Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:21 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I'm trying to imagine what an evolution of Girafarig would look like. The little head on the tail becomes part of the main head or something, or a two-faced Pokémon where the original tail head has the evil look like the happy/sad masks?

Cyclone
Id make its darker side become the important one. And change its primary type from Normal to Dark, while retaining the secondary Psychic abilities.

With the explanation being something along the lines of that the mean personality beat the benevolent one and took over.

It could be a Scizor-like evolution (which we have not seen happen since!) as in that its stats merely get shuffled around...but with 455 total I think that wouldn't be cool enough... so I guess like several similar evos, it would be reasonable to get about 50 additional stats.
70 80 65 90 65 85 455
-->
80 100 70 90 70 95 505
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:20 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I'm sort of hoping Scizor get's an evolution with actual stat growth this time around. Or perhaps an alternate Scyther evolution with stat growth but keeps the Bug/Flying type.
Stand for Life
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I'm sort of hoping Scizor get's an evolution with actual stat growth this time around. Or perhaps an alternate Scyther evolution with stat growth but keeps the Bug/Flying type.
Oh dear, you do know Scizor is extremely powerful, right? It's also fairly bulky(100 base def doesn't lie/also 130 base attack) and it doesn't really even need the speed much, as Bullet Punch does it's job effectively; nearly every single Scizor in competitive battling also has Technician, and if you wanted the extra oomph, you could also run Choice Band(though I don't really know how effective that is? Though seeing as it's viable, I would assume it's decent enough) and also even Life Orb to deal an even more immense amount of damage to your enemies. I mean, Scizor is #1 in OU for a good reason. :x

I suppose the general point I'm making here is that, I don't think Scizor nor Scyther need any evolutions here. :x Bug/Flying would just be too stealth rock weak, but that would just my opinion here.

Last edited by Zorua; February 6th, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Pinsir's the one who needs an evolution, not Scizor. I dunno what typing it could get, but a Pinsir evolution would be cool to see. Hopefully we get a Druddigon one too, if only cause a 1 stage dragon is kind of lame.
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:25 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Druddigon is already massive though. There's some room for growth in the stats department but I'm not sure where they'd go aesthetically. Barely anyone even likes it anyway, I doubt GF see much demand for anything related to Druddigon ever again.

But maybe that's just my dislike for it coming through.

Old February 6th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
Druddigon is already massive though. There's some room for growth in the stats department but I'm not sure where they'd go aesthetically. Barely anyone even likes it anyway, I doubt GF see much demand for anything related to Druddigon ever again.

How.dare.you. Druddigon is obviously the best Unova Pokemon, and there are many others out there besides myself who love Druddi. But maybe that's my love love for him coming through.

But yeah, I agree, I don't want him to get an evolution. He's good enough as is IMO.

Old February 6th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:

There was no real reason to evolve any of the Pokemon that Gamefreak evolved in the past. They evolve them because they want to add to their lines. That's all the reason they need. If they look at Druddigon and go: "Hey lets make it evolve!" we'll get a Druddigon Evo.
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:36 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
If they look at Druddigon and go: "Hey lets make it evolve!" we'll get a Druddigon Evo.
Yes, and they're more likely to think like that if said pokémon they're discussing isn't already massive and hugely unpopular.

Old February 6th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Pinsir's the one who needs an evolution, not Scizor. I dunno what typing it could get, but a Pinsir evolution would be cool to see. Hopefully we get a Druddigon one too, if only cause a 1 stage dragon is kind of lame.
Completely agree with this, and I can honestly see Pinsir evolving into a Bug/Steel should it ever get one.

Quote:
There was no real reason to evolve any of the Pokemon that Gamefreak evolved in the past. They evolve them because they want to add to their lines. That's all the reason they need. If they look at Druddigon and go: "Hey lets make it evolve!" we'll get a Druddigon Evo.
The way I've always thought about it, GameFreak probably has gone through tons of evolutionary ideas for many of the Pokémon who currently don't have any, and while some of them got them, some of them probably didn't make it. As most of us know, many of the designs go through trials and they are constantly changing before a final design is decided upon. Remember, Torchic? I think GameFreak comes up with a lot of concepts and ideas that either don't make it into the games or are left on the back burner for a later time.

