Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:40 PM
BlueShadow V 2.0

Advertise here
As you people know, the new Eevolution named Ninfia was revealed. Its type and method of evolution are unknown, so let's start analyzing what type it could be:

The available types are:
Normal
Dragon
Rock
Ground
Ghost
Steel
Fighting
Bug
Poison
Flying

I personally dont think Ninfia represents any of the types mentioned above (Maybe Flying or Normal)... So what about if the revelation of Ninfia is a way to announce or introduce a NEW type? Maybe something like LIGHT type?

Opinions on this idea?
Just Be You!

Funniest Post ever seen:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigapoodle View Post
What's the deal with Blastoise? He looks like some sort of Mafia Drama Queen.
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:01 PM
lightfurret

I say they should troll us good once and for all and make it a rock-bug type. Then everybody will be like "WHUT?!"
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Paradise3
Unhatched Egg

If it's a stand alone, I think it'd be cool if it was a normal type. Eevee's stats are less than amazing so if it had a normal type evolution it might be nice, especially since normal types generally have amazingly diverse move pools.

It'd be cool if it was a new type but I'm not holding my breath... Dark and steel types were introduced to balance psychic and fighting types, right? Is there really such a huge imbalance elsewhere that absolutely requires new types, this far after the last "new" types were introduced?

That said, if there was a light type, I think it'd be interesting to see what its strengths and weaknesses would be... It might be cool if it was super effective on fighting, dark, and steel, while being not very effective on psychic and ghost, and defensively resistant to fighting and bug (possibly being immune to one of those) and weak to ghost and dark attacks... (In short, exactly the opposite of dark types, and therefore being strong and weak against them.) Might be interesting... Still, I don't really expect new types. I wouldn't terribly mind it, but I think the new Eeveelution doesn't necessarily mean it is a new type. Could fairly easily be a normal or flying type, based on appearance.
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:13 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
i tried looking it up since i haven't heard of it and it auto corrected it to "ninfea" which is a flower. i doubt they would make a second grass type but i can't figure out if the flower is poisonous. is it is, this is probably a poison type.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:27 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterman View Post
i tried looking it up since i haven't heard of it and it auto corrected it to "ninfea" which is a flower. i doubt they would make a second grass type but i can't figure out if the flower is poisonous. is it is, this is probably a poison type.
Uhhh....

Spoiler:

Does that change your opinion?
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:51 PM
lightfurret

Quote:
Originally Posted by tente2 View Post
Uhhh....

Spoiler:

Does that change your opinion?
Well, it does has these vampiric teeth...
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:51 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

no, i saw it before, but there are a lot of pretty flowers that are poisonous.

but this did...
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2142132AA9LlQ6

that guy, he's psychic!

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
I think it's a new type, which I think will be a Rainbow-type, and I would of thought that even if there wasn't a rainbow in the background. I also think the new legendary Pokémon revealed last month are the same type, plus something additional. The one for Y is clearly part Flying-type.

I would prefer a Light-type, which is something I've wanted since gen 2.

This announcement clearly means a return to having new evolutions for older Pokémon which makes me extremely happy. I didn't think we would see a new Eevee, but I was hoping for one. I hope we get a second one, but I doubt it. I don't like the look of this one.
Pokémon White Friend Code: 4813 6266 9528
Pokémon Black 2 Friend Code: 1979 7985 3252
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Oh it's such a beautiful little darling ahsaldfjljsdfj

I can almost guarantee it'll be Normal Type, but of course I could be wrong.
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:37 PM
BUKKØW

why not a "fairy" typing instead of "light" this would give some older mon a new primary or secondary typing.

3DS FC: 5429-9023-9555
Current Shinys: NONE
FRIEND SAFARI:
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Fairy is an egg group, and that kind of fits in the Flying category. But I like the idea of sparkly, magical Pokemon 8D
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Basculin
Dragonite Fan

Nature: Gentle
I like the idea of a new pokemon type! I think it is either Flying or Dragon though...

Platinum FC:
1291 7915 8896
White FC: 1163 2702 7590
White 2 FC: 2280 5895 3333
Pokemon X FC: 4081 6662 2044
CMT? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...22#post6883822
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Every new Coro Coro lists the Pokemon's Type as "Unknown" or Secret. It has ? ? ? in the place just as Yveltal and Xerneas do. They did the same thing with Reshiram and Zekrom when they were released. The only reason they do that is to not tell us what the type is. Its just marketing strategy to make us (well Japan) go watch the movie since Ninfia is going to be the center for the mini episode before the Genesect movie.

