The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:19 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I think they may include some of the suburbs of Paris as well.

Now what do you guys think will happen to the Route numbering? Will we go back down to Route 1? Or will the region pick up where Unova left off?

Also I wonder if it'll have a link to Unova as real life france helped America gain it's independence...
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Not sure if this has been mentioned, and too lazy to look, but not only is there an Eiffel Tower-like figure in the background, but when Pikachu speaks at the beginning of the trailer and then it zooms out and he 'shocks the globe', he's actually standing on the Eiffel Tower :3

So yeah, most likely France based.

Old January 9th, 2013, 04:22 AM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I think they may include some of the suburbs of Paris as well.

Now what do you guys think will happen to the Route numbering? Will we go back down to Route 1? Or will the region pick up where Unova left off?

Also I wonder if it'll have a link to Unova as real life france helped America gain it's independence...
It's confirmed to be back at 1 because of a sign visible in the trailer showing a 3.
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Community Supporter

If the region is made up of paris and the area around it the region will than be land locked as Paris isn't close to the coast for quite a distance, and if it were to connect to normandy it'll be the biggest region ever seeing how that extension would make it bigger than the sinnoh region which is based on Hokkaido (of course pokemon regions aren't exactly to scale...).
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:08 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I'm hoping it's something French, especially now that I love the place xD Hopefully they'll add the attractions too, more than just the Eiffel Tower, though for some odd reason I can picture the final battle taking place at the top... xD
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Hm... I'm thinking the new region will have some sort of contact with the Unova region, even though it's based on an entirely new continent. As we've already seen the Eiffel Tower, it's very likely to be based off Paris or the entire country of France. Seeing as Unova was based off New York City.
Quote:
Hm... I'm probably thinking that it would probably go all the way back down to Route 1 again, seeing as the games are based in a different continent from the United States. The only games that have ended up going onto Route 101, 201 ect. is when it was based in the same country. Since Hoenn was based in Japan, it went up to Route 101, while Sinnoh was based on Hokkaido, Japan... it went to Route 201.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
In the trailer there was a sign post with a "3" on it only assuming this is Route 3 which may indicate that this region is isolated from the others.

Old January 12th, 2013, 09:12 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
In the trailer there was a sign post with a "3" on it only assuming this is Route 3 which may indicate that this region is isolated from the others.
Agreed, this region is most likely like Unova and is secluded from the other regions, so it'd start from 1 again

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Community Supporter

I'm glad that some of the old pokemon appear, it makes it feel like we might get Pokemon connected to the old opposed to Unova (BW) which had all new.
I hope they include the beach at the seine river into the games (yes the french have a makeshift beach on a river).
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Esper

Quote:
If the region is made up of paris and the area around it the region will than be land locked as Paris isn't close to the coast for quite a distance, and if it were to connect to normandy it'll be the biggest region ever seeing how that extension would make it bigger than the sinnoh region which is based on Hokkaido (of course pokemon regions aren't exactly to scale...).
Paris does have the Seine river though, and they could exaggerate the size of it a bit to give us some more water areas.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:58 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
I think the trainers, espc the girl look french also. Gamefreak really didn't make it hard this time. xD.

Interesting pics of french buildings, those defiantly look like the locations in the games. I thought some of Sinnoh's Pokemon looked french, haha.

Old January 13th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Well if they do base it on France, it would be cool if they named ONE of the characters Eleanor after Eleanor of Aquitaine because she is a really interesting historical character. But hopefully there aren't a ton of dumb stereotypes like berets and snails and stuff.
Old January 13th, 2013, 11:32 AM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
I think people are generalizing it to Europe for speculation, but I would really love to see it based in France specifically. It gives them more room to work with other European countries in the future, as well.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old January 13th, 2013, 02:01 PM
HyperXhydra

I think it's Paris, you can see in the trailer.
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM
The_Mew

So a few people may have said already that the structure in the back of one of the scenes of the trailer looks like the eiffel tower. However, most still think this doesn't actually mean it would be located in france.
So now to get to my point, i may be one of the only ones to not have seen this immediately, but right at the start of the trailer, pikachu is standing in a city, now that doesnt mean very much, but when you see him doing his thundershock attack and the camera slowly moves out of there and shows the whole earth. When you pause it at the right time, at about 00:13. You can clearly see pikachu was standing on the Eiffel Tower. Also, it is shown the thundershock is directly coming from the center of Europe.
To come to a conclusion, Is this something everyone already knew about and didnt see it as enough information?? Or am i the first one to see this? Anyways, i made this thread to speculate if this game would be set in france or not, and if this is a confirmation or not.

