Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old February 13th, 2013 (03:14 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
A return of the battle building in HgSs near Blue's gym will be nice, it could take advantage of the 3DS' streetpass feature.

I don't think Corocoro will show the battle frontier if their's one unless if it's only a small piece like with PWT which showed the small shops and the flags which left some of us guessing what it could possibly be.
Old February 13th, 2013 (03:16 PM).
I like kitties
Silver Tier

Nature: Lax
Bring back the Battle Subway, and kill Fly. I found it extremely inane to not only have a Subway system, but a subway system with multiple stops, exist in a game with a much stagnated quick travel. It wouldn't even need to break the game, and could easily explained by having you obtain a boarding pass circa gym 4, with stations in the next cities unreachable due to access barred by gym badges. I understand the battle subway is for fighting, but Anville Town's line suggests otherwise.
Give us the frontier from the start, no 3rd version or sequel excuse should exist this time round. Anything those games would offer could easily come in the form of DLC now, so the Battle Frontier being here should happen. Give it a grand revival, with some more substantial rewards, and perhaps even a more complete feel to it. Have the PWT a facility, but with unlockable tournaments that depend on your beaten facilities. Beat them all? Well here, have a Battle Brain Tournament, complete with all the hax in the world!

#328 Trapinch
Supporter Collab January 2015
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 13th, 2013 (03:23 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Miss Doronjo:
When exactly is the next issue, by the way? I've heard that it was next month, but...
I honestly think, at this point, we're probably going to get one scan a month. It sounds super slow, but we have like what, 7-8 more months to go? So yeah, the closer it gets towards release date, the more data we'll get. I'm not surprised that we're really lagging, but it's still early.

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
A return of the battle building in HgSs near Blue's gym will be nice, it could take advantage of the 3DS' streetpass feature.

I don't think Corocoro will show the battle frontier if their's one unless if it's only a small piece like with PWT which showed the small shops and the flags which left some of us guessing what it could possibly be.
Eh. Probably in the middle this year they might show some battle facilities? What I really hope that CoroCoro shows something similar to Gen III's battle frontier. I've said it in the past and I'll say it again: In my own opinion, Gen III had the best battle facilities ever. There was just a lot of variety, and I loved the facility that had your Pokemon battling on their own, based on their nature and whatnot. @_@ I'd love something like that to make a return~

Old February 13th, 2013 (03:37 PM).
I always win.

Nature: Impish
So, I just saw that new Eevee thing, Ninfia, or whatever. Just, no. And this...thing...is supposed to be cute? First of all, Minccino with it's scarves was bad enough, but now we have a pink...thing...covered in ribbons? Why?

I swear though, if this...thing...means that there is going to be a "Light" type, then...just...no.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old February 13th, 2013 (03:40 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
I honestly think, at this point, we're probably going to get one scan a month. It sounds super slow, but we have like what, 7-8 more months to go? So yeah, the closer it gets towards release date, the more data we'll get. I'm not surprised that we're really lagging, but it's still early.

Eh. Probably in the middle this year they might show some battle facilities? What I really hope that CoroCoro shows something similar to Gen III's battle frontier. I've said it in the past and I'll say it again: In my own opinion, Gen III had the best battle facilities ever. There was just a lot of variety, and I loved the facility that had your Pokemon battling on their own, based on their nature and whatnot. @_@ I'd love something like that to make a return~
We will...when remakes are made lol. Though it would be nice to have one with more original facilities, Gen IV's didn't seem very original to me, though that might've been cause it was too small and had two out of the five being returning facilities.

I think Ninfia's cute, I like it better than Mincinno whom I like as well.
Old February 13th, 2013 (03:52 PM).

Looking at Ninfia, I'm gonna say it'll be a Normal/Flying type, instead of being just 1 or the other. There's only 1 pure Flying type Pokemon: Tornadus, which is pretty much the "spirit of the wind". Standard Pokemon are usually judged by the elemental powers first. Since Ninfia doesn't seem to possess elemental features, I think that's a sign of it being Normal. And the ribbons (for the game footage pic in the magazine) apparently move, it might use those to fly.

