The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Spherical Ice's Avatar
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice

Advertise here
Awesome stuff dude. Glad you used the forest map, I hope it's good enough. Super hyped to play this :3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52    
Old February 8th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Al3X's Avatar
Al3X
Pokemon Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I love the fakemon in the first post. I hope you haven't given up on this since there hasn't been any posts in a while.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #53    
Old February 9th, 2013, 09:29 AM
AmazingCharizard's Avatar
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: High above you
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
The tiles and even the Fakemon(I usually hate them) look great. How´s progress going btw? Hope that you didn´t quit.
__________________
You, the unwashed masses: We, Team Rocket...ARE HERE! You better believe in the Shield of Injustice! Follow the Buzzard...

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Reply With Quote
  #54    
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Dragenrder's Avatar
Dragenrder
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: Male
Those are some of the best Fakemon i've seen...

Wow, how long it take you to do all of those?
__________________
Current Challenges
Monotype Challenge: Fire
3/8 Badges
3/6 Pokemon
Pokemon Fire Red
The One that got Away
Team Pending

Pokemon Ruby
____________________________________

Hacks I Support





____________________________________________

____________________________________________
Reply With Quote
  #55    
Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:50 AM
chrunch's Avatar
chrunch
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Got some more updates! :) Not much though, hoping I'll be able to get some sort of release out soonish now, as I'm nearing completion of all the areas in the first alpha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoActor View Post
Wow very nice fakemon, very nice maps, and great choice of tiles. I especially like how you did the ledge jumps in one of the routes. Good luck on this awesome hack. :D

Side Note: I agree with what manipulation and gira said, the letter on the PC to the right are backwards, which looks odd, and the tiles of the roof don't match up (If you know what I mean)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3X View Post
I love the fakemon in the first post. I hope you haven't given up on this since there hasn't been any posts in a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingCharizard View Post
The tiles and even the Fakemon(I usually hate them) look great. How´s progress going btw? Hope that you didn´t quit.
Thanks! Glad you like my hack! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Awesome stuff dude. Glad you used the forest map, I hope it's good enough. Super hyped to play this :3
Why would I want to waste it? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingCharizard View Post
I really like your graphics, all in all I´m excited to play this. I don´t want to ask for an ETA but I would like to know if you´ll release first some Alphas/Betas or already the full game when it´s done. Btw, your Fakemon don´t look bad(I usually hate them so this is meant to be a compliment).
No ETA at the moment, at least not until I get some responses to the question I posted above. And If you like my fakemon, would you mind me asking if you prefer the new or old sprites for them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragenrder View Post
Those are some of the best Fakemon i've seen...

Wow, how long it take you to do all of those?
Thanks. :) And you mean how long did it take me to do the fakemon? Or the whole hack?


Also a few updated fakemon sprites :)



Last edited by chrunch; March 5th, 2013 at 11:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56    
Old March 13th, 2013, 02:05 PM
DrFuji's Avatar
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Upside-downia
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Thread closed on owner's request.

Locked~
Reply With Quote
  #57    
Old November 14th, 2013, 01:32 AM
chrunch's Avatar
chrunch
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Hey everyone! Yeah, I'm back again. For the past few months I've picked up this project again and I've been working hard on it to get to this point. Today is the release date of beta 1! The first post has also been updated with a bunch of new screenshots and progress.

Pokemon Cyan Beta 1


You can get the beta on the first post, or by clicking here. Below is an updated list of features and content, most of which is in the beta.
  • Explore the tropical and exotic Celia archipelago
  • Decision-based storyline - as you play, you model the story around your choices
  • Brand new Fakemon - Several new fakemon can be found and captured in beta 1
  • Updated Graphics - experience Celia with new tiles and updated sprites
  • Custom Music - 3 new tracks in the beta composed by the amazing giradialkia
  • 4th and 5th Gen Pokemon - along with custom fakemon, numerous pokemon from newer generations
  • Sidequests
  • Physical/Special Split
  • Many new moves and abilities - new moves and abilities, thanks to 11bayerf1's base
  • Decapitalization
  • BW Repel System - the repel system has been updated with BW mechanics
  • Fairy type
  • Dive and Whirlpool HMs - Experience dive and whirlpool recreated in Celia
  • A full Pokedex - no more national dex at the beginning of the game, each and every pokemon in the cyan dex will (eventually) be catchable
  • Berry Trees - Berry trees scattered around Celia


