The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 2nd, 2013 (04:48 PM).
Ruki_Kato

Update Time!

Spoiler:

Took on Bugsy with no trouble. Most everything in the gym went down in one hit besides his Scyther, it took 2. 2/8

Headed to Ilex Forest. Pretty easy roping the farfetch'd back to it's owner. Obtained Cut, taught it to Belle. Obtained Headbutt, taught that to Tron.

Made my way to Goldenrod City. After trying to figure out how to get the items in the Mart Basement, I gave up. Instead I got the Bike from the Bike Shop. Sweetness, no more walking.

Took on Gym Pink while I was here. Whitney's Miltank was only 4 levels under Tron and gave me the most trouble in taking 3 headbutts to the face to take down. Obtained the badge without trouble otherwise. 3/8

Making my way North from Goldenrod I got lost. After cutting my way through a bush I found the wiggly tree again. Seeing as I couldn't get past it, I went East instead and found the National Park. Since I went South from there I ended up full circle in Goldenrod again. I grabbed the squirtbottle and headed back to the wiggly tree.

After spraying the tree it attacked. I caught it and named it Not A Tree, the liar. Shoved it into a box and took out Eggbert to take to Prof. Elm. He gave me an Everstone, considered it to be a waste of a trip.

After getting lost on where to go for awhile I ended up in Ecruteak City. Taking on the Kimono girls was my first stop. Everything going down in one hit besides the Umbreon, that took two. Obtained Surf and realized I have nothing to learn it.

Went to take on the Gym after this with no such luck as the leader wasn't here. Instead I went to the burnt tower and found the leader who wasn't leaving. Saw Clu and decided to take him on. All his pokemon went down in one hit, still has a Croconaw though. Afterwards he mocks me for falling down a hole, the jerk.

After releasing the 3 dog pokmeon I made my way to the gym. Everything besides Gengar goes down in one hit, it took two. This gym also skyrocketed Tron up 2 levels, awesome. 4/8

Next up I went back to Ilex forest to pick up 2 Psyduck. Named them Milo and Kida. Taught Milo Surf, Flash, and Rock Smash for now. Kida learned Dig. Stuck Belle into the box for now. 4 of 4 Pokemon on me.

Going back through Goldenrod I took care of some things I forgot. Grabbed the Coin Case, Radio Card, and the Blue Card. Also went back down to the Day Care to get the Odd Egg. Do eggs count as party too? Once it hatches it's going straight into a box either way.

Made my way East from Ecruteak City after this hoping to find a Farfetch'd on route 38. No such luck so far though, will keep looking.

Tron the Raichu. 4 of 8 Badges obtained.
Level: 36
Attack: 86
Defense: 59
Special Attack: 82
Special Defense: 75
Speed: 88

Tron the Riachu Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Leaf Green - Completed: 8 of 8 badges obtained, Elite 4 defeated
Crystal - 4 of 8 badges obtained
Emerald -
Platinum -
White 2 -
Old February 3rd, 2013 (07:41 AM).
Pachireecko

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pachireecko
Pokemon: Staryu/Starmie
Challenge: Ultimate
Games: Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, White
Old February 3rd, 2013 (08:25 AM). Edited February 5th, 2013 by Arceus Whisper.
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
Carvanha Update #2
Spoiler:

-Got Running Shoes
-Made it to Mt. Moon
-Made it through Mt. Moon
-Beat Misty
-Taught Carvanha TM03 Water Pulse
-Grinded a couple of levels
-Beat Gary
-Beat Nugget Bridge
-Got S.S Ticket from Bill

Carvanha Update #3
Spoiler:

-Beat Everyone on S.S Anne (Including Gary)
-Got HM01
-Beat Surge
-Made way through dark cave

My biggest (and last update)
Carvanha Update #4
Spoiler:

