The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 10th, 2013, 07:44 PM
KKN
A Borrowed Cat

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Yahoo to KKN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
OMG, once again soooo jealous!! I have been looking for pillow cases for a bit or just a pillow like you have as I don't think my husband would like sleeping on the cases, but do take pics of your collection as I see some movies back there on the head board that I think are pokemon but not sure.
They used to sell them at Big Lots, but that was way back in 1998-1999. I haven't seen any Pokémon bedclothes since. Have you tried eBay?

Yes, there are some Pokémon movies back there. There is also some Pokémon manga.

---

It took me a while to dig everything up (I still probably missed some stuff), but I finally took pics of my collection...

VIDEO GAMES
Spoiler:

I traded for these Red and Ruby cartridges, but the labels were worn off, so I made new labels for them. I had owned these games previously with labels in-tact, but I gave them to my younger cousin, along with Yellow. I also used to have Gold and Sapphire Versions, as well as Pokémon Pinball RS, but I traded those away. I also had FireRed Version, but I let a friend borrow it and they lost it. I bought Pokémon Battle Revolution on eBay and it didn't come with the original case.

VIDEOS
Spoiler:

The ones without cases were given to me. Charizard, Go, Wake Up, Snorlax, and Fighting Tournament, I think.

BOOKS
Spoiler:

BOARD GAMES
Spoiler:

I also have Pokémon Yahtzee Jr. (Ruby & Sapphire) and a poster-size Pokémon puzzle, but they're currently inaccessible (stuck in a drawer).

CARDS
Spoiler:

Three full-size binders full of Pokémon cards (no doubles - alternate holos don't count as doubles; one of these contains only rare cards), plus a smaller 4-per page binder full of rare holographic cards, and a Zatch Bell spell-book full of rare holos and promos. You can see some of my favorite and rarer cards (as well as some of my custom-made cards) on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/AkiTheTanuki

STICKER CARDS

These cards came from quarter machines in grocery stores, Pizza Hut, K-mart, and Big Lots. Most of the ones from grocery stores were classic cards and folded to fit in plastic balls or eggs. The ones from Pizza Hut and K-mart were Neo-series cards and were flat. All of these are Japanese. Currently looking for more cards like this. If you have any that you're willing to trade, send me a PM.

MISC CARDS

Cards included with toys, candy, and videos. The Pokémon Snap Station cards were bought by my cousin at a card shop.

GOLD-PLATED CARDS

PLUSHIES, FIGURINES, & OTHER SMALL TOYS
Spoiler:

The shiny Dunsparce all the way to the left was made for me by Orange-Shadows @deviantART. The crocheted one next to it as well as the Mew and Dunsparce all the way on the right were made by my mom. The rest are official.

The Pikachu gumball machine is filled with Pokémon marbles.

BEDCLOTHES
Spoiler:

CURTAINS

AFGHANS

CLOTHING
Spoiler:

COINS
Spoiler:

I have some more coins, like holographic Chansey, Vileplume, and Starmie, as well as some of the plastic coins from the ex-Series like Metagross, Gardevoir, and Flygon, but I can't quite find them at the moment. I also have the 3D coin from the 2nd Pokémon movie VHS.

BAGS & BOXES
Spoiler:

PENS & STUFF THAT I FORGOT TO TAKE PICS OF SOONER
Spoiler:

There is also a Clefairy towel rack through the house somewhere and loads of Pokéballs.

Ice-type Trainer & Dunsparce Fanatic | 3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200
Karite-Kita-Neko @deviantARTKjKun Neko @GPXPlus

Last edited by KKN; February 10th, 2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old February 11th, 2013, 03:18 PM
MyPokemonCollection
Thor

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyPokeCo...n?feature=mhee <-- I document my entire collection on my channel! Every card i have even pulled, bcbm, tcbm or fcbm!
Old February 11th, 2013, 03:48 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyuki Aretukasu View Post
They used to sell them at Big Lots, but that was way back in 1998-1999. I haven't seen any Pokémon bedclothes since. Have you tried eBay?

Yes, there are some Pokémon movies back there. There is also some Pokémon manga.

---

It took me a while to dig everything up (I still probably missed some stuff), but I finally took pics of my collection...

VIDEO GAMES
Spoiler:

I traded for these Red and Ruby cartridges, but the labels were worn off, so I made new labels for them. I had owned these games previously with labels in-tact, but I gave them to my younger cousin, along with Yellow. I also used to have Gold and Sapphire Versions, as well as Pokémon Pinball RS, but I traded those away. I also had FireRed Version, but I let a friend borrow it and they lost it. I bought Pokémon Battle Revolution on eBay and it didn't come with the original case.

VIDEOS
Spoiler:

The ones without cases were given to me. Charizard, Go, Wake Up, Snorlax, and Fighting Tournament, I think.

BOOKS
Spoiler:

BOARD GAMES
Spoiler:

I also have Pokémon Yahtzee Jr. (Ruby & Sapphire) and a poster-size Pokémon puzzle, but they're currently inaccessible (stuck in a drawer).

