Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation
Reload this Page 4th Generation: The Official 4th Gen Shiny Thread [v2.0]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Old February 9th, 2013 (01:45 AM). Edited February 10th, 2013 by curiousnathan.
satisfaction brought it back
ModeratorCS

Nature: Adamant

You can find the old thread here.

Discuss what shiny Pokemon you have/are trying to get and so forth in HGSS/DPPt here! Feel free to recount your experiences, your reaction to finding what - may have well been your first or one of numerous - shiny Pokemon, any unlucky encounters etc.

If you'd like more information on shiny Pokemon why not check out some of these links?
  1. Serebii's overview of Shiny Pokemon
  2. Bulbapedia's overview of Shiny Pokemon
  3. The Pokecommunity's 4th Gen FAQ
If there are any helpful links you may have, and think should be added to the list, feel free to post them in this thread.

Gogogo!

Old February 10th, 2013 (01:41 PM).

I was going to do some grinding in Slowpoke Well to try and get my Beldum to evolve so I could take on my rival before I left Azalea Town. The FIRST step I take into it I get a random encounter. I look away and I assume it was going to be a measly Zubat. But it WAS! It was a shiny Zubat! My first ever shiny Pokemon! :D
Old February 10th, 2013 (01:53 PM).

Nature: Careful
!!!!! Wicked. Isn't that like 1% chance of getting that? I'm gonna try hanging in the well some time in my HG.
Old February 10th, 2013 (01:58 PM).
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Dradier234:
!!!!! Wicked. Isn't that like 1% chance of getting that? I'm gonna try hanging in the well some time in my HG.
actually 1% would be 1 in 100, its 1 in around 8000 or 0.000125% chance so he's even luckier! congrats!

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 10th, 2013 (02:02 PM).
PONPONPON
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Dradier234:
Actually you have a 1 in 8192 chance, which is a 0.01% chance to encounter a shiny.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old February 10th, 2013 (02:03 PM).
Not an old man. x]

Nice job! My first shiny was something like a Bidoof which was stolen. But then the net damn Bidoof I saw was shiny! x]
Old February 10th, 2013 (02:10 PM).
....'-'.

Nature: Bold
Congratulations!
Shiny Zubat is a really awesome pokémon! x) (Trough I don't think shiny crobat is cool)
My first shiny ever was a Wingull heheh!
Old February 10th, 2013 (02:11 PM).

Hehe, thanks! I had a heart attack when I saw it! I love the green colour of it. :3
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:41 PM).
That One Guy

Nature: Quiet
That's awesome! Makes me think of the shiny Golbat I found on Firered a while back.
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:50 PM).
....'-'.

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by dan0314:
Hehe, thanks! I had a heart attack when I saw it! I love the green colour of it. :3
Hahah, The same thing happened to me! I never trought I could ever find a shiny Pokémon (When it comes to luck, I'm very bad. xD) and when I did, I was like "OMG OMG OMG POKEBALLZ WHERE ARE DA POKEBALLZ".
Old February 10th, 2013 (10:01 PM).
get to heaven
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
YAY FIRST POST IN THE NEW THREAD

I've actually owned 4 different legit Shiny Pokemon, aside from Red Gyarados. And they covered 2 different 4th Gen games I played.

On my brother's copy of Diamond, I have 3 shinies - a Budew, Graveler and U-Form Unown. I also have another shiny Graveler on my SoulSilver, as well as a Farfetch'd and the Red Gyarados. All are male except the Unown.

Since I'm busy with Black 2, I haven't got any plans to find more shinies in my SoulSilver, Pearl and Platinum yet but if I do, I'll be sure to share them here!

tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs | ask me
adoption center mentor | fairy club | water club

Old February 11th, 2013 (05:54 AM).
going ham since 93'

Nature: Lax
I found a shiny Sentret (Now Furret) the 2nd time I ran through Route 29, and I done the repel trick for a Shiny Raikou on Route 43. (All on HG)

http://www.youtube.com/YZMTMusic

I remix songs and whatnot. :3
Old February 11th, 2013 (08:27 PM). Edited February 11th, 2013 by Rainbow Arcanine.
now known as aslan
Gold Tier

Nature: Jolly
All these lucky people ;-;. For me I've seen one shiny other than the Red Gyarados found in the Lake of Rage, although I didn't manage to catch it :<. It was in Platinum, when I was around 8 or 9 when I was horrible at the game. I'm not even kidding :(, I taught my starter Cut and Rock Smash, went through the game with two Pokemon and somehow miraculously finished. Giratina saved me ;P. But that was ages ago, since then I've started a new file fresh and am much better at the game! :D.

Back to the point, it was in Iron Island I saw my first shiny ever,a shiny Graveler :D. It could of been worse honestly, so I was happy :3. Although at the time I never heard how rare shinies were, the 1 in 8192 encounter rate, so I just stared at it for a moment and thought this must be some cool thing they threw in the game. So I sent out my Empoleon, (yeah that was a silly decision, but I was 8 forgive me ;;;;). I thought Surf wouldn't do much damage, (oh god I was wrong completely ):.) and it instantly KOed along with a critical. At the time I was a little upset, but now I look back on it instead of being angry I'm actually laughing my head off about it, how silly I was at the time.

It is a little upsetting my first shiny couldn't be captured, but I'm pleased I actually got to see one and I can always use the Pokeradar, so I might be able to see some sparkle again. <3. But I'm horrible at chaining so I have no clue if that would ever happen ;-;, other than that, that was my tale of my first shiny encounter. :D

And also that's amazing Yiazmat <3. I've always dreamed of getting either a shiny legendary or starter and you got my favourite beast Raikou :3. I'm jelly ;;;, haha. But there's actually a method :o? I actually honestly thought getting a shiny was either RNG or luck honestly :x. And ooo a Shiny Sentret, I actually love Sentret although it's one of the weaker Pokemon :<. So you're a lucky one <3, along with the rest of you who've managed to catch one. :D

Old February 12th, 2013 (07:20 AM).
Angeline plushxKikaito plush

Nature: Naughty
I have only hatched a shiny Vulpix in soulsilver in my file part from that nothing.
Old February 12th, 2013 (07:30 AM).
Spirit of Azelf

Quote originally posted by Hikari10:

On my brother's copy of Diamond, I have 3 shinies - a Budew, Graveler and U-Form Unown. I also have another shiny Graveler on my SoulSilver, as well as a Farfetch'd and the Red Gyarados. All are male except the Unown.
correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was only possible to get I and V form Unknowns shiny?
Old February 12th, 2013 (08:38 PM).
get to heaven
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Floodblade1234:
correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was only possible to get I and V form Unknowns shiny?
No, you can get all forms of Unown as a Shiny.

My U Form Unown in Diamond is totally legit.

tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs | ask me
adoption center mentor | fairy club | water club

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)