The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 7th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

why not remake the maps completely? It will definitely make the gameplay better.
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:57 AM
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDash View Post
why not remake the maps completely? It will definitely make the gameplay better.
I've considered doing this for later releases, my main concerns are with map connections. Also the tilesets don't have enough rooms for all the new buildings, so I figured a hybrid map would be more practical, and somewhat more original.
Old February 7th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Dragenrder
Unhatched Egg

Huh, this actually looks good. I've played a few Team Rocket hacks and most of them kinda sucked, or didn't even really work...

Well here's hoping! Good luck my dear man!
3/6 Pokemon
Pokemon Fire Red
The One that got Away
Team Pending

Pokemon Ruby

Hacks I Support

Last edited by Dragenrder; February 7th, 2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Gramtical Error
Old February 8th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Chra
Unhatched Egg

'Till now i've already caught up on 2 bugs.
1. When i was gonna fight Jessie and James my game would freeze if james sprite was messed up.
2. When i try healing my pokemon, my game crashes.
Old February 9th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Romelu
Unhatched Egg

Hey,
i am stuck at mt. moon right now. The message "You see a shimmer from the rockface. Better investigate." is keeping me in that small passage.I have no idea what to do.

EDIT : Apparently i am an idiot.I found Old Amber now.

I am really enjoying your hack so far. Keep it up!
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:59 PM
hanabluebird

I very much enjoy this hack! It's one of my favorites so far and I've grinded through it though I'm not sure if it's where the beta ends for now or if it's a glitch, but once you collect the fossils for Mt.Moon, it says you, Jessie, and James return to TR Base in the helicopter, yet I get put into the house in the Mt.Moon Square and can't leave Mt.Moon.
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:17 PM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanabluebird View Post
I very much enjoy this hack! It's one of my favorites so far and I've grinded through it though I'm not sure if it's where the beta ends for now or if it's a glitch, but once you collect the fossils for Mt.Moon, it says you, Jessie, and James return to TR Base in the helicopter, yet I get put into the house in the Mt.Moon Square and can't leave Mt.Moon.
That's just the end of the Beta. I warped you back to Mt. Moon so you can at least grind a little bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romelu View Post
Hey,
i am stuck at mt. moon right now. The message "You see a shimmer from the rockface. Better investigate." is keeping me in that small passage.I have no idea what to do.

EDIT : Apparently i am an idiot.I found Old Amber now.

I am really enjoying your hack so far. Keep it up!
Thanks!
I'm working on the third gym now, so far a few notable changes are battle backgrounds (with help from Tajaros) and Gen 4 and 5 moves. It might take a while for the next release as I'm creating custom animations for each move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chra View Post
'Till now i've already caught up on 2 bugs.
1. When i was gonna fight Jessie and James my game would freeze if james sprite was messed up.
2. When i try healing my pokemon, my game crashes.
I have to say, I have never encountered either of these glitches. I know that James sprite messes up, that's a glitch i'm aware of, but it shouldn't freeze the game. As for the second glitch, I've downloaded the patch, and patched it myself, and played through and have not experience a glitch with any of the pokemon centres.

Last edited by DrFuji; February 9th, 2013 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:18 AM
hanabluebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bayerf1 View Post
That's just the end of the Beta. I warped you back to Mt. Moon so you can at least grind a little bit more.
Alright, thank you for explaining to me~ I found a few small glitches(Well, two I can remember noticing) as well, to help you out!
-When standing infront of the pool of water at Mt. Moon Square, the reflection is choppy and yellow.
-When you have entered the house to steal the Secret Key, it glitches for a second, showing two figures; one at the table, another at the front door.
-When playing as a female, you are referred too and called male/he/etc.
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

I really suggest remapping. I don't know if you will, but if you don't it'll be boring since it will feel like revisiting kanto with better graphics.
Old February 10th, 2013, 07:02 PM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDash View Post
I really suggest remapping. I don't know if you will, but if you don't it'll be boring since it will feel like revisiting kanto with better graphics.
But you are revisiting Kanto with better graphics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanabluebird View Post
Alright, thank you for explaining to me~ I found a few small glitches(Well, two I can remember noticing) as well, to help you out!
-When standing infront of the pool of water at Mt. Moon Square, the reflection is choppy and yellow.
-When you have entered the house to steal the Secret Key, it glitches for a second, showing two figures; one at the table, another at the front door.
-When playing as a female, you are referred too and called male/he/etc.
The first glitch is directly related to the glitch that ruins Jessie/James' palette. I'm looking into it.
The second glitch I'm not entirely sure how to fix, as it's just a result of the level script not loading instantly
The third glitch i have fixed.

