The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old January 29th, 2013, 01:31 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, during the Arceus in-game event, a cutscene happens, which shows many real life picture of things like cities. How would you feel if X and Y had real life pictures? Where do you think they would happen? What pictures would they be?
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Ooh, I remember seeing this in HGSS and thinking how strange it was to see those images in a Pokemon game.

I can't really see them incorporating it into the game unless it's event related, I wasn't really a fan of it since it didn't have a Pokemon feel to it, not for me anyway.

Old January 29th, 2013, 06:29 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Ooh, I remember seeing this in HGSS and thinking how strange it was to see those images in a Pokemon game.

I can't really see them incorporating it into the game unless it's event related, I wasn't really a fan of it since it didn't have a Pokemon feel to it, not for me anyway.
That was strange... unless they're doing another Arceus creating an egg event I doubt we'll see real life images again.
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Hm... having real-life pictures in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y might make an appearance as portraits or picture frames in someone's house. Knowing that the 3D visuals have improved in Pokémon X and Y, I'm sure you'll be able to get a closer up view of the pictures in someone's house instead of them being generic ones.

But other than that, I don't think very close-up pictures would appear unless it was in a special Pokémon distribution event of some kind.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 31st, 2013, 06:47 AM
Forever
let it go

Please no. Not again. It just looked -odd-. I would not really like to see that all over again, especially not if it was compulsory to actually see the visuals. Keep Pokemon to Pokemon or else it'll freak me out (kind of like on the Simpsons on that one Halloween episode, daym it freaked me out for a while :x).
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:01 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
The problem with the way it was done in HG/SS was that it was just so random. You had all of these real life images appearing behind Arceus that came out of nowhere. I get that Arceus was born from an egg in a world where nothing existed and then later shaped the world, ─ which is in fact what all of the images were representing ─ but the use of real life images might have been pushing it a bit.

In terms of bringing it into X and Y, I guess I can say I'm indifferent on the subject. I don't mind either way, but should they bring it back, I'd like for it to not be as random or in your face as it was done for the Arceus event in HG/SS.
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:10 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I heard that doesn't really happen but if so, Jesus Christ, that would scare me to death, it just wouldn't look normal IMO xD
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:12 PM
enigmα.
phantom bullet
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
No, no, no! That was a waste, like Trainer Schools in my opinion. I rather Google all sorts of beautiful scenery for 24 hours straight!

sword art online II
phantom bullet

• vm . pm - feel free to contact me
  • server - chat and battle
  • blog - random thoughts and stuff
  • #aerilate- mega pinsir team

Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:30 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
It did look kind of odd. :|

Maybe hintingly at the legendaries, but honestly? I don't think they'll find much room to implement real life events.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I'm with Shawn here. As interesting as it would be, where's the room for it? D: I'd like to have cutscenes and things of that nature, but the problem being is that they wouldn't really fit anywhere it would seem, at least anywhere that would make them look good.

Now, I admit that I haven't really seen the vid of the Arceus event, in which case my post may be a bit off, but when I think of cutscenes in Pokemon games, I think of your standard console cutscene kind-of, and it just doesn't seem nor feel right in the slightest. x_x;
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:51 AM
pokefangames
Sinor Trainer

Nature: Calm
The real life images were weird for me also. but if they do something like this again, they should diffenently show pictures of the other regions (they should have enough of them by now XP)
Old February 9th, 2013, 01:06 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Ew real life images sounds blasphemous. I've never seen the arceus event, but it sounds terrible. However, I wouldn't be opposed if they showed real life cities but made in the same graphics as X/Y. Could be interesting! If they were to show real life pictures they'd be of... maybe Europe?? And I could see this happening if X/Y have anything to do with alternate dimensions but other than that.... I don't really know. :/

Sponsored Links