The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 7th, 2013, 10:41 AM
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Welcome! Adding you to Derse for now, then.
Alright!
Quote:
I know! I'm so excited, it's definitely going to be a flash animation. That's why he's taking so long time to update now... I hope they finally use the elusive song Penumbra Phantasm for this flash. It's never been fully shown, only hinted to in several other tracks. Remixed together with Doctor into Savior of the Waking World and Savior of the Dreaming Dead, it's been the theme for 2/4 human ascensions so far (John and Jade, while Dave and Rose got Green Sun, Vriska didn't really have one from what I can remember and Aradia got Megalovania).
Penumbra Phantasm? Is that on the bandcamp?
Oooh that'd be really nice though; I love when Hussie reuses music. I think Cascade was the first time I listened to a flash, so when I went back and saw [S] JOHN. RISE UP. I was ecstatic to hear it.

Quote:
[S] Descend was the most epic thing before Cascade, imo. But I also really like [S] Wake and [S] Jade: Enter, because they show how trollDerse and trollProspit fell and the Bec Noir thing and give real "ahaaa!" experiences, imo.
Oh man I love MeGaLoVania; I love songs where I can hear lots of different layers, and all the different guitar/bass layers make me drool.

I enjoy trying to fit different music tracks to animations :3[/QUOTE]
Old February 8th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
Cascade was the first time you listened to a flash? O.o did you use to mute them, or what? The music is a great part of Homestuck, I think.

Speaking of which, here is an odd personal favorite of mine xD It's unofficial though and not on a "real" volume yet. http://unofficialmspafans.bandcamp.c...as-a-brolution

Also @ update 8 feb
Spoiler:
WTF no flash? Is he getting lazy? ;; The Page clothing doesn't look like Tavros silly batmanrobinpants! Or maybe we just don't see it properly. Also, cool to finally get to see the Rogue attire!

Old February 8th, 2013, 07:18 AM
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

Quote:
Cascade was the first time you listened to a flash? O.o did you use to mute them, or what? The music is a great part of Homestuck, I think.

Speaking of which, here is an odd personal favorite of mine xD It's unofficial though and not on a "real" volume yet. http://unofficialmspafans.bandcamp.c...as-a-brolution

Also @ update 8 feb
Spoiler:
WTF no flash? Is he getting lazy? ;; The Page clothing doesn't look like Tavros silly batmanrobinpants! Or maybe we just don't see it properly. Also, cool to finally get to see the Rogue attire!
Yeah, it's weird... I think the first time an [S] page came up, I didn't notice that it meant sound... so I read it mute the first time. Also, I remember skipping the walkarounds because I thought "hey if it's important then it wouldn't be in a game; you can skip details when playing a game". My first reading was really bad; I just wanted to get it finished. It's a shame, because now I can't enjoy reading it for the first time.
Spoiler:
I'm surprised that there's no flash, too... but I think that might either be because of the way the site is laid out (means he can't put one page/panel, perhaps?), and he can't have 2 flashes because even the .gifs link up poorly sometimes. Or he just doesn't want to give us another mini-hiatus, since twice in a row we've had to wait around a week before an update. Maybe he just wants to get back to his standard "handful of short updates in one go, or a few long ones"? Could be loads of reasons.

Though, of course, I'm really excited to see all their god tiers!
Old February 8th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Napsy
Tiny Deer

Nature: Quirky
Hello Everyone!! The Page of Mind is here ;w;

==> Username: Napsy
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Derse
==> How far have you read: All the pages, all of them. I've been following Homestuck for over 3 years.
==> What are your favorite FLASH animations?: I REALLY like Make Her Pay, and Jade: Enter. Those are the first two that come to mind.

So glad there's fans here!!
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napsy View Post
Hello Everyone!! The Page of Mind is here ;w;

==> Username: Napsy
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Derse
==> How far have you read: All the pages, all of them. I've been following Homestuck for over 3 years.
==> What are your favorite FLASH animations?: I REALLY like Make Her Pay, and Jade: Enter. Those are the first two that come to mind.

So glad there's fans here!!
Hello Napsy! And we're glad to have you here :D

Whoa, 3 years? I only found it this summer because I heard people on some chat mention it and had to look it up to understand what they were going on about. So you are an oldschool true fan, that's cool!

I like Make Her Pay too. It explained stuff. Jade: Enter too, I love these "aha"-feelings~ Jade: Enter were in Act 5 Act 2, right? Or maybe I remember wrong. But End of Act 4 was Descend as far as I remember. Maybe I should reread it once again ^^ I'm on my second read-through now but I kind of get stuck in the relatively boring Alpha arc...

On an almost unrelated note (and partly referring to Dirk's talk in the last updates) I've really grown to like Roxy. I thought she was annoying when she was drunk all the time, but in Act 6 Act 3 (I think??) she has been rather amazing, especially with her relations with Calliope and the Batterwitch. Ahaha. Can't wait for the next update, seriously.

Old February 10th, 2013, 01:13 AM
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

Guys.
It happened.
4x God Tier combo + Meet up combo.
Finally.

@Napsy, hey there, welcome to the club

I myself had caught up JUST at the beginning of the Cascade break (so ~6th september). So Act 6 was the beginning of my serial reading.
arc...
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Yeah, I can't really believe he didn't make a flash ;; I'm... kind of disappointed. Anticlimax. Still, nice to see Jade again :3 Now, where's that meteor?

