The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Papii
Unhatched Egg

For me, it'll have to be Red. I don't know why, but I can remember my Pokemon being in the lower 60's and Red's Pokemon being in the higher 80's and lower 90's...
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:51 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Ya that was always a pain. Are you talking in the Gen2 remake or Gen 2 itself cuz Gen 2 itself was easy.

My hardest battles were against Whitneys Milktank. God was that hard
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Basic_Psyduck
Things aren't real!

Nature: Quirky
Took me a few days to win against Misty, playing nonstop - except some toilet and meal breaks - for like 8 hours a day, in my very first time battling her in PKM BLUE, which was also the very first PKM game I played when I was 8 or 9. Thought games were designed for people to win easily and did not take it seriously at all. Misty was the first tough enemy I fought, and the Starmie's Bubblebeam owned my team in an instant, giving that it had taken me quite an effort to finish Staryu before that.

Those were the days when only the animation of Water Gun, the moving pixels, the gym fight music and the irritation from hopeless attempts to win could haunt me in my dreams. After that there were a few more challenging battles, but the first experience is always the best.

We all wanna laugh!
Quote:
Once upon a time, Pokémon's designs were minimal.
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
My toughest battle was against Steven in Pokemon Sapphire. Even though our teams were evenly match in levels it still took me 4 days of trying to actually beat him.
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:42 AM
HeracrossIsBoss
Yo ;)

Nature: Relaxed
Whitneys miltank hands down.

Last edited by HeracrossIsBoss; February 6th, 2013 at 07:44 AM. Reason: mistake
Old February 6th, 2013, 12:37 PM
LightningAlex

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papii View Post
For me, it'll have to be Red. I don't know why, but I can remember my Pokemon being in the lower 60's and Red's Pokemon being in the higher 80's and lower 90's...
Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played Gen 2 in a long time, but I believe that Red's highest level is his Pikachu, which is 81. Still very hard, though.

For me, the hardest battle would be in Pokemon Ruby, against Tate & Liza. The highest leveled Pokemon I had was a Tentacool level 36, that I just caught (Haven't even sent it once to battle). I was unable to beat them until I really trained hard, but since I wanted to progress further into the game (First time playing 3rd generation), I didn't want to waste much time on training. So yeah... very hard battle xD

Any spriter interested in having their Fakemon appear in a fan game? Or designing fake Mega Evolutions? Shoot me a PM
Old February 6th, 2013, 12:39 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Red was the hardest battle I've had without a doubt.
Old February 6th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Papii
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningAlex View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played Gen 2 in a long time, but I believe that Red's highest level is his Pikachu, which is 81. Still very hard, though.

For me, the hardest battle would be in Pokemon Ruby, against Tate & Liza. The highest leveled Pokemon I had was a Tentacool level 36, that I just caught (Haven't even sent it once to battle). I was unable to beat them until I really trained hard, but since I wanted to progress further into the game (First time playing 3rd generation), I didn't want to waste much time on training. So yeah... very hard battle xD
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/red.shtml
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:34 PM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

I don't really remember having particularly hard battles in the Pokémon story, I think I used to over-level my team quite a bit - and I definitely do now. I guess my hardest battle in any of the stories so far would probably be something with Dark Lugia in RoL.
I think the actual hardest battle I've had was probably in one of the few times I played with a friend after Gamesharking platinum. We both battled it out with legendaries, can't remember it entirely. I think one of us won out by using Darkrai's sleep moves, can't remember who actually won though.

Old February 6th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
For me the one gym I struggled the most was with Iris in White. I had no high level dragons or any Pokemon with ice attacks. Even my high leveled Dewott (at 58) couldn't win. I lost 5 times. One of the hardest gym I had to face, all my Pokemon where getting knocked out in one hit, before I could even attack them. Then I realized that Dewott could learn Blizzard via HM. (I have to update my trainer card, I haven't done so in so long, I have all 8 badges now, majority of my team hasn't changed, Servine did evolve to Serperior)

My other hard gym was in Black 2, with Roxie, kept loosing fast with all my Pokemon getting poisoned. Back then I didn't have strong Pokemon either, no fire types. Didn't trade Pansear after the gym battle in Castelia City.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - Giving Challenges a quick break so I can enjoy OR/AS
Random Challenge - Badges: 6/8 - game: X - Location: Route 16
Random Challenge - Badges: 3/8 - game: Y - Location: Shalour City
50/50 Challenge - Badges 5/8 - Game Y - Location: Route 14
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningAlex View Post
Amen. Tate & Liza were the bane of my existence. I never gave their gym much thought since I figured I'd get there, beat them, and leave, but it was never that simple.
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Zero Percent
Loading... Please wait

Pokemon Ranger. The Legendary dogs took me well over a day to beat/capture. And don't even get me started on the Go-Go squad siblings...
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:17 PM
LightningAlex

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papii View Post
Oh... Haven't played HG/SS yet. Sorry about that, I'll remember to check before posting then next time.