CARDS
Spoiler:

Three full-size binders full of Pokémon cards (no doubles - alternate holos don't count as doubles; one of these contains only rare cards), plus a smaller 4-per page binder full of rare holographic cards, and a Zatch Bell spell-book full of rare holos and promos. You can see some of my favorite and rarer cards (as well as some of my custom-made cards) on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/AkiTheTanuki

STICKER CARDS

These cards came from quarter machines in grocery stores, Pizza Hut, K-mart, and Big Lots. Most of the ones from grocery stores were classic cards and folded to fit in plastic balls or eggs. The ones from Pizza Hut and K-mart were Neo-series cards and were flat. All of these are Japanese. Currently looking for more cards like this. If you have any that you're willing to trade, send me a PM.

MISC CARDS

Cards included with toys, candy, and videos. The Pokémon Snap Station cards were bought by my cousin at a card shop.

GOLD-PLATED CARDS

PLUSHIES, FIGURINES, & OTHER SMALL TOYS
Spoiler:

The shiny Dunsparce all the way to the left was made for me by Orange-Shadows @deviantART. The crocheted one next to it as well as the Mew and Dunsparce all the way on the right were made by my mom. The rest are official.

The Pikachu gumball machine is filled with Pokémon marbles.

BEDCLOTHES
Spoiler:

CURTAINS

AFGHANS

CLOTHING
Spoiler:

COINS
Spoiler:

I have some more coins, like holographic Chansey, Vileplume, and Starmie, as well as some of the plastic coins from the ex-Series like Metagross, Gardevoir, and Flygon, but I can't quite find them at the moment. I also have the 3D coin from the 2nd Pokémon movie VHS.

BAGS & BOXES
Spoiler:

PENS & STUFF THAT I FORGOT TO TAKE PICS OF SOONER
Spoiler:

There is also a Clefairy towel rack through the house somewhere and loads of Pokéballs.
And I thought my collection was huge, I think it's not compared to yours!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPokemonCollection View Post
http://www.youtube.com/user/MyPokeCo...n?feature=mhee <-- I document my entire collection on my channel! Every card i have even pulled, bcbm, tcbm or fcbm!
I like your collection also.
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
For the moment, my newest plush has arrived, Watchog I have you now.
Spoiler:

I plan on buying next time plush of Mienshao, Snivy, and Oshawott. If I have enough funds I want to try and get Servine.
Watchog's #1 Fan!! -
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

my 3DS XL FC is full - My 3DS Flame Red still needs friends - 3325-3310-5332 -
Normal Safari - Lilipup, Loudred, ??? - send me a quick message if you want to be added

Last edited by Playful_Weasel; February 12th, 2013 at 01:29 AM. Reason: wrong tag - i meant to use image not url
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:48 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

I like those, every one that has posted here has great collections!! Now I know what to keep my eye out for when I go shopping.
Old February 13th, 2013, 01:55 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

My toys and figurines:

Spoiler:

In all there's 2 McDonald's Reshiram, 2 McDonald's Pikachu, 1 McDonald's Snivy, the Lugia that came with a pre-ordered copy of SoulSilver at GameStop, and a plush Mewtwo for the non-TCG figurines and toys.

The TCG figurines are the following:
Arceus - Platinum Premium Box
Mewtwo - Mewtwo Collection
Entei - some HGSS series box
Keldeo - Keldeo box
Oshawott (black base) - Oshawott Sneak-Peek Tin
Snivy (black base) - Snivy Sneak-Peek Tin
Tepig (white base) - Tepig Sneak-Peek Tin
Reshiram (black base) - Reshiram Box
Zekrom (white base) - Zekrom Box
Emboar (white base) - Excellent Emboar Box
Victini (white and black bases) - Victini Tin/ Victini Box
Unopened Victini (white base) - Victini Tin
2x Kyurem - Kyurem Box

I'm actually still missing quite a few TCG figurines from this era. Most of the ones I've marked the color of the bases of I am 99% certain come with a base of the opposite color as well.

And the other item I didn't have to dig out to photograph, my GSC Pokemon Adventures box set:

Spoiler:

The wrap is starting to tear on that one, which is unfortunate but I was eventually going to open it to read the volumes anyway.
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:35 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

donavannj I like that mewtwo plushie in the 1st pic.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:43 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Going for more pokemon things today, I'll post pics later.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 03:57 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Quote:
Going for more pokemon things today, I'll post pics later.
Didn't get to go that day, but went today and instead of me finding some thing pokemon. look what Babe found for me:

Old March 4th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Here I go again, just arrived today:

Snivy and Mienshao
Spoiler:

and a small Mienshao figurine along with my Mienfoo figurine!! My favorite fighting types.
Spoiler:
Watchog's #1 Fan!! -

Normal Safari - Lilipup, Loudred, ??? - send me a quick message if you want to be added

Last edited by Playful_Weasel; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:59 PM. Reason: changed photo
Old March 4th, 2013, 06:14 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

I got other stuff on the way from ebay, currently looking for a pokemon cell fone cover.
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:20 AM
ShinyBidoof
Unhatched Egg

Wish I never gave away some of my childhood toys
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:08 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

I don't know how I keep finding these old moives.

Spoiler:

And this game.