-Arrived in Lavender Town
-Made way to Celadon
-Swept Gym with Crunch
-Cleared Rocket Game Corner
-Beat Giovanni
-Went back to Lavender
-Beat Gary
-Saved Mr Fuji
-Went to Fuschia
-Got Gold Teeth and Surf from Safari Zone
-Beat Koga
-Flew to Pallet Town
-Got Secret Key from Pokemon Mansion
-Swept Blaine's Gym
-Did 1, 2, 3 Island Quest
-Took on Fighting Gym
-Swept Sabrina's Gym
-Did the same to Giovanni's Gym
-Made it through Victory Road in Record Time
-Went through a VERY long process of making my way through Lorelei then getting one shotted by Bruno grinding up a level then trying again
-When I finally OHKO every one of Bruno's Pokemon I swept the rest of the elite 4 and Champion
here is where me and Jaws ended up

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
Old February 7th, 2013 (06:49 AM).
Wilhelm
Hail the Almighty Robot Policeman

Nature: Adamant
Congratulatios on taking ownership of the Solo Challenge, James901! Glad to see my name up on the list now.

I would post an in depth up date, but I usually use Bulbapedia as a reference, which is really hard to do without a computer. I beat Maylene last night, earning my 4th badge. Gonna try to finish this challenge quickly after I finish Love In The Clouds.
Old February 7th, 2013 (01:39 PM).
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
Congratulatios on taking ownership of the Solo Challenge, James901! Glad to see my name up on the list now.

I would post an in depth up date, but I usually use Bulbapedia as a reference, which is really hard to do without a computer. I beat Maylene last night, earning my 4th badge. Gonna try to finish this challenge quickly after I finish Love In The Clouds.
Thank you very much!

Its no problem, sad to hear about your computer. I'll be sure to update the OP with your progress. And there's no rush.
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.
Old February 9th, 2013 (08:32 AM).
Febbe

Nature: Quirky
Hello

I have a question i have beaten Fire red with only my arbok can i get into this Challenge? i have screenshots of hall of fame and a screenshot of the 2nd slaying of the champion where Arbok is at lvl. 100. i only used other pokes to capture enough pokemon after the first elite four to get to sevii islands 4-7 and in double battles where i just shifted between my hm slaves so they didn't have to attack?

Proud Dane - Viking In Greenland
Old February 9th, 2013 (09:33 AM).
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febbe View Post
Hello

I have a question i have beaten Fire red with only my arbok can i get into this Challenge? i have screenshots of hall of fame and a screenshot of the 2nd slaying of the champion where Arbok is at lvl. 100.
I don't quite understand the question. Are you asking to be put in the champions list? If yes then no problem I'll change it right away, it would be good to see the screenshot though its not manditory. Also for the Kanto games the challenge ends when your beat the champion, your rival, the first time so whatever you do after that is up to you.
Quote:
i only used other pokes to capture enough pokemon after the first elite four to get to sevii islands 4-7
Using your slaves and whatnot to catch other Pokemon is fine, just don't fight any trainers unless its with the Pokemon you're soloing with.
Quote:
and in double battles where i just shifted between my hm slaves so they didn't have to attack?
As for the double battles that's completely understandable, when it comes to them its really up to you what to do. I normally just KO the slaves though switching between them seems like a better option, wish I thought of that.
Old February 9th, 2013 (09:59 AM).
Febbe

okay thanks

just one problem i can't put pics in my posts before i have 15 posts, but they will come when i have posted 15 messages
Old February 10th, 2013 (11:45 AM).
VinceLevi
Do A Barrel Roll!

Jebus Crackers I'm back. More of a walkthrough episode than anything else.

Part 12:

-Went to Olivine City
-Fought many, many folks
-Saw my Rival
-Fought more folks
-???

Spoiler:
Old February 10th, 2013 (12:07 PM).
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceLevi View Post
Jebus Crackers I'm back. More of a walkthrough episode than anything else.

Part 12:

-Went to Olivine City
-Fought many, many folks
-Saw my Rival
-Fought more folks
-???