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old February 13th, 2013 (03:55 PM). Edited February 13th, 2013 by Cerberus87.
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
I think Gamefreak showed with 5th gen that the Battle Frontier itself isn't a staple of the series, but a competitive battling facility is. I personally hope to see something in the spirit of the Frontier, but which isn't a clone of the 3rd gen Frontier. Just because people didn't like the Subway much, doesn't mean they shouldn't keep experimenting.

I want to see a facility with the "face" of the new region. Just cloning the Frontier would be wrong IMO.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
Old February 13th, 2013 (03:58 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Cerberus87:
I think Gamefreak showed with 5th gen that the Battle Frontier itself isn't a staple of the series, but a competitive battling facility is. I personally hope to see something in the spirit of the Frontier, but which isn't a clone of the 3rd gen Frontier. Just because people didn't like the Subway much, doesn't mean they shouldn't keep experimenting.

I want to see a facility with the "face" of the new region. Just cloning the Frontier would be wrong IMO.
I think it'll be nice if they didn't copy it, I wished that HgSs would've had it's own unique facility oppose to copying Pt's.

I hope we get some news on the new features of the games next issue.
Old February 13th, 2013 (04:04 PM).
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Back to Ninfia. Usually I wouldn't be much concerned about a new type, but it's quite telling that one of the first Pokémon announced was an eeveelution. Why would they do that? And why would they design something which has nothing to do with the current types? I don't think it looks like it can fly, and it doesn't look like a bug either. They seem to make a big deal about the typing, too, since they're not revealing it, whereas with Leafeon and Glaceon the typing was a given. I'm starting to believe it's a new type, but I don't know what it could be. I'm fairly sure it won't be a "Light" type. It might be translated this way, though.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
Old February 13th, 2013 (04:14 PM).
Silver Tier

I find it interesting how they haven't revealed the types of any of the new pokemon beyond the starters which are obvious. I thought they were going to reveal the types of the Mascots yet they've been keeping it a secret with another secretive pokemon introduced...maybe it is a new type and all three share it.
Old February 13th, 2013 (04:15 PM).

Quote originally posted by Cerberus87:
Back to Ninfia. Usually I wouldn't be much concerned about a new type, but it's quite telling that one of the first Pokémon announced was an eeveelution. Why would they do that? And why would they design something which has nothing to do with the current types? I don't think it looks like it can fly, and it doesn't look like a bug either. They seem to make a big deal about the typing, too, since they're not revealing it, whereas with Leafeon and Glaceon the typing was a given. I'm starting to believe it's a new type, but I don't know what it could be. I'm fairly sure it won't be a "Light" type. It might be translated this way, though.
If I remember right, Reshiram's and Zekrom's types weren't revealed when they were either, and that started the whole Zekrom = Dark type, Reshiram = Light type thing. I don't think we're getting a new type, probably ever. It was 1999 (I think) when we got new types last, this is 2013. I feel like we would have gotten a new type by now if there were plans to introduce more over time.

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old February 13th, 2013 (04:36 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
We will...when remakes are made lol. Though it would be nice to have one with more original facilities, Gen IV's didn't seem very original to me, though that might've been cause it was too small and had two out of the five being returning facilities.

I think Ninfia's cute, I like it better than Mincinno whom I like as well.
That's if there are going to be remakes. :x Not to be joykill or anything like that, but given these games we have no idea whether or not R/S/E remakes would even be made.

Another thing I'm excited for are what new items are going to be introduced in these games~! n_n Even though it's for competitive reasons but items are interesting nonetheless!

Also, new types of Pokeballs would be nice. :3

Old February 13th, 2013 (04:39 PM).
Silver Tier

That's if there are going to be remakes. :x Not to be joykill or anything like that, but given these games we have no idea whether or not R/S/E remakes would even be made.

Another thing I'm excited for are what new items are going to be introduced in these games~! n_n Even though it's for competitive reasons but items are interesting nonetheless!