Old March 7th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Got another tshirt - arrived today, still waiting on other Pokemon Items (mainly Pokemon cards)

Spoiler:
Watchog's #1 Fan!! -

Last edited by Playful_Weasel; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:01 PM.
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:48 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersianTrainer View Post
Got another tshirt - arrived today, still waiting on other Pokemon Items (mainly Pokemon cards)

Spoiler:
Where you get that at? Water starters I love the most.
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Where you get that at? Water starters I love the most.
Just came back from work, right here.

What a way for me to end Friday.... I bought a Pokemon game, and my "Outstanding Oshawott" box arrived.

I bought a copy of Pokemon White 2 - now I can do the challenge I wanted to do: All Mustelid Team (with Dewott, Zangoose, Watchog, [if i can transfer] Linoone, and 2 Mienfoo [including my shiny])
Spoiler:

By the time I reach the Elite 4, this is my planned team:
- [Pokemon] - [gender] - [Nickname] - [planned items]

I also got the 'Outstanding Oshawott" today
Spoiler:

Some of the cards that I will add to my Cards album [I want one of each in the album] - the rest? - I will wall paper my room in cards!!! It will look very strange.
Spoiler:

I'm still waiting on the "Terrific Tepig" and "Super Snivy" to ship. On ToyWiz, I just ordered 3 plushies (Oshawott, Serperior,and Pignite), 5 individual cards (Rattata, Quilava, Maractus, Swanna, Riolu) and the Reshiram box.
Watchog's #1 Fan!! -

Last edited by Playful_Weasel; March 11th, 2013 at 08:37 PM. Reason: added more to the collection
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:52 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

My Babe snuck and bought me this necklace that arrive today:

Old March 11th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Here's some updates, got my two boxes today "Terrific Tepig" and "Super Snivy" - just copy and paste from my other Bulbapedia thread:

March 11th 2013 - (first off - I did my "moment of silence" for the all the people that died 2 years ago in the earthquake and tsunami), that out of the way - Recently added:
• "Super Snivy" box
• "Terrific Tepig" box

Photos:
I have all the 3 Unova starter boxes, just got the other 2 today - "Terrific Tepig" and "Super Snivy" arrived today
Spoiler:

I got a few cards to add to my collection, in my main album, I want to have one of each Pokemon from Kanto to (so far on the TCG) Unova. So what am I going to do with the other repeat cards, energy cards, and trainer cards? - I want to wallpaper my room with Pokemon cards

I'm going to add to my collection - according to the way the Pokemon looks like on the card is the reason I choose them:
Spoiler:

The other items included in the box, I will find a way to display in my room.

Large 3D cards, I will put them inside sheet protector, cut it to size, and hang on a wall near the plushies
Spoiler:

Booster packs included similiar image on the outside, I want to save the image of the packs in a sheet protector (I had to be very carefully opening them), many repeat cards (which I will use to wall paper my room) but also had about 4 new per booster pack for my collection. I like the outside design
Spoiler:

3 small figurines - I will add them along with the rest of the other smaller figurines I bought along the years. My PokéWalker from Soul Silver is also next to them.
Spoiler:

Edited: Thursday, March 14th:
May not be much, wanted to get a Choroneko or Lepardas card in Japanese, so I bought one of the booster packs from the "Freeze Bolt" and hoped for luck, and I got one with Choroneko. In April, I want to buy the full box.
*sorry, I think I deleted this photo by accident*

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Waiting in the mail: I already got e-mail confirmation on estimated arrival date:

Schedule to Arrive on Saturday the 16th Non-Pokemon item, I will use for Pokemon: 6 "9 Pocket Sheet Protectors (packs of 10)" [that would be around 60 sheets - 649 Pokemon, two per side, front and back, I would fill up 36, and about 1/3rd of the front of the 37th sheet]. I already have a 3 ring binder, so just need the protectors to display the cards.

Scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, the 19th
• 5 individual cards - Rattata, Quilava, Riolu, Swanna, and Maractus
• "Black & White Reshiram" Box
• Oshawott plush
• Servine plush
• Pignite plush
Watchog's #1 Fan!! -

Last edited by Playful_Weasel; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:03 PM. Reason: added another photo
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Garbador
Unhatched Egg

youtu .be/b03NfQGy6W4 erase the space
Hey guys, promoting a friends video. I'm not sure which forum this is okay to do that in, because he's looking to buy pokemon figures of the ones he's missing and I can only think the most logical place is pokemon forums.. If anyone has recommendations of good pokemon trading/figure buying sites that have the ones he's looking for, that'd be greatly appreciated.
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:54 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

New toy came out at dollar store today:

Spoiler:

I'm going to try and get all 3.