Last edited by DrFuji; February 10th, 2013 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old February 10th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bayerf1 View Post
But you are revisiting Kanto with better graphics..
We already have a HG/SS to do that for us.
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:26 PM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
Yes but this a different story.
I'm not trying to put Team Rocket into a new region or anything,
because that makes no sense.
I'm just using HGSS tiles to make Kanto look new.
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Aureus
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
Well, yes, but you don't play as Team Rocket in HG/SS. And you don't get to steal Pokemon from little kids. And you actually have to trade to trade evolve Pokemon. And... well the list goes on, but I think you get my point. This hack is primarily a remake of Fire Red from a Team Rocket perspective, the improved graphics are just a bonus - And to this purpose, I think he is staying as true to the original games as he can, what with the mapping, etc. Even the missions follow the original story line. (stealing the TM lol)
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:20 AM
wafflecar
Unhatched Egg

I'm not usually a fan of team rocket hacks, but i think i'll enjoy this one!
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Dragenrder
Unhatched Egg

I was playing the game and the badge system thing kinda bugged me, maybe they could be ranks or something...

Anyway, great job on the hack! I was kinda confused when the beta ended, and i wasn't really sure what happened. clarification of some kind would be nice.
3/6 Pokemon
Pokemon Fire Red
The One that got Away
Team Pending

Pokemon Ruby

Hacks I Support

Old February 13th, 2013, 11:38 PM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragenrder View Post
I was playing the game and the badge system thing kinda bugged me, maybe they could be ranks or something...

Anyway, great job on the hack! I was kinda confused when the beta ended, and i wasn't really sure what happened. clarification of some kind would be nice.
Basically the reason why I warped you back to Mt. Moon was just so you can at least keep training. The next beta will have this warp you to the correct location. Basically Celadon city wasn't complete, and it also meant you could go exploring, which would be bad.

The badges are basically like 'rank' badges. So with each badge you're a higher ranking member of Team Rocket. I'll add some text somewhere to explain this better if it's needed. After changing the trainer card to a Team Rocket based one it may make more sense.
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Golden Empoleon

Can you or Tararos do a tutorial on pokecommunity on how to edit the battle background.
I will appreciate it
Old February 15th, 2013, 08:50 PM
colorfulpoet
Unhatched Egg

This hack is awesome. Keep up the good work.
Old February 16th, 2013, 08:24 AM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Empoleon View Post
Can you or Tararos do a tutorial on pokecommunity on how to edit the battle background.
I will appreciate it
I'll definitely consider it!
I'll start taking some screenshots when I insert some more ones.
Old February 16th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
The starters and Meowth are weak, but if you can hack the base stats of those 3 pokes it would fix the issue, I guess...
At the begining, I defeated all the grunts but Jessie and James still didn't want to fight me. It turned out that I had to talk to the grunts I defeated in order to be able to battle J&J.
James' sprite turns yellow or w/e regularly!! Apparently, after every battle against him and Jessie.
Officer Jenny was a bit hard to beat, especially that the game goes fast on you and if you didn't by some Potions earlier you'll have some problems.
After I have been chased from Saffron to Route 5 I stayed there grinding for a while when a wild Abra appeared, I caught it and used Teleport to "cheat" the game... and yeah a bug. Can be easily fixed by removing Abra from there I suppose.
At some point, I tried to deposit Meowth in a box but the game wouldn't let me, it kept telling me "That's your last POKéMON!" while it wasn't...
CoolTrainer Samuel (at the bottom of Nugget Bridge) doesn't agro. I don't know if it is intended, but when I talk to him he says "You can't pass throught here!" then he battles me.
For some weird reason: Defense Curl raises spDef... Now if that is from the hack or from the rom I am using, I don't know... =_=
Also, see this screenshot for other stuff: i.imgur.com/ZxKle5G.png

