The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 8th, 2013, 03:19 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
No guarantee we'll get any big news. Keep that in mind so everyone doesn't get thier hopes up like the trolls in ZephyrSonic's streams when no news is made when no one said there would be.
True, I'll be fine if it's just a little bit like hints at the new pokemon in the movie or something like that, even just the region name i'll be fine with.
Old February 8th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I know I'd just about be fine with anything at this point since we've been without information for quite a while. XD
Old February 8th, 2013, 04:17 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I know I'd just about be fine with anything at this point since we've been without information for quite a while. XD
Yeah as of today it's been exactly 31 days since XY were announced and we haven't had much news apart from the trailer and Corocoro which mentioned the Mascot's names and some other biological data on them.
Old February 8th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

After this announcement(if there's an announcement), I'm going to be focused on the designs of the rest of the Gen VI Pokemon. n__n It'll be quite a while, but it'd be interesting to see what they look like and their types.

Last edited by Zorua; February 8th, 2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Victini

I actually haven't been expecting news for one... Afterall, the games don't have a release until October.

If I remember correctly, we didn't receive too much notifying news on B&W after they were announced until like... summer. .w.;
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:45 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
Well, we're expecting Corocoro leaks pretty soon~
Old February 9th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
I don't think we'll get coro coro before Smash. I expect SOMETHING this time around.
Old February 9th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Yeah, CoroCoro at best will be from Monday onwards. Thing hasn't properly leaked on the 10th for years now, the entire debacle of September 2010 kinda killed things. If Pokemon Smash does have anything, even if its a silhouette, at least that counts for something.
Old February 9th, 2013, 02:58 AM
LazerBlazer22
Unhatched Egg

Hey Guys hope you don't mind be joining but i was wondering which game and which starter are you guys taking, and if you guys wanted to do some trades later on, when it comes out.

best_friends_4ever_by_sugarbearkitty-d32riur.jpg

th.jpg
Thx guys! :-)!
Old February 9th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Hoenn
Asylum
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I've already decided that I'll be getting X and choosing Fennekin, the only thing that's likely to change my mind is the Version exclusives and/or the Fennekin evolutionary line.

Old February 9th, 2013, 06:14 AM
gypsy4343435
Unhatched Egg

I am gonna chose Froakie
Old February 9th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Starry Windy
Cute, yet Strong!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I might choose Fennekin because I like it.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Still Windvisible atm 'cos I'm still working on a better health.
Old February 9th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Synerjee
the oncoming storm.

Fennekin ALL the way!!! xD I'll be sure to try out Froakie and Chespin as well, as they both seem to be looking GREAT. <3 I'm hoping Chespin to be an offensive Grass-type~

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old February 9th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Going for Chespin, mostly because I've always picked grass-types! These games should be no different. n_n;
Old February 9th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerBlazer22 View Post
Hey Guys hope you don't mind be joining but i was wondering which game and which starter are you guys taking, and if you guys wanted to do some trades later on, when it comes out.
!
I think a cursive review of my appearance will answer that question, so I'll leave it at that.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old February 9th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Also guys, I don't know if this has been brought up before(from the way it seems, just about almost every single topic has been covered haha), but I'd love to see the kind of new items that they have in this game!

What items are you all looking forward to seeing/hopeful to see?
Old February 9th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Also guys, I don't know if this has been brought up before(from the way it seems, just about almost every single topic has been covered haha), but I'd love to see the kind of new items that they have in this game!

What items are you all looking forward to seeing/hopeful to see?
I want to know about the "God Stone" that they abandoned. I always wanted my character to become a deity.

[/joke]

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old February 9th, 2013, 07:54 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
Nt evry1 knws braille, bt i knw to read braille, just sayin that for those who dont knw braille and luking for hint on internet, it ruins pkmn hunting...

@miss doronjo

european language?
No i dun think so..
What about Generation 2's Unown puzzles? But then again, every diehard Pokémon fan knows which Unown is which, and they're pretty easy to figure out once you look at them for a while, anyway…

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
What about Generation 2's Unown puzzles? But then again, every diehard Pokémon fan knows which Unown is which, and they're pretty easy to figure out once you look at them for a while, anyway…
This is debatable. Some are trickier. But I've always wanted to see Staples use them:

Come to think of it, Wheel of Fortune would be fun with them.