Old February 11th, 2013, 02:42 AM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
JOINING!

==> Username: gunnerpow7
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Hmm... Prospit Dreamer
==> How far have you read: As embarrassing it is, I just started Act 3... ;;
==> Answer current topic: Hmm... my fave FLASH animations should be the strife battles coz they give interactivity... :3

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old February 11th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Welcome, I like Pokemon (wait actually, welcome back!), Napsy and Gunner! It's really unfortunate that you're only in Act 3, Gunner, but I'm sure you'll catch up eventually. I mean even I just started reading four months ago, but I caught up in like a month because I was just hooked and enjoyed it to bits. I guess we'll bump the spoilers back to hide yo kids hide yo wife for anything after Act 3 for Gunner here. How far are you in Act 3? Things are getting pretty interesting, yeah? ;D

As for favorite flash, I'm going to say [S] Jade: Enter because [S] Cascade was not allowed, haha. Many reasons, but I think I'll keep quiet and let the flash speak for itself so that Gunner can look forward to it. I really don't have a favorite flash, but every flash you guys mentioned are ones I really loved anyway, so I don't think I have to add anything. Wait, maybe I could add something. I loved the Earthbound-inspired interactive flashes, as I am a huge fan of the Mother series. However, the really badass cinematic flashes still take the cake, imo. They make Homestuck such an entertaining thing to indulge in, apart from the fandom.

I was really expecting a flash, too. ;; I guess Hussie got lazy? I was hoping the returning characters would at least get a flash, if it didn't happen from the changes that the alpha kids went under when the explosions happened (man, being vague so that it's relatively spoiler-free is hard, but I must do it because I feel lazy with the spoiler tags, haha). Oh well. I'm also just really really happy to see Jade again. <3

update (02/10/13)
Spoiler:
I said from my previous post how Roxy became my favorite Homestuck character, and I'm definitely sticking to this now that I hear that Rika is warming up to her too. :D She's amazing and really cute, plus all of Dirk's compliments made me see more into how she is as a person, and how she really was while sober. She has the most kickass-looking God Tier outfit out of the Alpha kids too, imo. <3 Gamzee I haven't really had any good words to describe him since Alterniabound, so I still don't get why he gets so much attention, haha. B2 session i.e. post-Scratch kids session Jack I think isn't possessed by Caliborn but simply made as a pawn or something, since I reckon he'd be less wild and crazy if he were possessed. So Caliborn is still LE. But man, I still flipped out when the entire transformation scene played out.

But yes, this recent update was just so awesome. Jade is adorable, and it's funny how she's basically talking to younger, alternate versions of her ectobiological parents like as normal Jade, while they're just stoked to see another human (with odd dog ears and space powers to boot!), haha. I wonder if Jake has made the connection that it was this Jade he was writing to as a penpal. And where is John? Dealing with the Condesce, perhaps? So excited to see Dirk and Roxy meet Dave and Rose eventually, ahh. Oh and the beta kids finally catching up with each other after all those grueling years of being stuck with their ectosiblings, sprites and/or a couple of dead (or alive) trolls. John, Rose, Dave and Jade must have missed the other two. Excited to see their reunion!

I wonder how far Rose and Kanaya's relationship have progressed. :o
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:27 AM
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
Welcome, I like Pokemon (wait actually, welcome back!), Napsy and Gunner!
Haha, it's good to be back. I need to start posting here more often, I don't yet feel like one of us.

Quote:
It's really unfortunate that you're only in Act 3, Gunner, but I'm sure you'll catch up eventually. I mean even I just started reading four months ago, but I caught up in like a month because I was just hooked and enjoyed it to bits. I guess we'll bump the spoilers back to hide yo kids hide yo wife for anything after Act 3 for Gunner here. How far are you in Act 3? Things are getting pretty interesting, yeah? ;D
Oh man all the way to Act 3? Welp, I hope you catch up soon Gunner :p
Quote:
I was really expecting a flash, too. ;; I guess Hussie got lazy? I was hoping the returning characters would at least get a flash, if it didn't happen from the changes that the alpha kids went under when the explosions happened (man, being vague so that it's relatively spoiler-free is hard, but I must do it because I feel lazy with the spoiler tags, haha). Oh well. I'm also just really really happy to see Jade again. <3
I'm not sure if lazy would be accurate. I figure it might be because we've had a very recent period of "break for a week then MASSIVE UPDATE" for a while now... I think it's quite nice to go back to normality again (I love the feeling of waking up and checking the update very first thing in the morning).
Quote:
update (02/10/13)
Spoiler:
I said from my previous post how Roxy became my favorite Homestuck character, and I'm definitely sticking to this now that I hear that Rika is warming up to her too. :D She's amazing and really cute, plus all of Dirk's compliments made me see more into how she is as a person, and how she really was while sober. She has the most kickass-looking God Tier outfit out of the Alpha kids too, imo. <3 Gamzee I haven't really had any good words to describe him since Alterniabound, so I still don't get why he gets so much attention, haha. B2 session i.e. post-Scratch kids session Jack I think isn't possessed by Caliborn but simply made as a pawn or something, since I reckon he'd be less wild and crazy if he were possessed. So Caliborn is still LE. But man, I still flipped out when the entire transformation scene played out.