Overall, the graphics are just fine I don't see why people are complaining about them... The only issue is the night that messes things up and James sprite... The storyline is great I enjoyed to play as a Team Rocket Grunt. The part that "explain" some stuff from the regular game as such as Bill stuck in his machine, the house with a hole in Cerulean City, ... also, stealing stuff... haha! :D Keep it up bro'. :]
Old February 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
The starters and Meowth are weak, but if you can hack the base stats of those 3 pokes it would fix the issue, I guess...
At the begining, I defeated all the grunts but Jessie and James still didn't want to fight me. It turned out that I had to talk to the grunts I defeated in order to be able to battle J&J.
James' sprite turns yellow or w/e regularly!! Apparently, after every battle against him and Jessie.
Officer Jenny was a bit hard to beat, especially that the game goes fast on you and if you didn't by some Potions earlier you'll have some problems.
After I have been chased from Saffron to Route 5 I stayed there grinding for a while when a wild Abra appeared, I caught it and used Teleport to "cheat" the game... and yeah a bug. Can be easily fixed by removing Abra from there I suppose.
At some point, I tried to deposit Meowth in a box but the game wouldn't let me, it kept telling me "That's your last POKéMON!" while it wasn't...
CoolTrainer Samuel (at the bottom of Nugget Bridge) doesn't agro. I don't know if it is intended, but when I talk to him he says "You can't pass throught here!" then he battles me.
For some weird reason: Defense Curl raises spDef... Now if that is from the hack or from the rom I am using, I don't know... =_=
Also, see this screenshot for other stuff: i.imgur.com/ZxKle5G.png

Overall, the graphics are just fine I don't see why people are complaining about them... The only issue is the night that messes things up and James sprite... The storyline is great I enjoyed to play as a Team Rocket Grunt. The part that "explain" some stuff from the regular game as such as Bill stuck in his machine, the house with a hole in Cerulean City, ... also, stealing stuff... haha! :D Keep it up bro'. :]
Thanks so much for your feedback, it's very indepth!
I've fixed the first glitch, now immediately after battling them the flag is set, which allows for Jessie and James to be fought.
The James glitch I don't really understand. Apparently someone had the glitch with Jessie not James. It must have something to do with the slots in the new palette table. I'll have to ask around a bit more.
Don't worry, I really wanted the first few battles to be difficult, just to make the point that Team Rocket won't take over Kanto so easily
I fixed the Abra Glitch, by temporarily making you unable to enter the grass, until you enter the Pokemon Center.
Cooltrainer Samuel only aggroes before you've beaten the gym.
I believe i've fixed the night time palette problems.
I also fixed the agro radius on Route 25
I'm pretty sure Defense Curl raises normal defense. It might just be because I included the physical/special split, so moves like Bite which were special now are physical.

Glad you like the story! Hopefully some of the bugs didn't ruin the experience too much.
Old February 18th, 2013, 10:04 PM
HyperKiller
What if..?

Nature: Relaxed
Gotta say,t his is real interesting, can't wait to see how this finishes! (Maybe put some sorta story branching that at one part you realise your mistakes and leave Team Rocket or stay? :x) I... could help with ideas to script into some people, i guess, but i can't do it myself, i'm a noob hacker. :\

Old February 20th, 2013, 03:41 AM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKiller View Post
Gotta say,t his is real interesting, can't wait to see how this finishes! (Maybe put some sorta story branching that at one part you realise your mistakes and leave Team Rocket or stay? :x) I... could help with ideas to script into some people, i guess, but i can't do it myself, i'm a noob hacker. :\
Glad you're excited! The next BETA is coming along well. The story is nearly done up to the third gym, I'd just like to change a few features such as custom moves, TMs etc.

I think that is a good potential story, however I already have one in mind for the postgame content. We'll see if I ever manage to get there! And if there are any particular characters that you would like to see, or cameo at all, just give me a PM.
Old February 20th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Caramel-O
The dark Cheetah

Nature: Calm
Really funny and cool idea!! really waiting for the complete version!!
Old March 1st, 2013, 05:24 AM
oks.pikachu
Rookie Hacker :)

Nature: Gentle
cool. I would like to be the bad guys, sometimes :D hey thanks

Gotta catch them all!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links