Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 13th, 2013, 09:45 AM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
I played about 4-5 hours yesterday. I looooooooooooove this game, seriously. Can't wait to start switching classes with my characters and pair them up with different romantic interests. I also would have enjoyed more customization to My unit but it's okay I guess.

My unit married Lissa, who did you guys ultimately end up with?

I chose Nowi (the loli dragon) since I had already determined I'd pair "My Unit" with her long before the game came out. But really, the choices are pretty endless; you can pair him/her with just about anybody. On the other hand, Chrom only has about 5 potential wives (went with Sumia) That seems like the natural choice and she has priority over the other girls.

Anyways, went with Normal/Classic and it's been relatively easy thus far. Too late to go back though.
Old February 13th, 2013, 11:26 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebloom View Post
I chose Nowi (the loli dragon) since I had already determined I'd pair "My Unit" with her long before the game came out. But really, the choices are pretty endless; you can pair him/her with just about anybody. On the other hand, Chrom only has about 5 potential wives (went with Sumia) That seems like the natural choice and she has priority over the other girls.

Anyways, went with Normal/Classic and it's been relatively easy thus far. Too late to go back though.
Yea I went into this game not knowing who the characters were and what my options were. Actually I was gonna for Tharja when I first saw some concept art but Lissa grew on me haha

I didn't go with Classic but that's because I've never played a Fire Emblem title so I figured I'd take it easy for now and get used to the system. It's very Advanced Wars-like except the dialogue, story, and class system stuff make it better.
What is this, some sort of basketball manga?
Old February 13th, 2013, 11:41 AM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I had the MOST EMBARRASSING death ever in my game so far.

Chapter 5. My units are separated into 2 teams. One to protect some new units, the other clearing field. My Avatar Zeus, Chrom, Lissa, and Lu Kang(? myrmidon) are in that one group.

There are two Dragon Knights. Chrom and Lu Kang take out the first one. My Avatar was going to double cast Thunder to kill the second one. The game said I would attack twice... BUT THUNDER BROKE after the first hit, so the Dragon Knight killed Chrom - GAME OVER!

I had a Brand New Thunder, but still had the old one equipped.

This game is amazing, I'm very eager to try again when I finish my homework.
Old February 13th, 2013, 11:47 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Oh that sounds disappointing haha. I've never had a weapon break in the middle of a clash like that.

How exactly do I switch my classes? My friend sort of explained it but it was late last night and I was sleepy. My unit is already level 20 and Sumia's almost there as well. Chrom isn't too far behind.
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:55 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Quote:
Oh that sounds disappointing haha. I've never had a weapon break in the middle of a clash like that.

How exactly do I switch my classes? My friend sort of explained it but it was late last night and I was sleepy. My unit is already level 20 and Sumia's almost there as well. Chrom isn't too far behind.
There's a weapon called the Second Seal that allows your character to change to a number of available classes (so long as they are advanced or level 10). It can either be found in chests, dropped by enemies, or bought from Anna.

The Master Seal is similar, except rather than letting you change classes, it takes a D&D styled approach and allows you to choose from your classes available advanced classes. It is obtained the same way as the Second Seal is.

Quote:
Yea I went into this game not knowing who the characters were and what my options were. Actually I was gonna for Tharja when I first saw some concept art but Lissa grew on me haha
I wanted to marry Tharja SO bad, but I'd already married Miriel several (playtime) hours earlier, and I didn't even know about Tharja (or really any of the characters except those from other games or those in the demo) prior to release ;_;.

Last edited by machomuu; February 13th, 2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:30 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
There's a weapon called the Second Seal that allows your character to change to a number of available classes (so long as they are advanced or level 10). It can either be found in chests, dropped by enemies, or bought from Anna.

The Master Seal is similar, except rather than letting you change classes, it takes a D&D styled approach and allows you to choose from your classes available advanced classes. It is obtained the same way as the Second Seal is.
Oooohh okay. Yea I got my hand on a couple. So far I've promoted My unit, Sumia and Ricken with a master seal. (Grandmaster, Dark Flier, and Dark Knight respectively). Still holding onto one Second Seal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
I wanted to marry Tharja SO bad, but I'd already married Miriel several (playtime) hours earlier, and I didn't even know about Tharja (or really any of the characters except those from other games or those in the demo) prior to release ;_;.
tharja<33 Next playthrough I will go for her. She keeps dropping hints that she wants to be with me lol Oh btw has anyone made any comical marriages? I made Ricken (the kid) marry Panne the beastwoman.
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Puppeteer Mask
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!