But yes, this recent update was just so awesome. Jade is adorable, and it's funny how she's basically talking to younger, alternate versions of her ectobiological parents like as normal Jade, while they're just stoked to see another human (with odd dog ears and space powers to boot!), haha. I wonder if Jake has made the connection that it was this Jade he was writing to as a penpal. And where is John? Dealing with the Condesce, perhaps? So excited to see Dirk and Roxy meet Dave and Rose eventually, ahh. Oh and the beta kids finally catching up with each other after all those grueling years of being stuck with their ectosiblings, sprites and/or a couple of dead (or alive) trolls. John, Rose, Dave and Jade must have missed the other two. Excited to see their reunion!

Spoiler:
Roxy is definitely one of my favourite kids (hell, I really like the StriLondes in general, but the Prospit dreamers are definitely catching up.
And hell yes she has the best alpha outfit. I am not a fan of the Prince's or the Page's legs, and Life's grey is very... drab.

Gamzee is simply the embodiment of the wildcard. That's really all there is to it, I guess.

About "Lord Noir" (a nickname I've heard, haha), I think... Caliborn was controlling him through Lil Cal. Whether this counts as "possession" or not, I'm not too sure. At the very least, Noir is hyper-powered up (but still no match for Jade's first guardian powers!).
Which reminds me - I think that Lord Noir being sent to the furthest ring will be important... Perhaps Bec Noir and PM will meet him? I still think all the Noirs/Slicks (Spades Slick from A2, MAYBE also from A1 if we ever see that session, Bec Noir from B1, Lord Noir from B2, and hell maybe even Cherub Noir from the Calisession may come). 3/4/5x stab combo, anyone?

I have a feeling Jake has made the connection that Jade is who he was talking with - I think they both signed their name down? Plus, there aren't that many Jades he could be talking to :p

My first thought is that John is still on the ship, and Jade just teleported to Jake/Jane so she could deal with Noir. But you could be right in that he's dealing with the Condesce (which would be interesting, since he first talked with Meenah I think?). Makes me wonder when the meteor will come in, since I was expecting all the StriLondes to meet, and the Egbert/Harley/Crocker/English combo to meet.

We shall see!
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerpow7 View Post
JOINING!

==> Username: gunnerpow7
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Hmm... Prospit Dreamer
==> How far have you read: As embarrassing it is, I just started Act 3... ;;
==> Answer current topic: Hmm... my fave FLASH animations should be the strife battles coz they give interactivity... :3
Nice to see you, gunnerpow! I'll add you in. Oh my, if you're in Act 3 now, you have all the best parts ahead of you! I really loved Act 4, it's where everything is really beginning to get deep and big and serious and AAAAAH I want to read it for the first time again but I cannot ;; Don't read through this thread too thoroughly so that you get spoiled :D ENJOY your read-through! :) And watch the flash animations with your sound on ;) The music is such a great part of Homestuck.

Quote:
Welcome, I like Pokemon (wait actually, welcome back!), Napsy and Gunner! It's really unfortunate that you're only in Act 3, Gunner, but I'm sure you'll catch up eventually. I mean even I just started reading four months ago, but I caught up in like a month because I was just hooked and enjoyed it to bits. I guess we'll bump the spoilers back to hide yo kids hide yo wife for anything after Act 3 for Gunner here. How far are you in Act 3? Things are getting pretty interesting, yeah? ;D
Haha, I began reading in the summer, I think around the long hiatus where fans were trolling the web about the anime :p So I was surprised when updates began coming daily xD

Quote:
I think we shall have the return of the spoiler tags, yes ^^ You're doing well in being vague though!
But yeah... I was really looking forward to see what music they'd use :3 Haha, that's my focus, the music. I'm really excited for Homestuck Vol. 10!

Quote:
update (02/10/13)
Spoiler:

le reply
Spoiler:
My thoughts too, on Roxy. I kind of miss the old Act 5 Act 1 Gamzee ^^ He was kind of adorable, when I think about it. And yeah, I think your thoughts on LE/Jack are probable ^^

Jade is always Jade :D I'm amazed at how good Hussie is at keeping the characters true to their personalities. The only one who have really changed over time, imo, are Rose (even more dark and weird while she was a bit lighter and dull at the beginning), Dave (he kind of lost his kindofsilly coolkid style somewhere in Act 5 Act 2, I think, but Hussie got it back in the intermissions when Dave began rapping again ^^) and Terezi (face it, she used to be a smiling, creepy evilgirl but along her feud with Vriska and then her relationship with Dave and her dancestor, she turned a lot more mature and serious). Hmm. Now when I write it out, I realize those "character changes" make sense considering what they've gone through ^^; so nevermind xD
/unnecessary text brick

Kanaya and Rose! I somehow think they have already broken up, actually. So that John x Rose can happen lmfao

Old February 11th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Quote:

le reply
Spoiler:
My thoughts too, on Roxy. I kind of miss the old Act 5 Act 1 Gamzee He was kind of adorable, when I think about it. And yeah, I think your thoughts on LE/Jack are probable