But, I agree, it doesn't matter if we think a Pokémon needs an evolution or not. If GameFreak wants it, they'll make it.
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yes, and they're more likely to think like that if said pokémon they're discussing isn't already massive and hugely unpopular.
You're making it sound like Druddigon was some useless scrap of Pokemon or something! Which I assure you isn't the case, really! With some trick room support, it could become quite formidable, and a Druddigon outrage isn't something to be underestimated. :x But I digress.

My two cents is that it really shouldn't have one, because it's strong enough as it is. Can't have every single dragon type being super fast, and I think we learned that in Druddigon's case. It takes a bit of strategy and workaround, but it's definitely not a bad Pokemon at all~
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Golbat, Aipom, Misdreavous, Magmar, Roselia, Magneton, Nosepass, Lickitung, Tangela, Kirlia, Snorunt.

These weren't that popular from what I remember, though I wasn't involved with internet chats then. A lot of those I can't really see a justified reason for evolution beyond, well we just felt like adding on. Not even for the split evolutions on the last two. Some have fairly popular evolutions now too.
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:40 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Quote:
Golbat, Aipom, Misdreavous, Magmar, Roselia, Magneton, Nosepass, Lickitung, Tangela, Kirlia, Snorunt.

These weren't that popular from what I remember, though I wasn't involved with internet chats then. A lot of those I can't really see a justified reason for evolution beyond, well we just felt like adding on. Not even for the split evolutions on the last two. Some have fairly popular evolutions now too.
All of which were small pokémon with fairly unimpressive stats! Many being Gen I alone made them popular enough via nostalgia to be worth evolving (especially to deal with power creep and whatnot) but to me Druddigon would very much be an odd one out among that list. Were I to pick an exception to the "rule" of sorts I suggest, it would surely be Dusclops, whose evolution was just bizarre. GameFreak making another exception out of Druddigon isn't impossible, obviously, but I don't see it happening.

Old February 6th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
All of which were small pokémon with fairly unimpressive stats! Many being Gen I alone made them popular enough via nostalgia to be worth evolving (especially to deal with power creep and whatnot) but to me Druddigon would very much be an odd one out among that list. Were I to pick an exception to the "rule" of sorts I suggest, it would surely be Dusclops, whose evolution was just bizarre. GameFreak making another exception out of Druddigon isn't impossible, obviously, but I don't see it happening.
I don't know about you, but I never really nostalgia'd about Golbat, or Roselia, or most of the other Pokemon that Xander mentioned, really. Maybe it's just me, though. Other noteworthy Pokemon include Tangela, as well as Lickitung. Dusknoir was weird, but it functioned more or less pretty well in battle, so nothing was really overly wrong with it~!

I mean, ultimately, it is up to GF, as mentioned already. A Druddigon evo could happen, and it could not happen. As things look, and looking at it's stats, it doesn't necessarily scream "I need an evolution!!!" so yeah, that's my two cents of things(yay, repeating myself!).

Last edited by Zorua; February 6th, 2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:49 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Well Roselia for sure didn't have nostalgia, not being Gen I. But I always found that to be quite a popular pokémon/line anyway. Is it possible to resist that fabulousness?!

I suppose in reality, it comes down to whether or not anyone at GF can imagine a good evo for the pokémon in question. To me Druddigon always came across as a future forgotten relic of V, but who knows really.

Old February 6th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:

y I agree. Druddigon is boring design-wise, and drawing attention to it just seems useless. It was a filler Pokemon imo and the most I see it getting is a cute pre-evolution, but no evolution. ;(
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Druddigon is only 20 points better than Magneton. Magmar is stronger than Druddigon by 10 points. So Druddigon falls in a perfect spot. Electabuzz and Magmar IMO didn't need to evolve at all. They were pretty good on their own.

As for size, Golbat is the same size as Druddigon. Don't think size thing is a fairly valid defense against.
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Druddigon is only 20 points better than Magneton. Magmar is stronger than Druddigon by 10 points. So Druddigon falls in a perfect spot. Electabuzz and Magmar IMO didn't need to evolve at all. They were pretty good on their own.

