The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #226    
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:16 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Xander's right, it would be more of a Johto clone...unless one considers B2W2 ("Gen V.5") as the Johto to Unova, if so than it'll be the new Hoenn...which dropped all previous mons, added Natures, two baby Pokémon, rebooted the ev system, added IV's,etc. In terms of mons I'm hoping it's more like Johto though. I wouldn't mind 7 Unova babies.
__________________
Team Treecko
Reply With Quote
  #227    
Old February 3rd, 2013, 02:27 AM
Sabrewulf238's Avatar
Sabrewulf238
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
They're really coming out of the woodwork now.



It's likely fake....or at least it looks less believable than the previous one.

The eyeball guy looks like he could be Fire/Poison or Fire/Dark though. I like it more than the other two.
__________________
Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
Send me a pm if you add me.

Last edited by Sabrewulf238; February 3rd, 2013 at 02:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #228    
Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:21 AM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Xander's right, it would be more of a Johto clone...unless one considers B2W2 ("Gen V.5") as the Johto to Unova, if so than it'll be the new Hoenn...which dropped all previous mons, added Natures, two baby Pokémon, rebooted the ev system, added IV's,etc. In terms of mons I'm hoping it's more like Johto though. I wouldn't mind 7 Unova babies.
Yeah I considered B2W2 the Johto version :x I mean it just REMINDED me of Johto tbh. But ya idm if it's like Johto because Johto design-wise was cartoonish imo, and if that's the case these games will follow the same suit, and it already seems to be the case from the starters at least.
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #229    
Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:38 AM
Guy's Avatar
Guy
just a guy
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
They're really coming out of the woodwork now.

Spoiler:


It's likely fake....or at least it looks less believable than the previous one.

The eyeball guy looks like he could be Fire/Poison or Fire/Dark though. I like it more than the other two.
You can tell by the style of the artwork alone that this is a fake, BUT, I do love the design of the Dinosaur Pokémon at the top.

Anyway, even though Black and White were like the Kanto of the series and a lot of the new Pokémon felt inspired from the first generation, I hope they don't continue to use that as a way to rebuild the franchise. I'd like to see more of their creative juices flowing and seeing this generation get inspiration from the location of the world it is based off of. Use animals and species that they haven't yet used rather than try and reiterate what's already been done.

If they're trying to "evolve the world of Pokémon" as they put it, then keeping it fresh would be the way to go. Then again, if we had to decide on which past series of games this would be, then I'd go with Hoenn myself ─ which could have also been seen as a step of evolution for the world of Pokémon back then.
Reply With Quote
  #230    
Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:58 AM
Hoenn's Avatar
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I'm liking these fan arts even if they are fake, it's something to look at whilst there is no news circulating. As you've stated above you can tell by the battle scenes that they are fake but nonetheless I'm really liking the designs of these.
__________________



Team αlpha
Reply With Quote
  #231    
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
You can tell by the style of the artwork alone that this is a fake, BUT, I do love the design of the Dinosaur Pokémon at the top.

Anyway, even though Black and White were like the Kanto of the series and a lot of the new Pokémon felt inspired from the first generation, I hope they don't continue to use that as a way to rebuild the franchise. I'd like to see more of their creative juices flowing and seeing this generation get inspiration from the location of the world it is based off of. Use animals and species that they haven't yet used rather than try and reiterate what's already been done.

If they're trying to "evolve the world of Pokémon" as they put it, then keeping it fresh would be the way to go. Then again, if we had to decide on which past series of games this would be, then I'd go with Hoenn myself ─ which could have also been seen as a step of evolution for the world of Pokémon back then.
Hoenn Pokemon design-style seemed too tropical really. ;( Like everything felt like it belonged in the wild and I feel like these games will be more cultural rather than tropical, so something like gen 1 or gen 2 designs would make more sense (not discounting the clones tho).
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #232    
Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:31 AM
Guy's Avatar
Guy
just a guy
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Hoenn Pokemon design-style seemed too tropical really. ;( Like everything felt like it belonged in the wild and I feel like these games will be more cultural rather than tropical, so something like gen 1 or gen 2 designs would make more sense (not discounting the clones tho).
Considering Hoenn was a tropical region, it made sense that the Pokémon seemed tropical too. I liked the more natural and wild feeling of the Hoenn Pokémon though. Likely being set in Europe, I do hope that the Pokémon reflect the different animals and species most commonly found in France and other European countries. But I'd also like to see some of them reflect the rich cultures and mythologies of Europe too. For instance, Pokémon being based off of some of the Greek Gods, that would be pretty cool in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #233    
Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Maybe as a result it'll concentrate more on man-made stuff, kind of like Golurk -seems- man-made given that it's a more cultural and ya.
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #234    
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:14 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
That might be, after all Unova's felt quite artificial with Zekrom, Gorluk, Scraggy, Vanilite and Trubish however that region was a city after all. On the other hand Johto's were less artificial but still had some Royal like figures such as Slowking but Kyoto was the former capital of Japan during the imperial era. Kanto's artificialness can be linked to Tokyo (saffron) the largest or so city in the world. So I'm expecting cultural, the grass starter looks like it has a crown, while there's a frog things related to France, oh and Xerneas is majestic, and the fox is sassy which also make me think of france so I expect the new pokémon to be more like them.
__________________
Team Treecko
Reply With Quote
  #235    
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:00 AM
Digimon Kaiser's Avatar
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Digital World
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
I honestly think we need more unique animals. Why in the name of Arceus don't we have a koala or something totally different from before?
__________________
"A lie told often enough becomes the truth."
"The most important thing when ill is to never lose heart."
"Sometimes - history needs a push."
-Vladimir Lenin
Reply With Quote
  #236    
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:12 AM
ClumzyTrainR13's Avatar
ClumzyTrainR13
Storm Caster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PST Time Zone
Gender: Male
What I really want is a Water and Electric Pokemon. The only one that's been created so far is Lanturn, and he was really lame and was one of those Pokemon that just faded into the distance. What about a storm based Pokemon, like the combination of rain and thunder? Not, of course, to copy off of Thundurus, but something new? I mean how awesome would that be?
__________________


