The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 9th, 2013, 02:10 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Nature: Jolly
"What are you doing here?"

I didn't realize this could be done for more than one game. Well I decided to hack in a level 15 Pinsir for my Emerald run of my Bug challenge. I'm on my way to Flannery's gym so I'm gonna need all the help I can get. :/

Here's a small update, I didn't do much since my last one.

Spoiler:
Caught Lights the on Route 117.
Hacked in OP'd the at level 15.
Taught OP'd tms Bulk Up and Rock Tomb, taught Lights tm Shock Wave.
Took on the 4 family members in that house to train Lights and OP'd a little, forget the route its on.
Did some more grinding to bring Lights and OP'd up to match the rest of my team.
Saved.

Team:
Spoiler:

Botox
Level 26
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Swarm
Thief, Mega Drain, Gust, Stun Spore

Beauty
Level 25
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Shield Dust
Tackle, Gust, Poison Sting, Psybeam

OP'd
Level 25
Nature: Careful
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Vicegrip, Bulk Up, Rock Tomb, Revenge

Lights
Level 25
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Illuminate
Shock Wave, Signal Beam, Tail Glow, Quick Attack

Ninja
Level 23
Nature: Modest
Ability: Compoundeyes
Scratch, Harden, Leech Life, Sand-attack

Benched
(Will be replaced with the Shedinja I get when I evolve my other Nincada.)
Shedinja
Level 20
Ability: Wonder Guard
Screech, Flash, Fury Cutter, Cut

HM Slaves
- Cut and Flash
- Rock Smash

I'll probably edit this later with an update, if I make some significant progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
Username: Lockdown
Type: Dark
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): LG, HG, S, D, B2

My normal type save is apparently corrupted.

Also, because i'm doing dark-type, and there are no dark types in the Kanto dex, how am I supposed to do Kanto, hack in my whole team? I'm really confuzzled. I looked over the rules, an I can only hack/trade in a pokemon that is withtin my regional dex, and there are no dark-types in the Kanto dex....
For ultimate challenges with the Dark type you don't have to do any of the Kanto games.
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.

Last edited by James901; February 9th, 2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Answered Lockdown's question.
Old February 9th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Lockdown
Doom in a can

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by James901 View Post

I didn't realize this could be done for more than one game. Well I decided to hack in a level 15 Pinsir for my Emerald run of my Bug challenge. I'm on my way to Flannery's gym so I'm gonna need all the help I can get. :/

Here's a small update, I didn't do much since my last one.

Spoiler:
Caught Lights the on Route 117.
Hacked in OP'd the at level 15.
Taught OP'd tms Bulk Up and Rock Tomb, taught Lights tm Shock Wave.
Took on the 4 family members in that house to train Lights and OP'd a little, forget the route its on.
Did some more grinding to bring Lights and OP'd up to match the rest of my team.
Saved.

Team:
Spoiler:

Botox
Level 26

Beauty
Level 25

OP'd
Level 25

Lights
Level 25

Ninja
Level 23

Benched
Shedinja
Level 20

HM Slaves
- Cut and Flash
- Rock Smash

I'll probably edit this later with an update, if I make some significant progress.

For ultimate challenges with the Dark type you don't have to do any of the Kanto games.
Ok, thanks. I didn't know that.

K J H S U

Solo
LG G E P White
LG G E P White

Click it if you dare--->Do you dare?
Old February 9th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
Ok, thanks. I didn't know that.
If you look at the Ultimate section, it's stated there that Dark and Steel are exempt from Kanto.
Old February 9th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Mega Mawile

Nature: Relaxed
What are you doing here?

I'm gonna hack in something for my Poison challenge. What it is, I haven't decided yet.

Since it's been awhile since I posted something (been busy with my Youtube channel), and since it's late and I'm going to bed in a few, I thought I'd bring this up.

To NecrumWarrior:
I have been doing an Ultimate Poison challenge for at least a month. (and an Electric challenge for about a week) Every time I come to this forum thread, I look at your list of Ultimate Challengers, and not once have I seen my name. I know it says not to ask about this unless over an outrageous amount of time has passed, but since you update weekly, I figured a month was too much. I'm not mad about the Electric challenge, since I've only been doing it for a few days to a week, but a month's wait for the Poison challenge seems too much.

