The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:16 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Xander's right, it would be more of a Johto clone...unless one considers B2W2 ("Gen V.5") as the Johto to Unova, if so than it'll be the new Hoenn...which dropped all previous mons, added Natures, two baby Pokémon, rebooted the ev system, added IV's,etc. In terms of mons I'm hoping it's more like Johto though. I wouldn't mind 7 Unova babies.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 02:27 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
They're really coming out of the woodwork now.

It's likely fake....or at least it looks less believable than the previous one.

The eyeball guy looks like he could be Fire/Poison or Fire/Dark though. I like it more than the other two.

Last edited by Sabrewulf238; February 3rd, 2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:21 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Xander's right, it would be more of a Johto clone...unless one considers B2W2 ("Gen V.5") as the Johto to Unova, if so than it'll be the new Hoenn...which dropped all previous mons, added Natures, two baby Pokémon, rebooted the ev system, added IV's,etc. In terms of mons I'm hoping it's more like Johto though. I wouldn't mind 7 Unova babies.
Yeah I considered B2W2 the Johto version :x I mean it just REMINDED me of Johto tbh. But ya idm if it's like Johto because Johto design-wise was cartoonish imo, and if that's the case these games will follow the same suit, and it already seems to be the case from the starters at least.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:38 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
They're really coming out of the woodwork now.

Spoiler:

It's likely fake....or at least it looks less believable than the previous one.

The eyeball guy looks like he could be Fire/Poison or Fire/Dark though. I like it more than the other two.
You can tell by the style of the artwork alone that this is a fake, BUT, I do love the design of the Dinosaur Pokémon at the top.

Anyway, even though Black and White were like the Kanto of the series and a lot of the new Pokémon felt inspired from the first generation, I hope they don't continue to use that as a way to rebuild the franchise. I'd like to see more of their creative juices flowing and seeing this generation get inspiration from the location of the world it is based off of. Use animals and species that they haven't yet used rather than try and reiterate what's already been done.

If they're trying to "evolve the world of Pokémon" as they put it, then keeping it fresh would be the way to go. Then again, if we had to decide on which past series of games this would be, then I'd go with Hoenn myself ─ which could have also been seen as a step of evolution for the world of Pokémon back then.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:58 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I'm liking these fan arts even if they are fake, it's something to look at whilst there is no news circulating. As you've stated above you can tell by the battle scenes that they are fake but nonetheless I'm really liking the designs of these.

Team αlpha
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
You can tell by the style of the artwork alone that this is a fake, BUT, I do love the design of the Dinosaur Pokémon at the top.

Anyway, even though Black and White were like the Kanto of the series and a lot of the new Pokémon felt inspired from the first generation, I hope they don't continue to use that as a way to rebuild the franchise. I'd like to see more of their creative juices flowing and seeing this generation get inspiration from the location of the world it is based off of. Use animals and species that they haven't yet used rather than try and reiterate what's already been done.

If they're trying to "evolve the world of Pokémon" as they put it, then keeping it fresh would be the way to go. Then again, if we had to decide on which past series of games this would be, then I'd go with Hoenn myself ─ which could have also been seen as a step of evolution for the world of Pokémon back then.
Hoenn Pokemon design-style seemed too tropical really. ;( Like everything felt like it belonged in the wild and I feel like these games will be more cultural rather than tropical, so something like gen 1 or gen 2 designs would make more sense (not discounting the clones tho).
Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:31 AM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Hoenn Pokemon design-style seemed too tropical really. ;( Like everything felt like it belonged in the wild and I feel like these games will be more cultural rather than tropical, so something like gen 1 or gen 2 designs would make more sense (not discounting the clones tho).
Considering Hoenn was a tropical region, it made sense that the Pokémon seemed tropical too. I liked the more natural and wild feeling of the Hoenn Pokémon though. Likely being set in Europe, I do hope that the Pokémon reflect the different animals and species most commonly found in France and other European countries. But I'd also like to see some of them reflect the rich cultures and mythologies of Europe too. For instance, Pokémon being based off of some of the Greek Gods, that would be pretty cool in my opinion.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
Forever
let it go

Maybe as a result it'll concentrate more on man-made stuff, kind of like Golurk -seems- man-made given that it's a more cultural and ya.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:14 AM
Community Supporter