Also, new types of Pokeballs would be nice. :3
Right, new pokeballs. I enjoyed the one's introduced in generation IV but was disappointed that generation V had none. Maybe the next issue could show case the new pokemon coming out of new pokeballs.
I do wonder how the animations will look when they come out...I don't beleive they showed them emerging in the trailer.
Old February 13th, 2013 (05:03 PM).

Regarding Ninfia - for a combination of reasons, I think it's going to be Dragon type.

Why, you might ask, would they make a cute, pink dragon type with bows? To highlight the new friendship mechanic they hinted at. The pokemon's happiness is apparently going to have an effect beyond simply triggering evolution or establishing the base power of Return. And what better way to introduce that mechanic than with an Eeveelution (one of the most popular lines of pokemon in the games) that's a Dragon type (probably the overall most popular type)? I predict that it will not only be Dragon type, but will have just about the best possible Eevee stat spread, so it will potentially be a VERY effective battler, BUT... only if you love it and take care of it. And with that face, who could resist?

'course, I could be partly wrong, mostly wrong or entirely wrong, but that's what I'm thinking at the moment...
Old February 13th, 2013 (07:53 PM).

Seriously? No starter evolutions? No background on the legendaries? No new Pokémon? Just another Eeveelution?

Don't get me wrong, its a good piece of news, but not enough for me to chew for a few more months. When are we finally going to see the starter evolutions?? That's what I wanna know.
Old February 13th, 2013 (07:56 PM).
Monotype lover!!!!!

Nature: Serious
It seems like this is all we're getting this month.
Just like past games, they will give a little more info on the games every month in Corocoro, which the scans start coming during the middle of the month.
Old February 13th, 2013 (07:59 PM).
"He was a laser fish."

For this week? I doubt we'll be getting more for a while. This is only the second round of info so far, and it's been a while, so there's nothing suggesting we're getting any more soon. Mind you we could very well get some more.

I don't even remember how they delt out info the the older generations lol It does seem wierd, the lack of info we have
Old February 13th, 2013 (08:02 PM).
Swadloon Trainer
Silver Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Ninfia looks so much like victini it isn't even funny

Wonder Trade!!!
Old February 13th, 2013 (08:03 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
You do realize that we could have had absolutely nothing in exchange for the Eevee Evolution. We don't have to have any news until we get closer to October. So even a little bit is nice.
Old February 13th, 2013 (08:23 PM).
Primal Sauropod

Nature: Adamant
This is extremely random, but after watching Pokemon Ranger:Temple of the Sea just
now, I realized, we have never had a dolphin Pokemon! And they are like the symbols of the sea. (Yeah we have had whales, turtles, sharks, and numerous fish, but no dolphins? What??) maybe they might make one for Gen 6? And coro coro scans are due on Friday, right?

(Edit) Yeah, Kyogre is an orca whale (which is the largest member of the dolphin family) but its not really a dolphin.
Old February 13th, 2013 (08:28 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

I did find it kind of strange that there are no dolphins made as of yet. u_u;; Hopefully one would be revealed within the next CoroCoro issue, maybe? Doubtful, but anything could happen, really.

Old February 13th, 2013 (08:29 PM).
Primal Sauropod

I did find it kind of strange that there are no dolphins made as of yet. u_u;; Hopefully one would be revealed within the next CoroCoro issue, maybe? Doubtful, but anything could happen, really.
Hopefully! Maybe it would be Psy/Water? (Dolphins being extremely smart and all.)
Old February 13th, 2013 (08:32 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

Would be kind of a good counterpart to Sharpedo, who's Dark/Water, but Sharpedo would kind of have an unfair edge here. :(

Old February 13th, 2013 (08:38 PM).
Primal Sauropod

Would be kind of a good counterpart to Sharpedo, who's Dark/Water, but Sharpedo would kind of have an unfair edge here.
True... Maybe be able to learn solar beam or something? Idk. Dolphins usually daylight creatures, having to come up for air.
Old February 13th, 2013 (11:09 PM). Edited February 13th, 2013 by halcyonic.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
but how in the world would a dolphin be able to use solarbeam, id be laughing so hardly if it could do so

or they could make it clamperl-evo-like - either evolve into a water/psychic or water/fighting, depending on your choice
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)