Nature: Sassy
Being a girl, I married Vaike. Because The Vaike is a hoot, especially in his supports with MU. However, I did not realise the awesomeness that is Henry. If I ever do a redo aside from the one I'm trying of a male MU (just to see my options, some of the girls are really cute...) I will definitely be trying to marry Henry. He's just... he's just hilarious. (And cute. Very cute.)

However, my kid looks absurd as a Fighter. >.< Like, seriously absurd. Especially in comparison to his potrait, where he's basically a shota me with a sandy brown bowl cut.

Fun fact you may not know about. Tharja's creepy stalker obsession lust for you? Yeah, that's still around even when you're a girl. Heck, when I had Henry propose to her, her conditions for agreeing was that if he had to choose between saving her or me, he has to SAVE ME. I AM GREATER THAN ANY OF THEM. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA-okay done.

And I had originally paired up Gregor and Nowi thinking it'd be funny... it actually turned out to be absolutely adorable. And Lucina and Brady is pretty damn adorable too.
Back after long, unwanted, unforseen Hiatus... Nothing worth noting in signature as of yet... : <
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:47 PM
RedJ
[*TRUMPETS INTENSIFY*]

Nature: Quiet
Yeaaaah, I read all about Creepy Stalker Tharja when I was planning pairings. Creepy stalker is one thing, but that on top of everything else she does (including but not limited to her little comment if you get her support to S Rank) gave me all the motivation I needed to keep away from her. Doesn't help that I've heard she's worse in the Japanese version.

Still haven't got the game yet, but I've been told that WalMart has it in stock, so I'll hopefully be able to grab it before this weekend, unless people swoop in and buy up all the copies.

Old February 13th, 2013, 09:46 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

I bought a master seal after Chapter 7. My Avatar is Lv. 12 already. Should I promote him now, or what? Are y'all sticking with the Tactition/Grandmaster Class or switching?
Old February 14th, 2013, 05:56 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3

I think I'll end up replaying the game right after I finish but I don't know if I should go with a female unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjacketalchemist View Post
Still haven't got the game yet, but I've been told that WalMart has it in stock, so I'll hopefully be able to grab it before this weekend, unless people swoop in and buy up all the copies.
If you're able to, and have the free space, just download it through the eShop. Worked just fine for me.

@SnowpointQuincy: I promoted mine when I reached 20 but that's because I didn't get a Master Seal til then. I have a Grandmaster (my unit), Great Lord (Chrom), Dark Flier (Sumia), Sorceress (Tharja), Dark Knight (Ricken), and a Sage (Lissa).

Those are all the Master Seals I've done....haven't used any Second Seals just yet.
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Puppeteer Mask
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
I bought a master seal after Chapter 7. My Avatar is Lv. 12 already. Should I promote him now, or what? Are y'all sticking with the Tactition/Grandmaster Class or switching?
You should always wait for level 20 before promoting your characters, so that they get as many stat boosts while leveling up in the lower class as possible. Promoted classes don't level up nearly as quickly as lower ones, and by promoting now you're pretty much throwing away eight levels worth of growth. I know it's tempting, but resist. If you have another character that is at level 20, use it on them. I'm at Chapter 19 now and most all of the units that I actually use are promoted. (My kid looks even more ridiculous as a Warrior than he did as a Fighter. I really have to reclass him to Tactician at some point.)

I've been keeping everyone in their original class, except for Donnel, since Villager doesn't promote to anything. He's now a Level 1 Hero with the stats of a, like, level 15 Hero. It was getting to the point where he wasn't allowed to get any more stat boosts as a Mercenary...
Back after long, unwanted, unforseen Hiatus... Nothing worth noting in signature as of yet... : <
Old February 14th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

I know it isn't an optimal way to play it but I promote based on the character rather than to succeed - while promoting Lissa to a War Cleric so she could carry around big axes was tempting, it didn't make sense from a character standpoint.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old February 14th, 2013, 11:51 AM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

I usually wait to level 20 before promoting as well, but the level mechanics are bit different in this game. If you're trying to get certain skills for characters it's better to promote/reclass early. I mean, there is infinite leveling in the game with introduction of second seals.

Yeah, I pretty much kept everyone in there same class. Changed Brady to a Knight (lol) and Morgan to an Archer since it's pretty much Virion for most of the game.
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:34 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3

@Yuoaman: I'm with you. I was so tempted to give Lissa some axes I ultimately kept it all magic-based for her hahaha

I gotta get back on and play...I forget where I'm at
Old February 14th, 2013, 01:27 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

I did too...dunno if that was a good idea. My party usually consists of my Tactician (who specializes in Magic), Miriel (A Sage), Lissa (Also a sage), and Tharja (A sorcerer)...