Old March 15th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

I got my sheet protector for my cards today, and already organized all of them, by generation. First to the [future] Sixth. I forgot to mention in my other post, I also bought three more cards - 2 of Watchog and 1 of Patrat (being my #1 favorite at the moment, I want one of each card made for them):

May not be Pokemon related, but I'll use them for Pokemon -
Spoiler:

I spent some time putting them in order - I still need Serperior, Pignite, and Emboar from the page I took photo of:
Spoiler:

The three cards I ordered - 2 of Watchog, and really loved the Patrat's pose on the card, so I had to get it.
Spoiler:

Edited: 3-19-2013 - my Pokemon order arrived today
• Oshawott plush
• Pignite plush
• Servine plush
• 5 individual Pokemon cards
• Reshiram box
Spoiler:

Oshawott!! I can't decide on her nickname, either Miju, or my friend that likes Oshawott here on PokeCommunity, Hikari
Spoiler:

Pignite plush, I have not decided on nickname
Spoiler:

Servine plush, again, no planned nicknamed at the moment
Spoiler:

5 individual cards I choose, based on their design on the card, for my Pokemon Card collection
Spoiler:

Reshiram Box, really love the small figurine, I can't wait to get Zekrom next.
Spoiler:
Watchog's #1 Fan!! -

Last edited by Playful_Weasel; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:05 PM. Reason: added photos to post, to not double post
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
We don't buy/sell here, but I'll kick this into the discussion about collections already in progress so you can see if you can get some answers there.
Old March 20th, 2013, 05:40 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Got another one of the toys I am seeking today:

Old March 20th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I've been meaning to post in this thread for ages but never had time to photograph my collection. I still didn't have time to get to all of it and I didn't have time to wait for good lighting to take nice photos but something is better than nothing, I suppose. (And sorry that some of these are really blurry--I didn't realize until I was resizing them on the computer and the light was all gone by then so no way to retake them with better quality. D:) I really love all of your collections so I'm excited to share mine too. n_n

I've been collecting since I was about... 13, I think. I certainly owned Pokémon merchandise before that point but since I didn't take particularly good care of it or buy things in any sort of order/theme, I wouldn't have considered it part of a "collection". It wasn't until I visited the Pokémon Centre in NYC once before it turned into a general Nintendo store that the idea of collecting opened up to me. I saw so many different kinds of merchandise and plushies and objects that I really wanted but I could only pick one thing as a souvenir. I didn't regret my decision but I really wished I could have had ALL THE THINGS in the store. :P Fast forward a few years and I discover the joys of eBay and a few months later, the pokemon community on LJ. By the time it split off into pkmncollectors, I'd built a sizeable collection that only grew from there.

In the last few years (since Gen V came out, mainly) I've really toned down my collecting. I don't buy absolutely everything of my favourites anymore because I had too many favourites in Gen V to be able to keep that up. So my collection mainly focuses on the lines of Cherrim, Pichu, and Probopass which are among my favourites. I also have some Vanillite and Whimsicott, my favourite Pokémon from V, but they got too much merch and I haven't had a job in a while so I don't have as much to spend on my collections. :P I also really like zukan figures so they're another mini collection in themselves.

A bit of background on my house--I live with two pretty chill roommates (one of which I met here on PC!) who are absolutely okay with my collection. I'm allowed to keep items of my collection around the house, not just in my room. Some of the things pictured here are theirs, too. My house is very pro-Pokémon. :P Not everything in my collection is pictured here either, by the way. Some stuff is in storage at one of my parent's house (I don't know which one since they just moved and all and boxes were split between the two houses) and some things I just didn't have time to pull out and photograph. And others still I probably just forgot about. But we'll do this in two parts, mostly. My bedroom and the living room. Here we go!

I've got ~40 pictures. Hopefully it's not too overkill. n_n;; I'm gonna go by room, mostly.

My Bedroom

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Bookshelf Overview
This is my bookshelf, though as you can see, it's more of a Pokémon shelf that happens to hold some books on the bottom shelves where I wouldn't be able to see any collection pieces anyway so it was dead space. These are most of the plushies in my collection, minus any Pokédolls aside from Cherrim. Also pictured here (but not in any of the close-ups) are my Carnivine plush block creeping from the very top and hanging from the corner are my cute Pichu earmuffs... which are used so I don't actually use them. XD; Let's zoom in!

Spoiler:

Top Shelf
Here's most of my Pichu collection. We've got a plush pokeball on the left with a tiny Pikachu hiding behind it. Then the biggest Pichu on the left is my giant Gizamimi Pichu plush (from movie 12). She's over 2 feet tall. Then we have a really cute Banpresto Pikachu with a tiny Pichu in front. The other two big plushies are two 1/1 Banpresto Pichu Bros. plushies. They're one of the pride and joys of my collection. They're the exact size of real Pichu and they match. :3 I really love the Pichu Bros (especially the tufty haired one) so I absolutely love that I was able to find BOTH of these plushies. Cuddling them has gotten me through some pretty tough times. In front of tufty on the left is a smaller replica of the normal Pichu brother. Next to it is the Pichu canvas plush and next to that is a sleeping Gizamimi Pichu plush. Above all the others is another Gizamimi Pichu plushie and lastly we have small Palkia, Pikachu and Treecko figures.