Also keep in mind that Meowthe somehow causes the Evolution in the movie. So its most likely an evolution based on Item that Meowth brings to/drops on Eevee.

As for it being a new unheard of type, very low chance right now. Its most likely Normal given its very plain appearance. Hope its Dragon though.
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

I'm going to guess it might have to do something heavily about Happiness, Nature and Gender. Plus I'm hoping it's a Normal-type, I can't see Ninfia being Poison or Dragon.

To add, maybe Nintendo is planning to add a:

Male Normal + Some mechanic (happiness, nature, etc.) -> A Normal, male evolution that is the counterpart of Ninfia.

Female Normal + Some mechanic (happiness, nature, etc.) -> Ninfia.
pair: Sheep
【=◈︿◈=】
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logiedan View Post
I'm going to guess it might have to do something heavily about Happiness, Nature and Gender. Plus I'm hoping it's a Normal-type, I can't see Ninfia being Poison or Dragon.

To add, maybe Nintendo is planning to add a:

Male Normal + Some mechanic (happiness, nature, etc.) -> A Normal, male evolution that is the counterpart of Ninfia.

Female Normal + Some mechanic (happiness, nature, etc.) -> Ninfia.
If we were getting two wouldn't they both have been shown? Only Ninfia is shown for the movie which could mean we only get 1 Eevee Evolution this generation.
Old February 12th, 2013, 04:09 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I honestly don't think ninfia will have a new type, unless a ribbon or fabirc type is created :P. I'm thinking flying at the moment, I think.

Also, as to Logiedon's idea, it could just be that Ninfia is an all female evolution - as female eevees are rare, so it isn't super easy to obtain.
Old February 12th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
It would be interesting if Ninfia would be a new type, but I really don't know how likely that actually is. u_u;; A lot of people are leaning towards more existing types like Normal and Perhaps Flying, but I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to a new type!
Old February 12th, 2013, 04:36 PM
rageahollic33
MrUmbreonFan

Nature: Serious
the bubblegum type lol.

but seriously I think its either a normal , Flying or light.

plus the way I look at the picture it might be a female only eeveelution.
Old February 12th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I think its flying, just because it reminds me of Skyla.
If you play the pokemon trading card game, or if you're just a collector, check out tradecardsonline.com, and be sure to put my name, demonshade, in the referral box if you decide to make an account.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ACDCRocks780
Old February 12th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Wandering~Leaf
-Mordor and Eldar Supporter :3

Nature: Modest
I have no idea what type it is, and I honestly don't care.

It's adorable. :3
3DS FC: 4871 - 4185 - 2631

"Now the Elves made many rings; but secretly Sauron made One Ring to rule all the others, and their power was bound up with it, to be subject wholly to it and to last only so long as it too should last."
Old February 12th, 2013, 04:44 PM
lifeburst
ROAR OF TIME

Nature: Timid
I'm thinking a fighting type, with the little box doing the the move, it looks pretty fighting type-ish.
besides I can't think of any cute fighting types. But of course, Eeveeloutions are special based so I'm going to go with dragon :3 time for a cute dragon type.
Old February 12th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
If we were getting two wouldn't they both have been shown? Only Ninfia is shown for the movie which could mean we only get 1 Eevee Evolution this generation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
I honestly don't think ninfia will have a new type, unless a ribbon or fabirc type is created :P. I'm thinking flying at the moment, I think.

Also, as to Logiedon's idea, it could just be that Ninfia is an all female evolution - as female eevees are rare, so it isn't super easy to obtain.
That's true. A female-only Eevee evolution is possible, but that opens the door for a male-only as well which now I'm considering less likely from both of your responses. Instead of a fabric/ribbon/pure-type they can include a specific hold-item available to evolve the Eevee; most likely a ribbon or bow-like item.

Seeing how Ninfia can be somewhat special than most Pokemon (because of its mini movie appearance) that Nintendo can put some special things implemented in the game for Eevee to turn into a Ninfia. Sort of like Shaymin into Sky-Shaymin.
pair: Sheep
【=◈︿◈=】
Old February 12th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

There's already a discussion on new types introduced in Pokemon XY located here. The CoroCoro thread includes discussion on Ninfia and its suspected types as well. Happy speculating! :)

Closed~
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here