The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 13th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

I don't have an issue with you personally, Eve. In the Zelda one, nothing came up.

In SSBB, your character tried to murder mine. Obvious reasons for frustration there.

In this game, Solo is...trying to murder somebody and accidentally almost murdered half a cafeteria.

In comparison...nobody else in this game has tried to murder anybody, or anybody in SSBB. It's solely a problem with you literally trying to get away with murder.

The only problem I can genuinely bring up with you as a person is the blatant misogyny of the "fangirls", implying that women are dumb and ruled only by lust, despite repeatedly being told that there's no interest there.
Old February 13th, 2013, 02:21 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
That is deadly, but the whole scream wasn't an intentional choice of his. he was overcome with blinding rage and that was how it let itself out.
Well, I would say that an inhibitor would be a good idea, especially since the scream was not completely his fault. It wouldn't be punishment, it would be for his own good as well as for the good of the other students; a precaution in case something like that happens again.
Old February 13th, 2013, 02:32 PM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
I don't have an issue with you personally, Eve. In the Zelda one, nothing came up.

In SSBB, your character tried to murder mine. Obvious reasons for frustration there.

In this game, Solo is...trying to murder somebody and accidentally almost murdered half a cafeteria.

In comparison...nobody else in this game has tried to murder anybody, or anybody in SSBB. It's solely a problem with you literally trying to get away with murder.

The only problem I can genuinely bring up with you as a person is the blatant misogyny of the "fangirls", implying that women are dumb and ruled only by lust, despite repeatedly being told that there's no interest there.
Erm, let's see... In order...

Our characters never interacted, so it'd be hard for that to be possible (hate that it didn't last long enough)

Smash Bros... That was a test of strength. If anything, your character was more prone to murder than anything.

This... Doesn't make any sense to me. I explain the reasonings, the characters' thoughts or actions, but that just doesn't seem to matter to you. I believe that, in a life-or-death situation, killing your assailant would be the only way to save yourself. There Werewolves were out to kill, and had far better chances of doing so on top of that. I don't think I've ever tried to "get away with murder" with any of my characters, as with every instance it was justifiable.

"Fangirls" isn't something I'm creating, nor stating any actuality in (However there are some people like that, in either sex, usually it's just a phase for younger teens). Fangirls are something used for comedic purposes in many different stories. An anime-ish story seems more than welcoming to that sort of humor.

So no, I don't actually think that. Never have I been sexist, or racist, or anything of the sort. I make fun of everyone equally.

My point is that you seem to go after me specifically, and honestly it's a very uncomfortable position to be in.

I agree with machomuu, in that they could create some sort of device to limit his powers. The question would be what he should do if he finds himself in a dangerous situation and needs his powers for defense. For example, if a Fairytale raid comes at the school.

It'd be rather amusing to watch him complain about it, too.

If such a thing is created, it could be ironically made into a collar.

At least until he eventually is able to learn to control his powers.

Old February 13th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

These events only came around because the assailants were comically evil, only to justify Solo trying to murder them. And, as I've pointed out, it's still murder, no matter how one might try to justify it.

The issue with fangirls is that you're making it a fact of the world. If it were Solo's delusions, fine. If it was just one, fine. But an entire group of females in-world that definitely are that is extremely sexist; there isn't a single male among them.

Regarding singling you out...I can see how it would seem like that, but no. I rib on everyone's characters that are ripe for it, even my own; as I've been doing with Ryuu being a pervert and Elene's ego.
Old February 13th, 2013, 02:47 PM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
These events only came around because the assailants were comically evil, only to justify Solo trying to murder them. And, as I've pointed out, it's still murder, no matter how one might try to justify it.

The issue with fangirls is that you're making it a fact of the world. If it were Solo's delusions, fine. If it was just one, fine. But an entire group of females in-world that definitely are that is extremely sexist; there isn't a single male among them.

Regarding singling you out...I can see how it would seem like that, but no. I rib on everyone's characters that are ripe for it, even my own; as I've been doing with Ryuu being a pervert and Elene's ego.
Still, it seems like criticism without any constructive aspect, with is just criticism. That's just plain aggravating, personally.

You say that the purpose of a person's hatred toward Solo is specifically to justify Solo's attacking... That makes no sense at all to me.

How am I making it a 'fact of the world'? And 'an entire group' is really only three specific girls. It's not like a massive crowd or something (which /is/ done in Anime, nonetheless).