Cyclone

Old February 9th, 2013, 08:15 AM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmasteraaron View Post
Oh vapes, you didn't just go there. I'm only half joking.
I take offense to that. I'm not joking about that. I am hurt, but more than anything, I think you are misinformed.
Pokémon is actually a popular game for the visually empared to play, because of it's reasonable accessibility.
I've beaten Pokémon Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Firered, Emerald, Diamond, Platenum, Soul Silver, White, and White2. I only have 3 videos on my YouTube channel of me playing Pokémon, and that is volt white.
However, this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/genuinescorruption is a friend of mine and he has posted some gameplay of him playing through some Pokémon games.
I realize that you have never heard of such a thing before, but if you have any questions, we can talk on skype or via pm or vm, the speculation isn't the place to talk about this.
I agree with pokémonmasteraaron in that you're being prejudiced when you asked him how he could ever play Pokémon games without proper eyesight, vaporeon7. As long as pokémonmasteraaron can memorize the layout of each major menu, battle, overworld, and cave scene after having it described to him by someone who can see, I'm sure he would be able to play his games just fine. Video games are the great equalizer; look at me: I'm legally blind with vision between about 20:150 and 20:160, and I can still see well enough to play most games. Mind you, I have to hold a system pretty close to my face in order to see everything properly and, in some games, wish that I could temporarily invert the colors shown on the screen to make low-contrast text easier to read, but I can generally manage by tweaking the angle at which the light hits the screen. That may be slightly harder to do with the modern, backlit screens of my original Nintendo DS and original NIntendo 3DS than it was and still is on my original Game Boy Advance, but games are generally easier to play with an internal light source.

Quote:
This, though I'm starting to doubt a PBR-like spin-off would ever occur. x_x;
Yeah, I'm more optimistic about a Coliseum-type spin-off in which the battle menus are moved down to the Game Pad like they were moved down to the Nintendo DS's Touch Screen in Generation IV and the battling style resembles Generation VI's more than it does Coliseum's (that game, especially its battle sequences, takes forever! Seriously!?!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
With Gen 6 being in 3D and having its own Random Battle Match-up. What would be the point in making a new Stadium like game. Most likely they'd not have any Mini games to play, like how PBR was. And having a console story based RPG like Colosseum seems a waste now that we can take the same up to date graphics with us in our pockets/backpack/purses since they will have stories too.

We may have ended the home console Pokemon games in Gen 4 with PBR. Random match up seems to be the main reason why Gen 5 didn't get a stadium like game.

IMO Gen 6 seems to have surpassed the need for stadiums...Pokemon X and Pokemon Y could have built in Stadium like settings too.
Maybe X and Y could stream local tournaments to Wii Us for display on HDTYs if it and the 3DS have enough horsepower to handle something like this? The Game Cube was able to move video streams of Ruby and Sapphire up on to a standard-definition TV via a link cable in the Pokémon Box game, so I don't see why it couldn't be done wirelessly these days, especially since it's been two hardware generations and the Wii U handles the Game Pad's graphics over WiFi and/or Bluetooth at the same time as its processing the normal A/V stream.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; February 9th, 2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 9th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Just a reminder to everyone, Pokémon Smash will be starting in 5 hours starting from now. It's 4:00am where I am right now. We should watch it, just to see which old Eeveelution costumes the guy will be wearing. And who knows? They might reveal a silhouette of the new Eeveelution. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
Yeah, I'm more optimistic about a Coliseum-type spin-off in which the battle menus are moved down to the Game Pad like they were moved down to the Nintendo DS's Touch Screen in Generation IV and the battling style resembles Generation VI's more than it does Coliseum's (that game, especially its battle sequences, takes forever! Seriously!?!)
Hm... as far as I know... we have only had spin-offs that had 3D battling on the home consoles only during the days of when all the battles were two-dimensional on the handheld device. The last spin-off for having battles on a home console was Pokémon Battle Revolution in Generation IV.

I can probably speculate as to why they don't want to have another game that has battles on a home console, I think it's because Generation V had opened up the 3D battling on the handheld devices, so which means Genius Sonority don't feel any need to make another Pokémon battling game on a home console. And now that Pokémon X and Y have been revealed, what's really the point? But I also do feel that there really should be a Pokémon battling game on the Wii U, and if they ever do develop one... they have to make an adventure for it, like Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 9th, 2013, 09:05 AM
samiulrules
Pokemon Champ

Send a message via Skype™ to samiulrules
It's awesome that gen 6 is coming out, but I don't think people are ready to let go of gen 5 yet. Oh well better throw some more money at the screen.
Old February 9th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

You guys think the Vs. mugshots will return in XY? Will they be in 2D sprite forms like in Gen IV and V, in 2D artwork form like how it's done in Fire Emblem Awakening, or in 3D models?
Old February 9th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Just a reminder to everyone, Pokémon Smash will be starting in 5 hours starting from now. It's 4:00am where I am right now. We should watch it, just to see which old Eeveelution costumes the guy will be wearing. And who knows? They might reveal a silhouette of the new Eeveelution.
I want to remind you...no one has confirmed there is a new Eeveelution coming. Don't talk about it as though it's guaranteed that a new Eeveelution is coming. You're only setting yourself up for possible disappointment.

Cyclone

Old February 9th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
You guys think the Vs. mugshots will return in XY? Will they be in 2D sprite forms like in Gen IV and V, in 2D artwork form like how it's done in Fire Emblem Awakening, or in 3D models?
Ooh interesting thought! I personally think they'll have it like Colloseum, which honestly will be AMAZING because they were--omggg, I want this so badly. :( It had the best vs scenes!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here