The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Old February 7th, 2013, 01:30 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7

Advertise here
So we've always had NPCs move, though until Unova, they were always just in a set path, or in a small area. In Unova, in places like Castelia City, we had many workers walk through the city, asking you to move, saying hello etc. If you ran into them, they'd just more to the side and continue. Do you think we'll get something similar again? Do you think we'll get to battle any of these people? Would you like it again?

Discuss!
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I never really paid attention to that kind of stuff, to be honest....

I mean, it seems nice to give it that "metropolis"-like feeling, but other than that, I can see it being easily ignored. u___u Though for aesthetics, it wouldn't be so bad? I just wish they could stop and have a short conversation with you or something and not be so rude and run right past you as if you were a ghost or something.
Old February 8th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
It would be nice to see NPCs walking around in the same style as it was in Castelia City, I thought it was a rather interesting type of script they put into the map in where they said things and while you're walking by.

I wonder if they could come up with even more interesting types of movement that NPCs can do in Pokémon X and Y? Knowing that 3D models are used instead of sprites. I'd like to see movements in where if you walk into a certain area, the person would follow you around while browsing around in a store or something like that. ;)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 8th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I always felt like the walking npcs in Castelia City were more like decoration than npcs. They were a requirement to give Castelia City a metropolis feeling and nothing more.

I think they would be out of place in most towns.
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Sabrewulf brings up a good point. I would like to see moving NPC's again, but not unless they fit the environment they were to be used in. Castelia City is more or less a replica of New York City and given my experience living there, people are always in a rush and hustling past you. No respect, I tell you! The moving NPC's in Castelia City was sort of like a representation of that. It gave you the feeling like you were in a large and busy city just like if you were in NYC.

Should GameFreak choose to do that again, battling them would be a nice addition to the concept. It would be quite unexpected since you wouldn't know who you run into will want to challenge you to a sudden battle. Then again, doing so would be choosing to ignore the idea that all of these running NPC's are in a hurry to supposedly be somewhere ─ unless, maybe, they were simply passing through like us. In that case, I'd hate to be someone who's rushing to a Pokémon Center in that exact moment.

I'd actually like something like the news reporters in RSE again. You remember how they showed up in different locations to battle you? Well, what if we had NPC's we battled in earlier routes show up again in future routes. That's technically considered moving NPC's, right? Just not in the exact same way as the folks over in Castelia City.
Old February 8th, 2013, 03:01 PM
The_Mew

Like many have said before: Castelia City's rushing people were more of a decoration than actual npcs. However, i just got this idea: Seeing as there will be a limited amount of trainer sprites (like before) wouldn't it be cool to let every different overworld sprite ba just a single person who you meet about 4 times in your playtrough, each time they would have their previous pokemon at a higher level. Like this, we could have 400+ trainer battles withouth the sprites being repeated and having more small reocurring characters.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here