Yes, but those aspects don't seem the same. Mocking how a character is created is entirely different from mocking how they act or what they've done. This means that you are not criticizing Solo, you are criticizing decisions /I've/ made in controlling Solo. This is when it becomes a personal issue.

Old February 13th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I'd hate to be the guy who hates to read arguments I'm not apart of, but this is getting heated and isn't related to this RP anymore
Old February 13th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

If the person hadn't attacked Solo, Solo wouldn't have tried to murder them. This person has no backstory or genuine reasons for doing so besides petty revenge; they're no antagonist or villain that has reasons for what they're doing, and they provide nothing for character development or the setting as a whole. If I were to give constructive criticism (Which is worthless at this point, and most people take offense to telling them how they should play their characters), I'd have built up this werewolf so he is a character himself. He could have served to explore Solo's prejudice against werewolves, comparisons between the two characters that could have led to deeper and more sympathetic relationships for both characters.

Without any kind of development for this person, they're nothing but a catalyst for Solo to angst over.

@Khawill: I'm sure everybody will come in to agree with you.
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:06 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Hey guys, I just came in to agree with Khawill.

...About the first part, though it's still partially, at least half-related to the RP.
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:08 PM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
If the person hadn't attacked Solo, Solo wouldn't have tried to murder them. This person has no backstory or genuine reasons for doing so besides petty revenge; they're no antagonist or villain that has reasons for what they're doing, and they provide nothing for character development or the setting as a whole. If I were to give constructive criticism (Which is worthless at this point, and most people take offense to telling them how they should play their characters), I'd have built up this werewolf so he is a character himself. He could have served to explore Solo's prejudice against werewolves, comparisons between the two characters that could have led to deeper and more sympathetic relationships for both characters.

Without any kind of development for this person, they're nothing but a catalyst for Solo to angst over.
Do you not see that this fight is exactly that? As others came to help, there's something of an unseen connection now, between Solo and his saviors.

Moreover, this certainly isn't the last time the Werewolf boy will be a problem. This is indeed part of a bigger plan, in time. You can't expect very much deep background between them on the second day, right? It has to be built up with time. All there is so far is a racial hatred between Lycans and Werewolves. And it is mutual.

Also, now that Frio has gotten involved (and pretty much saved Solo's life) there's now a possibility for interaction between them /as well as/ some development for Solo. This was not a pointless endeavor; there was much reason behind it.

I'm only taking offense to the criticism /because/ there is no construction to it. It feels as if the intentions are only to question every single move I make with my characters, instead of how I may better them.

I just would like to prevent further problems. I love this community as a whole, and if I can get along with everyone I'll be completely happy.

Old February 13th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Hey guys, I just came in to agree with Khawill.
d:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Do you not see that this fight is exactly that? As others came to help, there's something of an unseen connection now, between Solo and his saviors.

Moreover, this certainly isn't the last time the Werewolf boy will be a problem. This is indeed part of a bigger plan, in time. You can't expect very much deep background between them on the second day, right? It has to be built up with time. All there is so far is a racial hatred between Lycans and Werewolves. And it is mutual.

Also, now that Frio has gotten involved (and pretty much saved Solo's life) there's now a possibility for interaction between them /as well as/ some development for Solo. This was not a pointless endeavor; there was much reason behind it.

I'm only taking offense to the criticism /because/ there is no construction to it. It feels as if the intentions are only to question every single move I make with my characters, instead of how I may better them.
I avoid trying to advise people on how to play their characters unless they ask for it. Explaining things later is one of those literary flaws that doesn't really work unless it's clearly foreshadowed beforehand; in this case, an offhand comment from the Werewolf that hints at a deeper meaning behind his actions, otherwise these things come off as a Deux Ex Machina/Diabolus Ex Machina. It's basically what all mystery stories work around, as well.

A deep background between the pair isn't expected on the second day, but it is expected that each character has their reasons for it and that they're being highlighted; which I assume is what you're doing with Solo. I don't read most posts that don't directly involve one of my characters in some way, but I do know that this werewolf hasn't been given any hints about why he's doing this. "Skin you alive", and so on? That's what makes this guy seem like nothing but a comic villain; here now, plays his part, gone a moment later.

If you say that you have something planned for him, fair enough, I'll believe that. But give hints about him being be Were-Prince Jimmy the Third beforehand.
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:51 PM
銀ヤミ

I'll give you that one, I suppose, though I tend to use hints very rarely, as most of them will give away the very thing they hint at right off the bat.