Could you please put my name on the Ultimate Challengers' list for Poison and Electric? I'm not angry, I'm just making sure you're not ignoring my semi-constant updates.

Thanks!

EDIT: For my Poison challenge I hacked in a Gulpin, named Grimy Muck.

Owned Challenges:
The Mega Evolution Challenge!
The NPC Trainer Challenge!

Last edited by Mega Mawile; February 9th, 2013 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Caught a Gulpin :)
Old February 9th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Necrum

My computer broke recently, so I have been unable to do a proper update of the thread. I am terribly sorry for that. As soon as my new computer arrives, I will go through the arduous task of catching everything up. I truly appologize and thank you for your patience.
Old February 9th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Mega Mawile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
My computer broke recently, so I have been unable to do a proper update of the thread. I am terribly sorry for that. As soon as my new computer arrives, I will go through the arduous task of catching everything up. I truly appologize and thank you for your patience.
Oh, now I understand. Thank you!

PS: What is your profile picture exactly?:\ Just wondering.

Owned Challenges:
Old February 9th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Necrum

Hmmm. Odd. I thought for certain you were on the list. Something must have happened along the line to make you missing from the list. It looks like you started posting again late in January, which is when my compy broke, so I had no opportunity to see that I had missed you when adding that update. Sorry for the inconvenience, I don't really know how you got missed before.
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Mega Mawile

Quote:
Hmmm. Odd. I thought for certain you were on the list. Something must have happened along the line to make you missing from the list. It looks like you started posting again late in January, which is when my compy broke, so I had no opportunity to see that I had missed you when adding that update. Sorry for the inconvenience, I don't really know how you got missed before.
Don't worry, it's fine. I didn't know why you hadn't updated, so I was worried. Anyway, I have an update!

Update 2: Genocide of Route 4

What happened since last time:
Spoiler:
After beating Brock, I took actions toward "collecting" my free Gulpin, which I named Grimy Muck. Then, I moved on to Route 4. I quickly skipped along to Mt. Moon AFTER COMPLETELY DESTROYING EVERY SPECIES OF POKEMON AND HUMAN ON ROUTE 4 after beating a few Trainers. I caught a Zubat at Lv. 8, and because I was really tired and in a meh mood, I called it P. Sherman from Finding Nemo. Then, I went on another homicidal rampage defeated the Trainers' Pokemon. I actually whited out once because I didn't bother to use Potions because, again, it's 11:00 now and I'm getting tired. That being said, I should probably end the update here, but I'll still go on. I left Mt. Moon after defeating the forces of evil and stealing receiving a Fossil. I saved in Mt. Moon.

My team:
Spoiler:

P. Sherman the Zubat

Saur the Ivysaur

Grimy Muck the Gulpin

I took that one guy's advice (WarriorCat's his username) and used imgur to upload the pictures of my Pokemon. I'll find out his username and edit it in later. Anyway, that's it for now. Peace!

P.S. My YouTube channel is active! I now upload videos daily, with 3 Pokemon videos a week. The rest is other games I like to play. My username is Jacob Presau, search it up on YouTube.

Owned Challenges:

Last edited by Mega Mawile; February 9th, 2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Creds to WarriorCat
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Febbe

Okay second update of my Ultimate Poison Challenge:

Heart Gold

I Got all The rest of the Johto Badges, caught a lvl. 19 Tentacool in the sea between Olivine and Cianwood and caught a lvl. 22 gastly at the bell tower. Now im just before the elite four after training a little in route 26 and victory road.

My team pre Elite Four:

Gengar Lvl. 50 (used evolution editor to evolve at lvl. 50)
@Shell Bell
(a whopping 165 sp atk. @ Modest Nature)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Confuse Ray
- Dark Pulse
He's a pure beast with that shadow Ball :D

Crobat Lvl. 45 (evolved right after beating ecruteak Gym)
@Poison Barb
- Cross Poison
- Bite
- Wing Attack
- Fly

Gloom Lvl. 45 (Trying to get a leaf stone but can't find one?)
@Miracle Seed
- Solarbeam
- Mega Drain
- Acid
- Sleep Powder

Ariados Lvl. 46
@Quick Claw
- Sucker Punch(pretty bad move in my opinion)
- Bug Bite
- Night Shade
- Psychic

Tentacruel Lvl. 45
@Nevermeltice
- Surf
- Ice Beam (Pretty annoying in the gaming place but after some time i got enough for both this and Thunderbolt)
- Toxic Spikes (much better than the old spikes move)
- Poison Jab

I really like the 4th gen Games (First time i play one of these) love how attacks can be either physical or Special in the same type and a lot of the new moves are actually really good, was thinking of catching a Koffing or an Arbok but i think my team is Good as it is Right now, don't have that much use of a pure poison type, maybe an Arbok with Earthquake wouldn't be that bad but i have to catch it in the Safari zone and yeah meh... I can use an Arbok in another game then...

