• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Return of the Trick House Master!

Guy

just a guy
Years
For those of you who played Ruby, Sapphire, and/or Emerald, do you all remember the Trick House on Route 110? It was located on the south end of Cycling Road. For those who never played RSE or don't know, there were a total of eight different puzzles created by the Trick Master, ─ a new puzzle(s) being unlocked after collecting a certain number of badges ─ multiple trainers to battle and items to collect each time, and then that special prize gifted to you by the Trick House Master himself at the end ─ which only got better as each puzzle became harder. Well, after you finally beat the eighth puzzle, the master decided to leave and go off on his own adventure to learn new puzzles and take his trickery elsewhere. Ever since then, we've been left to believe he left the Hoenn and went to another region. However, we have yet to ever see him again. Now if you're like me, who misses him, you probably still wonder when he'll ever show up again.

...or maybe you don't, because you have better things to do than think about an old guy making trick rooms in a game. Hehe.

Now, assuming that the timeline of these games happen after the events of RSE, would you like to see the Trick House finally make a return in X and Y? Since the games have evolved so much since the third generation, what sort of new puzzles would you like to see? What new ideas could be implemented? Was eight too much or too little? What prizes would you like to see him give out this time should he make a return?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooo ;____; I was trying hard to forget him too!!

But yeah, with new generations, there ought to be cool new puzzles for him to play with! Hey, maybe there can be puzzles that you can use the touch screen to maneuver with! Like say, a puzzle where you'd have to move boulders or other things around in a specific place so that you can go on through to the next room, but there's a time limit! That's a big thing for me ─ I hope that the majority of puzzles he has have a time limit, so you'd be able to think on your feet. Plus, they'd be a liiiittle bit more annoying and harder to complete, with the reward just a little bit more satisfying! As for the number of puzzles, well, he should have post-game puzzles as well! Sort of a collection of all your experiences wrapped up in one gigantic puzzle; that'd be cool! I do wonder why he likes puzzles so much though. He should answer that if he'd show up again.

Plus the music. Change the music. Please.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It would actually be nice to see the Trick House return in Pokémon X and Y, it hasn't been seen since Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. However, I remember seeing it in an old ROM Hack of FireRed called Pokémon ShinyGold.

It would be so cool to see 3D puzzles in the trick house that would be similar to the gyms in the game.

Years
I loved the Trick House in R/S/E, so I'd also love to see it make a return!

'You're almost my equal in greatness by one, two, three, four, five, six places!'

blue

gucci
Years
I loved this feature in RSE but as much as I'd want to see it return I feel it should stay in Hoenn, it seems like a Hoenn exclusive attraction.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I loved this feature in RSE but as much as I'd want to see it return I feel it should stay in Hoenn, it seems like a Hoenn exclusive attraction.
I feel like part of that may be true, but one of his last words to us was, "I am leaving on a journey of discovery. A quest in search of new tricks." Unless we had some sort of RSE sequels, then the mere chances of seeing him again after his long journey is very slim. The way he left, to me, implied that he could always show up again in a future generation and not just Hoenn. I think it would be about high time we saw him make a stealthy return. Being on the 3DS definitely leaves a lot of open possibilities as what they can do with newer puzzles to reflect what new tricks he's learned.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I feel like part of that may be true, but one of his last words to us was, "I am leaving on a journey of discovery. A quest in search of new tricks." Unless we had some sort of RSE sequels, then the mere chances of seeing him again after his long journey is very slim. The way he left, to me, implied that he could always show up again in a future generation and not just Hoenn. I think it would be about high time we saw him make a stealthy return. Being on the 3DS definitely leaves a lot of open possibilities as what they can do with newer puzzles to reflect what new tricks he's learned.

I see it meaning he would journey to other regions(heck, he may show up somewhere else, but even I highly doubt we'd see him ourselves), then he would return to his house in Hoenn and make use of many types of devices/designs he saw while away. Him going on a journey doesn't even mean he has to be gone centuries, he could vacation every once in a while. This screams Streetpass/Spotpass as well.

Last edited:
Years
OMG I loved the trick house challenges! I really hope they return! Anyway, if the guy were to return, I'd love it if the puzzles were harder, and didn't require HMs at all. Also, i think the prizes should be useful this time, like if he gave us choice items, or vitamins or toxic/burn orbs or something cool. Or maybe if he gave us a rare pokemon at the end of the hardest one? I think they could really do something awesome with this, especially with the 3D, I mean so many possibilities! I don't care if this was a Hoenn thing, I want it back! And contests were also a Hoenn thing!

Firestorm1

Freezing Flame
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
I didn't really like him much. I'd prefer he stayed in R/S/E

Years
I liked the trick house purely for the added experience since the trainers gradually got stronger. I wouldn't mind one appearing again. Plus the items he gave (albeit pretty useless) when you beat him could have the potential of being more relevant if it returned.

pokefangames

Sinor Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2013
The trick master might be a great addition ( if done correctly) This time the puzzles will be in 3D instead of the original 2D but if Nintendo/Game Freak stays true to what they did in 2003, it should make for some great fun.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I liked the trick house purely for the added experience since the trainers gradually got stronger. I wouldn't mind one appearing again. Plus the items he gave (albeit pretty useless) when you beat him could have the potential of being more relevant if it returned.
I agree. As fun as it was, the prizes were pretty lackluster. Other than TM Taunt, the Timer Ball, and the Rare Candy, the rest of items we got were more than useless. I would prefer that should he show up again, we start off winning something like the Rare Candy first [again], and as we gradually overcome each puzzle after, the rewards would be more valuable and more useful to the player. This way it's still fun but more worth our time.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Give us a trick tower, combine it with the Black Tower/ White Treehouse. Have the puzzles intact, but give us multiple rooms and such, with trainer battles.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
The trick house in full 3D would be brilliant.
But alot harder, I've wondered for a while if they would remake hoenn with the 6th gen engine. ^_^
I would insta-buy

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I love the Trick House. I just started a Nuzlocke of Sapphire last week, and getting to the Trick House was one of the highlights so far - it was always one of my favorite parts of the game. And sitting here right now, just because I was thinking about it, the music is running through my head.

That said though, I'm not sure I'd want to see it in any games other than the inevitable Hoenn remakes. A good part of the concept was the Trick Master continually trying to top himself - to make a puzzle that was tougher than the last one. I like the notion that, if/when we go back to Hoenn, he'll still be there, still plugging away, still trying to make a puzzle that's better than the last one.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ahhh the Trick House! I loved going to the Trick House and I was always disappointed when I had finished the Trick House and he was off to go on his adventure. I would love to see him make a comeback. Especially since the Trick House had its own little thing there it had the puzzles, unlike the Black Tower/White Treehouse. That said though I do agree with Elendii that mixing the two would be interesting as long as it's not just a post game thing as it is one of the things I enjoyed about the Trick House; it was a feature that you could enjoy and came back to several times throughout the game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The trick house could be interesting, and would also help hint towards R/S remakes! However, I think the chances of it re-appearing is somewhat low, given that it seemed just like a Hoenn-only thing. If it returns I'd like to see new/harder puzzles - perhaps dependant on whether you choose hard or simple puzzles, rather than just taking whatever he throws at you - like go through an easy mode (complete all easier puzzles), then a hard mode, for better items? :)

Back