The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 9th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Thanks for the output, its basically what I was thinking. Also gonna find what other games this place has, cause once I get more money I'm definitely gonna gobble up some more, SCIII and TDU being the must buys at the moment.
Old February 9th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
So if my iPod Touch gets fixed, I might get my Japanese Pocket Monsters GSC batteries replaced next week.

btw are there any good free games for the iOS I can look out for?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:02 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Oh God, I just finished The DIG, but listening to the music makes me want to play it again.
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:21 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
If any of you like Action Platformers, I HIGHLY recommend that you check out Takkoman. It is one of the best of them that I've ever played, and it's a great way to waste a few hours.
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:44 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Welp, just finished Pokemon Black...time to play HeartGold. Probably gonna have a monopoison team!
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

That sounds kinda difficult. I feel like Poison-types aren't very strong in general, are they?
PM
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:50 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Poison-types have been the most whipped Pokemon type since day one.
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:55 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
That sounds kinda difficult. I feel like Poison-types aren't very strong in general, are they?
They're a decent defensive type but they're crap at offense. Carchar's right; it's the type that's gotten the shaft more often than not.

Which is precisely why I wanna go monopoison or mostly poison~
Old February 9th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

I haven't used the PokeWalker with my Japanese Heart Gold in forever and a day. I should totally use it again sometime soon.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Hurr perhaps we should move away from the Pokemon game talk since there is a forum dedicated to that.

Anywho, how many of you are PC gamers? It feels weird moving away from Xbox; since I sold my Xbox to fund my gaming PC. Guess it worked out for the best, since I have amazing quality and can play so many more different games. You can actually be a couch potato and buy direct download games. And because of Steam & Origin, so many games to play.
Old February 10th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Spinosaurus

It's really strange. I hated Street Fighter x Tekken when it was first out (biggest disappointment of all time), but after the 2013 update I feel...obliged to try it again. It looks much better and they fixed a lot of issues that plagued the game back when it launched. There's still DLC characters issues (I am NOT gonna pay 15 euro just to play Dudley since I don't care about the other characters) and Gems, but I can leave them aside for now.

I love Street Fighter and I love Tekken, so I think I should give this game another chance. I heard the game is at least fun now, so... I might rebuy the game later down the road.
Since Bison probably still sucks ass and not as fun as he is in other SF games, I'll probably go with a Balrog/Dudley team. Boxers represent!

Steve Fox can suck it in this game though. His way complicated and out of this world boxing style is way more fitting in Tekekn anyway.

Now that I think about it this game has the most boxers in any main fighting game.

EDIT: Though, on what platform should I rebuy the game? I originally had it on Xbox 360 (and I have the DLC gems), but PS3 has exclusives Sony characters (they all suck though. Cole :(( ), and the Vita version has the DLC characters unlocked already, but I want to play fighting games with arcade sticks. PC sounds like the best and cheapest option but all I have is a laptop that doesn't run games very well....I think? (Never tried!)

Last edited by Spinosaurus; February 10th, 2013 at 03:56 AM.
Old February 10th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Mostly PC over here. Going with PC+Wii+DS last gen was perfect, and I'm gonna roll with it for a while. Missing out on some of the exclusives suck as I mentioned earlier in the thread, but its fine when you not only have all of the major releases to play, but an entire back catalog of over 15 years. I love buying PC Master over here, cause each month you get a free PC game with the magazine, and in so far I've gotten stuff like Serious Sam 1&2, Quake, MDK, Deus Ex, Morrowind, and god knows how many more classic games.
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Yeah, I think there are some magazines/websites that give free games for PC from time to time. There's always a sale going on somewhere, be it Steam or Humble Bundle etc. The PC itself might come quite expensive, but the games you can get, the prices...it just all adds up to a massive smile on your face.
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Yep, I'd rather pay 1500 euros to build a monster rig that's gonna last me ages then buy a 500 euro console that might get some usage from me, but would be useless come next iteration. That's the one thing I like about the WiiU/3DS complete BC, and if you have a Wii you have even more BC with the gamecube.
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Plus, you can build your own computer, customize it as much as you want. PC offers a lot more than the Xbox and Playstation consoles, but that's just my opinion. When I was an active Xbox player, I would say that it was better than anything else. But now that I have experience with pretty much every console, I prefer the PC the most by far. No troubles. Games run perfectly, connection is ace, have a few controllers I can use, several games and spare money to spend; completely set. There are great games out there for less than a tenner: The Binding of Isaac, Garry's Mod, Terraria, Half-Life 1/2, Fallout: New Vegas and the list goes on (those prices are based on Steam). I don't think there is a time soon where I will sell my gaming PC or stop PC gaming at all.
Old February 10th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Axeliira
the wants what it wants

I'm leaning towards PC gaming here since its much easier and worth buying rather than a console. I have an xbox sitting there gathering dust because Im currently upgrading my desktop. So not only i can browse, I can finally play minecraft play those pc games I never got to play before.
11/21/2014 / Staff Collab 2014
Old February 10th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