For example, Solo's history. It's a big secret. Unless you count the necklace as a hint, though it wouldn't make so much sense.

Old February 13th, 2013, 03:51 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
Yikes can we keep criticism at the constructive level and leave it... there's no obligation to respond to a post if you find it offensive... Sure there is a little bit of violence going on Solo's side but that's because he displays and overall unfriendly manner. Maybe it is a bit too excessive but I see no harm in Eve's playing. His character was tailored by him and he has a better concept of the character more than anyone else. There is no deep story all of a sudden materializing from nowhere on the 2nd day and it all seems fair. Just don't fight for the sake of fighting and I'll leave it at PinkSapphire's discretion.

Old February 13th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

@dcjboi: I was only responding to the the murder. If everyone "A little unfriendly" did that, there'd be nobody left. d:

@Eve: Also understandable. I struggled with giving hints that were too subtle to begin with, but it's better to make an attempt than to give none at all. Eventually, one will get better at it.
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:40 PM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
@Eve: Also understandable. I struggled with giving hints that were too subtle to begin with, but it's better to make an attempt than to give none at all. Eventually, one will get better at it.
True, but if I give an unsubtle hint then I lose all mystery associated with the subject; and that's one of my favorite parts!

If ever I'm able to create a subtle hint, I'll do it. That was my issue when sending out bits of FORSAKEN.

Old February 13th, 2013, 04:50 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

I guess, but to be fair there was lack of any character's like Solo where one wrong action can lead to combat. Anyway I don't want to argue about it (especially with Lili seeing as she wants to castrate people with Elene's violin bow).

Old February 13th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Hey, I told you that secret in full confidence! x3
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:57 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

C: while I'm here I'd like to order a scotch on the rocks!

Apparently Sapphire put a lot of work into balancing the races (I'm told) but I'm curious as to where she is going with this RP.

Old February 13th, 2013, 04:57 PM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcjboi View Post
I guess, but to be fair there was lack of any character's like Solo where one wrong action can lead to combat. Anyway I don't want to argue about it (especially with Lili seeing as she wants to castrate people with Elene's violin bow).
Quote:
Hey, I told you that secret in full confidence! x3
Um. Oh. Oh. Oh.

Oh.

Oh God.

Oh dear God.

HOLY F***ING SH**, HIDE YOUR KIDS.

Old February 13th, 2013, 05:11 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcjboi View Post
Apparently Sapphire put a lot of work into balancing the races (I'm told) but I'm curious as to where she is going with this RP.
Given the history and a certain thing she said about the Student Council earlier, as well as the existence of Fairy Tale, I have a good idea of what'll happen, but I'll wait until the first teacher post to solidify it.
Old February 13th, 2013, 05:28 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

@machomuu: Your new avatar makes me feel a surge in my loins.

I want to see if we can have a eunuch student by the end of the day >:D

Old February 13th, 2013, 07:03 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
*is fed up with more than a page of new posts* The he** is this? I come back after important business, & you weaklings (no offense, just acting like Fang from Unchained Blades) make a clutter. I need a drink, so no one bother me. Otherwise, you'll get a taste of the Dragon Emperor.

Bartender, surprise me!

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Wolf and Lili, next time you have an argument please don't do that here c: and don't worry, there is no way Solo and Frio get away with it. (no offense eve and Khawill xD)

Where am I going with this RP? :/ was that criticism as in "nothing is really happening and nothing makes sense"? Anyways, the real story will start in Ryuu's next post, and you'll like the idea I hope. If it wasn't criticism and you meant you are curious to how this roleplay will end, it's a big secret I won't reveal to anyone (not even in exchange for cherry cola)

And yes, I spended weeks on this Roleplay just perfectionating and adding things to the story, at the end rewriting it. It also took me awhile to learn the BB codes xD

SD- I somehow knew it would be Fang from unchained blades xD
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old February 14th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Well let me get my post in before the authorities come lol, Frio has been through this already so he will probably turn himself in.
Old February 14th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khawill View Post
Well let me get my post in before the authorities come lol, Frio has been through this already so he will probably turn himself in.
That's alright c: then I wait with posting untill you've posted
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old February 14th, 2013, 05:17 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
So, who's sitting behind Nami again? I don't need to know, but for Tak's sake, he'll notice the other student.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links