The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 4th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Sydian
I don't like frogs.

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
You can't RNG eggs in BW2 either, from what I understand.

paired to crono
Old February 4th, 2013, 11:43 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
So me using a copy of Black 2 to do whatever isn't going to help much?

Because from what I tried, everything went through fine and dandy but no results came up.

Oh and btw I'm on a mac so that's another thing. does ppppppppprng or whatever work just like the other one?

Old February 5th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
You can still do capture RNG on B2W2 but not breeding. PPRNG from what I heard is a lot simpler to use than RNG reporter. I don't actually know since I don't have a Mac but that's what I heard... from Mac. Heh!

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old February 5th, 2013, 08:01 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Well damn there goes that grovyle

But my question…why isn't my pprng returning any values? I don't think that's supposed to happen lol

And just to make sure, the IV "range" is the possible IVs, or what?

Old February 5th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Sydian
I don't like frogs.

I use PPRNG and trust me, it's fierce and much better than RNG Reporter. I thought I wasn't gonna like it, but I was wrong.

What do you mean IV range? Perhaps you could screenshot and point out what you're talking about. Do you mean that thing that's automatically at 8? If that's what you're talking about, just leave it at 8 and don't pay attention to it. lol

paired to crono
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I use PPRNG and trust me, it's fierce and much better than RNG Reporter. I thought I wasn't gonna like it, but I was wrong.

What do you mean IV range? Perhaps you could screenshot and point out what you're talking about. Do you mean that thing that's automatically at 8? If that's what you're talking about, just leave it at 8 and don't pay attention to it. lol
Definitely true. PPRNG is a superior program and much more intuitive. It just plain runs better as well.. and with the seed cache, finding BW1 egg seeds is so much faster.
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:20 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Quote:

The default "0-31" things on the bottom. I'll provide a screenshot when I have a chance.

Old February 5th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
The default "0-31" things on the bottom. I'll provide a screenshot when I have a chance.
31 is the highest IV while 0 is the lowest. Select what you want. Top is minimum, bottom is max.
Old February 5th, 2013, 06:29 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
31 is the highest IV while 0 is the lowest. Select what you want. Top is minimum, bottom is max.
Yes, but whenever I set them, the result is either more than a thousand or none at all.

Old February 5th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Sydian
I don't like frogs.

You're getting no results when you search for a flawless? Hm. Considering it's wild encounters, I'm sure it's a bit more difficult to find what you're looking for as flawless. I haven't RNG'd BW2 yet and definitely haven't RNG'd a wild encounter with PPRNG since I've had it, but I can tell you that it is more difficult to find a seed for a wild encounter than it would take for an egg.

Maybe change the IV range? What exactly are you trying to RNG anyway? If it's something like Petilil, or anything else that's a special sweeper, try searching "special flawless" and that should get you some results.

1000 results is pretty good though idk why you say that like it's a bad thing! :P

paired to crono
Old February 5th, 2013, 06:41 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Quote:
You're getting no results when you search for a flawless? Hm. Considering it's wild encounters, I'm sure it's a bit more difficult to find what you're looking for as flawless. I haven't RNG'd BW2 yet and definitely haven't RNG'd a wild encounter with PPRNG since I've had it, but I can tell you that it is more difficult to find a seed for a wild encounter than it would take for an egg.

Maybe change the IV range? What exactly are you trying to RNG anyway? If it's something like Petilil, or anything else that's a special sweeper, try searching "special flawless" and that should get you some results.

1000 results is pretty good though idk why you say that like it's a bad thing! :P
Oh maybe I should clarify. The parameters setting.

I'm stuck on the very first section.

Lol

Old February 5th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Sydian
I don't like frogs.

Oh! See that helps a lot haha. I thought you were searching for seeds already.

I myself haven't done parameters on PPRNG yet, so I can't really help much. It's been a long time since I've done them as well. Okay, now that I know it's parameters though, I know what you're talking about with IV range. When you catch that random wild Pokemon, you have to use an IV calculator to figure up its IVs and that's what goes in the IV range thing.