As for size, Golbat is the same size as Druddigon. Don't think size thing is a fairly valid defense against.
If only it weren't for it's type/movepool, is the problem here. The only worry I have is it being too overpowered. This never really applied to Magmortar or Electabuzz or most of the other 4th gen evos because they were relatively simple to counter. However, once you have a Druddigon evo, you basically have another(albeit, slower) Haxorus on your hands, and Haxorus is already devastating enough as it is. :x
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:02 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Quote:

Magneton and Magmar weren't big, and Golbat didn't have good stats. Druddigon is the only one in the list who is big, has decent stats and is generally disliked.

But I did basically concede the point anyway, were I at GameFreak and I somehow came up with a concept to make Druddigon look any less horrendous than it currently does, I would probably release it regardless of the circumstances surrounding the pokémon I'm evolving.

Old February 6th, 2013, 06:03 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
i wants the wobbuffet evolution, wobbanuat! other then that, a combee pre and maybe a dugtrio evolution, dugquartet.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:

n Druddigon has all that but generally the fanbase likes it a lot less (I know Weighty does but...) given that almost 90% of the community here (that participates in B/W) voted for it in terms of the worst. It just didn't stand out and if it did get an evolution it would just seem unnecessary. Magneton on the other hand was actually really liked back then from what I recall. ;(
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:11 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterman View Post
i wants the wobbuffet evolution, wobbanuat! other then that, a combee pre and maybe a dugtrio evolution, dugquartet.
A Combee pre-evolution would be too weak, Combee is one of the weakest Pokémon as it is.

They wouldn't have to make a Druddigon evolution too powerful. Take a look at Scizor for example, it didn't get a higher BST after evolving, it just had it's stats changed around. They could do that if they wanted.
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
A Combee pre-evolution would be too weak, Combee is one of the weakest Pokémon as it is.

They wouldn't have to make a Druddigon evolution too powerful. Take a look at Scizor for example, it didn't get a higher BST after evolving, it just had it's stats changed around. They could do that if they wanted.
Except Scizor was pretty much Scyther on some pretty strong steroids. That and it's typing really helped it, not letting it being weak to stealth rock as well as Poison spikes/other entry hazards except spikes. In order for something similar to happen to Druddigon, I would imagine they would have to add an additional type of some sort(probably dragon/flying? But then we'd have an inferior Dragonite, won't we?).

I guess it goes to show that even switching around stats could prove to make a Pokemon to be twice as powerful than it already is. XD
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:40 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Except Scizor was pretty much Scyther on some pretty strong steroids. That and it's typing really helped it, not letting it being weak to stealth rock as well as Poison spikes/other entry hazards except spikes. In order for something similar to happen to Druddigon, I would imagine they would have to add an additional type of some sort(probably dragon/flying? But then we'd have an inferior Dragonite, won't we?).

I guess it goes to show that even switching around stats could prove to make a Pokemon to be twice as powerful than it already is. XD
Lol many of those moves you mentioned that scizor's good against didn't even exist back in generation II when it was made...

I can see Druddigon become Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Rock as it'll fit nicely with it's rough skin ability, also Dragon/Steel would give it a lot of help competively that it wouldn't need a very large stat increase.
Stand for Life
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Lol many of those moves you mentioned that scizor's good against didn't even exist back in generation II when it was made...
And that has to do with what, exactly? Someone can correct me on this since I've barely any knowledge of the Gen II metagame, but from what I can guess, Scizor was really no hotshot then. It was really Gen IV and from then on forward when it shone, especially wielding dangerous tools such as Swords Dance, Bug Bite and the like to make it even further lethal. Now, Scizor has it's downfalls, 4x Fire weak is one thing, and plus, a boosted special move or so can take it down fairly easily, but for what it's worth, Scizor is no pushover.

/endrant.

Point being, it needs to be left alone. u_u
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Munchlax11
Munch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post

I can see Druddigon become Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Rock as it'll fit nicely with it's rough skin ability, also Dragon/Steel would give it a lot of help competively that it wouldn't need a very large stat increase.
I would love to see a Dragon/Steel evolution for Druddigon. Plus I agree that it wouldn't need a big stat increase. I would love to see that evolution, but I would prefer evolutions from generations before gen V. I feel like gen V is still too fresh in our minds. Although I wouldn't mind seeing some evolutions from gen V (like a Druddigon dragon/steel evo) I want to see evolutions from some earlier gen pokemon.... Like perhaps dunsparce and pinsir? I think those pokemon need evolutions

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here