...So much magic -.-
Old February 14th, 2013, 02:44 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

So, Once you get married it sticks forever right? What if a married character died? (i'm playing casual anyway, so no worries)

Can each couple have more than one child, or only one?
Old February 14th, 2013, 03:04 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Yeah, it's forever. This is because, in Classic, many characters don't die so much as they become permanently unable to fight.

This hasn't always been the case, though; in previous Fire Emblem games, ones prior to the remake of Monsho no Nazo, characters did die (in most cases) when they were defeated in battle.
Old February 14th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Puppeteer Mask
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
So, Once you get married it sticks forever right? What if a married character died? (i'm playing casual anyway, so no worries)

Can each couple have more than one child, or only one?
I don't know about remarrying, but Chrom is the only one garaunteed to have two children Lucina and another based on the wife. A Male Avatar can also have two kids based on the same principle, provided the wife has a playable kid. (So Morgan and whoever) And a Female Avatar can have Lucina and Morgan.
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:32 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Oh, so there are only so many playable kids programed into the game? I assumed it just generated a new character. Well, that just means I got to know what I want to do with the kid before I make one.

I think I might Promote Sumia now, to get Galeforce sooner. And Promote Lissa soon so she can use offensive tomes (sage).

Is the amount of XP you get from battle based on you current class level, or your "real" level? (Is Sumia going to level up slow once promoted, even if she promotes before lv.20?)

p.s. Male Avatar looks very silly as a Dark Mage.
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:54 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

It's based on your real level, so you won't be get a lot of XP if you grind on level one base class enemies if your character is level one but has been reclassed a few times.
Old February 14th, 2013, 05:03 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer Mask View Post
I don't know about remarrying, but Chrom is the only one garaunteed to have two children Lucina and another based on the wife. A Male Avatar can also have two kids based on the same principle, provided the wife has a playable kid. (So Morgan and whoever) And a Female Avatar can have Lucina and Morgan.
I think it's nice that they took the time and actually had support conversations actually acknowledging the variable mother/father as well as the siblings. I paired Chrom with Sumia so that made Lucina and Cynthia sisters and their interactions were quite cute.
Old February 16th, 2013, 03:29 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
I just bought the game today, and I'm in L-O-V-E.

@Snowpoint Quincy, it's funny that you say it plays alot like Advance Wars because its the same developer (Intelligent Systems) behind both games.

I'm only about 6 hours into the game. I'm playing Classic-Normal, I've had three characters die so far, but I don't see that happening again any time soon. I am just in love, the new Pairing system is just a blast.
Old February 17th, 2013, 12:59 AM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Got my first Silver Sword from a challenge map (random battle). I'm thinking of forging it to make it more awesome, though it would be extremely expensive to do so.

I forged a standard Thunder Tombe and named it Pikachu.

Avatar Zeus has been promoted to Grandmaster at Lv.20. Lissa was promoted to Sage after Lv.10 because she wasn't healing often enough to level up at all. I recomend promoting your healers at Lv.10 that way they can do a little damage.

I've noticed that my characters are at full heath or dead, so healers haven't made much impact. There are some maps where they are good, but often they just stay paired up and never heal.

Have you noticed that the random battles are harder than the regular battles? The first 3-4 where actually higher leveled than the main story at that point. Only recently did I get some Lv5-7 challenge maps to work on weaker characters.
Old February 17th, 2013, 01:04 AM
machomuu
Community Supporter

@SnowpointQuincy - Maybe you should train more or pair up more, because it really isn't safe to go through the game with fragile characters, even if they're strong.

I even make it a point to have my magic-based characters have enough defense so that they can go it alone when they need to. In the beginning, they were exclusively paired off, but now I let them go it alone and they can take quite a few hits, which works to make things a lot easier for me.
Old February 17th, 2013, 03:48 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
Ok, I figured since some of us have already kinda logging our progress I'll do a quick little log.

I'm on Chapter 10

Only Chrom and my avatar have full support

I have not advanced or changed any ranks

Casulties/Retires: Valke, Miriel, Virion, Gregor.

I've acquired Mist,Florina, Erika, and Ameilia (though I don't use them) I have 410 renown

I'm really sad about losing Gregor, I lost him by complete accident, and he's the only character that's died so far that I actually liked, the rest of them were on my low tier (I really disliked Virion and Miriel, so it was kinda ironic they died together in the same mission).

My streetpass team includes: My Avatar, Chrom, Frederick, Sully, Stahl, Kelfam, Lon'qu, Nowi, Libra, and Tharja
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here