Jade is always Jade :D I'm amazed at how good Hussie is at keeping the characters true to their personalities. The only one who have really changed over time, imo, are Rose (even more dark and weird while she was a bit lighter and dull at the beginning), Dave (he kind of lost his kindofsilly coolkid style somewhere in Act 5 Act 2, I think, but Hussie got it back in the intermissions when Dave began rapping again ) and Terezi (face it, she used to be a smiling, creepy evilgirl but along her feud with Vriska and then her relationship with Dave and her dancestor, she turned a lot more mature and serious). Hmm. Now when I write it out, I realize those "character changes" make sense considering what they've gone through ; so nevermind xD
/unnecessary text brick

Kanaya and Rose! I somehow think they have already broken up, actually. So that John x Rose can happen lmfao
Spoilered reply

Spoiler:

Speaking of Rose and Kanaya, maybe an interesting topic would be ships? Or should we not go there lol

I love Jade, she is simply the best at being Jade. What does Homestuck need? More Jades. But have you ever noticed that Rose seems a bit...Jaded? And Jade is notorious for wearing Rose colored glasses? :0

I'm thinking the meteor is gonna come out by derse's moon (or where it used to be, haha) and Dave and Rose are gonna fly out like "hey" and Dirk and Roxy are gonna be like "omg its our parent". And then Karkat is gonna come out and be like "HEY NOOKSUCKERS BLAH BLAH TAINTCHAIFING CHRIST" and Roxy is either going to think he is adorable or repulsive, lol. (sorryif that doesnt make sense, I'm really excited)

Aaaand, I think John's on his way to meet up with Jade, Jake, and Jane. (haha wow thats too many Ja_e names in a row) Jade can teleport and whatnot, and I think John has to fly, so it would take him longer to get there (but in that case, why didn't jade just warp him there too?)

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old February 15th, 2013, 10:56 PM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003049

As I post this, I have passed this page... Dont click it if you are new and havent gotten to the end of Act 3...

My reaction...

GAHHH, ITS COOL ;; asdfghjklgesbudfjnbthaesnhnae!

I played it twice tbh... What more could there be in store for me? :D

Oh, and time paradoxes are the coolest part of the story <3

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old February 15th, 2013, 11:49 PM
wcdaily
Wizard needs food badly!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003049

As I post this, I have passed this page... Dont click it if you are new and havent gotten to the end of Act 3...

My reaction...

GAHHH, ITS COOL ;; asdfghjklgesbudfjnbthaesnhnae!

I played it twice tbh... What more could there be in store for me? :D

Well at this point all I can really say, DO NOT skip the intermission, you may read it thinking it's just some alternative story in the MSPA universe, (It's not and most readers make this mistake) it actually becomes much important later, plus the midnight crew and their shenanigans are amazing so why would you even think of skipping it?

Oh and I might as well join while I am here, don't expect me to post much since I mostly lurk.

==> Username: wcdaily
==> Prospit or Derse dreamer: Prospit
==> How far have you read: I'm completely caught up and have been since the beginning of Act 6...
==> Answer current topic: My favorite flash? Probably "[S] Descend" I like it mostly because it was just really epic and dramatic, and the music was amazing. (Kind of a lame explanation I know but it's something)

Update: 02/16/13
Spoiler:
Update News: HUSSSSSSSSIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!! ...and that is all I have to say on the matter...

Last edited by wcdaily; February 15th, 2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old February 16th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Cid
Find your niche.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Welcome to the club, wc! :D Also Gunner, try your best to read the Intermission and not skip it, because wcdaily is right. It's gonna be relevant later on, so you have to at least try reading it even though it feels different from the rest of Homestuck. ^^; It's just as badass anyway, so why skip?

update (02/16/13)
Spoiler:
Guys! Bad news. D:

Jade went grimbark and Jane went Crockercorp bananas, Little Red Riding Hood-style— all with the Condesce's overpowered mind control shenanigans. John is nowhere to be found, Roxy and Jake are captured, Dirk was transported in the same place as Lord Noir, and the Condesce is smoking a cigar with a pile of boondollars. Just, ugh. This is unbelievable. I thought I knew Hussie, and that he loves messing with the fandom, but this. This was not okay (actually I'm okay with it now, but back when I was reading it I was just wtf). He just blindsided us with one fell swoop. To think we only wanted a happy reunion. And for Jake to put on his pants. How did it all go wrong so fast? ;;

Seriously, as hot as Jane's new outfit is, the update broke my heart. He ended Act 6 Act 5 without a flash, too. Oh well. There is a silver lining, at least. Karkat and co. are coming. With crab walkie-talkies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like Pokemon (...) View Post
I'm not sure if lazy would be accurate. I figure it might be because we've had a very recent period of "break for a week then MASSIVE UPDATE" for a while now... I think it's quite nice to go back to normality again (I love the feeling of waking up and checking the update very first thing in the morning).
Ah yeah, I agree. Still, right when you said it, he comes back to the routine of break for a week then MASSIVE UPDATE with the end of that last Act Act. :p

Quote:
Spoiler:
Roxy is definitely one of my favourite kids (hell, I really like the StriLondes in general, but the Prospit dreamers are definitely catching up.
And hell yes she has the best alpha outfit. I am not a fan of the Prince's or the Page's legs, and Life's grey is very... drab.

Gamzee is simply the embodiment of the wildcard. That's really all there is to it, I guess.

