The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Pokemon X 153 34.85%
Pokemon Y 194 44.19%
Both 92 20.96%
Voters: 439. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:13 PM
jov0006
Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!

Nature: Modest
I was reading random poems by Jean de la Fontaine when I encountered one called: 'The Stag Who Saw Himself In a Reflection'. Anyhow, it looked a lot like Xerneas so i thought that maybe pokemon based xerneas of a french stag?

Then I found this on the net:

Participating in the following Roleplays:

Click on the images to see SUs

Old January 28th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I think maybe they took the stag as the physical basis of the design, but then obviously stags aren't blue with rainbow dots, so they probably took another element from somewhere else and combined the two.

SHOWDOWNGALLERYANIMEPAIR

Old January 28th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Forever
let it go

Or the blue could just be their own creativity, or to represent Sapphire (aka what'll likely follow after these games - it's how I took it at least :x)
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

I prefer Xerneas more but I'm really liking Yveltal more and more :3 I thought he looked weird on the trailer but on the other pic he looks really cool.
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:47 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Xerneas is the 4 stags of yggdrasil in one.

Thats why it has 4 antlers with a colour each.
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

About the types: What would you think their types would be? Judging from Yveltal's name origins, it is most likely to be part Dark type, but its just an assumption. Xerneos could be a Psychic type, he looks like he could be, but it is also an assumption.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I know that a lot of people are keen on the Norse Mythology theory, but today in my Survey of Asian Art class my professor told us about this...sort of judge-like forest spirit (he compared it to the forest guardian in Princess Mononoke) with very long horns, large eyes that could perhaps see the future, a long neck, and, in his own words, "legs and hooves planted firmly on the ground." What this creature did was change color if you were brought before it, and the color would be indicative if you were guilty or innocent of a crime.

I didn't have the opportunity to ask him if there was some sort of "winged counterpart," or even for the name of the forest creature, but it instantly reminded me of Xerneas with its long legs and neck, multi-colored antlers, and eyes bearing an X. So perhaps these legendaries are based more on Asian mythology, or maybe even show influences from Asian and Norse myths.

If anything, his lecture has made me think Xerneas has a pretty good chance of being Grass-type x3
Old January 30th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Leafstar of Skyclan
Hesston's PokemonCard Champion

Nature: Bold
Those legendaries looked cool but nothingness this dialga from explorers of sky

Proud Supporter of PKMN R.D. series and pokemon Snakewood

Last edited by Leafstar of Skyclan; January 30th, 2013 at 01:05 PM. Reason: derpy auto correct
Old January 30th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Mixae
Unhatched Egg

I'll most likely pick the X one, but I have to know that game differences first.

Old January 30th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafstar of Skyclan View Post
Those legendaries looked cool but nothingness this dialga from explorers of sky
Nah Sinnoh legendaries were boring, these ones have much more exciting designs imo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixae View Post
I'll most likely pick the X one, but I have to know that game differences first.
So you like Xerneas? What if Yveltal had... an awesome ability, much more awesome than Xerneas', would it make you prefer that? ;)
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:33 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Nah Sinnoh legendaries were boring, these ones have much more exciting designs imo!

So you like Xerneas? What if Yveltal had... an awesome ability, much more awesome than Xerneas', would it make you prefer that?
How...how dare you Sinnoh's were...okay they were kind of dull now that I think about it. However Generation 3 had better legends, jk...or am I...

Anyways Hopefully they don't keep us waiting for the types for two months or more like they did with the "secret" of Kyurem's ice.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
How...how dare you Sinnoh's were...okay they were kind of dull now that I think about it. However Generation 3 had better legends, jk...or am I...

Anyways Hopefully they don't keep us waiting for the types for two months or more like they did with the "secret" of Kyurem's ice.
You are joking - they suck ;)

Hmmm we also didn't get Zekrom/Reshiram's typings til a few months later (which was around.. two?) and by that point people kind of forgot about caring, iirc. Sooo hopefully not that long.
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:16 AM
Ptzery
Skitty trainer

Nature: Careful

Yeah, Xerneas has the best design of any pokemon I've seen so far. Yveltal is Ok, but I'm gonna get X. Also, I heard this from a friend so this may not be 100% accurate, apparently GameFreak likes X more than Y. But yeah, Xerneas is quite an amazing pokemon. And I can see it beating up Yveltal right now.
Of course, you can ask me stuff, but I won't usually know the answer
You like my signature? If you do, I owe you 100 bucks. Just messing with ya!
Oh yeah, I have super pokemon rumble too. All of you guys are awesome
Skitty smiley!
Old January 31st, 2013, 02:53 AM
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f

Nature: Naive
Both look great. Especially how in a certain pose, their bodies look like an X and a Y. So I really can't choose between these two epics; both look awesome.
Old January 31st, 2013, 04:01 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
You are joking - they suck ;)

Hmmm we also didn't get Zekrom/Reshiram's typings til a few months later (which was around.. two?) and by that point people kind of forgot about caring, iirc. Sooo hopefully not that long.
Child, please. u_u

Personally, I don't think we've had legendary mascots this interesting since Gen III. As cool looking as Dialga / Palkia / Giratina and Reshiram / Zekrom / Kyurem may be, they don't look all that much different from one another. They each have similar designs and body structures it doesn't really make any of them stand out more than the other - except, okay, I really don't like Palkia to be honest.

