Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat
Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Advertise here
How tolerant are you of spiders, slugs, crickets, roaches, rats, and other vermin?

Do you scream and run away, do you stare at it, do you pick it up?
Are you sure you want to play this game?
I'm afraid you'd lose
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:28 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I would pick it up in disgust lol. I'm not really scared of them just find them pretty dirty and disgusting.
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
I dislike insects with a passion. Thankfully there's no roaches in this house.

Mice are adorable though, I hate to admit.

Last edited by Dakota; February 10th, 2013 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Mice, not rats.
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Brynjolf

I have to pick up crickets and isopods for my chameleon to eat, so I'm fairly comfortable with bugs.
Rats and spiders? No wayyy!! Eugh!
I'm afraid you'd lose
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
I'm not very tolerant of having any type of bugs or vermin near me.

I have a specific phobia to roaches and anything that may look like them. Seriously, when I see a roach I can't stay in the same place I was in until I know that the roach was either killed or removed. They just gross me out.

I like hamsters, gerbils, and stuff like that, but no rats, please. They are just creepy, lol.
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Caelus
Gone

I don't have a problem with mice and rats but I hate spiders and roaches. Could care less about slugs and crickets.

Unless they're in my house I'm just going to leave them alone. Fortunately I've never seen them inside my house besides the occasional spider.
-
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I am alright with most kinds of creepy crawlies expect from Crane flies.
If I see one I'll run a mile without stopping.
Old February 10th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Bugs? No issue there. I'm pretty indifferent to them. Mice and rats? Nope nope nope nope I'd rather launch myself out of the nearest window than handle them.

I don't mind furry things and I don't mind things that move quickly, but I cannot do furry things that move quickly. No thank you. It's an intolerance that stems from watching a rat shadow crawl across my window at my old house. The shadow, of course, was much larger than a normal rat, but it was late at night every time it happened and it kept me awake out of sheer terror.
Old February 10th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Blade_of_darkness
War Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness
The only things that I can't stand are roaches & rats, as they're pests rife with disease.

Everything else I don't mind, even when it comes to handling them. I'm not sure why some of them are scared of spiders, though.

^ The last thing you see before you die ^
Old February 10th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
lets see,i don't deal with spiders here as they're barely seen and i mean it literally..spider here are very small and no venom so no danger we're good!

roaches, rats???? [Message has been removed for people's own sake]....the same way Edward cullen hates Jacob black or maybe even more like the same way Sam hates all the cullens!!! i just hate em and no i don't fear em i just hate them v.v

other insects..i hate em too even more than hating MLP!!!!

i hate everything!
A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside remains the same.
Brock – Pokemon

Old February 10th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Brynjolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis talli View Post
I am alright with most kinds of creepy crawlies expect from Crane flies.
If I see one I'll run a mile without stopping.
Oh my god, I hate crane flies. They look like FLYING spiders.. Definitely hate those.
I'm afraid you'd lose
Old February 10th, 2013, 03:34 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I've had pet rats before and family members have had mice. So I actually find them to be quite cute.

Bugs generally don't bother me. I don't enjoy finding a spider just chilling out on my arm, though. If it's something like a snail, I'll think it's cute. I:

Edit: As for stuff that stings, I just avoid them. Somehow, I end up being stung anyway, though. The one time I don't even know what the heck that was that stung me. :?
I am in the process of leaving PC and IRC channels associated with it.
If you wish to contact me, this is my channel:
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.systemnet.info&channel=%23SableyeCorner
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; February 13th, 2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old February 10th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
The only bugs and rodents I could tolerate in the house are flies, and I'm still going to get rid of them. The rest of them freak the hell out, especially if they're in my house. ;~~~~;

If it's outside, the only thing I freak out about are bees. I don't want to get stung, haha. Otherwise I hardly notice.
My FC is 1177-7075-4188
Dunsparce/Audino/Eevee Safari
Old February 10th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Brynjolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
I've had pet rats before and family members have had mice. So I actually find them to be quite cute.