Spoiler:

Second Shelf (Plushies)
Next shelf. We'll start with the plushies in the back. A very shiny Banpresto DX Pichu with this... kind of rolling Pichu on its head? A bunch of plushies came out in the set and they have little buttons in their feet and holes in their hands so you could attach a bunch of them together. I used to have a matching Pikachu but I think I lost it. D: Next to shinychu is a walking Gizamimi Pichu plushie. You press the button on her hand and she waddles forward and it's so cute. ♥ Hanging from her left ear is my smallest Pichu plushie which is holding grapes for some reason. I used to know what it was called but I have since forgotten. Next to that one is the previously mentioned souvenir from my only visit to the NYC Pokémon Centre. It's a talking Pichu plushie. When it's turned on and you shake it or tap its ear, it says one of three phrases (...all of which contain some variation of "Pichuuuu", obviously). Next to that is a small plush Pikachu Christmas ornament that was only offered in a set from the official Pokémon Centre website before it closed down. And last in the row is a VERY FUZZY Pichu from... I believe one of Banpresto's spring sets. It's so ridiculously soft. I can't even begin to describe how comfy it is to cuddle. n_n;;

Second Shelf (Figures)
In front of the plushies starting from the left we have a large plastic Pichu plushie, then a coin bank Pichu, a small statue of the Pichu brothers and Pikachu. Next is a large plastic Bulbasaur from the same set as the first Pichu in this row that I won in a Pokémon Trivia contest one year at Anime North in Toronto. :3 Then we have a matching Bidoof and Pikachu from Mystery Dungeon (although Pikachu is hidden by ponies, whoops). Behind is a set of Pichu pins. (More Pichu Bros! ♥) Then some paper standing cutouts of Pichu, a wind-up walkie Pichu, a Pichu castanet (like the little music maker... it's very cute!), a keychain, a pull-back-and-let-go moving Pichu, a small gen 2 tin with a Pichu top aaaand finally an Oshawott from McDonald's that my roommates and I used to keep on top of our TV but it kept divebombing off in random directions and we were worried either it or the TV would be damaged so I had to retire it to my shelf. XD;

Spoiler:

Third Shelf (top):
First we have this awesome Pikachu & Pichu Bros plushie. The Pichu Bros have velcro on them, as does Pikachu, so you can rearrange the brothers on Pikachu. I tend to keep them just like this though since if you switch them around it looks like the non-tufty one is humping Pikachu's side whoops. :P Hiding next to them is this really cute Pichu that I believe is also a Banpresto. Next to that is a beanbag Pichu that I got from Target while visiting the US once. In front are the preorder bonuses from HGSS and Platinum. Then we have my beloved Banpresto Nosepass and Probopass plushies. I really, REALLY love the noses and I'm so glad they actually got plushies because I don't know anyone else that likes them so I can't imagine the demand was ever that high. But I'm ridiculously happy they exist. ♥ In front is a small Pichu plushie and, although you can't see it, a Cherrim stamp! I've never used it though because I don't want to get it dirty and risk not cleaning it well enough. :x To the right are my Cherubi plushies, a Jakks American release and a Banpresto on the far right. (They really didn't turn out well in this photo oops. Very dark. ;_;) You also can't see it in this photo but the little pink and yellow long thing in front of the Cherubi is a little Cherrim bento flag. It has a sunny Cherrim on one side of the flag and a Cherubi on the other. I'll have to take close-ups sometime because it's really cute!

Fourth Shelf (bottom):
Next is the ★☆ CHERRIM SHELF ☆★〜!! On the left we have to cube plushies. These were SO HARD to find and I wasn't 100% sure they existed until I found a listing with ALL OF THEM in the set on Yahoo! Japan Auctions. I snatched 'em up and happily display these two, while some of the others with Pokémon I don't really care about (Piplup line, etc.) are hidden behind plushies on the shelf above to help them stand up. :P On top of the blocks is a bootleg Cherrim pencil case. It's very long and silly looking but still kinda cute. In front is another small bootleg based off the canvas plush pattern. Directly to the right of the Cherubi cube is the Banpresto Spring plushie. It's the very first Cherrim plushie I ever bought, back before I even liked Cherrim all that much. I named it Marluxia after the Cherrim in my game and it's what made me fall in love with the Pokémon that would quickly become my all-time favourite and online namesake (...everywhere but PC). That's actually not Marluxia but a spare I bought because I brought Marluxia to high school with me every day and he got a little roughed up from all the love. :P In front is a derpy small Jakks plush that came in one of those "throw Pokéball" sets. It came with a pink Heal Ball and you're supposed to be able to throw the ball and the little Pokémon pops out but the ball is a really hard plastic so you can't really throw it without risking cracking it. :s To the right with the ouo smile is the Cherrim Pokédoll. I'm so happy it got a Pokédoll since so many Pokémon go years and years and years with no official Pokédoll and I didn't have to wait long at all. <3 Sort of hiding beside that is the Canvas Plush. It's probably one of the items in my collection that I'm most proud of. I searched high and low for that doll for years. YEARS. I finally found one after so long of searching but I lost the auction for it because Canvas Plush are a popular collection theme and the Cherrim one has always been among the rarest. But as luck would have it, another one popped up only a few weeks later (how weird that two would show up in one month after NOTHING for YEARS) and I was able to snag that one. I still smile widely whenever I look at it because I'm so happy I managed to find it. Next to it is the overcast Jakks Cherrim. I'm still surprised it got that plushie at all and it's the only official plush that doesn't use Cherrim's sunny form... so I'm always weirded out that it was an American release and not Japanese since they always get more patterns. o_O My current roommate (and then exclusively online friend) bought it for me in the US and brought it up to Canada for me since I couldn't find a single place here that sold it. <3 Hiding behind it (and almost entirely out of view) is the other Jakks Cherrim. Kind of an ugly pattern so I don't mind hiding it behind the cuter plushies. :x Lastly in the plush line is one Cherrim slipper. They're also bootlegs based on the canvas pattern and I don't like wearing them because they're very cheaply made (and way too big for my little feet) but they're cute in the collection. The second slipper is hidden behind all the other plushies to make them stand up. On top of it (but not easy to see at this angle) is a little coin purse of Cherrim's head. Also bootleg with same pattern but too cute to pass up. Lastly, there's a little Pichu Bros foam cutout thingy in front (also at a bad angle I'm so sorry) that is sold as part of a set that teaches kids the hiragana alphabet in Japan. The letter taught on this one is てつなぐ (te WO tsunagu). It shows the Pichu Bros together and the phrase means "hold hands".

