• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2021
I agree with littlebigkaid

i hope that they add new evolutions of Eevee :D

More, more, more evolutions of eevee XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I just hope it doesn't end up being all types in regards to Eevee evolutions. :x That'll be going a little TOO far...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Would it now, it is the evolution pokemon after all so it'll make sense if it can evolve to one of every type. I like to think of Eevee as the Arceus of Evolutions (goes from Normal to all types only by evolution not by using plates).

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2014
Eeveelutions

So we had no new eeveelutions in Hoenn or Unova, but do you think we should have some new members of the family in X and Y? And if so, what type and appearance would they have?

I'd like to see a flying type the resembles a cloud in some way, or maybe even a fighting type, but I can't really think of how it would look :P

Your thoughts?

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Fighting type would propably be awkward, seeing as it still has to be an 4 legged creature. And there aren't that many, if not none, 4 legged fighting ones out there.... A ghost type would be awesome..

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
If Eevee turned into a flying cloud pokemon, I can only picture Altaria but with a differn't face, though a dragon type would be cool but it'd have to be relatively small and look cool, but yeh a fighting type if anything would be the most expected.

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2014
RE

Ooh a ghost, yeah that would be cool. With the flying type thing I was thinking of it not necessarily having wings, but being very light so it can be pushed by wind easily (like jigglypuff and jumpluff) It would still be a dog thingy :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Would it now, it is the evolution pokemon after all so it'll make sense if it can evolve to one of every type. I like to think of Eevee as the Arceus of Evolutions (goes from Normal to all types only by evolution not by using plates).

But if it did that in one generation that'd be kind of crazy, tho. Leaving it at one or two would be fine but I think with all the talk of evolutions of the evolutions it should just not go too far. :(

Guy

just a guy
Years
But if it did that in one generation that'd be kind of crazy, tho. Leaving it at one or two would be fine but I think with all the talk of evolutions of the evolutions it should just not go too far. :(
Even though I think Eevee getting an evolution for every type is a bit much, I'm not totally against the idea. Perhaps it's because of all the beautiful fanart that makes me see it in such a positive light, but I wouldn't mind. Except, it would have to be spread out. Keeping it to one or two new Eeveelutions every other generation is a pretty good gap. To get too much all at one time would make it seem far more excessive than it actually is.

However, the thought of eeveelutions getting their own evolutions or even alternate forms? That's just pushing it.

Years
Oh no, I didn't mean all in one gen...that'll be pushing it.
Though if I had to pick I'll rather have them do the former special types only and have the already existing one's evolve...

Guy

just a guy
Years
Oh no, I didn't mean all in one gen...that'll be pushing it.
Though if I had to pick I'll rather have them do the former special types only and have the already existing one's evolve...
I believe "Dragon" is the only special type left, and they could still very well go down that route and stop there if they wanted to. However, to give the existing Eeveelutions their own evolutions would make them far too strong in my opinion. An increase in stats and pretty new evolutions aren't what I'd say they need right now either, not as much as a wider set of moves anyway.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i was just thinking about this and i think magikarp needs a different evolution. one that keeps him in his fish like state.

EDIT: oh, wait! that dex entry saying he was once stronger, he needs a pre evo!

Years
i think would like the mid evo of magikarp and gyarados,daramuka and darmatian
the evolution of sableye,malwile
pre evo of heatmor,thor,sawk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Nah. There's nothing that could really be weaker than Magikarp....Magi is actually supposed to be the weakest Pokemon of all, so having a pre-evo is kind of redundant(to me, that is~!).
Supposed to be the weakest though it has a higher bast stat total than Ralts, Wurmple, Weedle, Caterpie, Kricketot, Azuril and Sunkern. Sunkern is the weakest Pokemon by stat.

i think would like the mid evo of magikarp and gyarados,daramuka and darmatian
the evolution of sableye,malwile
pre evo of heatmor,thor,sawk

They won't add in between evolutions simply because it messes up the evolutionary lines already set, and have been set for years. That and they'd probably have to redistribute stats, which I don't see them ever doing until they introduce a new battle stat.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
Nah. There's nothing that could really be weaker than Magikarp....Magi is actually supposed to be the weakest Pokemon of all, so having a pre-evo is kind of redundant(to me, that is~!).

no, not a weaker one, a stronger one, i know it sounds kinda strange but the pokedex supports it.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
The thing about Dunsparce is that it's based on a legendary creature. It baffles me why they made it so weak.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Speaking of Sunkern I'll like to see a Grass/Fire evolution to Sunflora :)

While it'd definitely be good for Chlorophyll fast mon it's just so forgotten. idk if bringing it back now would really make sense given that out of all the Pokemon it's one of the least remembered, imo. But it would be strong so there is an advantage, I guess.

Years
While it'd definitely be good for Chlorophyll fast mon it's just so forgotten. idk if bringing it back now would really make sense given that out of all the Pokemon it's one of the least remembered, imo. But it would be strong so there is an advantage, I guess.
Uh who really Yanma, and Aipom back before gen IV? I'm guessing not many yet they got evolutions. Gf can make evolutions of any pokemon they chose no matter their typing, or if they're too weak or too strong (I don't think GF cares much about the tier system apart from legendary ubers)...as long as they have idea they'll proably use it.

Back