About "Lord Noir" (a nickname I've heard, haha), I think... Caliborn was controlling him through Lil Cal. Whether this counts as "possession" or not, I'm not too sure. At the very least, Noir is hyper-powered up (but still no match for Jade's first guardian powers!).
Which reminds me - I think that Lord Noir being sent to the furthest ring will be important... Perhaps Bec Noir and PM will meet him? I still think all the Noirs/Slicks (Spades Slick from A2, MAYBE also from A1 if we ever see that session, Bec Noir from B1, Lord Noir from B2, and hell maybe even Cherub Noir from the Calisession may come). 3/4/5x stab combo, anyone?

I have a feeling Jake has made the connection that Jade is who he was talking with - I think they both signed their name down? Plus, there aren't that many Jades he could be talking to :p

My first thought is that John is still on the ship, and Jade just teleported to Jake/Jane so she could deal with Noir. But you could be right in that he's dealing with the Condesce (which would be interesting, since he first talked with Meenah I think?). Makes me wonder when the meteor will come in, since I was expecting all the StriLondes to meet, and the Egbert/Harley/Crocker/English combo to meet.

We shall see!
Spoiler:
I'm glad you like Roxy, too! :D I agree, the StriLondes are pretty awesome, but everyone else has their own brand of awesome like you say so it's all cool.
The best alpha outfit kind of became moot when she didn't void her way out of that Condesce situation though and just went on to put one of the most hilarious reaction faces Hussie has ever drawn, haha. I mean I reacted like Jake did and was just in the verge of tears, but Roxy was just like derp why did I ever quit drinking. XD; Life's grey was very drab, and I guess Hussie agreed. Now Jane is one sexy mofo. Mind-controlled, sure. But it's way better than the old colors!

I still don't like mirthful Gamzee. :( But yeah, I suppose it's Hussie's comic, and he seems pretty consistent with Gamzee. Although that's ironic to say, since when has Gamzee ever been consistent? :p

I like Lord Noir so I'm gonna use it. I agree with the theory that Caliborn was controlling him, too. I guess when characters get overpowered, they immediately become one of the bad guys? I don't know, it's a trend I've been seeing. Jade was certainly someone who could single-handedly kill off everyone (apart from Lord English, maybe? but she was still pretty dang powerful), so to have her go grimbark was an interesting ploy. That way, it becomes more climactic, like you're not sure how the heroes will win. Hopefully with Lord Noir being in the furthest ring, he'll meet Bec Noir and PM instead of the meteor where Dave and co. are in. Because Dirk should meet with Dave and co. first, conveniently so since he's also in the furthest ring now.

Yeah I think Jake knew. Which makes it even more horrible of a sight for him to see the two girls with him going bananas, and Jane hitting him in the gut yet again (but this time with an intent to kill, presumably). He must have had no idea what the hell was happening. Poor Jake. ;;

That meeting will be stalled yet again, from how horribly Act 6 Act 5 ended. Seriously, where the hell is John? Is he still parking the ship or what? He needs to make his ectobiological sis snap out of her trance.

Quote:
Haha, I began reading in the summer, I think around the long hiatus where fans were trolling the web about the anime :p So I was surprised when updates began coming daily xD

I think we shall have the return of the spoiler tags, yes ^^ You're doing well in being vague though!
But yeah... I was really looking forward to see what music they'd use :3 Haha, that's my focus, the music. I'm really excited for Homestuck Vol. 10!
Ohh haha, I thought the anime was a huge troll effort, too. Even though I knew the rumors were fake already because I started reading late last year. But yeah, the daily updates surprised me, too! I think I also started reading during a hiatus. :p

Thanks. XD; The music is amazing, so I'm really excited for the next flash because of that, too. <3 I think I should go get a copy of the soundtrack. I didn't even know it was already in Vol. 10. o3o

Quote:
Spoiler:
My thoughts too, on Roxy. I kind of miss the old Act 5 Act 1 Gamzee ^^ He was kind of adorable, when I think about it. And yeah, I think your thoughts on LE/Jack are probable ^^

Jade is always Jade :D I'm amazed at how good Hussie is at keeping the characters true to their personalities. The only one who have really changed over time, imo, are Rose (even more dark and weird while she was a bit lighter and dull at the beginning), Dave (he kind of lost his kindofsilly coolkid style somewhere in Act 5 Act 2, I think, but Hussie got it back in the intermissions when Dave began rapping again ^^) and Terezi (face it, she used to be a smiling, creepy evilgirl but along her feud with Vriska and then her relationship with Dave and her dancestor, she turned a lot more mature and serious). Hmm. Now when I write it out, I realize those "character changes" make sense considering what they've gone through ^^; so nevermind xD
/unnecessary text brick

Spoiler:
I miss Act 5 Act 1 Gamzee so much. ;; He really was endearing and funny. With the Lord Noir theories, I think I like Pokemon hit the spot with the theories, haha. Speaking of theories, though! I heard of a theory that the batterwitch was actually on our side and we haven't realized it. Like she hates Lord English for one, another because she has actually had so many chances to kill off the alpha kids and she didn't, third because of her attempts to get Roxy into her plans before Roxy escaped (even giving her a ring that enhanced her powers as a hero of Void), and lastly because she's practically Meenah (whom I think has some good within her despite the, at times, obnoxious personality) in a different timeline.