Say I caught a Boldore and used the IV calculator and it came up 1-5 IVs in HP, 24-30 for attack, etc, you put in that range in that IV range area. So I'd put 1 as min and 5 as max in the HP slot, and so on and so forth. That make sense? I have PPRNG open so I can look at it and help more if need be. :)

paired to crono
Old February 5th, 2013, 07:04 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Oh okay so I was doing it right.

But then I clicked "search" and it completed the search, and it either ends up blank or it gives me an error that says "thin down the IVs you dummy", which is honestly the only two results I can get from it.

Old February 5th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Sydian
I don't like frogs.

If it ends up with no result, I'd just try again. What calculator are you using?

paired to crono
Old February 5th, 2013, 07:13 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

I'm using the serebii.net one. It should be reliable enough, right?

Old February 5th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Omicron
I ain't your buddy! Go away!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Well, personally I use Metalkid's IV calculator. You might try using it. I've found it very accurate.
Old February 5th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Sydian
I don't like frogs.

I've heard it is, but back when I got my parameters, I used the calculator that RNG Reporter had. Does PPRNG not offer one?

paired to crono
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:12 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote:
I'd use MetalKids IV Calculator like Omicron sugested. The Serebii one is terribly inaccurate.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omicron View Post
Well, personally I use Metalkid's IV calculator. You might try using it. I've found it very accurate.
Definitely a great IV calculator right there.

Quote:
I've heard it is, but back when I got my parameters, I used the calculator that RNG Reporter had. Does PPRNG not offer one?
Not that I've found.
Old February 9th, 2013, 12:40 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Okay, so everything is in order now.

Quote:
23f3d5c35fb6089b 12:04:01 (+1s) 1104 82 6
cf5be4cfbc17eeai 12:08:31 (+1s) 1105 82 6
27d89023125f605e 12:13:46 (+1s) 1105 82 6
However, I have no idea what to do with this information, even though I've tried to decode the cryptic instructions.

(Maybe try to make it noob-friendly?)

Old February 9th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Okay, so everything is in order now.

However, I have no idea what to do with this information, even though I've tried to decode the cryptic instructions.

(Maybe try to make it noob-friendly?)
For B2W2, you need to do at least ten calibrations due to the multiple timer0s. You then input that information in your configuration.
Old February 10th, 2013, 02:20 PM
lifeburst
ROAR OF TIME

Hopefully I'm asking in the right place. I just did my parameters and RNG reporter under my profile it says my timer0 min is C7E and my max timer0 is C7E, is there something to be concerned about, or does it just mean I won't get timer0 trolled? I'm using a DS lite and a retail copy of White, if it matters. I had repel on when I did my parameters but I did do Sweet Scent in the last room of Victory Road immediatly after loading the game.
Old February 10th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
No, that's normal. Did you do the parameters thing a couple of times? What you wanna do is do the parameters and see which timer0 pops up most frequently. The most frequent one is the one you're gonna want to try hitting once you start to RNG.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old February 10th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeburst View Post
Hopefully I'm asking in the right place. I just did my parameters and RNG reporter under my profile it says my timer0 min is C7E and my max timer0 is C7E, is there something to be concerned about, or does it just mean I won't get timer0 trolled? I'm using a DS lite and a retail copy of White, if it matters. I had repel on when I did my parameters but I did do Sweet Scent in the last room of Victory Road immediatly after loading the game.
Don't worry, you won't be trolled too much by t0 in White. Possible t0s you'll be getting is C7E + or - 1 (C7D or C7F, but I haven't seen C7D pop-up yet). Just stick to the t0 that you've been getting most of the time.
Old February 10th, 2013, 04:32 PM
lifeburst
ROAR OF TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
No, that's normal. Did you do the parameters thing a couple of times? What you wanna do is do the parameters and see which timer0 pops up most frequently. The most frequent one is the one you're gonna want to try hitting once you start to RNG.
Thanks Griffin and Musica, after doing what you guys said I found out it was C7E-C7F, and about 70% of the time I got C7E thanks.

Last edited by lifeburst; February 11th, 2013 at 04:37 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here