Sorry for the wall of text. I really love my Cherrim collection and all the plushies in it and since this is almost all of them, I had a lot to ramble on about. I don't think I'll have as many walls of text about things anymore!

Spoiler:

Poster:
Next is a page from a calendar in Japan. It's from 2008, I believe. I bought it because the Cherrim on it is absolutely adorable. All of it is pretty cute though. It shows Floaroma Meadow which is one of my favourite places in Sinnoh, too! ^__^

Living Room

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Display Case:
This is my display case. It's from IKEA and I'm really happy with it. It's not entirely Pokémon but quite a bit of it is so I thought I'd give an overview of the whole thing to start out with.

Spoiler:

Top Shelf (zukan):
Sorry about the me-cameo in the reflection. Not much I could do about that. This is an overview of all my zukan figures! Zukan Pokédex figures are 1/40th scale. I find them absolutely fascinating because you can see exactly how big each Pokémon is compared to every other Pokémon. And since I have those to-scale 1/1 Pichu Bros plushies, I can pretty easily calculate how big any of the Pokémon are IRL if I use my Pichu zukan and plushies as a basis! It's really neat! They're definitely the coolest of all kinda of figurines. I'll do some close-ups.

Spoiler:

Zukan Close-Up (1/4):
I took a really close-up of one of my Cherrim zukan (I have two because Cherrim :P). Next to it is a normal sized six-sided die so you can see just how tiny these things are!

Spoiler:

Zukan Close-Up (2/4):
Here are the zukan to the left. I really like the ones like Kabutops and Minun/Plusle where they made a diorama kind of thing. :3 They're more interesting to look at, in my opinion. I'm really proud of the Pichu line zukan here because last I knew, they were really hard to come across because they released so long ago and I don't think they ever had a re-release.

Spoiler:

Zukan Close-Up (3/4):
More zukan. I'm missing bases for a lot of these so many of them share bases, like the Psyduck and Manaphy lines. Aside from Cherrim, my favourite in this batch is probably the Ditto zukan! I bought it from someone fairly cheap once just for the Bulbaditto (which has the Ditto facial expression) since they thought they'd lost the Ditto itself but before they packed it up to send, they found the Ditto and decided to send it along free of charge which was super nice of them. <3

Spoiler:

Zukan Close-Up (4/4):
And the last ones. There are a bunch of interesting bases here. I like the Butterfree and Ledyba/Spinarak lines because they have trees. Although the Ledyba one is also scary because LEDYBA IS MASSIVE. @_@; Have you ever looked at the Pokédex entry for Ledyba? The thing is a freaking metre tall! That's over three feet for a bug! I never realized how ridiculous its size was until I got the zukan haha. I also REALLY like the Rapidash line because their flame is translucent so it's really pretty in the light. My photo doesn't do it justice. (Although let's be fair, my photos don't do anything justice. >_<)

Spoiler:

Shelf 2:
Just some little things. Not much on this shelf. I got the Shinx, Bidoof and Pikachu from a local gashapon machine at a movie theatre. I always get really excited when those machines (where you put a coin in and get a random prize--like near grocery store exits and stuff) have Pokémon themes, though they never seem to anymore. :( There's also this little Minun thing that I believe is supposed to cling to your pencil as well as a Bidoof marble.

Spoiler:

Shelf 3:
A bunch of random stuff, mostly Cherubi/Cherrim and Probopass. I'll do a close-up of the Cherrim stuff but aside from that we've got the Jakks Cherubi, a Tomy Vaporeon, some more paper standing cut-outs of Cherubi and Bidoof. In the top-right corner there's a tower of Pokémon Mega-Bloks! They're pretty cool because each one wraps all the way around the block so each one has a little tail on the back and everything. I think they're really cute. :3 A lot of the Nosepass/Probopass stuff is just random stuff they've made. There's a Pokédex figure, one of those bean thingies, a stamp, a coin, and other stuff. There's another one of the hiragana alphabet foam things too--the Nosepass one teaches ずぱす (NOzupasu).

