The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 29th, 2012, 03:21 PM
PhoenixWright77
Pokémaster Attorney

Nature: Calm
I would like to be a tester. I have Hamachi working and everything.

Pokemon Y friend code:0559-6785-8830
Remember to PM me if you add me!
Old December 30th, 2012, 02:00 AM
ThatIceman
Togepi

i wanna join as a tester i got hamachi and VBA link 1.8 with lan/wifi edition too!!! also works with hamachi and i did test it with my own computer to trade between 2 save files in same computer oh and also i made a tutorial to help you guys out here it is : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=290775

dont forget to add me as a beta tester please
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:01 AM
rocky4got10
Unhatched Egg

Any news? It's a stupid thing, but I'd like to try the "Dodrio berry picking" mini-game, but I need 2 more players!
I tried to link 3 VBAs on the same computer, but it works only with with 2 emulators.

If this project grows up I'm available!
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Nathan
prince
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
If this project is still alive, count me as a beta tester. Always wanted to play GBA games on multiplayer.
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Noobhanger1337
Unhatched Egg

network full. wttf i really wanna join
Old February 9th, 2013, 11:10 PM
LugiaMZ

I'm new to using Hamachi... But I would like to be a tester please...
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Canen
Sometimes, I like to party.

Nature: Relaxed
If this works this would be amazing.

Count me in if you need a tester.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:45 PM
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Thanks for opening this I can battle you guys now
And by now i mean on my free time
Old May 21st, 2013, 09:14 AM
Samdo900
Unhatched Egg

Is this still going to happen?
I'd love to test it so I can have someone to play with
Old June 13th, 2013, 02:22 PM
totodile493
Person

I am creating a secondary server for ya. :D

IPv4 address: 25.164.239.100

It's called Pokécom GBA Link Server (yes the e has the apostrophe thing - hit Alt + 0233).

Password: pokecom
[without the "é"]

NOTICE:
*This is not guaranteed to work.

*The server is only up as long as the host (me) is online. Expect much downtime, although I will try to keep the server (my computer) running as much as possible.

*Use the same game. Difficulties will surely arise if one person is using Pokémon Black (hack) and the other is using "legit" Pokémon Firered.

*Throttle might screw things up.

*Don't forget you can right-click someone's name and fire up a chat channel.

*Optimize your VBA for best performance. Even if it plays at 100% all the time normally, linking causes massive lag spikes. When I tried with my friends, it dropped to 60%. On some occasions, it dropped to 20% and crashed.

*Set your timeout at like, 10,000 or above.

*The VBALink team recommends you turn the advanced network setting from "Safer" to "Faster" for Pokémon games.

Last edited by totodile493; June 13th, 2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old June 17th, 2013, 07:52 PM
ShinigamiRyuk
Unhatched Egg

Is the project dead???

And could we get a time-when-server-will-normally-be-on for totodile493's server???
Old June 17th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Gigal1

I tried this with my friends the hacks we tried either didn't have a trade center or didnt work the main games like fire red and ruby worked
but they were slow af i tried this about 4 months ago(not sure if it matters)
Old June 18th, 2013, 06:58 AM
molivious
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
Couldn't hamachi only handle a limited amount of people? 10-30 iirc? That'd be a terrible bump for making this possible.

but anyway, me and my friends (who are from Asia, Germany, Mexico, and Finland) were trying to connect into a game once... and although the others appeared on the list, we didn't meet each other in-game.

To solve that problem, you will have to make someone else host another VPN...

I recall latency/lag issues being a big hindrance too. While trading is easily possible (not much data transfer going on), battles probably would be messed up. I remember having pokemon battle experiences (and take note, this was even using a GBAs and a real link cable), i supposedly killed a friend's snorlax with a crit, but in his side, the "crit" didn't register.... and it appeared to him as if he only took a normal attack. Now in my game, his snorlax has fainted, and on his game, my pokemon were fainted. >_< couldn't imagine how worse it would be over the internet with someone terribly lagging on one side.

Although for the battling part, there's always Pokemon Online. Probably setup a PO thread for this community, so we could battle each other from time to time. Even setup tournaments of our own.

Last edited by molivious; June 18th, 2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old June 19th, 2013, 07:55 PM
totodile493
Person

I'm not sure how Hamachi works as far as keeping the server running when the computer is locked or shut down, but my "server hours" are roughly:

Opens 4 p.m. Philippines time,
closes 4 a.m. Philippines time.

A long time ago, Hamachi used to allow 15 people on a free server. Then it changed to 10 people. Nowadays, the free limit is 5.

I played with someone on my server. I was the VBALink server, but my computer could not handle it with its humble 1.3 GHz, and the emulator instantly crashed. We tried again, this time me being the client, and his connection must have been bad because we sat there for several minutes staring at the "Awaiting communication from other players, press B to cancel..."
We tried many things but my computer simply could not run the emulator as server and the other guy apparently had a poor connection.
Old June 19th, 2013, 09:23 PM
molivious
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by totodile493 View Post
I'm not sure how Hamachi works as far as keeping the server running when the computer is locked or shut down...

...We tried many things but my computer simply could not run the emulator as server and the other guy apparently had a poor connection.
For the bolded part, people who login may still see others within the same Network (remember, Hamachi IS the server and it allows Virtual Private Networks to be hosted by anyone; in other words, you're not actually putting up a server, but a private network).

So firstly, as i've said, if 5 people belong in the network... and 2 "members" are online, they may still connect to each other whether the Network Creator is online or not. This also means that they don't have to make/host a private connection of their own.

Secondly, as the name implies, that private network is private. Aside from those 5 people, no one else could enter the network nor see whether one of those members are online. UNLESS, of course, if the member(s) they're looking for is another member of another network(s)... and so on and so forth.

So basically, people would still have to make their own personal networks so that they could connect with everyone at any time, as a 5-person limit doesn't really create a network to keep all people in touch. This only applies for Hamachi, though.

Last edited by molivious; June 19th, 2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old June 20th, 2013, 05:15 PM
N30
The New Fire

This seems like a interesting idea.
Old June 21st, 2013, 04:38 AM
stranger
lost in las vegas

Guys this thread was over the renewal date before it was bumped. totodile493 feel free to make a new thread about the server, it'll also be a bit more organised that way. Just be sure to check dates in future! Thanks.

Locked.

every moment with you is an adventure
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links