The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 9th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Umchu
Unhatched Egg

Okay so I bought some Pokemon cards today and one card really sticked out, I don't know if it is false, if it is I can't see it or feel it, and it looks real. But I don't know, is it worth anything if it is real? or should I throw it away? xD As you can see it isn't Omanyte on the 'evolves from' picture
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png‎ (541.7 KB, 42 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png 2.png‎ (535.5 KB, 19 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:29 AM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Wow! Well, even if it is fake, I think you might keep it, for novelty value and just because you bought it.
I'm afraid I'm not able to provide much assistance, but I did look up Bulbapedia's Error Cards page and I couldn't find Omastar on there. Is this Omastar card fairly new? (How long would it have taken for somebody else to notice, in the hypothetical case that all Omastar cards contain that error?) Because if it somewhat recent, there's a chance that it hasn't been added onto the Error Cards page yet. I also couldn't find Omastar on the error and misprint list on a site called Pojo (which I have never heard of before, but it came up on Google).

HOWEVER, in case you haven't seen it yet, I found this! (Unless that's you on DeviantArt. Hehe.) So, somebody else has noticed!

Anyways, I apologize that I'm not really able to help much! All the information I have (which is very little, anyway) I found via a couple quick searches on Google. But I wish you luck!
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Left 4 good

The card is 100% fake, unfortunaly, yes if everything but the evolution sign was there then it'd probably be rare, but I've never heard of a Omastar misprint, and yeh.

That text is a REALLY popular faked card text, I've seen it loads, Idk why whoever made them didn't copy text... Also, 110 HP seems a little high for Omastar, I may be wrong, anywho, sorry man.
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:44 AM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Yahoo to KKN
It is definitely fake. I've seen lots of cards like this at dollar stores. Sometimes they come in realistic-looking booster packs, but they also come in blatantly obvious fake boxes. The fonts are clearly wrong and there is far too much space between the HP digits. The back of the card is a bit too saturated, giving it more of a purple look. The back probably isn't as glossy as the front of the card and, as you tilt it in the light, the black parts probably reflect more light than the rest of the ink. If you hold it up to a light source, you'll be able to see through the card, which is one of the most well-known ways to tell if a card is counterfeit.

I have a holographic Slowbro card with over 400 HP, a Rhydon that evolves from Hippopotas, and a Zapdos named Zapdops. They aren't worth anything, but I keep them for LOLs.

As far as I know, the only OFFICIAL card to have had the wrong evolution icon was Base Set Wartortle (had a picture of itself in the evo box).

Ice-type Trainer & Dunsparce Fanatic | 3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200
Karite-Kita-Neko @deviantARTKjKun Neko @GPXPlus
Old February 9th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Umchu
Unhatched Egg

Thank you for you're replys, I guess it is a false card, but I'm glad the other cards in the same pale isn't false.
But I guess I will keep it just for fun
Old February 9th, 2013, 09:44 AM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Yahoo to KKN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umchu View Post
Thank you for you're replys, I guess it is a false card, but I'm glad the other cards in the same pale isn't false.
But I guess I will keep it just for fun
Even if the other cards don't have this particular error, it's still likely that they're fake. Skim the cards over for typos or do the light test to make sure.

Ice-type Trainer & Dunsparce Fanatic | 3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200
Karite-Kita-Neko @deviantARTKjKun Neko @GPXPlus
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Renpuu
Gengar !

Yep. This card is a fake. It looks funny though, it's up to you if you wish to keep it.
Did you buy them from a seller from a store ? Online Purchase ?
Old February 9th, 2013, 11:20 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I'd definitely check the others to see if they're fake, as they probably are, like Akiyuki Aretukasu said above.

Although the light test isn't our most accurate test anymore because the fakes have gotten thicker.
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Thecardlunatic
Unhatched Egg

Yeah like others have said if this was from a pack then the others will be fake too however if these were like bought as a bundle from a seller or something then your others may not be and it could have slipped in there when the previous owner had them. Defo check the others bro
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:28 AM
ShinyBidoof
Unhatched Egg

Probably fake, but still cool haha
Old March 6th, 2013, 05:45 PM
google123
google123

Nature: Calm
okay put it this way,

new out of a booster pack or theme deck: REAL

bought out of some random guy(used):FAKE
Old March 6th, 2013, 05:53 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by google123 View Post
okay put it this way,

new out of a booster pack or theme deck: REAL

bought out of some random guy(used):FAKE
Not necessarily. There are many instances where just the opposite is true.

It all depends on where you buy and on you knowing what legitimate product looks like.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links