Spoiler:

Shelf 3 (Cherrim):
More Cherrim! There's a stamp in the top-left corner, the Tomy figure next to it. A little figure from... Poland or something, I think? is lying on the ground in front of the stamp along with... I believe the ones on the green stand are chou-get figures. Next to that is this tiiiiny little goal post thing from a game of some sort with a little Cherrim on it. Then the official Jakks figure. In the front-left is a (Tomy?) attack figure of Cherrim using Lucky Chant. Next to it is a Battrio coin and a coin badge. Lastly is another foam hiragana teaching ぇりむ (CHErimu). It has the cutest picture on it omg. ;~; Look how happy Cherrim is!!

Spoiler:

Bottom Shelf:
Lastly we have a buuunch of random figures and knick-knacks, the majority of which are Pichu. I'm not going to mention absolutely everything becaus eI just don't have time or the ability to explain it well but if there's anything you want me to mention specifically, let me know. ^^; The Charmander in the corner is an alarm clock that will say different things when you press its button. I've also got a Pichu Bros train set that made my parents very embarrassed to be seen with me when I bought it at Nintendo World the other year and carried it around NYC for a few hours. XD;

Spoiler:

Pichu Close-Up (1/2):
These three somewhat-blurry figures are my Pichu Tomy figures. :3 I've got the Pichu Bros and Gizamimi. I was really pleased to get the tufty Pichu figure because I didn't even know they made it! I'd had the original Pichu Tomy for a long time and never in a million years dreamed they made one specifically for the big brother.

Spoiler:

Pichu Close-Up (2/2):
I wanted to show off these two figures because they're really cute. The first is the one to the left in the casing. It's a Pichu lying under a Snorlax igloo made out of snow. There's a little picture backdrop that shows the other baby Pokémon of Gen 2 playing in the snow with each other. It's adorable! The other thing I really like is that partial tree/log figure next to it. Pichu and Pikachu are detachable so you can place them where you want on the tree and it's a really cute idea although I have no idea what it is or where it's from or if there's anything else like it. It looks like the bottom of the tree would attach to even more pieces though!

Spoiler:

Bookshelf:
And here we have the Pokédoll and Pokémon Kids shelf. Most of the plushies along the back are Pokédolls (only sold at licensed locations... so Pokémon Centres in Japan, Nintendo World in NYC, Epcot at Walt Disney World, or one of those PKMN Centre vending machines in Seattle malls). The small figures lining the front are Pokémon Kids, a kind of figure in Japan that are hollow. Some of them have clear/translucent variants and I've tried to collect those where available. :3

Spoiler:

Bookshelf Close-Up (1/4):
Starting out, we have my Pichu Pokédolls. Unfortunately I don't have the tufty Pichu Pokédoll... I know it exists but there's no way I could compete with Pokédoll collectors to obtain one if it ever did show up. It's so rare. I only know of a handful of people (in the English fandom) who own one. @_@; Then there's the Vaporeon plush, my roommate's Togekiss and our first view of my tower garden of Shaymin. Only three of the Shaymin are mine... the other two belong to my roommates. (Yeah I realize I still sound crazy since I have THREE but they are so soft and lovely to pet that I really needed more than just the one I started out with. Shh. No judging. Stop judging me! :P) Out front we have my Kids. One of the Cherrim ones is a Lucky Chant attack variant. Super cute! I also really like the Jigglypuff with the marker microphone and that off-coloured Nosepass is one of the rare clear variants!

Spoiler:

Bookshelf Close-Up (2/4):
I'm sorry this one is so blurry! >_< This one has the WORLD'S HAPPIEST GRIMER. Seriously, look at it! I don't normally like Grimer at all and would never have dreamed I'd buy a plush of it but it's so happy I couldn't not. One of the two Palkia is my roommate's. Along the front, I have a lot of Pichu Kids. The three on the left are clear variants and the other three are normal (with one of each being a Gizamimi Pichu).

Spoiler:

Bookshelf Close-Up (3/4):
Much better. One of the Shinx is my roommate's, as is one of the Vanillite. (We have fairly similar taste in Pokémon. :3) The Houndour is another of my collection's pride and joys! I got him at Epcot when I went to WDW with my family in 2007. It's a pretty rare Pokédoll nowadays and while I'm not a massive fan of Houndour, I've always wanted to collect it. But it's one of the more popular Pokémon and a bit too expensive for my collection budget so if I hadn't managed to get one retail at WDW, I probably would've been paying upwards of $40~60 to get this Pokédoll and I lucked out. ^^; I also wanna point out the cute Pikachu Kid based on the episode "Pikachu's Goodbye" that has a baby Pikachu chilling on its head.

Spoiler:

Bookshelf Close-Up (4/4):
And the last picture from the bookshelf has my Whimsicott plushie as well as another large plastic Jigglypuff figure that belongs to... one of my roommates. (There are also some bootleg Jigglypuff plushies in the back... they vibrate when you pull their string and their tags say "Clefairy" on them... while the description on the inside of the tag is for Pikachu. They're hilarious. XD;;

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

TV Buddies:
These guys (Psyduck Kid and Jakks Bidoof) used to rest on top of the TV at my parents' house for years. I went away for university and I came home each time expecting my parents to have thrown them out or put them back in my old bedroom but they were always still there. (My dad's favourite is Psyduck so I assume that has something to do with it!) Sometimes my parents would play with them... like we used to have these little bird figures and my parents would place Psyduck in with them a lot when he did have to be moved off the TV. And Bidoof got a tiny Christmas hat one year! I'll have to see if I can find any photos of this because I'm sure I must have taken them. When my parents moved out, I had to take the figures back though so now they sit on our TV here.

