The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Old January 10th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
What type of areas do you guys hope to see in Pokemon X & Y? We've seen they apparently have forrests and deserts or so, but what do you guys think would blow the game up, make it a hit? What would you like to see?

Personally, I'd like to see a jungle, but that is just me.

Wanting to Trade: An Elgato Game Capture HD for an Black or Red 3DS + Pokemon X or Y. Let me know if you are interested.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
I want to see more snowy wastelands.
We've only really had snow once, and that's in Snowpoint City.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Id like to see another Water based City i.e Himlau City, Pacifidlog , I could imagine it would be spectacular in 3D.

Old January 10th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Elite Four Lucian

I agree, I'd like to see more snow as well.

Edit: I agree Suicune.

Wanting to Trade: An Elgato Game Capture HD for an Black or Red 3DS + Pokemon X or Y. Let me know if you are interested.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Snivysmiley
Ruby/Sapphire Veteran

Nature: Modest
I would like a jungle area too, and less deserts. I wouldnt mind a savannah style place with african inspired pokemon, like lions or a cheetah pokemon
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:50 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I know this has technically been done before in Hoenn, but I'd like to see island towns. I know a lot of people hated the amount of water Hoenn had, but I liked it, and the island towns (Mossdeep for example) were pretty cool.
Aside from that, I'd also like to see more snowy areas; it'd give more Ice-type Pokemon too!

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Elite Four Lucian

Yeah, I agree, that'd be cool.

Old January 10th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Four Lucian View Post
What type of areas do you guys hope to see in Pokemon X & Y? We've seen they apparently have forrests and deserts or so, but what do you guys think would blow the game up, make it a hit? What would you like to see?

Personally, I'd like to see a jungle, but that is just me.
How do you differentiate between a jungle and a forest? I found the vine-swinging to be very jungle-like myself.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:14 AM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
I'd like to see a town up the mountains, kind of like Blackthorn City but with an actual view point so you can see surrounding scenery from there; That would be really nice. I also agree with island and snowy towns.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Relith
Togepi

I want to see some white out areas (LOTS of snow), as well as jungles.
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
It would be good to see a Jungle City, similar to White Forest but maybe the Gym Leader could be a grass type residing at the top of a tall tree like we saw in the trailer.

Old January 10th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
There needs to be a modeling or fashion institute! Where you battle fashion designers and models. :) France is known for fashion, so why not?

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:18 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
A counterpart to the Louvre (it's one of France's many big staples, so why not have it too?)
And also a return of PokeStar Studios, makes sense, considering France is home to the Cannes Film Festival

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
I would love to see some more snowy area's like Snowpoint City, like many others have said. I would also like some more island towns, and an African savannah type place sounds really cool!
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Personally, I would like to see an X or Y exclusive area, like how they did with Pokémon Black/White with Black City and White Forest.

I would also like to see some towns looking different depending on the version you're playing, like how it was with Opelucid City in Black/White.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:21 AM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
I'd like to see bigger cities and more castles! I like the rural areas that predecessor Pokemon games are popular for, but I hope to see more metropolitan cities. I'd like to see a more diverse landscape throughout X and Y. I'd also like to see cities based off of weather, kind of like Snowpoint city.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:38 PM
DTep
Arcanine4evar

I want a rainforest, because I love to see weather incorporated into the gameplay, it also would allow the plethora of species in a rainforest to be integrated as new Pokemon in X&Y. I'm really hoping the vine swinging in the game has something to do with a cool jungle or rainforest.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:43 PM
Wulfsige85

i think its going to be the whole world
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:25 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Jumping on the rainforest bandwagon here. We've had regular forests before, but we've never had an actual rainforest-type area. I thought Hoenn would have been the perfect place for an area like this since it was a tropical region, but there's always the chance it could happen here. A light shower of rain, a plethora of numerous Pokémon, and possibly the location of a hidden Legendary. I think the idea of a rainforest if a good one. Maybe even suitable for a Safari Zone. Just throwing it out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfsige85 View Post
i think its going to be the whole world
Haha, I don't think we've quite gotten that far yet. Each new region is based off of a different existing country. Seeing as we have over hundreds and hundreds of countries that exist in the world today, to base the locations off of the whole world seems unlikely. Otherwise, what's going to be left for future generations?

I can see multiple European landscapes having an influence over new locations though; particularly those closest to France maybe.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:38 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I have a vague idea of mountains being included, seeing as France has more than its fair share of mountainous areas (the Alps, the Pyrénées, the Massif Central). I realise they've already made mountains a prominent part in games but I feel like there was something missing in the execution. Rather than just a random mountain plonked in the middle of the region like Mt. Coronet, they could have a mountain range, perhaps? And I don't want to be exploring the inside either, the outside is perfectly fine!

Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:24 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'd like to see bigger cities as well, like Castelia. I really enjoyed it there in BW. Also maybe a canyon or massive waterfall or rainforest.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:46 PM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Bigger cities, and landscapes. Like a city made for snow, or a city/town that has folklore and certain occurances happen in the town/city.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:43 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
*I really hope this hasn't been made. I searched and didn't see anything but I have a bad track record with that so I'm sorry if this is a repeat!

So as of right now, most people's take on the region that X/Y is in is based on Europe, specifically France. What European monuments would do you personally want to see represented in this region? What monuments or parts of Europe do you think will be put into the games? In Unova we had Central Park, the bridges, the skyscrapers, the hollywood industry etc represented, so keep what has been put into games in mind when responding to the second question. Gogogo!
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Snivysmiley
Ruby/Sapphire Veteran

Nature: Modest
If it takes place all over a replica of Europe I want the Leaning Tower of Pisa and Big Ben, and at least one TARDIS
Old February 11th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Basculin
Dragonite Fan

Nature: Quirky
I would love to see a treehouse town like Fortree City! I would also like to see a Fashion Institute - that would be so cool!

I think it would also be cool to be able to choose your profession. Like instead of everyone becoming a pokemon champion, you can be a Breeder or a Doctor or...even a Gym leader where you could face CPU aspiring pokemon champions! And I wish we could do more when you're a Pokemon Champion.

Platinum FC:
1291 7915 8896
White FC: 1163 2702 7590
White 2 FC: 2280 5895 3333
Pokemon X FC: 4081 6662 2044
CMT? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...22#post6883822
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here