The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #401    
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Dragon/Steel as a typing would be a pretty interesting concept~! Weaknesses would be somewhat of a worry for Druddigon's possible evolution(what with being weak to Ground and Fighting, two common types in competitive), I can definitely see it being more lethal then, as long as it's stats aren't ridiculously off the charts. XD

At least that way it could possibly be used more since it would have a better type? I'd at least appreciate it being somewhat faster!
Reply With Quote
  #402    
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:30 PM
roosterman's Avatar
roosterman
Freaking annoying!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The moon
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
A Combee pre-evolution would be too weak, Combee is one of the weakest Pokémon as it is.

They wouldn't have to make a Druddigon evolution too powerful. Take a look at Scizor for example, it didn't get a higher BST after evolving, it just had it's stats changed around. They could do that if they wanted.
its not really for competitive play but more because it makes no sense that it starts out as 3 pokemon together. but they could make it learn some moves its evolutions can't learn. kind of like how wynaut seems kind of pointless until you notice that it learns encore which is a great move for wobbuffet to know.
__________________

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Reply With Quote
  #403    
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Dragon/Steel as a typing would be a pretty interesting concept~! Weaknesses would be somewhat of a worry for Druddigon's possible evolution(what with being weak to Ground and Fighting, two common types in competitive), I can definitely see it being more lethal then, as long as it's stats aren't ridiculously off the charts. XD

At least that way it could possibly be used more since it would have a better type? I'd at least appreciate it being somewhat faster!
n it wouldn't be used in OU imo. It seems like it'd stay in the lower tiers because in general I'm not sure why anyone would want to use a Druddigon evolution. ;(
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #404    
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterman View Post
its not really for competitive play but more because it makes no sense that it starts out as 3 pokemon together. but they could make it learn some moves its evolutions can't learn. kind of like how wynaut seems kind of pointless until you notice that it learns encore which is a great move for wobbuffet to know.
The point for Combee is more or less based on bees serving the queen of the hive, hence Vespiqueen(at least, I believe so). Wynaut and Wobbuffet are pretty much the same concept, different Pokemon for different tiers, with more or less the same moves.

Also, Encore isn't so much a great move anymore since it got nerfed in 5th gen from 6 turns to 3 turns(I think), so it's more or less kind of useless. :x

Quote:
n it wouldn't be used in OU imo. It seems like it'd stay in the lower tiers because in general I'm not sure why anyone would want to use a Druddigon evolution. ;(
Never said it would be OU. It'd best be safer in something like NU or RU, tbh.
Reply With Quote
  #405    
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Also, Encore isn't so much a great move anymore since it got nerfed in 5th gen from 6 turns to 3 turns(I think), so it's more or less kind of useless. :x

Never said it would be OU. It'd best be safer in something like NU or RU, tbh.
n I'd say UU, actually. Given that its child would be in RU (or possibly higher given it has Eviolite in this situation) I think it'd be higher given it'd most likely be more powerful~

Also Encore is still good: meet Liepard. ;)
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #406    
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:29 AM
MiTjA's Avatar
MiTjA
Poké-atheist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Slovenia
Age: 24
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
I wanna add to the Pinsir-evo discussion from last page.


Frankly, I don't think it's gonna happen...since they gave it a new bro in Heracross right away... And with Scyther gaining no stats with evolution, its much more like a forme than an evolution..except its one-way.
What I'm trying to say is, Scyther can still be regarded as an end-stage Pokemon. Its not like every other pre-evolution which you just wanna evolve. So Pinsir and Scyther are still meant to be "compared", if that's the right word.

But I wish Pinsir would get one anyway, because its new bro, Heracross has this unfair extra Fighting type, which basically makes it much closer to Scizor in usefulness, while Pinsir is barely ever used even though its stats are 500 total like the other two...

As for the type it would gain.
Steel? No, if they were to do that, it wuld have been with Metal Coat along Scizor.
Fighting? Eh, that would make it more like Heracross than is healthy.

Nope, what Pinsir already looks like it could gain is....the other very special type...that was introduced alongside Steel: Dark.


But lets get realistic. The best one could hope for Pinsir is to gain a Bug type Quick Attack move called Beetle Smack or something xDDDD
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #407    
Old February 7th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Platinum Lucario's Avatar
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
I wanna add to the Pinsir-evo discussion from last page.


Frankly, I don't think it's gonna happen...since they gave it a new bro in Heracross right away... And with Scyther gaining no stats with evolution, its much more like a forme than an evolution..except its one-way.
What I'm trying to say is, Scyther can still be regarded as an end-stage Pokemon. Its not like every other pre-evolution which you just wanna evolve. So Pinsir and Scyther are still meant to be "compared", if that's the right word.

But I wish Pinsir would get one anyway, because its new bro, Heracross has this unfair extra Fighting type, which basically makes it much closer to Scizor in usefulness, while Pinsir is barely ever used even though its stats are 500 total like the other two...

As for the type it would gain.
Steel? No, if they were to do that, it wuld have been with Metal Coat along Scizor.
Fighting? Eh, that would make it more like Heracross than is healthy.

Nope, what Pinsir already looks like it could gain is....the other very special type...that was introduced alongside Steel: Dark.