Jade was adorable but Hussie ruined it with grimbark. I mean I wished people would take Jade more seriously like many other Jade fans, but not like this. ;; Still, I have to agree with Hussie's amazing ability to make the characters feel true to their personalities. The character development is absolutely welcome, though! So that was an unnecessary text brick, sorta. XD;

I think Hussie just plans to sink all ships and not have anyone ending up with another or something. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
Spoiler:
Speaking of Rose and Kanaya, maybe an interesting topic would be ships? Or should we not go there lol

I love Jade, she is simply the best at being Jade. What does Homestuck need? More Jades. But have you ever noticed that Rose seems a bit...Jaded? And Jade is notorious for wearing Rose colored glasses? :0

I'm thinking the meteor is gonna come out by derse's moon (or where it used to be, haha) and Dave and Rose are gonna fly out like "hey" and Dirk and Roxy are gonna be like "omg its our parent". And then Karkat is gonna come out and be like "HEY NOOKSUCKERS BLAH BLAH TAINTCHAIFING CHRIST" and Roxy is either going to think he is adorable or repulsive, lol. (sorryif that doesnt make sense, I'm really excited)

Aaaand, I think John's on his way to meet up with Jade, Jake, and Jane. (haha wow thats too many Ja_e names in a row) Jade can teleport and whatnot, and I think John has to fly, so it would take him longer to get there (but in that case, why didn't jade just warp him there too?)

Spoiler:
I think ships would be an interesting topic, too. XD

I love Jade and I love that you love guys love Jade. <3 But again, grimbark. ;; Although I actually noticed the two sort of being foils / counterparts of each other. I mean look at their titles. Rose sounded like a Witch of Space at first (fascination with wizards and dark arts), and Jade sounded like a Seer of Light at first, too (being able to see the future through her dreams). It's cool how Hussie implemented that sort of element into the beta kids.

That sounded awesome. </3 I wish Hussie gave us at least a few more days to be happy with the reunion feels instead of just crushing them with Condesce's antics. ;;

Who actually knows where John is right now? I certainly don't, smh.

Last edited by Cid; February 16th, 2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old February 17th, 2013, 03:25 AM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

So... I just reached the Recap log of Year 1 and had to read it coz I didnt get some of the details before due to the time travel thingies... :/

And so far, things are getting to be more awesome! <3

gunnerpow7

Old February 17th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

I personally went on with reading all the recaps just because I don't really understand everything on the first read. Plus I avoided the fandom like the plague back then because I didn't want to be spoiled, haha. That meant I couldn't look anywhere to get answers if I had a question related to the plot. So in retaliation, I did read all of the recaps. Suffice to say I got a lot of info in reading them! Hussie worked hard for those anyway, so it's also out of respect for the guy.

Year 1 is just the beginning. Wait until you see more! It's gonna be even more awesome for sure. :D
Old February 17th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
I...I just saw the update.

Spoiler:
Terezi where the hell are your pants
Old February 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

Jeez, Cid, do your fingers hurt from all the typing?

Quote:
I (partially) agree with you there! Paradoxes and loops are some of my favourite parts (and you'll get plenty of them still!!)

Quote:
Spoiler:
Guys! Bad news. D:

Jade went grimbark and Jane went Crockercorp bananas, Little Red Riding Hood-style— all with the Condesce's overpowered mind control shenanigans.
Dirk was transported in the same place as Lord Noir
I thought I knew Hussie, and that he loves messing with the fandom

Seriously, as hot as Jane's new outfit is
There is a silver lining, at least. Karkat and co. are coming. With crab walkie-talkies.

I still don't like mirthful Gamzee. But yeah, I suppose it's Hussie's comic, and he seems pretty consistent with Gamzee. Although that's ironic to say, since when has Gamzee ever been consistent? :p

Hopefully with Lord Noir being in the furthest ring, he'll meet Bec Noir and PM instead of the meteor where Dave and co. are in. Because Dirk should meet with Dave and co. first, conveniently so since he's also in the furthest ring now.

Speaking of theories, though! I heard of a theory that the batterwitch was actually on our side and we haven't realized it. Like she hates Lord English for one, another because she has actually had so many chances to kill off the alpha kids and she didn't, third because of her attempts to get Roxy into her plans before Roxy escaped (even giving her a ring that enhanced her powers as a hero of Void), and lastly because she's practically Meenah (whom I think has some good within her despite the, at times, obnoxious personality) in a different timeline.

I think Hussie just plans to sink all ships and not have anyone ending up with another or something. :p

Who actually knows where John is right now? I certainly don't, smh.
Spoiler:

Omfg "grimbark". I love that WAY too much right now.
I don't think Dirk and Lord Noir (awesome, it's caught on; thank you whoever I read it off of!) are in the same place. The question marks next to their image makes me think either "we have NO CLUE where they are" or "they're somewhere/somewhen in the furthest ring but not too sure when/where exactly". Either way, they were on opposite sides of the image, so I don't think we have to worry about them being next to each other.
I love being surprised so majorly like this. Makes me love the story even more.

I agree with you on Jane's new-found attractiveness (funny how a colour change makes a difference like that).
I was grinning madly when I saw Karkat :D

You can predict Gamzee to be unpredictable! :D

Hmm... I figure Lord Noir might meet up with Bec Noir and PM, and Dirk might meet up with the trolls and co. Can't say for certain though.

That does make some sense; though ultimately I think she's a third party. She likes her power and she wants to rule; she's working with Lord English to meet that goal, but she also has her own plan going on too (which partly include the kids). Her best case scenario is probably to defeat English, and the kids.