To the Elite Four, hope i don't get smacked around by Will's psychics.

EDIT: how do you make those spoiler pop out thingies? i Would be glad if someone can PM me about that or a link to where i can find it?

EDIT2: E4 Was a Breeze Gengar swept through most of them, Crobat and Tentacruel took out the rest of them!

Last edited by Febbe; February 9th, 2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:36 AM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
Update #6 on my HeartGold grass monotype run, with the Elite Four defeated!
Spoiler:

-Got everyone to Level 47. Evolved Thyme into Bellossom!
-Time for the Elite Four!
-Will: Off to a shaky start as I miss Sleep Powder like three times in a row and then get critted with a U-turn. Yet Anise (Jumpluff) still survives! Still, that U-turning Xatu was really annoying. So was the second Xatu with its Aerial Ace. Other than those Xatu, and maybe Exeggutor (because of my bad judgment), Will wasn't too bad. I believe Ginger (Victreebel) was my MVP here.
-Koga: This was my main worry coming into the Elite Four, because of my history with Golbat. Ariados was a bit scary at first because I found out that it had Insomnia. But with some help from Ginger and Sage (Tangrowth), I was able to get through Ariados, Venomoth, and Muk with little problem. Then the Crobat. I switched to Anise, and Poison Fang missed. Thanks to Anise's speed, I was able to plant a Leech Seed on Crobat right before it used Double Team! Sage was able to do some extra damage with Ancient Power too. Finally, Forretress was no problem, again because of Leech Seed. Sage was probably the MVP.
-Bruno: Not too bad. Anise was able to take out his Hitmontop, Onix, and Hitmonlee all by herself before falling to Hitmonchan's Ice Punch. Still, I think she may have been able to pull off a Leech Seed before fainting. Chicory (Meganium) came in, set up Reflect, and destroyed Hitmonchan. He did well against Machamp (Cross Chop does only 30 damage!) until it got a crit. Poor crit magnet... Ginger finished the job. I'd definitely say Anise was the MVP here.
-Karen: What a strange battle this was. I can't really remember much about it... :/ Well, I got a Leech Seed on Umbreon before it could start Double Teaming, so that was great. Then what happened next? Murkrow? Critical hit Pluck on Sage, but a critical OHKO Ancient Power in return. Let's see... Houndoom. The frightening one. Anise got off a Leech Seed and Sleep Powder, as usual. Gave me time to set up Light Screen with Chicory, maybe? And also switch off to Thyme (Bellossom)? Yeah, that sounds about right. I remember it being a battle of Flamethrower and the healing from Leech Seed, Drain Punch, and Shell Bell until that Houndoom went down. Ginger beat her Vileplume and got a Stun Spore on Gengar before getting paralyzed herself somehow. Cilantro (Sunflora) wrapped things up with Leech Seed and Sunnybeaming. Everyone did their part here; there's probably no one MVP.
-Lance: Oh man, Lance. This was a painful battle. Gyarados went down simply enough (Anise survived an Ice Fang!) with Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, and Sunnybeam. However, the Sunny Day might not have been a good idea, as he sent out Charizard next... I kinda almost forgot about this. So, I got a Leech Seed off on it, but somehow it always wakes up really quickly. Because of that, I couldn't get an Ancient Power in. Eventually, it turned into a battle of attrition, as I was just setting and re-setting dual screens with Chicory and spamming healing items. He even used a Full Restore to prolong it. >_< I think Dragonite #1 was next. For the three Dragonite, I used pretty much the same strategy of Leech Seed, Sleep Powder if possible, and dual screens. Anyways, against Aerodactyl, I just spammed Ancient Powers. Unfortunately, two Ancient Powers left it with just a sliver of health, so that prompted the Full Restore. Pressure didn't allow me to use Ancient Power a lot either, so that was bad. Chicory finished it with Reflect and Petal Dance though. Dragonite #2 was his highest leveled one, but I think it was the slowest, which let me set up dual screens more effectively. I think this one had Safeguard too, so that was annoying. I had to use an X Speed on Dragonite #3 for the same advantage, but it turns out it had Thunder Wave. And I lost track of how many Full Restores he used throughout the battle... Anyways, we finally prevailed and I became Champion! ^-^ I'd say the MVPs were Chicory and Anise.

