The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy

Advertise here
That's some pretty interesting connections there. Although, I'm still pretty convinced that the new region will be set in France. Even the starters seem to have a strong link to the culture of France than most. That being said, I also hope the new region is influenced from Europe in general and not just one specific country.

Britain would make for a beautiful region though, so I wouldn't mind if it were Britain and not France.

Last edited by Guy; February 7th, 2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Probably gonna be france, but hat's off to considering Britain. I mean I don't get the point in having your most used mascot on top of the most famous French landmark starting off a trailer for a game which has very Parisian architecture in a city that features a huge Eiffel Tower like structure, only to give us Britain of all things. You do that not as a red-herring, but to get people thinking of what a Paris based region can be like. Not to mention, the Manga site has some French Adventure thing, and Masuda has been in Paris for a while a couple months ago, being super happy about it and what not.

Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_Versailles
The Palace of Versailles. Almost exact same architecture for that palace, and the huge water body with a bridge is strikingly similar.
http://www.google.gr/search?q=parisi...w=1280&bih=911
Take also a good look at all these buildings, compared to XY. Kinda the same vibe going on right? You know why too, right? Yes, because its based on France!
Well it could be both Britain and France. I mean Unova wasn't TOTALLY 100% in line with New York so they could mix around things a little (and honestly both Britain and France's architecture looks similar to me :x)
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:39 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
It's france, one can cleary see the river seine behind Pikachu when it shoots out the bolts covering the world in the announcement, plus the tower in that scene was cleary the eiffle tower. Saying it's britain seems to have less going for it than when some of us speculated Unova was based on Shanghai.
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:35 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
As a Brit, I can safely say that the in game tower in no way is based on Blackpool tower, the in game tower is clearly in the middle of a town centre just like the Eiffel, and stands on its own, the Blackpool tower is sat on top of a building and is right next to the coast, so they in no way match, and also those solid ufo shaped buildings in the Barren mountain range look NOTHING like the Eden project, which is clearly transparent honeycomb domes situated on the ground surrounded by rolling green hills.

It's obvious this region is based on France and not Britain, having been to both Blackpool and the Eden Project, they just don't match.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here