But lets get realistic. The best one could hope for Pinsir is to gain a Bug type Quick Attack move called Beetle Smack or something xDDDD
Actually, anything is possible! It doesn't have to always be traded with a Metal Coat that would turn a Pokémon into a Steel-type. Think of Leafeon for instance, it didn't evolve with a Leaf Stone, it evolved while leveling up next to a moss covered rock in every games prior to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. ;)

It would be cool to see a new evolution of Pinsir. And who knows? It could end up having wings and exoskeleton covering it's wings like the beetles found in real life, and would end up appearing in a similar form to Heracross, but much more metallic. :D
__________________
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Reply With Quote
  #408    
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
I want fighting. ;( Because then Pinsir can be the better Sawk of NU for a while! And that'll be v good imo. :3
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #409    
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
And yet I'm wondering whether or not this Pinsir evo would be too similar to Heracross or not. u___u Meaning idk whether it would be redundant/unnecessary....
Reply With Quote
  #410    
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
n they can be different. Like Gastrodon, Seismitoad and Quagsire are different. :)
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #411    
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Sirius's Avatar
Sirius
Wrong Thread.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Main wants - Flying/Fighting Farfetch'd evo, Shuckle evo, Dunsparce Evo, Stunfisk evo.

Simply because those pokemon have no real validity to them. Sure Shuckle can be a good wall, but he can't really do anything before Toxic finishes him off.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #412    
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
n they can be different. Like Gastrodon, Seismitoad and Quagsire are different. :)
You raise a good point here, but Pinsir is already a lot like Heracross, minus the fighting type. Maybe I'm just not seeing things right. I mean, they both have high attack power, high defensive power, and learn more or less the same moves, so.. u_u I guess I'm just questioning how an evo would really set it apart from Heracross.
Reply With Quote
  #413    
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
I sincerely hope the only evolution to a Gen 1 Pokemon to appear in Gen VI is the rumored Eeveelution, because I'm trying to add 8 Pokemon on my reorganized Kanto dex to make it 190, as what GF was originally going to include in the first game, and I'm using the cross-gen evos that added up to 182 (or 183 if we include the new Eeveelution).
__________________
Credit goes to grundo80 from imgur for the gif
Reply With Quote
  #414    
Old February 7th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
If we do get a new eeveelution(s), then I hope that these eveelution forms would be the last forms eevee gets for a while. x_x;; At least for the next generation, imo.
Reply With Quote
  #415    
Old February 7th, 2013, 10:07 PM
aegisrox's Avatar
aegisrox
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
I agree with littlebigkaid

i hope that they add new evolutions of Eevee :D

More, more, more evolutions of eevee XD
Reply With Quote
  #416    
Old February 7th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
I honestly hope they don't. Again, one or two more but that's really just about it. I just fear it might cross the line and become overkill. ._.
Reply With Quote
  #417    
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
I just hope it doesn't end up being all types in regards to Eevee evolutions. :x That'll be going a little TOO far...
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Reply With Quote
  #418    
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:51 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Would it now, it is the evolution pokemon after all so it'll make sense if it can evolve to one of every type. I like to think of Eevee as the Arceus of Evolutions (goes from Normal to all types only by evolution not by using plates).
__________________
Stand for Life
Reply With Quote
  #419    
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:22 AM
123jozef
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Gender: Male
So we had no new eeveelutions in Hoenn or Unova, but do you think we should have some new members of the family in X and Y? And if so, what type and appearance would they have?

I'd like to see a flying type the resembles a cloud in some way, or maybe even a fighting type, but I can't really think of how it would look

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #420    
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:29 AM
The_Mew's Avatar
The_Mew
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Fighting type would propably be awkward, seeing as it still has to be an 4 legged creature. And there aren't that many, if not none, 4 legged fighting ones out there.... A ghost type would be awesome..
__________________
So uhm yeah, i wear ties, and that's all.
Reply With Quote
  #421    
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Left 4 good
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
If Eevee turned into a flying cloud pokemon, I can only picture Altaria but with a differn't face, though a dragon type would be cool but it'd have to be relatively small and look cool, but yeh a fighting type if anything would be the most expected.
Reply With Quote
  #422    
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:32 AM
123jozef
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Gender: Male
Ooh a ghost, yeah that would be cool. With the flying type thing I was thinking of it not necessarily having wings, but being very light so it can be pushed by wind easily (like jigglypuff and jumpluff) It would still be a dog thingy
Reply With Quote
  #423    
Old February 9th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Would it now, it is the evolution pokemon after all so it'll make sense if it can evolve to one of every type. I like to think of Eevee as the Arceus of Evolutions (goes from Normal to all types only by evolution not by using plates).
But if it did that in one generation that'd be kind of crazy, tho. Leaving it at one or two would be fine but I think with all the talk of evolutions of the evolutions it should just not go too far. :(
Reply With Quote
  #424    
Old February 9th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Guy's Avatar
Guy
just a guy
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
But if it did that in one generation that'd be kind of crazy, tho. Leaving it at one or two would be fine but I think with all the talk of evolutions of the evolutions it should just not go too far. :(
Even though I think Eevee getting an evolution for every type is a bit much, I'm not totally against the idea. Perhaps it's because of all the beautiful fanart that makes me see it in such a positive light, but I wouldn't mind. Except, it would have to be spread out. Keeping it to one or two new Eeveelutions every other generation is a pretty good gap. To get too much all at one time would make it seem far more excessive than it actually is.

However, the thought of eeveelutions getting their own evolutions or even alternate forms? That's just pushing it.
Reply With Quote
  #425    
Old February 9th, 2013, 01:04 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Oh no, I didn't mean all in one gen...that'll be pushing it.
Though if I had to pick I'll rather have them do the former special types only and have the already existing one's evolve...
__________________
Stand for Life
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.