Sorry for the tl;dr. >_<

The team so far (after Lance):
Spoiler:

Chicory (Meganium, male) Lv. 48
Overgrow
@Miracle Seed
HP: 144/A: 92/D: 134/SpA: 99/SpD: 111/Spd: 98
-Petal Dance
-Reflect
-Synthesis
-Light Screen

Ginger (Victreebel, female) Lv. 48
Chlorophyll
@Poison Barb
HP: 139/A: 127/D: 81/SpA: 109/SpD: 69/Spd: 106
-Leaf Blade
-Sludge Bomb
-Stun Spore
-Leaf Storm

Anise (Jumpluff, female) Lv. 48
Chlorophyll
@Bright Powder
HP: 136/A: 63/D: 87/SpA: 80/SpD: 105/Spd: 140
-Giga Drain
-Synthesis
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed

Thyme (Bellossom, male) Lv. 47
Chlorophyll
@Shell Bell
HP: 149/A: 96/D: 97/SpA: 106/SpD: 115/Spd: 75
-Drain Punch
-Sleep Powder
-Giga Drain
-Moonlight

Cilantro (Sunflora, male) Lv. 47
Chlorophyll
@Quick Claw
HP: 135/A: 89/D: 72/SpA: 124/SpD: 103/Spd: 61
-SolarBeam
-Sunny Day
-Leech Seed
-Leaf Storm

Sage (Tangrowth, male) Lv. 48
Leaf Guard
@Hard Stone
HP: 157/A: 117/D: 154/SpA: 114/SpD: 58/Spd: 74
-Mega Drain
-PoisonPowder
-AncientPower
-Earthquake

And here's the second update for FireRed. I currently have five badges.
Spoiler:

-Got through the S.S. Anne and beat the rival. I was doing fine until I misclicked Leech Seed right after seeding his Charmeleon. >_< Still won though. I think some evolutions happened on the ship (Gloom and Parasect).
-Got through Lt. Surge's annoying trash and beat him with little problem. Always Leech Seed before Double Team gets terrible. ^-^ Got us the Thunder Badge anyways.

-Taught Cut and Flash to Arugula (Gloom) and Cassava (Parasect), respectively.
-Got through Rock Tunnel. My least favorite cave in Pokémon history, yet it wasn't as bad as I remembered.
-Skipped Lavender Town and headed for Celadon to get the Tea. Gave the tea to the Saffron guard, and applied the cheat that enabled the National Dex. However, Fava (Seedot) was one level too high to learn Faint Attack upon evolving... Whoops. >_< I compensated with the TM for Thief when Fava evolved.
-Celadon gym... Erika's Victreebel was problematic for some reason. I want to say because of Sleep Powder, but I don't really remember. But her Tangela and Vileplume were not as bad, so we got the Rainbow Badge from that battle. Oh yeah, Garlic evolved into a Venusaur sometime before this battle.

-I think I should've done the Rocket Hideout before battling Erika. Despite the abundance of Poison-types, the gym was tougher.
-Lavender's Pokémon Tower was not much problem. Garlic's Razor Leaf and Fava's Thief can pretty much OHKO the Gastly here.
-Cleared the Snorlax and the routes around Fuschia City.
-Went into the Safari Zone and caught Azuki, the Exeggcute. Also found a Leaf Stone, and caught some Paras for TinyMushrooms (I foolishly sold my first one...). Got Surf and Strength, and I taught Strength to Fava. Also evolved Arugula into a Vileplume.

-Koga (he's in both updates =P) was pretty tough! I actually lost to him once because I'm stupid. Koffing's Selfdestruct took out Garlic, who was at about half HP. And his Weezing loves crits. I played smarter the second time and won the Soul Badge.

-Finished the Fighting Dojo. Saved inside Silph Co.

