The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 3rd, 2013, 02:17 AM
Jim Boob
Freelance Mapper

Send a message via Skype™ to Jim Boob
25 seconds of waiting and no viruses as long as you don't go full retard and click a advert.

Very good program, thanks for sharing it.
Old February 4th, 2013, 06:21 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Nature: Quiet
This is nice it was recommended to me before great job

Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:51 AM
RRC
Unhatched Egg

Any news on the Battle Tower? What features are there going to be? I'm super excited! :D
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:42 PM
xecherd
Unhatched Egg

My footprint editor and my XSE wont open can someone tell me whats wrong
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:43 PM
JackknifedJuggernaut
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
Not for updates... There is nothing against the rules by using file hosts on this site. This is not an issue for which I will get in trouble and this site or anyone else for that matter have any right to dictate how I release updates. People keep complaining and no one realizes that I have no obligation to do any of this for you guys. So I'm done updating this tool. If you people want tools make them yourselves.

Go ahead cause if you think there is some earning when downloads only accumulate a few dollars and hosting is a couple hundred then your math skills are horrible. Never threaten me, ever.
Couple of hundred dollars to host on a free hosting website. Nice try.
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosehudson View Post
Great tutorial, though I'm haveing one recurring problem.

Everything works great, I get my item image, name and price working and in place, and the index number (I think I even got my new evolutionary stones working though I've not tested this yet due to being between 3 computers) however, when I change my description pointer it seems to work fine but the first ?????? and masterballs names get changed to parts of my new description.

When I reload my game (in either version of item edtor) it brings up a 308 error and crashes meaning I can't add the rest of my item descriptions, I haven't had chance to test if the first ?????? and masterball work properly in-game yet due to a-mart not working on this computer.

Any ideas on fixing this?

EDIT: solved my probelm, it would seem Item Editor doesn't support repointing descriptions on ????? items as changing to item manager resolved the issue.
Found this post in another thread, it is in fact a bug I also came across when using the Item Editor included with PGE. Could it be fixed in a future update? Thanks.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Agastya
Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
This is possibly one of the greatest tools of all time and it is people like you that can't keep their mouths shut, and just say thank you to this awesome team who has spent countless hour attempting to create the perfect hacking tool, that ruin it for the rest of us.
what does this tool do that a sane folder structure cannot do? edit physical/special move status? i can do that with a nightmare table. or a hex editor.

i used it once and was not impressed, and after closing it i got an internet explorer error involving connecting to facebook.

i mean i guess it's nice and all but it's not really needed????

also i thought pc didn't like it when others rehost links to tools other people post? isn't this basically just a gigantic mesh of rehosted tools?...

you should probably relax dude. it's a pokemon hacking forum.
Old February 10th, 2013, 03:21 AM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Is the Battle Frontier Editor not working for me only, or a few other people? Can somebody please tell me how to get it to work if it does for them? (I have NET Framework 5.0)
Old February 11th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Today I was thinking about changing my mind, got on, and saw these posts. This made me realize that I am in fact making the right decision. HackMew was right... I am now leaving as he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agastya View Post
what does this tool do that a sane folder structure cannot do? edit physical/special move status? i can do that with a nightmare table. or a hex editor.

i used it once and was not impressed, and after closing it i got an internet explorer error involving connecting to facebook.

i mean i guess it's nice and all but it's not really needed????

also i thought pc didn't like it when others rehost links to tools other people post? isn't this basically just a gigantic mesh of rehosted tools?...

you should probably relax dude. it's a pokemon hacking forum.
PGE has it's own internal tools you can't get anywhere else and it downloads other people's tools from their websites for what it doesn't do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackknifedJuggernaut View Post
Couple of hundred dollars to host on a free hosting website. Nice try.
The web server where 0xrh is hosted that the tool uses to update is not free. The only reason the download to the installer is on a free hosting site is because that is what people said they wanted me to do. I now see it as pointless because people are complaining any.

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

If you want a successor to PGE then download this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

This site likes to keep things quiet and buries things. Over the years I have seen many injustices on this website to members of the ROM hacking community. Some where even very important people in the community that are now gone. If you want a website where you will be treated fairly and you can voice your opinion while learning more about ROM hacking then please join the following website.
http://pokemonhackersonline.com/

Last edited by Gamer2020; February 11th, 2013 at 07:37 AM.
Old February 18th, 2013, 04:36 AM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Oh hey! I discovered something about the Pokemon Editor! There is a Jambo51 evolution mode but there is a password, does anyone know the password?
Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:07 AM
ArthurWaine
Unhatched Egg

I'm really, really sorry to see you leaving, Gamer 2020. Don't let a couple of jerkfaces get you down man, the game editor is a really nice tool that I've been using for almost a year, and its a really nice collection of good stuff. Just wanted to say thanks, because the only thing most people here seem to be able to do is b*tch and whine about... nothing really. Let them be, be the bigger man (woman?) etc.
Your contributions to ROM hacking have been amazing. Thank you.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:47 AM
rupert2133
Unhatched Egg

can anyone help me?

after i used the script generator and get the offset, the script doesnt work i think because when i talk to that person who has that script it freezes the game.. please help?
Old March 26th, 2013, 04:56 PM
LazerBoyEXE
{The Amazing Dimensional Flux}

Nature: Naughty
When I open the Pokemon Editor, it does the "Unhandled Exception" error. And help? ):

They may not win every WiFi battle, but I still love who they are! (:
Old March 27th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerBoyEXE View Post
When I open the Pokemon Editor, it does the "Unhandled Exception" error. And help? ):
What game are you trying to open? PM me for further assistance.

Someone lock this thread please. I'm planning a rerelease.

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip

If you want a successor to PGE then download this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

This site likes to keep things quiet and buries things. Over the years I have seen many injustices on this website to members of the ROM hacking community. Some where even very important people in the community that are now gone. If you want a website where you will be treated fairly and you can voice your opinion while learning more about ROM hacking then please join the following website.
http://pokemonhackersonline.com/
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:19 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Thread closed at owner's request.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links