The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

View Poll Results: Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?
Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen. 0 0%
Yeah, you should probably go for something else. 5 41.67%
Nah, it's fine. 7 58.33%
WHA- The white version is the best! 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Fenrir Reki
Guardian of Destruction

Nature: Calm
Unless you have a seal anywhere that reads "Warranty void if opened" on your 360, go ahead and open it up. They won't notice a difference most likely since you're not messing with the internal parts or anything.

(Working on a better signature + avy)

Old January 29th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties

Nature: Lax
Go for these as well:
Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers(Its like Zelda, open world, but with telekinetic powers and 300 random task to achieve using them. It sounds stupid, but that's the point, having stupid fun)
Xenoblade Chronicles(Massive RPG, that needs time. I dunno if your willing to, but its so beautiful)
Go Vacation(the minigames are a bit wonky but the OW makes up for it, and so does the house building)
Endless Ocean 1&2(both are open world ocean exploring with little gameplay, but they are amazingly beautiful and calming. And 2 has an awesome underwater mansion that you can explore)
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Spinosaurus

IMO, the three (or, four) must haves are:
-Rhythm Heaven Fever (Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise in Europe)
-Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
-Donkey Kong Country Returns

But I absolutely recommend all of these as well:
-Punch Out!! (Hard, and has a nice arcade feel. It's basically boxing without footwork: Good countering, reflexes and reactions are all you need. Title Defense mode is brutal, but it's where the game shines. Get if you want a retro styled game that is unforgiving. Has amazing animations.)
-Wario Land: Shake It!/Shake Dimension (Good off beat platformer. A bit on the easy side, unless you go for the challenges, and the level design shows it's juice when you try go for them. Gorgeous game, feels like playing a cartoon.)
-Warioware: Smooth Moves (So much content and one of the best uses of the Wiimote.)
-Zack and Wiki (Excellent point and click adventure with fantastic puzzle designs.)
-Little King's Story (The most charming game of the generation imo. It's an RTS, a lot like Pikmin, but more strategic.)
-Another Code: R (If you're in Europe.)
-Trauma Team (If you're in the US.)
-Metroid Prime 3
-Trauma Center
-Zelda: Skyward Sword (for the combat. game has too much filler, but if you can tolerate those then absolutely.)
-New Play Control: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (if you can get the Gamecube version with the bongos, though, then get that instead. Or double dip since both are pretty different.)

And if you missed out on the gamecube: The two must haves from that system are F-Zero GX and Smash Bros Melee. You can find both cheap enough online.

Last edited by Spinosaurus; January 29th, 2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:35 PM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Nature: Relaxed
Since it hasn't been listed, I HIGHLY suggest you play Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes. It's a great and very overlooked game.
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Riveria
Ocean Breeze and River Flow...

Nature: Brave
Hi! My MC IGN is aprilflowers, I'm looking for epic servers for minecraft .3.
Any of these requirements may help me find a good server.
My requirements, at least 5 required:
The Jobs Plugin
The Towny Plugin
Optional PVP (Arena's etc)
Mob Arena Plugin
No Whitelist
Friendly Staff
An Online Forum
Plots
A Creative World
Money;Shops;ChestShops
NO HEROBRINE (Oh yeah, I went there.)
Riveria is the champion in my new region, which I will post a Roleplay about to anyone who wants to take on the responsibility of being a gym leader! :D

Last edited by Riveria; February 4th, 2013 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Colorizing
Old February 4th, 2013, 09:26 PM
curiousnathan
I will find you

Nature: Quiet
The Pokecommunity actually has a very server of its own, which satisfies around 90% of what you are looking for. I'd definitely recommend you take a look here. (You might catch me on there most nights!) Most of the players there are members of the forums here too so don't feel afraid to ask questions and mingle.

Have fun!

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live

Last edited by curiousnathan; February 5th, 2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old February 9th, 2013, 11:18 AM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

I suppose my question goes here...
Up until today, my Wii was perfectly fine. This morning however, my game disc would not eject. It makes some weird sound(s) but nothing happens! I have tried:
-Turning the Wii upside down
-Holding the eject button for 10 seconds
-Turning off and on multiplue ways
How do I get my game out?!
Old February 9th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
Up until today, my Wii was perfectly fine. This morning however, my game disc would not eject. It makes some weird sound(s) but nothing happens! I have tried:
How do I get my game out?!
I don't think there is much chance you could without breaking it further. If you don't feel comfortable trying to fix it or dis-assembling it, I would try go down to your local game store and see what they have to say and maybe they could repair it for you. Alternatively, you could just search Google for ways; but it still won't be as safe as getting someone at your local game store to do it for you.

Perhaps this is fate telling you to get a Wii U
Old February 10th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
How do I get my game out?! :(
From experience, it's possible that there's some small object in there that's preventing the disc from ejecting, or it might be broken right from the inside. taking it to a repair shop helps...I wouldn't recommend you to fix it yourself. I believe you can also ship your console to Nintendo directly, but that might cost you.
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:29 AM
Left 4 good

I got it from eBay, and don't just say "oh its broke" cause there was a picture of her playing it with the date and time etc.

This is a PAL (English) N64 so there is no red/white/yellow insert to the tv thingys..
I've plugged it all in, it turns on with the red light,
To be honest idk what TV channel it should be on so that'd help alot, thanks.
Old February 12th, 2013, 06:25 AM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Soo..... what are you plugging it into the TV with?
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Gyardosamped
midnight memories ♥

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIFORCE89 View Post
Soo..... what are you plugging it into the TV with?
This is my question, too.