That might be, after all Unova's felt quite artificial with Zekrom, Gorluk, Scraggy, Vanilite and Trubish however that region was a city after all. On the other hand Johto's were less artificial but still had some Royal like figures such as Slowking but Kyoto was the former capital of Japan during the imperial era. Kanto's artificialness can be linked to Tokyo (saffron) the largest or so city in the world. So I'm expecting cultural, the grass starter looks like it has a crown, while there's a frog things related to France, oh and Xerneas is majestic, and the fox is sassy which also make me think of france so I expect the new pokémon to be more like them.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:00 AM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

Nature: Adamant
I honestly think we need more unique animals. Why in the name of Arceus don't we have a koala or something totally different from before?
-Vladimir Lenin
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:12 AM
ClumzyTrainR13
Storm Caster

What I really want is a Water and Electric Pokemon. The only one that's been created so far is Lanturn, and he was really lame and was one of those Pokemon that just faded into the distance. What about a storm based Pokemon, like the combination of rain and thunder? Not, of course, to copy off of Thundurus, but something new? I mean how awesome would that be?

Black 2 FC:
4256-2299-8658

Old February 3rd, 2013, 07:18 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClumzyTrainR13 View Post
What I really want is a Water and Electric Pokemon. The only one that's been created so far is Lanturn, and he was really lame and was one of those Pokemon that just faded into the distance. What about a storm based Pokemon, like the combination of rain and thunder? Not, of course, to copy off of Thundurus, but something new? I mean how awesome would that be?
Well... actually a thunder cloud in general would be seriously awesome. Just imagine everything it'd do. Sure it's unoriginal but DAYM a thunder cloud could look really nice (and really strongggg).
Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:38 PM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

I'd like to see a new Pokemon with Wonder Guard. Maybe same base stats as Shedinja but 90 in special attack? I dunno I just think it'd be kinda cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Well... actually a thunder cloud in general would be seriously awesome. Just imagine everything it'd do. Sure it's unoriginal but DAYM a thunder cloud could look really nice (and really strongggg).
Thing would probably be able to learn Hurricane too.

Rain Dance
Surf/Hydro Pump
Thunder
Hurricane.

That'd be sick.

Last edited by Schwan; February 3rd, 2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:45 PM
Mortalis
ѕĸyвorɴe.
Community Supporter

Hoping for a Naked Mole Rat Pokemon.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:50 PM
Community Supporter

Maybe the regional regional rodent will be a naked mole rat.
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Maybe the regional regional rodent will be a naked mole rat.
I think a meerkat would be more likely.
Old February 8th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digimon Kaiser View Post
I think a meerkat would be more likely.
Petrat and Watchog could be considered somewhat of a meerkat already. A Naked Mole Rat Pokémon wouldn't be so bad. I'd probably nickname it Rufus.

I hope someone gets that reference.
Old February 8th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Petrat and Watchog could be considered somewhat of a meerkat already. A Naked Mole Rat Pokémon wouldn't be so bad. I'd probably nickname it Rufus.

I hope someone gets that reference.
Me too, that's what I would name mine if there was one, that or Ron.

Maybe we will have a pokemon based on a bishop/hierophant since we already have king, Queen, and Knight, Pawn (Pawniard), and Rook (Bastiodon) based pokemon so only one piece left until we can get a complete chess team.
Old February 8th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Do we have a zombie-like Pokemon already? If not, that'd be an interesting concept, albeit slightly disturbing....

And no, not counting Ghost Pokemon. XD
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:26 PM
smurf
Veteran Trainer

I think it would be kool to have a goat pokemon or a ram
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf View Post
I think it would be kool to have a goat pokemon or a ram
It'll be cool with we had a group of pokemon based on the Western Zodiac.
Old February 8th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Do we have a zombie-like Pokemon already? If not, that'd be an interesting concept, albeit slightly disturbing....

And no, not counting Ghost Pokemon. XD
We don't have an actual zombie Pokemon, but we do have Parasect, who is technically zombified by its large mushroom. I would like the zombie Pokemon's design to be similar to the buried alive model from the Lavender Town Syndrome story.
Old February 8th, 2013, 08:56 PM
smurf
Veteran Trainer

Quote:
It'll be cool with we had a group of pokemon based on the Western Zodiac.
That would be an awsome idea i think personally
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Also, more kinds of whale Pokemon! Don't leave it at just Wailord!
Old February 8th, 2013, 11:31 PM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

Nature: Calm
I would live to see a lion based fire type( not entei looking)
A water/ psychic dolphin also a new pokemon that has eevee type evols a normal type that evolves different depending on stone . Don't get me wrong i love eeveloutions like the rest but it would be cool if another pokemon was able to do it

Safari Grass: PanSage - Maractus - Sawsbuck
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links