The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old February 6th, 2013, 11:31 PM
harlchen
Booted out - don't be like me!

Do you like Sword Art Online?

Last edited by Solace; February 7th, 2013 at 04:49 AM.
Old February 8th, 2013, 04:03 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky
I liked Sword Art: Online a lot to the extent that it was once my favourite anime, but as anyone who's watched it will know there's a huge change halfway through the season which... kind of threw me haha. It's hard to write much more without spoiling the big moment for anyone who's yet to reach that point, but basically I think they could've stretched the story out a lot more with it still being incredibly watchable. I just feel like the whole of the first half of the series was... a little wasted? It's all leading up to this huge dramatic point and then
Spoiler:
they skip out the last quarter of the 100 floors of Aincrad and no one even wins the final boss battle properly! Although the twist with whom the boss actually is was a wonderful surprise.
I just think it would have been a lot more enjoyable if it wasn't so rushed, it feels like they could have easily spent a lot more time on the 60 or so floors that they skipped over.
Old February 9th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
@AOC: I believe the last 25 floors weren't shown because of game that is about to be released and which starts at 75th floor of Aincrad.
Old February 9th, 2013, 02:28 AM
-Lapras-
ha ha, charade you are

Nature: Gentle
One of the most boring anime series I've had the displeasure of sitting through.

MALDLTMS0FITBAWBADTASTE
Old February 9th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
@AOC: I believe the last 25 floors weren't shown because of game that is about to be released and which starts at 75th floor of Aincrad.
Wait wait wait what, what's this? :o Do you have any more info/news?
Old February 9th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Tackle
Pancham

Nature: Timid
Why don't? Sword Art Online is very awesome, the plot is interesting.
But I don't like ALO arc, because players needn't to fight for their life like SAO.

But I like Sword Art Online anyways. Waiting for GGO.

Feel free to VM / PM me, I'll be sure to reply your messages!

Paired with ForeverDash, MidnightShine, Shadowraze, Daniel Evans and Hoenn.

Also known as Clown of Hearts.

Join Castelia City Forums now!

Old February 9th, 2013, 09:02 AM
ChocolateCrunch
Not an old man. x]

I never really watched it, but when I did it was pretty good!
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Wait wait wait what, what's this? :o Do you have any more info/news?
About what? About my idea or about the game?
As I said, it's just my thought =) It might not be true =)
They might have wanted to go to Sister Affection Online as soon as possible and that's why they scrapped the last floors of Aincrad in anime.
As for the game. You may find trailers on YouTube and info on AnimeNewsNetwork.
It's about to be released soon on PSP =)
Old February 10th, 2013, 04:38 AM
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ZetaZaku Send a message via Skype™ to ZetaZaku
Watched it while it was still airing. It looked really interesting and I looked forward to it. For some reason, some people I know were bashing it like it was the worst thing ever made, while the majority hyped it as the best animated series ever made. Thus instead of waiting for it to finish, I watched the first ~8 episodes that were out at the time and... I really didn't get the hype. It did start out strong with lots of potential (first episode only). But they blew it all with the completely irrelevant side stories. After that mess of around 6-7 episodes (especially the episodes with that mystery), they couldn't fix it anymore. The rest of the Aincard arc was so rushed, that most of the development happened offscreen. That's NOT the right way to do that. You can't just say that they knew each other for two years so they are really close, if they only met couple of times onscreen. The playing family with a random child was also terrible. At least the first antagonist was a little interesting, compared to the terrible second one. The antagonist from the second arc was the worst villain ever made. I'm talking about bad as badly written. But since the whole second arc was a mess, you can't expect a good villain heh.

In other words, I hated it and it's the worst anime I ever watched. And I've seen some bad shows.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaZaku View Post
The antagonist from the second arc was the worst villain ever made. I'm talking about bad as badly written. But since the whole second arc was a mess, you can't expect a good villain heh.
He played on being bastard... that's something Reki likes to put into his works
It was similar to the main antagonist in Accel World.
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:17 AM
-Lapras-
ha ha, charade you are

Oh wow, as if I needed another reason not to watch Accel World.

MALDLTMS0FITBAWBADTASTE
Old February 11th, 2013, 05:13 AM
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ZetaZaku Send a message via Skype™ to ZetaZaku
@Ash493 That guy from Accel World is an improvement over the guy from SAO. This one's just badly written and as cliche as he could get.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:28 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I found the show to be really interesting at first, just because I liked the pretense. And then I found the show to be pretty good, and I enjoyed it more because it was fun than it was a super great show. But I enjoyed it while it lasted, and will probably watch the next arc. The second villain was a weirdo/was a weird villain. I never really understood his motives not gonna lie. Actually I never really got the first villain's motives either. Hmm.
Old February 21st, 2013, 02:50 PM
PsytronicX
C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

SAO was great overall, with the first half being fantastic and spectacular, then the second half kind of not fulfilling expectations compared to it. Either way, the ALO arc was still awesome.

3ds FC:
4811 7019 8489

Pokémon Diamond FC:
1980-0472-3979

Old February 27th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
Spoilers aside, most people hate SOA because of the second season and beyond. I believe there's nothing wrong with it. It's just different, and there's nothing wrong with that. Overall the show is great, it's a unique idea, and it has a great plot. The pretense is very enjoyable also as Golurk said.

Old February 27th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Hikamaru
ヒカマル

I've never watched this series yet, but based on pics I saw it looks awesome. Asuna even became one of my new fave anime characters, I do tend to love a lot of female anime characters (and a few male ones too!) not to mention Asuna looks so much like me with that hair.

The story and concept is nice, but I feel like there are too many females on the main cast (the only main male is apparently Kirito) did annoy me a bit, but when I get the time I should check this series out.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old February 27th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I've never watched this series yet, but based on pics I saw it looks awesome. Asuna even became one of my new fave anime characters, I do tend to love a lot of female anime characters (and a few male ones too!) not to mention Asuna looks so much like me with that hair.

The story and concept is nice, but I feel like there are too many females on the main cast (the only main male is apparently Kirito) did annoy me a bit, but when I get the time I should check this series out.
Birito (Beater Kirito) is typical OP character so he's bound to have harem =)
Otherwise it wouldn't be mainstream
Old February 27th, 2013, 11:16 AM
-Lapras-
ha ha, charade you are

There are plenty of mainstream shows that aren't mindless harem**** with pathetic excuses for characters. As a fan of some of those shows that last post offends me.

MALDLTMS0FITBAWBADTASTE
Old March 3rd, 2013, 03:56 PM
WogCA
Unhatched Egg

I want another season, it was pretty good.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:24 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by WogCA View Post
I want another season, it was pretty good.
You can read novel
Even though I pretty much presume that the second season will eventually come, you can still read the novel
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:28 PM
Aslan
B.A.M.F

Nature: Relaxed
I like Sword Art Online, although I haven't been watching too many episodes lately. I've watched the first ten and the concept of it was amazing. The characters were also well thought-out, I didn't particularly like Asuna at first but now she's one of my favourites! Also some of the monsters they fight are quite interesting but I feel sometimes they sort of rush the series. I know they can't do every floor but they make huge leaps and it was sort of irritating honestly :x. Other than that it's probably one of the most wonderful animes I've seen and I'd definitely recommend you watch it, if you haven't already. :3
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links