For reference, Here's a picture of what i saw
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:37 PM
snideasides

Definitely Europe in general, which would suggest a London analogy on an island? It's been a while since we've had an island city. We also see tulips in the preview video (which would suggest the Netherlands are featured somehow) and the big castle's design appears to be based on Frederiksborg Palace in Denmark. The only thing I haven't figured out is the UFO-like buildings in the desert setting. The desert would suggest it's equivalent to Spain, but those buildings don't fit any Spanish architecture I can find.
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Hm... earlier I was thinking that the region might actually be set in Paris. But then again... when I looked at it on Google Earth, it was completely inland. So now I kind of think that the new region would probably be based in France, but I'm thinking it'll take place somewhere on the west side of France.

So it kind of makes me think that the region will kind of look more like this:
Spoiler:

What do you think? Is this a good location for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y to be set in? :o

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:58 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Drag some London and Stone Henge onto the map from the northeast and it'll be fine xD
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Forever
let it go

Looks okay! I like that there's little islands nearby. Travelling to them would be awesome as extra little things, such as travelling to the islands, and stuff, like Liberty Garden. :3

Plus then we'd have extra things to do after exploring the main region!
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:04 PM
revlis
The Sentinel
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Looking around sub-reddit Pokemon and came across this from 4chan: http://imgur.com/Cc5scHt

While it doesn't give a convincing counter argument for France, it does give us another idea. Perhaps the region is actually the British Isles?

From wikipedia: "Cernunnos was a god in Celtic mythology that possessed two deer antlers on the top of his head. He was known as The Horned One or The Horned God despite having antlers and not horns. Cernunnos is also known as The Stag Lord, The Horned God of the Hunt, The Lord of the Forest, The Lord of the Hunt, and The Lord of the Animals.[4] However, it is impossible to know exactly because there is no one particular myth concerning him."

a Celtic Stag? Similar to Xerneas perhaps?

EDIT: Also (http://imgur.com/r/pokemon/feeJWSE) something else to add to the Britain-based idea.

Anyone else dig up some information on the possibility of it being in Britain? Or perhaps somewhere else entirely?

Last edited by revlis; February 6th, 2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Forever
let it go

Oooooh that's really interesting. Right now I actually believe the Britain thing more than France, really. Plus it'd make sense - covering the "major" English speaking locations, starting from America, to Britain, to Australia, etc. Also if that's right, it means that GF were intentionally trying to trick us from the start - good stuff you found imo.
Old February 7th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
That does make a lot of sense~! Yeah, I can totally see the games being based off of Britain instead of France now; which can be actually quite interesting! Britain does have a lot of cool architecture, so I'd like to see more of it there. Well, maybe not just Britain, but I would like to see X and Y being base doff of Europe in General.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 7th, 2013, 09:06 AM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
BOOOOOOOOOO. No1curr about Britain.

Old February 7th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
BOOOOOOOOOO. No1curr about Britain.
n British people do! But it could definitely be interesting given Britain looks pretty and it'd certainly shock us. :3
Old February 7th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Probably gonna be france, but hat's off to considering Britain. I mean I don't get the point in having your most used mascot on top of the most famous French landmark starting off a trailer for a game which has very Parisian architecture in a city that features a huge Eiffel Tower like structure, only to give us Britain of all things. You do that not as a red-herring, but to get people thinking of what a Paris based region can be like. Not to mention, the Manga site has some French Adventure thing, and Masuda has been in Paris for a while a couple months ago, being super happy about it and what not.

Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_Versailles
The Palace of Versailles. Almost exact same architecture for that palace, and the huge water body with a bridge is strikingly similar.
http://www.google.gr/search?q=parisi...w=1280&bih=911
Take also a good look at all these buildings, compared to XY. Kinda the same vibe going on right? You know why too, right? Yes, because its based on France!

Sponsored Links