• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2013
Um, so I tried to download this hack and play it, and I got a white screen. After checking main post, I watched the video about changing the savetype and the flash to 128k or whatever, but that didn't help either. I don't mean to be a bother or be annoying, but is there some new patch of the game or another video's instructions I could follow to get the rom to work? Or, can someone give me the directions here? Thanks in advance.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
If you get a white screen, you are using the wrong rom, or your emulator is not correctly set. Turn VBA off, delete the Light Platinum.sa1 or .sav file, turn VBA back on, go to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Flash 128k, turn VBA off again, then turn it back on and load the rom once more. If that doesn't work, you are not using a Ruby 1.0 Rom. When looking for it, googling '0907 Ruby 1.0 (U)' might help. I found one on 4shared.

Learn. to. read.

It's in all of my release posts.

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2013
Sorry. Thanks though. I'll go do it now and ensure that it works- or go get the rom if it doesn't.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2014
I have a big problem, sometimes when i try tall with someone (the fossil guy in the cave b4 groment and jasmine IN groment, i simply talk with'em, i press the talk buttons and cant talk, simply dont work (sry bad english ;/)

And shorley at the groment museum dont go away when i defeat the 2 admins D:

Last edited:
Years
Um, so I tried to download this hack and play it, and I got a white screen. After checking main post, I watched the video about changing the savetype and the flash to 128k or whatever, but that didn't help either. I don't mean to be a bother or be annoying, but is there some new patch of the game or another video's instructions I could follow to get the rom to work? Or, can someone give me the directions here? Thanks in advance.
If you are still facing problems than PM I will help you get it.:sleeping:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have a big problem, sometimes when i try tall with someone (the fossil guy in the cave b4 groment and jasmine IN groment, i simply talk with'em, i press the talk buttons and cant talk, simply dont work (sry bad english ;/)

And shorley at the groment museum dont go away when i defeat the 2 admins D:
Have you done something with the ROM... like using YAPE?

In seanport city a Shnix heals your pokemon
Well... you don't say! It's an easter egg ;)

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2014

Have you done something with the ROM... like using YAPE?

Well... you don't say! It's an easter egg ;)

Nope sir, only thing i used was WTW cuz after seanport 2 duskulls bugged me (And I didnt received Surf from steven, he simply wasnt there :( )

Cant talk with the main characters..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2013
I was wondering if anyone knew how to obtain umbreon? ive gotten my eevee to the right level of happiness because when it starts to evolve it begins to turn into an espeon. ive tried manipulating my computers clock n junk but to see if it wasnt "night" yet but that didnt work either.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Nope sir, only thing i used was WTW cuz after seanport 2 duskulls bugged me (And I didnt received Surf from steven, he simply wasnt there :( )
Can you repatch the ROM to see what happens...?

I was wondering if anyone knew how to obtain umbreon? ive gotten my eevee to the right level of happiness because when it starts to evolve it begins to turn into an espeon. ive tried manipulating my computers clock n junk but to see if it wasnt "night" yet but that didnt work either.
As this hack does not have D&NS it's impossible to obtain Umbreon without changing the evolution.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2014
i didnt patched, i dlded the standalone rom Pokemon Light Platinum Complete (English), when i patched ruby a white screen appears, the fix tutorial didnt worked

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
I just beat the Ricyan gym what do I do now as Merydian city has a place I need to dig through which gym gives me that tm?

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
everyone!
82FBD860AE242721
313D2BCE9004E149
D521BFDAF306CE43
this is code for gible!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
i didnt patched, i dlded the standalone rom Pokemon Light Platinum Complete (English), when i patched ruby a white screen appears, the fix tutorial didnt worked
Then that seems to be problem... the downloaded ROM may be badly patched.
You need to try a different ROM. But there might be a problem with your VBA... if you have VBA-M then you should have no problems.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2013
In my game the Mienshao and the Arceus sprite are inverted somehow. In battle or summary they look good, but in the menu's my Mienshao looks like an Arceus and my Arceus like a Mienshao. Does anyone else have the smae issue?

TheTrout

TheMasterBlastiose
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
Every time I try to go to Team Plasmas headquarters their leaders and a bunch of Grunts are blocking my path and I can't get inside to continue the game. Also I think the gym leader for the 8th badge in the Zhery League is standing near route 415 and he just stands there and I cant talk to him, and I can't talk to the Team Steams either Please Help.

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2013
This hack is awesome so far! I'm curious about how to evolve my snorunt into froslass tho :\. any help??

Back