Spoiler:
Sorry but are you participating in a single challenge or ultimate challenge? Alse how many badges do you have? I'd like to add you to the OP but I need to know first.
Old February 11th, 2013 (06:06 PM).
VinceLevi
Do A Barrel Roll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James901 View Post
Sorry but are you participating in a single challenge or ultimate challenge? Alse how many badges do you have? I'd like to add you to the OP but I need to know first.
My fault, I've been on this challenge forever, thought I would still be listed. I am on an Ultimate Challenge with Zubat, in second gen right now and just got my fifth badge (Cianwood)

Annnnd speaking of which.

I like water routes. I don't like water routes WHEN I'M TALKING TENTACOOL!

Part 13:

-Crossing the sea
-Observing the Whirl Islands.
-Tentacool
-Tentacool
-??? (It's more Tentacool)

Spoiler:
Old February 11th, 2013 (08:33 PM).
Wilhelm

Wow, you do go far back. You've been working on that challenge for quite a while. James only just took over, and there are so many posts in the thread and such a huge gap where no one updated that it's no wonder you weren't on the list. It would be a nightmare trying to bring this thread all the way up to speed with all those posts.

Can't wait to get back to this challenge. For whatever reason seeing all your solo posts makes me want to do mine more. lmao. Almost done with Love in the Clouds, then I'll be making the push with Gallade, and maybe starting my other planned solo, Nidoking.
Old February 12th, 2013 (03:43 PM).
Febbe

okay here is pics for my arbok Fire red Solo Challenge

Spoiler:

that should be it the pics are after Beating the Elite four the second time, at the first elite four Trapper was at ~85 :D
Old February 12th, 2013 (06:31 PM). Edited February 12th, 2013 by Mr. Whiscash.
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

Nature: Sassy
Just started my Pokemon Red run, after rolling Vileplume of all things. Oddish is a REALLY rough start. Like I thought it was going to be impossible until I got Acid. Oh man I can't believe I'd be so excited to get Acid!
e: Turns out I did it. Petal Dance was actually really useful by the endgame and Body Slam is a good move. I give this whole run 2 stars out of 5.
Old February 14th, 2013 (07:11 PM).
Wilhelm

Waha! I finished playing Love In The Clouds, so today I spent some time on my solo challenge. I just beat Crusher Wake, so now I have 5 badges. Solo challenges don't really seem to be my cup of tea to be honest, but I will tough it out and complete this challenge! And maybe do it one more time with Nidoking...

Team:

Roronoa (Gallade)
Lvl 46, Jolly
128/131/77/73/123/108
-Psycho Cut
-Drain Punch
-Earthquake
-Leaf Blade
Old February 16th, 2013 (01:43 AM).
GallifreyanGallade
Poké Time Lord

Pokemon: Venusaur
Challenge: Single
Games: Red
Old February 17th, 2013 (02:05 PM).
XavierYT

I guess I'm back with this, don't know if all my posts went anywhere, but I am doing Ultimate, and I have completed 3/5 of my generations. FR, G, and Ruby have been finished, I move on now to Diamond, in which I have already completed most of the game (7/8 badges) Pokemon: Arcanine

After demolishing the 7th gym and seeing my rival, Barry, depressed I believe I heard Mars talk about the Veilstone city HQ, Maybe I should take a trip there and rain on some parades. After reaching the HQ, I find that my investigation needs to be further carried out underground and my main goal is to infiltrate the Team Galactic HQ. Thus, I get lost for at least fifteen minutes thinking I had more work to do when I had finished off the last trainer...

