The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:24 PM
beiberhole69
Unhatched Egg

Hello! A few of my friends and I are having a tournament soon using Emerald, R/S, and FR/LG. I've EV trained two of the Pokemon and am planning on EV training one more, but due to time constraints I can't do the whole team. If you spot any weakness or have any suggestions please point them out! :-) Also, I hope I posted this in the right place, I'm new to the forum and thought it would fit best here!

Gengar
Choice Scarf
-Ice Punch
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic

Dragonite
Leftovers
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake

Snorlax(EV trained but not sure in what)
Leftovers
-Curse
-Body Slam
-Fire Punch
-Recover

Feraligatr(EV trained but not sure in what)
Leftovers
-Swords Dance
-Return
-Surf
-Earthquake

Blaziken
Leftovers
-Blaze Kick
-Sky Uppercut
-Swords Dance
-Thunder Punch

Blissey
Leftovers
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam

EVs for Blissey: 252Def/40SpA/216SpD
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:08 PM
kingofbluesteel
Pirate

Nature: Quirky
other than trying to replace icebeam with sesmic toss on blissey it all looks good. blissey would be walled by water,ice,steel, and thick fat users with icebeam
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
All I recommend is Rock Slide > Return on Feraligatr, because you'll gain more coverage that way. Other than that, it looks pretty solid! I'd just watch out for DD Tyranitar, since some people like to carry Lum Berry over Leftovers, or can run Taunt against your Blissey, and set up and sweep from there. You can alternatively run Swampert over Feraligatr if you're concerned about the bulk issue against that, unless you'd suspect that it might run HP Grass.

Well, hope that helps; good luck on the tournament! ^^

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:46 PM
.MiKeY
Rabid Knight

Nature: Calm
Choice Scarf isn't avalible in 3rd Gen so that shouldn't be on Gengar. :p Also
on Gengar you should replace Shadow Ball for something like Giga Drain/ or a status move of some sort. Shadow Ball may be a STAB, but remember in 3rd Gen it would run off it's Attack stat and not it's Special Attack since the special/physical split didn't come out till 4th Gen.

We also need natures and proper EV's to critique your team further.

Last edited by .MiKeY; January 29th, 2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:22 PM
atie

Nature: Quiet
I would remove Fire punch from Snorlax replace it with Earthquake or Shadow ball
Fire type moves wouldn't take full advantage of CurseLax high attack.. If you predicted some of your friends Pokemons resist fire, use atleast fire blast for the extra hit which can one hit ko

What I also used to do with Snorlax was full cursing and then boom with a stab Hyperbeam that should be in every way better then fire punch except agianst steel pokemon but in that case earthquake would be the best for Snorlax. but you mostlikely can't get another earthquake if you haven't got a cloned spare one..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gliscor is boss. Period.
Old February 11th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Iceman3k
Kickin' it Retirement Style

Nature: Docile
Send a message via AIM to Iceman3k
There's STILL 3rd Gen Team posts, hmm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by beiberhole69 View Post
Hello! A few of my friends and I are having a tournament soon using Emerald, R/S, and FR/LG. I've EV trained two of the Pokemon and am planning on EV training one more, but due to time constraints I can't do the whole team. If you spot any weakness or have any suggestions please point them out! :-) Also, I hope I posted this in the right place, I'm new to the forum and thought it would fit best here!

Gengar
Leftovers
-Ice Punch
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Punch
On a Gengar... Psychic doesn't have much coverage. SubPunch proves as a reliable surprise (well when I used it anyway...)

Dragonite
Leftovers
-Dragon Dance
-Thunderbolt / Thunder
-Hidden Power (Rock) / Aerial Ace
-Earthquake
This guy is a ridiculous threat as a Dragon Dance Sweeper.

Snorlax(EV trained but not sure in what)
Leftovers
-Curse
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Rest
Snorlax can't learn Recover... Would be nice if it was able to though.

Feraligatr(EV trained but not sure in what)
Leftovers
-Swords Dance
-Return / Aerial Ace
-Hidden Power (Rock) / Rock Slide
-Earthquake
Not too shabby.

Blaziken
Salac Berry
-Flamethrower / Fire Blast
-Reversal
-Swords Dance / Rock Slide
-Endure
There's roughly only one way to use Blaziken in 3rd Gen. Beware of Sandstorm though.

Blissey
Leftovers
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam / Seismic Toss

EVs for Blissey: 252Def/40SpA/216HP
Not bad... Blissey has enough SDef naturally though. Invest those EVs into HP instead.
This team could use a reliable Physical Wall, and maybe moreso, something else to combat Tyranitar if Gengar can't get the job done. Starmie might be a considerable option to use instead of Feraligatr, but that's just my opinion.
I'm officially retired from all competitive play due to my busy schedule. But I'm never going to lose the love that I have for the Pokemon game in general. I now spend my free time playing GBA Pokemon Hacks just for the enjoyment of it.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links