The team so far:
Spoiler:

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris

Last edited by waveguidebuizel; February 10th, 2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Sukisu
Dark Trainer

Username: Sukisu
Type: Poison
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Firered
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:19 AM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Again just taking advantage. I started up Pearl for my Bug run, hacked in a level 5 Scizor as my starter and did the beginning stuff. That's just about it for now, though I'll now be playing Emerald and Pearl for my Bug types at the same time.
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Sukisu
Dark Trainer

My very first update:

Just started my Poison run and picked Bulbasuar (not going to stay long in my party). Maked my way to Viridian City after almost fainting. So that's the end of my update at this time.

This is going to be fun for my very first monotype challenge ever.
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:00 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
hope this isn't to late. What are you doing here?
i suppose i should do my first update.

after much fighting with myself trying to convince him that he didn't want that freaking awesome fire monkey, i chose piplup and named her "DA BIRD!!!" beat the first gym and valley windworks, DA BIRD!!! evolved and now this is my team:

DA BIRD!!! lv 20
bubble
hidden power fire
pound
what was it, metal claw?

magikarp lv 16
splash
tackle

psyduck lv 12
don't remember moveset but its not very good, i can tell you that.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 10th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Crackin355
Mime Jr.

So I went out for the day and beat Elesa in Black while I was out. I got back yesterday and about an hour afterwards I dislocated my kneecap stepping off my bed. It was scary since I haven't dislocated or broken anything before, so seeing my kneecap in such a strange place wasn't pleasant. Anyway, I'm lying in bed with me knee resting so I decided to post what I've done.

~8/2/13~
-Beat Bianca
-Beat Cheren
-Traveled to Desert Resort
-Caught a Dwebble
-Named it Ray; after the guy of the same name in Achievement Hunter

~9/2/13~
-Trained Ray
-Beat Trainers
-Explored Desert areas
-Arcane Evolved into Scolipede
-VS Leader Elesa
--VS Emolga: Rollout(x2) w/ Arcane
--VS Emolga: Rollout w/ Arcane
--VS Zebstrika: Dig + Bug Bite w/ Ray + Stela
-Obtained Bolt Badge

Team:

Arcane [SCOLIPEDE] Lv31 (F)
HP:88/ATK:67/DEF:67/Sp.A:43/Sp.D:53/SPD:85
Serious Nature @Quick Claw
Swarm
-Bug Bite
-Rollout
-Venoshock
-Rock Smash

Stela [LEAVANNY] Lv30 (F)
HP:90/ATK:75/DEF:62/Sp.A:49/Sp.D:51/SPD:69
Bashful Nature @Scope Lens
Chlorophyll
-Slash
-Grass Knot
-Bug Bite
-Razor Leaf

Ray [DWEBBLE] Lv30 (M)
HP:73/ATK:53/DEF:63/Sp.A:37/Sp.D:34/SPD:40
Quiet Nature @BlackGlasses
Shell Armor
-Dig
-Faint Attack
-Rock Slide
-Bug Bite

I'm halfway between getting to Burgh in Black2

Kanto - Rainbow Badge - 5/3/13

----------------------------------------------------------
[Completed Monotype Challenges]
[Click on Type to go to Final Teams]
Old February 10th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Tyranitar042
Tyranitar King

First update and its needed but i can never really tell when i should update i wanna balance it out bc about a year ago i did a ground monotype challenge and updated after going through 4 gyms and beat kanto version quick and updated like 3 times in 1 day so not really sure when i shoiuld update.

So I beat brock, mist, and Lt. Surg.
and my pokemon are

Lotus the Bulbasaur
Lv. 35
Tackle
Sleep powder
Leech seed
Razor Leaf

Shroomz the Parasect
Lv. 31
Aerial Ace
Spore
Bullet Seed
Secret Power

Ragweed
Hm slave was going to use it but realized its another bulbasaur witout stalling wars so im going with an exeggcute when i get one that is

Tyranitar

Royalty and Loyalty!!
It never fails!!
Old February 10th, 2013, 03:35 PM
liam7199
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by James901 View Post