So as cool as they are, there just isn't much variety between the Gen IV or V mascots. Even their typing are practically shared.

Whereas with the Hoenn mascots, they're each different. Other than a similar ancient pattern printed upon their bodies, they each look completely different and unique from one another. That's why I think Xerneas and Yveltal have been the best mascots [in my opinion] since Gen III, because of how different they are to each other. It makes them both stand out on their own right.

Plus it does help that they do look pretty darn awesome.
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
That player art looks fake.

I'm not buying it. Yveltal is surely part flying, else it flying around is just ridiculous.
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Forever
let it go

Hmmm so, we think the leak is most likely fake, but nevertheless!

Spoiler:

According to this Yveltal is dark/dragon. How would you guys feel about it if it were true? And how likely do you think it is? etc.
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:36 PM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
If this is confirmed true than I'm not really a fan of the protagonist artwork. It doesn't seem like Sugimori's style to me. Or the fact that Yveltal is yet another legendary mascot to be part Dragon. Though if it's really part Dark, then that would be awesome.

However, I've also haven't seen anything on Serebii or other Pokemon fansites about it being official. I heard Serebii posted about but then took it down cause there was no official source. So until there's an official source that this is real than I won't say it's 100% confirmed.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Its hard to tell. The Art style seems close to the style in B2W2. As for Yveltal...doesn't really scream Dragon, though I wouldn't mind too much. Dark/Dragon, I can't really see without a Proper Backstory. And if Dark/Dragon, I think we can debunk the Norse relation. I always though of him as Yatagarasu anyway, but still it would be a pretty solid debunking.
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
They usually don't post it as an official confirmation until the 15th anyway. As for me, it seems to match the B2W2 Protag artwork a bit as well. So honestly, I can't tell. The set up is really well done and matches other CoroCoros better than the last three fakes I've seen and shows a different screenshot rather than copy pasting the screenshots from the original trailers.

We basically have 4 days to find out and it is about time for the Leak.

As I mentioned in the Legendary thread, I don't mind Yveltal being Dark/Dragon. Doesn't look like a Dragon at all, but I don't mind it. Also they don't have to be Flying type to fly. Look at Garchomp, Beedrill, and Hydreigon.
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:52 AM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
There's been so many fakes in the last month that it's hard to tell now. I don't mind the typing cause Hydreigon is a Dark/Dragon and imo he's a pretty solid and cool looking Pokemon. Though it's sort of a letdown since it's the 8th time the box mascot has been a Dragon type (including Rayquaza and counting Black/White Kyurem/Normal Kyurem as one) and I'm pretty tired of it. I like the fact that it could be Dark cause it makes it seem fierce and strong.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old February 11th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Pokefanmaster101
Pokemon Fan 1

Thankfully they aren't putting the legendaries into the opposite games. Also some very, very shaky rumours that they are remaking Pokemon Red and Blue for the 3Ds, but nothing solid yet I'll keep you posted on that though.
Old February 11th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Its hard to tell. The Art style seems close to the style in B2W2. As for Yveltal...doesn't really scream Dragon, though I wouldn't mind too much. Dark/Dragon, I can't really see without a Proper Backstory. And if Dark/Dragon, I think we can debunk the Norse relation. I always though of him as Yatagarasu anyway, but still it would be a pretty solid debunking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
There's been so many fakes in the last month that it's hard to tell now. I don't mind the typing cause Hydreigon is a Dark/Dragon and imo he's a pretty solid and cool looking Pokemon. Though it's sort of a letdown since it's the 8th time the box mascot has been a Dragon type (including Rayquaza and counting Black/White Kyurem/Normal Kyurem as one) and I'm pretty tired of it. I like the fact that it could be Dark cause it makes it seem fierce and strong.
But guys! There is an advantage - it'd mean the first time where one is dragon and the other isn't, which could make for an interesting trio, really. Buuut now I kinda doubt it's true, so :( Still it'd be interestingggg.
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
The thing is, I could totally see Yveltal being a Dark type, but a Dragon type? I wouldn't entirely mind if that does happen, it's just Yveltal doesn't look very much like a Dragon. It has some Dragon-eqsue features, but as a whole it doesn't strike me as another Dragon-type.

...and while it doesn't need to be a Flying type just because it can fly and has wings, I feel like Dark/Flying might be more suitable than Dark/Dragon. We'll find out in time if this turns out true or not, if it's not already proven false later today.

On a side note, there's something a little off about the protagonist's artwork. I think it's the hair. There's no shiny coating like in most Sugimori art.
Old February 11th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

I'm pretty sure this CoroCoro scan is also fake, 'cause on the side it says "Pokémon" in English letters rather than "ポケットモンスターX・ポケットモンスターY".

But CoroCoro should be leaking soon, though it's going to be hard to tell 'cause many people are creating more fake artworks of them.

And I'm thinking Yveltal will be Dark/Flying and not Dark/Dragon. But I wouldn't mind seeing Yveltal as Dark/Dragon.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links