I honestly have no idea how ships will work, in the end.

We... might see some John in this intermission, I think?
Old February 18th, 2013, 04:56 AM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

So, I just reached the End of Act 4 and it was OMFG reaction... And just realized that that entry was published on the 413th day since the series began ~.~

413 is an important number in the series!

gunnerpow7

Old February 18th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
Yes! Just like 612 and 1025 and 111111!

:wishthatthe:mspa:emoteworkshere:
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Gotta love them arc numbers. (b'')b Whenever I see those numbers anywhere irl I just immediately get reminded of Homestuck, so that's pretty much why they're awesome and a staple to the series, haha. As for paradoxes and loops, they are pretty interesting but also kind of too complicated at times that it makes theorizing and compiling stuff harder. But yeah, I still enjoy them. :p

Quote:
Jeez, Cid, do your fingers hurt from all the typing?
That's just dedication, bro. XD; Seriously, if you saw how long my replies were with the Kingdom Hearts-related discussions back in the old Square-Enix fan club thread, what I typed in this thread just pales in comparison, haha. I enjoy this franchise a lot. It's the least I could do to contribute to the fandom.

Speaking of which, I actually wish I wasn't so lazy with joining the MSPA forums. It's been almost six months and I still don't have an account there. ;;

Quote:
Spoiler:

Omfg "grimbark". I love that WAY too much right now.
I don't think Dirk and Lord Noir (awesome, it's caught on; thank you whoever I read it off of!) are in the same place. The question marks next to their image makes me think either "we have NO CLUE where they are" or "they're somewhere/somewhen in the furthest ring but not too sure when/where exactly". Either way, they were on opposite sides of the image, so I don't think we have to worry about them being next to each other.
I love being surprised so majorly like this. Makes me love the story even more.

I agree with you on Jane's new-found attractiveness (funny how a colour change makes a difference like that).
I was grinning madly when I saw Karkat :D

You can predict Gamzee to be unpredictable! :D

Hmm... I figure Lord Noir might meet up with Bec Noir and PM, and Dirk might meet up with the trolls and co. Can't say for certain though.

That does make some sense; though ultimately I think she's a third party. She likes her power and she wants to rule; she's working with Lord English to meet that goal, but she also has her own plan going on too (which partly include the kids). Her best case scenario is probably to defeat English, and the kids.

I honestly have no idea how ships will work, in the end.

We... might see some John in this intermission, I think?
Spoiler:
I love grimbark as a term, sure, but I don't like how it turned Jade into an overpowered Bec Noir with Witch of Space powers. It's like getting one of the sweetest people you know and making them pure evil, all berserk and on steroids. D:

Ah yeah, I actually meant that they're both out beyond the furthest ring, but not at the same place. But yeah, I agree that it's probably foreshadowing the two groups of characters who'll possibly be arriving in that session through the furthest ring (and thus, Lord Noir and Dirk will encounter one of each). The meteor with Karkat and co., and the two wolves, PM and Bec Noir. Hope that your theory of which meets up with which comes to fruition.

I actually like the twists, too. But my first reaction to that whopper of an update was just wtf. I mean it was just borderline horrifying and not okay (again, I'm okay with it now, but I was really just utterly devastated back then, lmao).

I hope Jane keeps the colors even if she snaps out of her trance (probably not, but a guy can hope, right?). The original colors were horribly plain. But yeah, Karkat is awesome. I was happy to see his crabby text again, and again that crab walkie-talkie with the speaker crab function, haha.

I suppose you could do that, haha. Gamzee has always been unpredictable though, so it's probably more of a surprise if he suddenly isn't unpredictable for once.

Hmm, that is the likeliest case. I just wish if Hussie's gonna go with that, that she gets a chance to talk with Meenah to prove that she actually has shades within her. Or anyone else who could do that. Maybe one of the kids or trolls could, I don't know.

I think it'll be most convenient for Hussie if he just sticks with one or two relationships and make everyone else just good friends.

Hope John appears in the intermission like you say. Seriously, is he not worried about Jade?

update (02/18/13)
Spoiler:
The Karkat x Dave bromance, holy smokes, I don't know why but I just felt really happy reading that. It's probably one of the best conversations in the comic, thus far. I mean you get an intimate Karkat for one; that rarely happens. Plus, Dave actually cares to say his peace despite all that. And he sounded genuinely comforting, towards Karkat of all people. Man, I don't know. I'm just really happy for them because they got it all sorted out and that they're actually bros for life now (Dave's words). They look pretty tight and enjoy each other's company, while still being crabby as Karkat has always been, and cool kid-ish as Dave's, so they still mess with each other without making it awkward. Those kinds of conversations keep me from quitting Homestuck, especially when updates like )(IC: Spring trap x2 combo exist. Really.

Also, Rose x Kanaya is apparently going steady (heck yeah), Karkat x Terezi has been dead for a while now, and Dave x Terezi was also cut short. I don't really know what to think of this. I mean I found their conversations and sketch exchanges pretty hilarious, but I always liked Karkat x Terezi and Dave x Jade, or heck, Dave x Rose, over Dave x Terezi, so I don't know.

I seriously don't like Gamzee x Terezi. Like I said, I've never really liked this new Gamzee, and to have Terezi getting wasted with Faygo and apparently being converted into a juggalo is just bad for her. Terezi was really okay as a character already. Why put all that character development to waste, Hussie? Now it's not just the old Gamzee. I want the old Terezi back.