Spoiler:

Ceiling Woobat:
This Woobat hangs from the ceiling of our living room and watches us while we're in there. So cute but my mom finds it disconcerting when she visits. :P

Spoiler:

Pikachu Pillow:
This Pikachu pillow is pretty big so I never know what to do with it. I keep it in a small pile with some other plushies next to the couch in our living room. Also pictured is a little Woobat toy from McDonald's last year. It flaps its wings as you push a button on its back. :P

Miscellaneous Stuff

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Cherubi/Cherrim/Whimsicott Charms:
The Pokémon Center in Japan does charm promotions every few years or something like that where they offer little charms like this of every single Pokémon. Last year I missed out on pick-ups for them at pkmncollectors and I was a little heart broken because it was the first time Cherrim was offered. But Mr Cat Dog (the smod) is AMAZINGLY AWESOME and while he was in Japan last year, he picked this up for me without telling me and mailed it along with the thank you note from when he stayed with my family for a few days earlier on his trip. I'm still SO THANKFUL because I would have missed out otherwise. ♥♥♥♥ Also included is a Whimsicott charm I got from another friend. I only wanted that one and she only wanted Cottonee so I bought her extra off her (since they only come in evolution sets). :3

Spoiler:

Houndoom/Houndour Charms:
Got these the first time charms were offered, when it was just for Gen I and Gen II. I believe it was part of the ongoing HGSS promotions.

Spoiler:

Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu Charms:
See above. (The only way I could get decent pictures of the charms were to individually photograph each package. :x)

Spoiler:

Whimsicott Phone Charm:
I honestly kind of forgot I even had this until I found it today while grabbing the tin you'll see next. XD; I don't really know what I'll do with it because I don't have many things that need danglers and I tend to worry too much about losing them if I put them on my backpack or purse or something, since I tend to be a bit rough with my bags.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Christmas Tin:
Got this mainly because Vanillite is on it but it's an adorable tin anyway. I don't keep much in it because it's pretty small (so I can't even use it for Christmas cookies or something!) but it's a decent enough size for small supplies like paperclips or sticky note pads so I tend to use it for that although it's not very festive hehe. It's been tucked away in storage for a while though so I need to find a place for it on my desk.

Spoiler:

Christmas Pins:
From the same Christmas set as the tin--I mainly got this for the Vanillite ornament plushie but everything's pretty cute. The rocking horse Blitzle is adorable! Aww!

Spoiler:

My DSes:
They aren't really Pokémon-based but I really like how they look with the simple Pokémon sticker on each of them. The lighting was too hard to get a pretty picture of my DSi (it's the hot pink one and wouldn't look anything but purple in photos D:) and Whimsicott doesn't look all that good in this photo... but I assure you it looks good in real life. I love how the sticker on my DS Lite looks, though. I don't usually like to put stickers on things because it tends to look tacky but a simple design like this looks really nice to me.

Spoiler:

Pens/Pencils:
Some more Pichu stuff, because we haven't seen enough yet obviously. :P The top pen is a clicky pen with the Pichu Bros dangling from the top. The middle is a mechanical pencil that features the Pichu Bros again--one on each side of the train on the top. It seems to be from that Pokémon theme park that was in Japan and Taiwan in the mid-2000s. Lastly is another Pichu pen. This one had a really nice lime green ink but it's since run out of ink and I haven't gotten around to replacing it. :(

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Pencil Case:
This is my pencil case! It's a beautiful pink and it has Whimsicott so the moment I saw it, I fell in love and had to order it. The inside is kind of a greenish yellow with a blue Pokéball and star motif. It's a wonderful size and since it's soft, it squishes nicely in my backpack when I have a lot in there. It gets noticed a lot at school since I go to a kind of nerdy school and even if they might not know all the newer Pokémon, Pikachu gets me enough comments.

Spoiler:

Cherrim Settei:
Last things on my tour! Settei (meaning "setting", essentially) are the character design sheets they use in the animation studio for the Pokémon anime. They're pretty much character cheat sheets that the animators keep on hand to make sure they're drawing everything right since they have a number of different poses and information about the Pokémon in question to keep everything consistently drawn across scenes. I have a few copies (not originals but originals don't get out) of these pages and they're really neat. These are my Cherrim ones. I think these are the only ones that exist but I might be wrong. The top shows a bunch of different angles of Cherrim in both forms and the bottom shows the transformation process. :3

Spoiler:

Cherubi/Nosepass Settei:
Same as above, but showcasing Nosepass and Cherubi. I like the Nosepass one since it shows how Nosepass kind of flattens out if you take it apart at the seams. XD;

...phew! That's most of my stuff. There are a bunch of flats I didn't show because I didn't have time to pull them out and set them up in a way that's easy to take photos of... and I didn't get close-ups of many things. n_n If anyone's interested in better pictures or has any specific questions let me know! Sorry everything was so long! I just like talking about my collection since I've been building it up for so many years. :3

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old March 21st, 2013, 03:18 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

And I thought I was obsessed Lightning.

But more toys today:

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links