I might be wrong, but I think you're supposed to use some sort of converter cables to be able to use it in North America (because you have to connect it to the TV using AV cables). If not, then you just need the AV cables to connect ito the TV and the power cable, of course.

Here's what AV cables look like:

One side connects to the back of the system and the other to the TV so that the TV receives the video signal.

If you didn't get any AV cables when you bought the system, then you need to buy them. They're not too expensive, and this is the only way to connect the N64 to your TV.

Also, once you've got it connected to the TV using those red, yellow and white cables, you should try using the input button on your remote (while the N64 is on) and switch through the input channels to see which channel works.

So, here's what you need:
  • AV Cables (Red/Yellow/White) to connect to TV
  • Power Cable for N64 to connect to electricity

Let us know!
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:56 AM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Alternatively to the composite cables already suggested, would be N64 S-Video cables if you can find them. Should give you a slightly better picture, which would be preferred if you're not using an old CRT set
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake

Nature: Hasty
What should I do about a Nintendo 3DS whose charging port has pins bent upward so much that the charger fails to make contact with it most of the time? Try to force the pin back, or just replace the out-of-warranty system (It's almost two years)? I am thinking of getting a 3DS XL to replace it anyway.
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:59 PM
WarriorCat
Monotype lover!!!!!

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
What should I do about a Nintendo 3DS whose charging port has pins bent upward so much that the charger fails to make contact with it most of the time? Try to force the pin back, or just replace the out-of-warranty system (It's almost two years)? I am thinking of getting a 3DS XL to replace it anyway.
I would recommend getting another one if you have the money, the Limited Edition Pikachu system is coming out on the 24th in the US(if you live there), and it's the same price as a regular 3DS XL, $199.99, so if you're going to leave with a 3DS, do it in style. :D It's going to be sold at many places, Target, Walmart, and Gamestop, but they're limited, so you might have to be fast to get one.
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Cassino
Møderator

Steam's UI has seen some changes (again).
Now, I go to [username] → Content and find two tabs: Artwork and Collections; what are these about?

DA | YT | 'Be yourself' is the worst advice anyone around here will give you.
Old March 19th, 2013, 02:13 PM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
Steam's UI has seen some changes (again).
Now, I go to [username] → Content and find two tabs: Artwork and Collections; what are these about?
The Collections are several Workshop items similar in theme that you have either favorited or created.

The Artwork is art that you post (or favorite) on game hubs. Here's the official statement on artwork:
Quote:
With this update, you’ll find a new ‘Artwork’ tab in Community Hubs, where you can now post or discover all kinds of artwork associated with your favorite Steam games. We posted some concept and character art in the Valve Community Hubs (Team Fortress, Dota 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, etc.) to help get things started. Let us know what kind of neat artwork you’ve created and share it with the community. To upload artwork, go to the related Community Hub's Artwork tab and look for the "Upload Artwork" button at the top right.
Old March 29th, 2013, 02:20 AM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me

Nature: Naughty
Does anyone play Microsoft Flight Simulator?

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old May 11th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Cassino
Møderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu View Post
Does anyone play Microsoft Flight Simulator?
Only ever played the 95 version.

DA | YT | 'Be yourself' is the worst advice anyone around here will give you.
Old May 15th, 2013, 04:30 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
So I've been playing the GBC remake of Harvest Moon GB on my 3DS that I bought of the eShop. I gave the gnomes my some of my tools like the sickle, and it has been 24 hours and I still haven't got the super sickle back in return. Is there something else I need to do?
Old May 15th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
So I've been playing the GBC remake of Harvest Moon GB on my 3DS that I bought of the eShop. I gave the gnomes my some of my tools like the sickle, and it has been 24 hours and I still haven't got the super sickle back in return. Is there something else I need to do?
I believe there was a gnome who asks you if your sickle was working alright, and he'll upgrade it the next day... have you spoken to anyone like that?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old May 15th, 2013, 05:36 AM
vaporeon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I believe there was a gnome who asks you if your sickle was working alright, and he'll upgrade it the next day... have you spoken to anyone like that?
Yeah, he took my sickle, and it has been a in-game day. I haven't got it back though. I read somewhere that you needed to wait an irl day, but how does that work on the 3DS?
Old May 15th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Yeah, he took my sickle, and it has been a in-game day. I haven't got it back though. I read somewhere that you needed to wait an irl day, but how does that work on the 3DS?
Well, first, did you say 'yes or 'no'? He'll only upgrade it if you say 'yes'. :(

Second, I don't really think the 3DS has much bearing on the VC game, aside from save slates, so, I guess it'd be a normal irl day regardless, I guess.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:19 AM
vaporeon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Well, first, did you say 'yes or 'no'? He'll only upgrade it if you say 'yes'. :(

Second, I don't really think the 3DS has much bearing on the VC game, aside from save slates, so, I guess it'd be a normal irl day regardless, I guess.
Yeah I did :(

Maybe I'll try leaving it on with the game up and just be inside a building, cause game time doesn't pass in them.
Old June 24th, 2013, 06:32 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
Hi!

I just want to ask about the 3DS Wifi features and playing ordinary DS games.

My 3DS is set onto the Wifi we have. When I open my DS game will I need to configure the WFC, etc. settings in order to activate wireless features or can I use my 3DS wifi settings to bypass those details? I don't have a WEP key or whatever for the DS settings and I want to be able to use the WFC and internet for games like Animal Crossing and Dragonquest IX.

I hope that wasn't too confusing. Sorry for sounding like a total noob - technology confuses me sometimes..

thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links