(By the way, the last two games [Diamond and Black] will be on my DS so, I'm gonna have to generate Growlithe onto the next game)

Arcanine's progress:

Name: Brisingr
Level: 58
Nature: Rash
Atk:160
Def:130
Sp.A:167
Sp.D:106
Spe:155
Ability: Intimidate
-Moves-
~Flamethrower
~Crunch
~Flame Wheel
~Take Down
Old February 19th, 2013 (10:45 AM).
Crystal23
Unhatched Egg

Spencer the Scizor Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Fire Red - Completed: 8 of 8 badges obtained, Elite 4 defeated
Crystal - 16 of 16 badges obtained Red defeated
Emerald - 8 of 8 badges obtained, Steven defeated
Diamond - 8 of 8 badges obtained, Elite 4 defeated (moments ago
White 2 - Not Started

I know Scizor isn't challenging at all, that's why I started out with it.
Thanks for keeping track of everything James, I'll have White 2 done soon.
Old February 19th, 2013 (04:09 PM).
Ruki_Kato

Spoiler:
Made my way to Olivine City. I met Clu there, while still a jerk I didn't have to fight him.

Since there was no trainer in the gym I headed to the lighthouse. Took a couple of minutes to figure out how to get to the top. After finding out I needed to get medicine getting down was easy.

I headed east after healing. Seeing the Battle Tower I decide to go take it on, only to find out I can't. I head south instead through the maze of water. After making it to Cianwood I enter the first house I see. Out of terror the guy gives me Shuckie the Shuckle who's stuck post haste into the nearest PC terminal. Although I think I'd try to get my pets back if someone stole them, or at the least called the police.

Took on Gym Muscle with minimal effort, although I did have to go out and heal once. 5/8 badges obtained at this point. After getting the medicine from the pharmacy I swam back to Olivine only to figure out that the Gym Leaders wife has Fly, so I swam back to get that. Tick Tock the Hoot Hoot was taken out for the time being for a fly slave.

Flew back to Olivine and entered the cafe to get strength. After that I headed back up to give the Ampharos medicine. Once completed I headed to the Gym. Seeing as all the other gyms were cake to this point I take on the lone little girl. Much to my horror I die 3 times to her Steelix whom I'm 14 levels higher than at this point. I decide it's time to level a bit.

I swam past Mt. Mortor to Mahogony town to do the Lake of Rage quest line. After an hour of figuring out where to go I enter the house to the secret Rocket Base. Going through was pretty easy and I'm done with it in no time.

At this point I'm a level 52 and I figure I'm more than high enough to ruin the Steelixs day. I was wrong. After two more losses I teach Tron Dynamic Punch. I nearly run out of PP before taking it down. 6/8 obtained and I hate this Gym. On the plus side, Iron Tail, so Tron learns that.

Once that was all done I headed to the Radio Tower in Goldenrod. Had to heal up twice before finishing it due to quickly diminishing PP reserves but all in all, it was no trouble. The stupid button puzzle in the Underground Basement however, got me lost for 4 days. I'll be honest, felt like a noob for not knowing the solution was 3-2-1. Yeah...moving right along. Also took on Clu, his team falls easy.

Got the keycard from the Director in the Basement. I'm sure he'll see himself out somehow. After beating the Executive it seems I've saved the Radio Tower, the Director, and Pokemon. All in a days work. After that I headed to Tin Tower. Suicune was captured after 2 Iron Tails, 1 Poke Ball, and 1 Great Ball. I got lucky and Borealis the Suicune is inducted into the PC of northern lights.

Somewhere along the line I forgot to record my 7th badge. So yeah, I'm at 7/8. I remember the frost gym being pretty easy with the big wooly mamoth taking a few hits to bring down. Also, while at Rage Lake I catch Musashi the Farfetch'd and teach it both Cut and Fly. Tick Tock is stuck back and I've got my team for the rest of the game.

I decided after Suicune to see what I missed in Mt. Mortor. After getting some nice items I head east past Mahogony Town and enter the Ice Caves. All the puzzles are easy and I end up in Black Thorn in no time. After some supplies it's time for gym 8.

Claire's gym shows no challenge as everything but a Dratini and her Kingdra go in one hit. The Dratini I accidentally hit with a Mud Slap (This replaced Dynamic Punch) and got a Dragon Rage to the face. Her Kingdra survived 3 Thunderbolts before biting the dust. Unfortunately she hasn't given me the badge yet so 7/8 still.