Bugs/Oddities
  • Rival's OW palette is incorrect in the intro
  • The hidden area in Cobalt Forest is currently disabled, due to a game breaking bug (will be re added whenever I figure out what's going wrong)
  • Some of the fakemon backsprites may look a bit odd, this will be fixed next beta
  • Possibly a few grammar/tile errors
  • no door animations yet
  • no cries have been edited

And of course, report any bugs you find!

The beta ends right after you defeat the GYM in Maroon City. If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions, be sure to post! I'd appreciate some reviews. I hope you enjoy!
__________________

Last edited by chrunch; November 16th, 2013 at 12:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #58    
Old November 14th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Pinkish Purple's Avatar
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kirigakure
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Hahas, I'm already enjoying the game. I just walked out of the house and randomly clicked "Z" on the
Spoiler:
Plant thingy
and I received a berry.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59    
Old November 14th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Wow nice downloaded right away cant wait for next beta
Im gna try beta 1 and report if i find any bugs
Reply With Quote
  #60    
Old November 14th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Flower's Avatar
Flower
ワイルドフラワー
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Void
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Flower
Just tried the beta. It looks great.
But how far does this 1st beta go?
__________________
Flower
Reply With Quote
  #61    
Old November 14th, 2013, 07:56 AM
mydrago's Avatar
mydrago
Gen III Hacker EM/SS Fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Johto/New Bark Town
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Looks Awsome Chrunch
I Gonna download and play this awsome pokemon hack today
Good work and i wish you good luck with beta 2
__________________





Reply With Quote
  #62    
Old November 15th, 2013, 06:58 PM
GenesectGalaxy's Avatar
GenesectGalaxy
Flame
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Just Finished the Beta Great and also here is my team
Name - Flame
Badges - 2
Gator the Croconaw Lv. 20
Heatnado the Expleetle Lv. 21
Jay the Twejay Lv. 22

Hey what is the Evolution of Twejay? and at what level?
__________________








Reply With Quote
  #63    
Old November 15th, 2013, 07:32 PM
MrDollSteak's Avatar
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Finally got through the game. It's pretty fun overall, I found the level curve around the forest and the first gym a bit cruel. That damn Kangrish is a monster!

The maps are pretty good as well, I like the tiles and the organic feel, there are a few errors with tiles here and there but it's not really noticeable. There were a few in the first town's port.

I'd also change the grass animation, this can be done easily in NSE 2.0 (just look under the bookmarks), then I'd just change the colours until they match your grass.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64    
Old November 15th, 2013, 07:43 PM
GenesectGalaxy's Avatar
GenesectGalaxy
Flame
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Water-Type, Fire-Type, Bug-Type, Normal-Type, Flying-Type
__________________








Reply With Quote
  #65    
Old November 16th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Stealing Ash's Pikachu with Meowth
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Players mom floats instead of walking in the first scene of the game

No other bugs so far
Reply With Quote
  #66    
Old November 16th, 2013, 06:16 AM
avaramoon
Mirage Of Tales
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sogen Suburb, Avlar
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
My favourite thing about your hack is the tiles and the fact you used Johto starters, Cyndaquil is my all-tme favourite starter so I'm glad I can get him!

I also love Twejay, can't wait to see the evolutions =)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #67    
Old November 16th, 2013, 10:37 PM
DrFuji's Avatar
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Upside-downia
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
I had a good time playing the beta. I liked most of the Fakemon you inserted, particularly the Larfuse family (Who knew the generic starting bug could be so useful?). There were a few points where the difficulty ramped up which was fun though those parts always seemed to revolve around Murkrows, but I guess my team was just badly formulated to deal with dat smooth n stylin crow.

Anyway, I was looking out for bugs/ oddities and have a few to report:

Spoiler:

Did you alter the sie of some lIn these two screenshots it looks like that's the case sincebers? You can see they're off-centre and don't fall in line with others or even the cursor.