Last edited by Cid; February 18th, 2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

The arc numbers are my favourite, especially how he seems to throw them in as much as he can and it always works.

Response to Cid:
Spoiler:
Quote:
I love grimbark as a term, sure, but I don't like how it turned Jade into an overpowered Bec Noir with Witch of Space powers. It's like getting one of the sweetest people you know and making them pure evil, all berserk and on steroids. D:
I don't think Grimbarkness actually gave her a power boost; she's just being controlled by HIC. Though I can see why you wouldn't like such a nice, sweet character to jump sides, I personally enjoy the shake up. It keeps the story dynamic.

Quote:
I hope Jane keeps the colors even if she snaps out of her trance (probably not, but a guy can hope, right?). The original colors were horribly plain.
Yeah, I'm actually kind of surprised that he picked such plain colours for "life".

18-19/02/13
Spoiler:
I really love the interactions between Dave and Karkat; I won't go too indepth about it (I think Cid covers a lot), but it's just so... nostalgic to get back to them. Like meeting your old friends again after a few months.

I really think he's just poking fun with this whole... "Act 6 Intermission 5 Intermission 1". Though now we see how the Felt are being created, and Caliborn's Cal helmet. Man that thing is creepy.

I wonder what number 8 will look like...

Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:37 PM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Guys, new topic!

What's your favorite song on Homestuck?

I mean there's a plethora of songs that can be heard on Homestuck...

You could listen to them here.

Mine is Sburban Jungle. The same one used in the ending of Act 3 and is as of yet my fave.

gunnerpow7

Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:02 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Before I say anything else - GUNNERPOW, I hope you didn't skip the intermission after Act 3! It's important (or at least interesting) later on. Maybe you'll come back and read it again when you realize that. I know I did. :3

Great topic. I just can't answer it without listing a thousand songs xD But those I like the most are the classic ones that just set the tone for Homestuck and have inspired many later songs. George Buzinkai is probably my favorite Homestuck composer.

Here follows my favorite Homestuck songs and where they were used in case they were used. Oldest to newest:

Three in the Morning - Used when we first see Sn0wman. Several remixes of this jazzlike song have been made and it just fits in with the Midnight Crew and the Felt so well.
Remixes include: 3 In The Morning (Pianokind)

Skies of Skaia - pure beauty. First used when Nanna tells the story of Skaia's battle.
Nice remixes: Song of Skaia, Skaia (Incipishpere remix)

Ballad of Awakening - this song isn't used again from what I remember, but the deep feeling it provides when it is used in the flash where we see Jade dreaming just adds so much to the epicness that you begin to understand that Homestuck is.

Sburban Jungle - yes of course. This made Rose's entrance to the Medium thrilling. It's been used again as part of many songs and drastically remixed in Another Jungle.

DOCTOR - this is my absolute favorite of all Homestuck songs. Hands down. Its remixes are more epic, sure, but this first played when John got to see what his Land was really like and this melody just IS Homestuck for me. Perhaps the most remixed song? There are a ton of less notable remixes, and then there are two special songs where Doctor has been merged with Penumbra Phantasm, a song which has never been completely revealed... Savior of the Waking World, Savior of the Dreaming Dead
Other, more pure remixes can be found on Homestuck Vol.5 but here is one jewel: Green Ghost

Descend - this is an end-of-act flash song which consists of several different tunes. First we have the obvious Upward Movement (Dave Owns), then suddenly we have the melody from Beatdown (Strider Style) and switch into the theme of Black (which in turn is a remix of Liquid Negrocity). All in all, this theme is fantastic, as is its flash clip.
Other remixes of Upward Movement: Terezi Owns, Rize of the Denizens (unofficial but great!)

Temporal Piano - probably a remix of Temporary, or the other way around?. Too beautiful for the Felt, makes you think about what a hard life LE's servants must lead...

Gaia Queen - made for Jade, but never used in a flash. I really love it and it fits well together with the flash where Jade enters the Medium!

Crystalanthology - a feelfull remix of Crystalanthemums, a song that has been incorporated and remixed in many ways. It probably has something to do with Vriska, as she is featured in the images. Only remix used in a flash is Crystalmanthequins, which shows us a bit from the trolls' history and session.
Other notable remix: Crystalmethequins

Even in Death - mystic and strange. Maybe made for grimdark Rose but used when Roxy sleepwalks. Its remix was used to show us a bit of the alpha kids' session.
Remix: Even in Death (T'Morra's Belly Mix)

Calamity - nothing special, never used to my knowledge but still great!

Galaxy Hearts - a really nice tune. Never used, but the feeling it gives off is really nice. Kind of hopeless and mystic at the same time.

Infinity Mechanism - the artist thought about the gravity of the Scratch when they painted the image, and I'm not sure about what the composer thought. But it was used to foreshadow events in the alpha session and give us a feeling of starting off fresh, a new chance, a new Skaia! I really love the epic restart feeling that it gives off. A personal top favorite.

Moonsetter - because it's to pleasant and sad at once, especially when you look at the picture. Never used, but cute.

A Taste for Adventure - it is epic. It fits with the Cascade flash animation! I really hope Hussie makes a flash to this music one day. It would be amazing.

Last edited by Adventure; February 23rd, 2013 at 06:29 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links