All in all I got lost a lot and leveled a ton. Hence the ginormous update.

Tron the Raichu LV: 56
HP: 167
Attack:96
Defense:132
Special Defense: 120
Speed: 142

Mud Slap (Replaced Dynamic Punch)/ Headbutt / Iron Tail / Thunderbolt

Team:
Milo the Psyduck: Rock Smash / Whirlpool / Surf / Flash
Kida the Psyduck: Strength / Waterfall / Disable / Dig
Musashi the Farfetch'd: Peck / Fly / Leer / Cut

Tron the Riachu Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Leaf Green - Completed: 8 of 8 badges obtained, Elite 4 defeated
Crystal - 7 of 8 badges obtained - 0 of 8 badges obtained - Red not defeated
Emerald -
Platinum -
White 2 -
Old February 19th, 2013 (08:29 PM).
XavierYT

I'll keep this update short.

After foiling Team Galactic's plan of creating a new world, I head to Sunyshore City where My favorite Gym leader seems to be Depressed, Is it me or is everyone around me always depressed, You all should try Cymbalta, the TV says it helps lol. Anyway, I show Volkner that there are some tough trainers out there while satisfying his boredom. I make my way to victory road, which I got out of the way in one trip, thank arceus. The Elite 4 seemed to be a little bit more difficult this time around, Maybe it was Big Bertha's Golem that made it more difficult, oh and I can't forget Cynthia's Garchomp that got a Crit earthquake on my poor Wolf/tiger/whatever it is. But all in all, I pulled out of this game satisfied, though I could have done better.

Final Marker for my dear Arcanine:
Name: Brisingr
Nature: Rash
Attack: 192
Defense: 156
Sp. Attack: 200
Sp. Defense: 126
Speed: 186
Moves:
~Flamethrower
~Crunch
~Flame Wheel
~Strength

Onto the next game, Pokemon Black! :D
Old February 20th, 2013 (10:39 AM). Edited February 22nd, 2013 by Eeveelution Co-ordinator.
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Name: Eeveelution Co-Ordinator
Pokemon: Sableye
Games: White 2

White 2:
Old February 22nd, 2013 (02:54 AM).
Punnagg
Advanced Spriter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Punnagg
Name:- Punnagg
Pokemon: Jynx
Games: Gold

Old February 22nd, 2013 (06:39 AM).
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Spoiler:
I was taking a long nice run around Aspertia, when Sableye hatched! we became aquianted, and after a quick stop at the Pokemon Center, we head of on our journey together! On Route 20, we defeated some Purrloins, and sped our way through to Virbank. On arrival, we trained up in the Complex before sweeping Roxie's Gym, and just as we were about to leave, a scout from Pokestar Studios came along and invited me to become an actor! So I'm about to star in my first film, after seeing a, unique production by Roxie's Dad, and Sableye needs a little rest after all the battling he's done s far.

Sableye Lv.19 (Keen Eye) @Pecha Berry
52/39/31/30/34/28
-Thief
-Shadow Claw
-Power Gem
-Confuse Ray

White 2:
Old February 22nd, 2013 (07:10 AM).
KoboraX
Grand Master of Themed Teams

Nature: Relaxed
Ok, so after watching that episode of the Pokemon anime when that Bellsprout nearly sweeps Ash's team, I decided to be a bit random and start a LeafGreen solo with Bellsprout. Of course, I can't evolve it, so I'll just have to hack it in early with an Everstone just so I don't accidently evolve it by not hitting the B button. Meh, worth a shot.

Name: KoboraX
Pokemon: Bellsprout
Game: LeafGreen

Luvdisc Solo x4
FireRed 3/8 - Ruby - Platinum - White 2
Omastar Solo - FireRed 0/8
Armaldo Solo - Emerald 0/8
Furret Solo - Silver 0/8
Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke - 0/8
Old February 22nd, 2013 (09:55 AM).
Punnagg