Any spriter interested in having their Fakemon appear in a fan game? Or designing fake Mega Evolutions? Shoot me a PM
Old February 7th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
The only two battles that I can ever recall struggling with were against Ghetsis in White, and Roxie in White 2. Both times I tried to face them with teams at a type disadvantage, but even after I lost, I was still too stubborn to change my team around. I think I lost to each of them 3 or 4 times before beating them with the same teams (with a lot of help from healing items).

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old February 7th, 2013, 02:26 PM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

For me, it's Lucian. Between him and Cynthia, I had used all 23 of my revives. (In Diamond and Pearl) Another one is Elesa, and her annoying volt switch. Tate and Liza were also nightmares to battle. Also, Colress was hard for me to battle if I forgot to bring my fire types.

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hikamaru
オニゴーリ
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I've had several close calls, but that was just me using strategies or something.

For me, it would probably be Ghetsis in Black, his Pokemon kept KO'ing my team, forcing me to use Revive after Revive (and maybe even a Hyper Potion here and there) and it was down to just his Seismitoad and my Samurott. I manage to defeat him in the end but oh god that Hydreigon was such a rough thing, and I had trouble hitting it super-effectively. N would have to come in second thanks to the fact he leads with Reshiram/Zekrom and also has a powerful Archeops that I struggled against a lot thanks to the fact it was fast and hit hard.

Iris in Black 2 was almost as hard, as I had very little that could counter her Pokemon and I was surprised that after her Haxorus hit my Lucario with a Dragon Dance-boosted Earthquake, he did not get one-hit KO'd and I managed to defeat her. But oh god Earthquake caught me off guard.
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Uhh...I dunno...well, only 3 battles really were a challenge...OK. Here it goes:

1.Red. G/S/C/HG/SS. Really...he's strong, isn't he? Well, I could beat him, only 3 times. Really, only 3 times...I had to use Hyper potions and Max revives all the time...O_O
2. Ghetsis. BW. OK...his team was a challengee, BUT I could beat him in my 3rd battle because my friend traded his Rayquaza for my ChanseyLugia for a while.
3. Whitney G/S/C/HG/SS. DAT MILTANK!

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Chaos Fork
So I heard you liek Mudkipz

Nature: Calm
I found Red kinda easy, even with my team only being lv70+
I admit, my hardest battle was the gen 5 elite 4. ALL OF THEM. (Except Shauntal, he (or she whatever) was easy.)

My NEW black 2 FC: 0347-8844-0065
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:39 PM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

Nature: Calm
the Last battle with Blue in the original Pokemon Red was a major pain in my ass and it took me atleast a week to beat red in the original gold back when i was a kid other than that never had a battle too tough

Safari Grass: PanSage - Maractus - Sawsbuck
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:27 AM
KingSquirtle
Unhatched Egg

Hardest one that was fare and not just me going against some super leveled character? Lol I think it was the hardest and most fun battle I ever had. Cynthia in white. I lost quite spectacularly to her once so I came back after a bit. I used samurott 76 haxorus 67 bisharp 69 volcarona 74 kyurem 78 beheeyem 63. We were just going back and forth and I had no revives. It was like real serious equal matched battling. So exhilarating. In the end with just 29/180 hp left, beheeyem managed to get one last thunder shock in to finish her milotic. The milotic shot my beheeyem down to 29 hp from 180 with a single water pulse and my beheeyem moved second. I was so scared the bar would keep dropping. I was thinking no no no no please stop please stop please stop!!! Such an amazingly satisfied feeling afterwards.
Old February 8th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
FireRed. Lorelei. This was years ago, but I had such a difficult time battling Lorelei the first time I played FireRed. I lost to her numerous times before I got so upset and restarted the game. Nothing has been as challenging for me since then.
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
That Veteran in Challenger's Cave with a team of Snorlax, Excadrill and some other OU Pokémon. Would've been easier if I wasn't underleveled.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

Please give Boomburst to Pidgeot, GF!!!
Old February 8th, 2013, 03:22 PM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Yahoo to KKN
Probably Red in HeartGold Version. I even traded myself two LV.100 Pokémon and still lost the first two times.

Next to that, probably Whitney's Miltank (Silver) or Lorelei (Red).

Ice-type Trainer & Dunsparce Fanatic | 3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200
Karite-Kita-Neko @deviantARTKjKun Neko @GPXPlus
Old February 8th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Caelus
Gone

Probably Red in HG/SS. He was already tough to beat in GSC but they took it to another level in the remakes. That Pikachu I'm pretty sure was a level 88 and his other Pokemon were at least level 83.
Old February 9th, 2013, 04:30 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Red in Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal, and the Battle Tower in Olivine City in the Crystal version. I beat Red a few times but the Battle Tower trainers killed me. The legendary dogs (Raikou, Entei and Suicune) gave me a run for my money too, especially when they use Roar on me or run away.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links