Ok thanks, I just took on blane with a pinsir and it wasn't that bad

-Went through the pokemon tower and then got the pokeflute from mr.Fiji
-Went to route 12 and battled all the trainers and the snorlax
-Gave the tea to the guards and entered Saffron city
-Defeated all the trainers in the dojo
-Got psychic and gave it to Butterfree
-After getting lost for ages I finally battled team rocket and Giovanni in the silph co building
-Grinded everyone up to level 39
-Battled Sabrina to get my fifth badge
-Travelled to Fusha City and hack in a Pinsir as you can catch it at this point but only in leaf green
-Grinded him on the cycling road and in the grass beside it to level 39
-Defeated Koga for my sixth badge
-Battled all the trainers in routes 19 and 20
-Got the key from the mansion to get into Blaine’s gym and won against him with pinsir
-Done all the 1, 2 and 3 island things
-Took on the eighth gym and got the last badge
-Saved here

Team

Pinsir level 44
Guillotine
Revenge
Dig
Brick Break

Beedrill level 43
Pin Missle
Aerial Ace
Twin Needle
Pursuit

Scyther level 42
Slash
Double Team
Swords Dance
Wing Attack

Butterfree level 44
Psychic
Psybeam
Sleep Powder
Shadow Ball

Parasect level 45
Slash
Spore
Dig
Giga Drain
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Necrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam7199 View Post
Ok thanks, I just took on blane with a pinsir and it wasn't that bad

-Went through the pokemon tower and then got the pokeflute from mr.Fiji
-Went to route 12 and battled all the trainers and the snorlax
-Gave the tea to the guards and entered Saffron city
-Defeated all the trainers in the dojo
-Got psychic and gave it to Butterfree
-After getting lost for ages I finally battled team rocket and Giovanni in the silph co building
-Grinded everyone up to level 39
-Battled Sabrina to get my fifth badge
-Travelled to Fusha City and hack in a Pinsir as you can catch it at this point but only in leaf green
-Grinded him on the cycling road and in the grass beside it to level 39
-Defeated Koga for my sixth badge
-Battled all the trainers in routes 19 and 20
-Got the key from the mansion to get into Blaine’s gym and won against him with pinsir
-Done all the 1, 2 and 3 island things
-Took on the eighth gym and got the last badge
-Saved here

Team

Pinsir level 44
Guillotine
Revenge
Dig
Brick Break

Beedrill level 43
Pin Missle
Aerial Ace
Twin Needle
Pursuit

Scyther level 42
Slash
Double Team
Swords Dance
Wing Attack

Butterfree level 44
Psychic
Psybeam
Sleep Powder
Shadow Ball

Parasect level 45
Slash
Spore
Dig
Giga Drain
Sorry, guy. No hacking allowed. And as far as I can tell you never invoked my 1000 post promotion. Go read the first post and fix this, or remove the Pinsir from your game. Sorry I missed your question earlier, but it wasn't really in a place that was easy to notice.
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:08 PM
liam7199
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Sorry, guy. No hacking allowed. And as far as I can tell you never invoked my 1000 post promotion. Go read the first post and fix this, or remove the Pinsir from your game. Sorry I missed your question earlier, but it wasn't really in a place that was easy to notice.
Ok sorry, so if I say "What you doing here?" can I use pinsir? And thanks for letting me know about that, must have passed over that part of the first post haha
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Necrum

No problem. And yeah, just include that phrase in your next update and we'll be cool.
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Crackin355
Mime Jr.

I only updated an hour ago, but I beat Burgh in Black2. So here's some stuff

~9/2/13~
-Did PokeStar Studio Tutorial
-Traveled to Castelia City
-Explored some of the city

~11/2/13~
-Explored the rest of the City
-Explored Castelia Sewers
-VS Leader Burgh:
--VS Swadloon: Venoshock(x5) w/ Kaiser
--VS Dwebble: Rock Smash & Venoshock(x4) w/ Kaiser
--VS Leavanny: Bug Bite(x4) w/ Geoff
-Obtained Insect Badge

Team:

Geoff [LEAVANNY] Lv23 (M)
HP:70/ATK:59/DEF:47/Sp.A:39/Sp.D:40/SPD:52
Serious Nature @Miracle Seed
Swarm
-Protect
-Razor Leaf
-Bug Bite
-Return

Kaiser [WHIRLIPEDE] Lv24 (F)
HP:57/ATK:32/DEF:57/Sp.A:27/Sp.D:45/SPD:31
Docile Nature @Scope Lens
Poison Point
-Bug Bite
-Rollout
-Venoshock
-Rock Smash

Next is against Erika in LeafGreen I believe.