It's convenient to be able to have multiple screens here anyway so I can play and also talk on PC and whatnot. I know I could've done this with my Xbox previously, but I already had a computer and there would've been too many wires. It's just awesome. Being a PC gamer, I can't find much flaws, and I won't have to keep changing everything on my computer. Can't get hacked, data is safe and I have never picked up a virus before. I've had a PC for, what...6 years? And I've never got a virus. In 4 years I managed to RRoD's on the Xbox
Old February 10th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

I just got my Xbox going last summer, but I can't play PC games as it's just not strong enough to handle anything. I also have my 3DS and Wii, as well as an array of Gameboys, so I have plenty to choose from.

Last edited by Team Fail; February 10th, 2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: I MISSED MY PERIOD
Old February 10th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Axeliira
the wants what it wants

I refuse to buy a separate wireless adapter for my xbox, which is around 30 bucks to shell out. Another reason why I want to try out pc gaming.

You know...having a dual monitor isnt that bad of an idea. multitasking power!

I still have my nintendo 64 laying around. I need to find a missing part for it which i believe I'll be able to find on ebay.
11/21/2014 / Staff Collab 2014
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Loving my PC at the moment, nothing I can fault. Xbox was great and all, but PC has the whole package. PC just seems so diverse; there is nothing you can't really do. Only console where Skyrim, Minecraft etc. mods are available and some of the greatest games are only available on PC. Don't wanna start a heated discussion so just gonna stop going on about the amazingness that is the PC.

Yay for old consoles! I need to go out to Cex (Pre-owned electronics store in England) and pick myself up some of the old consoles, have no idea why I sold my 64. Will see what games I can pick up with a £30 budget sometime next week.
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Spinosaurus

Eh. Call me crazy but I can do with Wii/Wii U/DS/3DS alone for next gen. (I also missed out on a lot of PS1 and PS3 games so having a Vita/PS3 helps.)
With the Nintendo consoles I literally have all the previous and current gen Nintendo library + anything else noteworthy on the virtual console.

I'll be frank but I'm not gonna get a PS4/Nextbox/PC most likely. My interest in modern gaming is as good as dead at this point, so I'm really only into niche or retro games these days.

Oh, though I might get a next gen console just for fighting games. They're the only reason I even play my 360 these days aside from Halo 3. Damn fighting games.

Last edited by Spinosaurus; February 10th, 2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old February 10th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
I refuse to buy a separate wireless adapter for my xbox, which is around 30 bucks to shell out. Another reason why I want to try out pc gaming.

You know...having a dual monitor isnt that bad of an idea. multitasking power!

I still have my nintendo 64 laying around. I need to find a missing part for it which i believe I'll be able to find on ebay.
Dang. They're $60 here. I just took an ethernet cord and strung it across the apartment through the radiators. I barely managed it. But at least I have a faster connection than wireless will provide.

Old February 10th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Yeah, I understand you, Spino. I'd be set with Nintendo consoles for a long time if I had the games. Haven't really played any classics recently, but about to.

But I always like to keep up with the recent games, doesn't feel right if I don't...
Old February 10th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Spinosaurus

It's understandable if you're proud to be part of the Video Games industry, but alas my interest in this hobby is weakening the more I grow up, and thus it's why I lean to the more casual, arcade-y or classic games. It does make me way more appreciative to certain games though. (Rhythm Heaven Fever being a big one.)

Dammit, that makes me sound like an old geezer when I'm only 16.
Old February 10th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Since we're still on the topic, I have to say that having a PC feels more right then anything, because after experiencing the best the PS2/Xbox generation can offer, I just bought a PS2 a couple of years ago and I'm only 20 games of like 60-70, I feel like there is no justification for the current state of gaming, and I feel more in tune with why a lot of people will go for PC instead of the next consoles. Bar the racing genre which is a beast of a genre compared to last gen, there is no genre out there that has otherwise evolved, perhaps maybe sandbox games. Everything was basically perfected on the PS2 if you go by all the other genres that are for this gen. RPGs? PS2 easily has the best of all time, alongside the DS. Action/Adventure? Beyond good and Evil, DMC3, The Jak trilogy, the Sly Trilogy, Maximo, Rygar, etc all were shining examples. Shooters? Well this gen certainly did have a lot of em, but did they really go far? I mean seriously, you had Psy-ops, Timesplitters, all those bond games, Black which was MW before MW, Syphon Filter, etc. Horror is as good as dead on consoles, with indie PC efforts making more splashes. I truly do not want to buy any console other then Nintendo's own from here on out, not because it would be cheaper as I was considering in 2006, but cause there's no reason too, as of now, when I see why so many were disappointed with the consoles. Sure things picked up, but they picked up too slowly for many, and next gen is going to continue with this subpar route for god knows how long.

Sponsored Links