Bugs generally don't bother me. I don't enjoy finding a spider just chilling out on my arm, though. If it's something like a snail, I'll think it's cute. I:
Oh definitely. I find snails and slugs to be VERY adorable :)

Spiders, not so much.
I'm afraid you'd lose
Old February 10th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Sylphiel
over the borders // across the lines

Nature: Quirky
I can't say what I'd do if I encountered a rodent, since I've never had to deal with them as a pest.

Spiders I'll keep my distance from and hope they go away, things like centipedes I'll probably squish, something like a beetle or similar I'll catch and release outside, if it's a roach or a fly, nope, they're definitely getting squashed. I will not stand having roaches around, and as for flies...well, seems like there are times of the year where if I get one, I suddenly have 30, so NO. No flies. It got so bad last year I ended up finally buying flypaper for those little beggars (and of course by that time I'd gone on enough of a rampage that they were pretty much all dead).

A stingy bug like a wasp, I'll probably flail around and hope I can coax into going outside. Hnnngh.

Anything else, though...I'll probably end up leaving alone. Like those silverfish I've had pop up in my bathroom from time to time. They're okay, I don't care if they stay.
» Paired with Ausuadriel, yo.
» I also make pictures. Sometimes.
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:29 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
I used to have pet hamsters, and one of my teachers had guinea pigs that I loved to play with, so rodents are generally fine by me.

Bugs, however, I will freak out (just a bit) if I ever see a bug inside. Outside, only a bee or mosquito or the like would make me cringe. Hate bugs overall, kinda phobic.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:48 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I tend to feel uneasy around cockroaches, but I'm okay with other smaller insects. As for rats/mice, it depends on whether they're domesticated or not.

Old February 11th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Hikamaru
now i'm on the outside
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm not really scared of bugs, unless if it's a bee or wasp (I always think they're trying to sting me), also spiders. I hate spiders.

Rats also creep me out cos they're pests.
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Bugs dont bother me unless they're in my home. I kill them from afar with a mix of hairspray in one hand and raid in the other. I haven't encountered rats or anything in my home, though.
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old February 11th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
I absolutely HATE worms/slugs, they disgust me so incredibly much. Some spiders trouble me, but only because I worry that they're venomous. I am perfectly okay with rats/mice etc.

Basically anything slimy disgusts me. Worms, slugs, frogs, snails, leeches and to a lesser extent fish.
Mod of Trade Corner| Pair | Trainer Information

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old February 11th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I myself am very fascinated by bugs and arachnids and other small creatures.

I try to not bother them unless they try to make their home in a place I use a lot (such as closet, or the shelf, or computer desk).

I'm only worried about the insects/vermin/creatures that could potentially carry diseases, I try to dispose of them as quickly as possible. Such as flies, ants, roaches, especially rats and mosquitos.

I don't mind bugs at all. I especially love spiders, they tend to keep the other bugs away, and usually make their homes/webs in corners I don't use at all.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - sorry for no updates, been reorganizing my room
Random Challenge - Badges: 6/8 - game: X - Location: Route 15
Random Challenge - Badges: 2/8 - game: Y - Location: Geosenge Town
50/50 Challenge - Badges 4/8 - Game Y - Location: Lumiose City
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:03 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

I've never had much of a problem with creepy crawlies except for wasps. I also find rats adorable.

Some insects may look creepy and I wouldn't like having them on me, but I don't mind getting a good look at them FOR SCIENCE.

However, there are some insects I don't want to have to deal with. These five are a good place to start.
CarcharOdin gets high on life to forget about drugs.
Old February 11th, 2013, 05:45 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

I don't know why but even though I don't mind bugs, I can't have them on my skin, too creepy xD
Credit |Kitty Pair | VM/PM | Photobucket | Theme
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I'm terrified of all insects, mainly because they're gross and icky, but I don't scream. Although whenever I see a cockroach, I stare at it for quite some time, or warn my mother. But when it has wings, run. away.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old February 13th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Not tolerant at all. I hate bugs and rodents... they are the most disgusting creatures on earth. I also kind of freak out over them, but not as bad as some girls I know do. They are just so gross!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here