Kanto - Rainbow Badge - 5/3/13

----------------------------------------------------------
[Completed Monotype Challenges]
[Click on Type to go to Final Teams]
Old February 10th, 2013, 07:45 PM
liam7199
Unhatched Egg

update #4

-Beat Blue (Again)
-Made it through victory road
-Grinded up all my team to level 56
-Made it past the first three members of the elite 4 but lance took forever but I beat him eventually
-Beat the champion Blue and was much easier than lance

Fire Red/Kanto finished

final team:

Parasect level 57
Slash
Giga Drain
Spore
Dig

Beedrill level 58
Endeavor
Aerial Ace
Twin Needle
Pursuit

Scyther level 57
Slash
Double Team
Wing Attack
Swords Dance

Butterfree level 59
Silver Wind
Psychic
Sleep Powder
Shadow Ball

Pinsir level 58
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Brick Break
Double-Edge

I will start Heart Gold next

Last edited by liam7199; February 11th, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old February 10th, 2013, 07:49 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

BEAT FLANNERY!

Damn what a tough battle, took me almost 15 minutes!!

Spoiler:
Travelled all the way to the cave where I saw some Magma Grunts then Archie and his Aqua Grunts stepped in.
Then I travelled all the way back to the lift thing to take me to the top of the volcano where I defeated Maxie.
I left the volcano and went to Lavaridge to challenge Flannery only to lose half a dozen times.
So I went to train a little more, and returned to challenge her once again.
Took me a couple tries again but I ended up winning in the end.
vs
Spoiler:

After beating the gym I got the Go-Googles from May, then headed toward the desert place where I got the Claw Fossil.
I travelled back to Rustboro and revived it into Armando the Anorith.
Grinded Armando up to match the rest of the party.
Boxed Ninja for now.
Took on daddy Norman.
vs
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

OP'd
Level 30

Armando
Level 29
Nature: Impish
Ability: Battle Armor
Scratch, Harden, Metal Claw, Water Gun

Lights
Level 28

Botox
Level 28

Beauty
Level 27

Benched
(Not using him much right now, will grind him up later) [If you're wondering why I'm not evolving him yet, its cause I want him to learn Metal Claw first]
Ninja
Level 23
Shedinja
Level 20

HM Slaves
- Cut and Flash
- Rock Smash

I'd say putting Pinsir on my team was probably one of the smartest things I could've done for this challenge. I wouldn't have been able to beat Flannery without her, unless I grinded all my guys up to like level 35 or something. :/

I'll probably play some of my Bug run on Pearl tonight, or I'll probably just continue with Emerald. Not sure yet but I'll update if I beat a gym or two on any of them.

Last edited by James901; February 10th, 2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Beat Norman for Emerald.
Old February 11th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I just defeated Iris in my Dark Monotype White 2 Challenge! My first challenge ever has been completed n_n

Game Time: 30:23 (Yes, I am quite slow... took lots of grinding in the beginning!)

Final team:

Level 60 Scrafty (Adamant)
Level 59 Krookodile (Quirky)
Level 61 Zoroark (Hasty) N's Pokemon
Level 57 Bisharp (Hasty)

Slaves:
Level 25 Ducklett (Fly/Surf)
Level 35 Frillish (Waterfall)

I didn't have a problem with Marshall in the E4 which was surprising. I actually had a problem with Shauntel of all things. xD Her Chandelure was fast AND nasty! I lost the first time with Iris, but luckily I had saved before fighting her. I then fought her again and didn't have a problem until I got to her last Pokemon, Archeops. I had my Bisharp out and she was spamming Rock Slide and I flinched constantly. I kept healing with hyper potions and I finally got an Iron Defense up. Eventually, after about seven flinches, I got off an Iron Head to OHKO that stupid bird and beat her to become the new Champion! :3
Old February 11th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Tyranitar042
Tyranitar King

I went and caught an exeggcute and taught it Light screen, Psychic, Giga Drain, and it already had reflect so thats my poke but im going to have a dificult time with Koga only my Venusaur can stand up to the poison attacks and my parasect is too slow to take any hits idk how exeggutor will be hopefully faster then she is now ohh well will find out soon enough

Tyranitar

Royalty and Loyalty!!
It never fails!!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links