The youngster is placed too close to Cobalt Path so he pops in when you enter Cobalt Town.


The 'S' at the end of 'Pokeballs' isn't de-capitalised. This post explains how you can fix it.


These tiles have incorrect background bytes.


Some tile permission errors.


When you're sending out new Pokemon in battle some of the commands aren't de-capitalised.


Pachirisu seems to give out too much EXP, this is how much I get for a level 8 one which is owned by a trainer. I also fought a level 3 one on Cobalt Path which gave me more than battling my rival's level 5 Pokemon.


The plural of Wurmple is Wurmple :3


'bug catcher' should probably be capitalised.


I think it would be better to recentre the camera every now and then during cut scenes if it isn't focused on the actions taking place.


I froze here once and lost fifteen minutes of progress. No idea why though ;_;


Tyron uses two different form of 'Pokemon'.


Reflections in the grass.


Even though I cleaned out Team Rocket this guy is talking like they're still hanging around. Either that or he doesn't know what Devon employees are supposed to do.

Also, I think you should consider redesigning the building's floor plan since you keep going up and to the right which means the building would be at a horrifying slant in real life.


The second quotation marks are backwards.
Reply With Quote
  #68    
Old November 20th, 2013, 02:10 AM
chrunch's Avatar
chrunch
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
Hahas, I'm already enjoying the game. I just walked out of the house and randomly clicked "Z" on the
Spoiler:
Plant thingy
and I received a berry.
That was actually intentional. Just a hidden item. Thanks. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesectGalaxy View Post
Just Finished the Beta Great and also here is my team
Name - Flame
Badges - 2
Gator the Croconaw Lv. 20
Heatnado the Expleetle Lv. 21
Jay the Twejay Lv. 22

Hey what is the Evolution of Twejay? and at what level?
Twejay evolves into Ribbing at level 24. Nice team, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bayerf1 View Post
Finally got through the game. It's pretty fun overall, I found the level curve around the forest and the first gym a bit cruel. That damn Kangrish is a monster!

The maps are pretty good as well, I like the tiles and the organic feel, there are a few errors with tiles here and there but it's not really noticeable. There were a few in the first town's port.

I'd also change the grass animation, this can be done easily in NSE 2.0 (just look under the bookmarks), then I'd just change the colours until they match your grass.
Thanks! The game is a bit difficult but I prefer it that way. I think that GYM leaders should actually be a challenge. I'll make sure to do that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
Players mom floats instead of walking in the first scene of the game

No other bugs so far
I am aware of this. It's just because FR has no walking frames for the mom, this will be eventually fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
I had a good time playing the beta. I liked most of the Fakemon you inserted, particularly the Larfuse family (Who knew the generic starting bug could be so useful?). There were a few points where the difficulty ramped up which was fun though those parts always seemed to revolve around Murkrows, but I guess my team was just badly formulated to deal with dat smooth n stylin crow.

Anyway, I was looking out for bugs/ oddities and have a few to report:

Spoiler:

Did you alter the sie of some lIn these two screenshots it looks like that's the case sincebers? You can see they're off-centre and don't fall in line with others or even the cursor.


The youngster is placed too close to Cobalt Path so he pops in when you enter Cobalt Town.


The 'S' at the end of 'Pokeballs' isn't de-capitalised. This post explains how you can fix it.


These tiles have incorrect background bytes.


Some tile permission errors.


When you're sending out new Pokemon in battle some of the commands aren't de-capitalised.


Pachirisu seems to give out too much EXP, this is how much I get for a level 8 one which is owned by a trainer. I also fought a level 3 one on Cobalt Path which gave me more than battling my rival's level 5 Pokemon.


The plural of Wurmple is Wurmple :3


'bug catcher' should probably be capitalised.


I think it would be better to recentre the camera every now and then during cut scenes if it isn't focused on the actions taking place.


I froze here once and lost fifteen minutes of progress. No idea why though ;_;


Tyron uses two different form of 'Pokemon'.


Reflections in the grass.