Black 2 FC:
4256-2299-8658

Reply With Quote
  #237    
Old February 3rd, 2013, 07:18 PM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClumzyTrainR13 View Post
What I really want is a Water and Electric Pokemon. The only one that's been created so far is Lanturn, and he was really lame and was one of those Pokemon that just faded into the distance. What about a storm based Pokemon, like the combination of rain and thunder? Not, of course, to copy off of Thundurus, but something new? I mean how awesome would that be?
Well... actually a thunder cloud in general would be seriously awesome. Just imagine everything it'd do. Sure it's unoriginal but DAYM a thunder cloud could look really nice (and really strongggg).
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #238    
Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:38 PM
Schwan's Avatar
Schwan
Frontier Brain
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: University Campus!
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I'd like to see a new Pokemon with Wonder Guard. Maybe same base stats as Shedinja but 90 in special attack? I dunno I just think it'd be kinda cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Well... actually a thunder cloud in general would be seriously awesome. Just imagine everything it'd do. Sure it's unoriginal but DAYM a thunder cloud could look really nice (and really strongggg).
Thing would probably be able to learn Hurricane too.

Rain Dance
Surf/Hydro Pump
Thunder
Hurricane.

That'd be sick.

Last edited by Schwan; February 3rd, 2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #239    
Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:45 PM
Mortalis's Avatar
Mortalis
ѕĸyвorɴe.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Hoping for a Naked Mole Rat Pokemon.
Reply With Quote
  #240    
Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:50 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Maybe the regional regional rodent will be a naked mole rat.
__________________
Team Treecko
Reply With Quote
  #241    
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Digimon Kaiser's Avatar
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Digital World
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Maybe the regional regional rodent will be a naked mole rat.
I think a meerkat would be more likely.
Reply With Quote
  #242    
Old February 8th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Guy's Avatar
Guy
just a guy
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digimon Kaiser View Post
I think a meerkat would be more likely.
Petrat and Watchog could be considered somewhat of a meerkat already. A Naked Mole Rat Pokémon wouldn't be so bad. I'd probably nickname it Rufus.

I hope someone gets that reference.
Reply With Quote
  #243    
Old February 8th, 2013, 04:21 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Petrat and Watchog could be considered somewhat of a meerkat already. A Naked Mole Rat Pokémon wouldn't be so bad. I'd probably nickname it Rufus.

I hope someone gets that reference.
Me too, that's what I would name mine if there was one, that or Ron.

Maybe we will have a pokemon based on a bishop/hierophant since we already have king, Queen, and Knight, Pawn (Pawniard), and Rook (Bastiodon) based pokemon so only one piece left until we can get a complete chess team.
__________________
Team Treecko
Reply With Quote
  #244    
Old February 8th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Do we have a zombie-like Pokemon already? If not, that'd be an interesting concept, albeit slightly disturbing....

And no, not counting Ghost Pokemon. XD
Reply With Quote
  #245    
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:26 PM
smurf's Avatar
smurf
Veteran Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
I think it would be kool to have a goat pokemon or a ram
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #246    
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:46 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf View Post
I think it would be kool to have a goat pokemon or a ram
It'll be cool with we had a group of pokemon based on the Western Zodiac.
__________________
Team Treecko
Reply With Quote
  #247    
Old February 8th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Do we have a zombie-like Pokemon already? If not, that'd be an interesting concept, albeit slightly disturbing....

And no, not counting Ghost Pokemon. XD
We don't have an actual zombie Pokemon, but we do have Parasect, who is technically zombified by its large mushroom. I would like the zombie Pokemon's design to be similar to the buried alive model from the Lavender Town Syndrome story.
__________________
You better need a Leaf Shield.
Reply With Quote
  #248    
Old February 8th, 2013, 08:56 PM
smurf's Avatar
smurf
Veteran Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
It'll be cool with we had a group of pokemon based on the Western Zodiac.
That would be an awsome idea i think personally
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #249    
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Also, more kinds of whale Pokemon! Don't leave it at just Wailord!
Reply With Quote
  #250    
Old February 8th, 2013, 11:31 PM
jfuze174's Avatar
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Castelia City
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
I would live to see a lion based fire type( not entei looking)
A water/ psychic dolphin also a new pokemon that has eevee type evols a normal type that evolves different depending on stone . Don't get me wrong i love eeveloutions like the rest but it would be cool if another pokemon was able to do it
__________________


Safari Grass: PanSage - Maractus - Sawsbuck
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.