Even though I cleaned out Team Rocket this guy is talking like they're still hanging around. Either that or he doesn't know what Devon employees are supposed to do.

Also, I think you should consider redesigning the building's floor plan since you keep going up and to the right which means the building would be at a horrifying slant in real life.


The second quotation marks are backwards.
Thanks for all the bugs! Most of these should be fixed next beta. Murkrow is probably a bit overpowered for the early game, I don't think it's much of a problem though as only one or two trainers have it. I also fixed the freezing problem in the forest, it's only that tile and below it that will make you freeze, so for everyone else you can just avoid those tiles.

-----------------------------------

I've been doing a lot of work since the beta released and I've decided on a tentative release date for beta 2. It will be 4 GYMs long and it will feature a lot of new content, most importantly containing a major storyline event. It might take longer or less time but I'm going to aim for December 25 for a release.

As for progress, I have currently mapped and partially scripted up to Slate City:

I won't give out too many details yet, but it is a medium sized city and home to the fourth Gym, and also an important city in the game, with many events and sidequests.

Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys the update! Leave feedback and let me know what you think of the new city.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69    
Old November 20th, 2013, 12:44 PM
GenesectGalaxy's Avatar
GenesectGalaxy
Flame
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Twejay --> Ribbing --> ???
What does it Evolves into?
__________________








Reply With Quote
  #70    
Old November 21st, 2013, 06:21 AM
godlesplay
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
@up, can't you read?
"Twejay evolves into Ribbing at level 24. Nice team, glad you enjoyed it! "
Reply With Quote
  #71    
Old November 21st, 2013, 04:06 PM
GenesectGalaxy's Avatar
GenesectGalaxy
Flame
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by godlesplay View Post
@up, can't you read?
"Twejay evolves into Ribbing at level 24. Nice team, glad you enjoyed it! "
But I'm Asking what does Ribbing evolves into
Reply With Quote
  #72    
Old November 24th, 2013, 09:39 PM
chrunch's Avatar
chrunch
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
It doesn't evolve into anything else. It's like the Spearow or Taillow lines.

Some more updates:

A new area in the game, which will be in beta 2. Let me know what you think of the tiles! :)

A new feature from X/Y, TM/HM Pokeballs are now gold colored.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #73    
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Kakarot1212's Avatar
Kakarot1212
Awesome as always...
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phillipines
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
Just tried the beta. It looks great.
But how far does this 1st beta go?
The beta ends with two gyms.

BTW
Spoiler:
WHOOOO!


Heres the real thing :
Spoiler:
Love the graphics
Scripts
The Maps
The world map
The fakemons
Everything!


Just one thing
Spoiler:
I think it is better with new OW Heroine sprite
.
__________________

楓 弘詩
“ Programs must be written for people
to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute. ”
Pair Pair | Facebook | Showdown | PHO | Twitter
| The Prediction Game |

Last edited by Kakarot1212; November 25th, 2013 at 06:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #74    
Old November 26th, 2013, 08:27 PM
GenesectGalaxy's Avatar
GenesectGalaxy
Flame
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
It doesn't evolve into anything else. It's like the Spearow or Taillow lines.

Some more updates:

A new area in the game, which will be in beta 2. Let me know what you think of the tiles!

A new feature from X/Y, TM/HM Pokeballs are now gold colored.
I thought Twejay's evolution would be Grass/Flying cause it is a Bird and Twe sounds like Tree. But ok I'm cool with that
Reply With Quote
  #75    
Old November 27th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Vereal's Avatar
Vereal
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
First of all, great hack! I've finished it and I'm glad that there's new hack with fakemon. I love Twejay's and Expleetle's sprite, but Kelprawn is.. Uhm.. A litlle.. Ugly. But it's fakemon and I want to train him (my plan is to complete game only by fakemons!). So I would be very grateful if you could write list of all fakemon you can catch/obtain in beta 1 and also their evolution line. :D
And here's my team!
Ribbing - 24 lvl
Expleetle - 18 lvl
Luxio - 18 lvl
Combee (f) - 18 lvl
Kelprawn - 15 lvl
Quilava - 14 lvl
I'm looking forward to next beta!
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 03:37 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.