The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:45 PM
kj3400
Wants a Magneton for a Charger

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to kj3400
I know this might be a can of worms question, but is there any tutorial or a page I can use to add generation 4 pokemon to an advance game? I've been looking, but I haven't seen any.
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:54 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj3400 View Post
I know this might be a can of worms question, but is there any tutorial or a page I can use to add generation 4 pokemon to an advance game? I've been looking, but I haven't seen any.
Just search for adding Pokemon.

You can do it fairly self-explanatory by using YAPE and Wichu's Sprite Editor. You just need to replace an old Pokemon you don't like. You can get the stats from Bulbapedia and gen IV sprites are complete in Chaos Rush's DS styled 64x64 sprite resource.

The can of worms is when you want to extend the pokedex....

Paired with Simba
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:56 PM
kj3400

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post

The can of worms is when you want to extend the pokedex....
That's what I wanted to do, actually...
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:59 PM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
That's what I wanted to do, actually...
Several have succeeded... But I don't think anyone has posted how. If you can wait a while, Jambo is getting ever closer to completing his 649 patch which will have all Pokemon up to BW.

Paired with Simba
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:02 PM
kj3400

Well, I suppose I can wait. By the time I've gotten up to the point where having the particular gen 4 pokemon I need would be a factor, hopefully that patch will be out. If not, I only need to add 3 gen 4 legendaries anyway.
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:06 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Well, I suppose I can wait. By the time I've gotten up to the point where having the particular gen 4 pokemon I need would be a factor, hopefully that patch will be out. If not, I only need to add 3 gen 4 legendaries anyway.
For those, just replace three crappy Pokemon and use the pokedex order tool in PGE to reorder the pokedex. There are plenty of, "What was Game Freak thinking?!?" Pokemon to get rid of:D

Paired with Simba
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:25 PM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
Anyone has an idea why whenever I open XSE 1.1.1 on my PC, it automatically closes like 2 seconds after i get the main window of it?
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:39 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbuja's_BlooDY View Post
Anyone has an idea why whenever I open XSE 1.1.1 on my PC, it automatically closes like 2 seconds after i get the main window of it?
Open the .ini, make autoupdatecheck=0.

If it doesn't exist, add it under the [options] section.

Paired with Simba
Old February 13th, 2013, 05:33 PM
The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D

A friend of mine told me i am able to insert bw sprites into firered and leafgreen, and im making a hack, am i able to do that even with the size difference, if so how? D:

To be changed to Terror!
Ive been let aware of a Pokemon Nightmare Hack being released already, i waited to long, and i checked it out and it looks really cool
I wanted to keep a connection to Nightmare, so i thought of Night Terrors, and kept Terror!

Currently in Design Stage, will be begin to code in around a month!
Pokemon Dream will be the sequel and made Somewhat after.
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:11 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
A friend of mine told me i am able to insert bw sprites into firered and leafgreen, and im making a hack, am i able to do that even with the size difference, if so how? D:
You have to shrink them, or wait for Chaos Rush to do it. Check out his DS Styled 64x64 Sprite Resource.

Paired with Simba
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:22 PM

do you have a link to them?

Or how can i resize the pokemon without distorting it?

To be changed to Terror!
Ive been let aware of a Pokemon Nightmare Hack being released already, i waited to long, and i checked it out and it looks really cool
I wanted to keep a connection to Nightmare, so i thought of Night Terrors, and kept Terror!

Last edited by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D; February 13th, 2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Zemekis
The Booze Cruise

How do you delete the option to choose between Boy or Girl in Fire Red? Is it possible to just make the character automatically male?
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:16 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
do you have a link to them?

Or how can i resize the pokemon without distorting it?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267728

Patcience.... Lots and lots of it. I use GIMP and what I do is shrink the image down to an appropriate size, then make corrections until it looks good.

I believe Chaos draws many of them from scratch, though it takes some true talent to do that, I could never get a sprite to look remotely good from scratch.

Edit: Chaos, if you see this, I am not kissing up to you. I dunno how I made it on as I can't draw to save my life, so I do mean it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
How do you delete the option to choose between Boy or Girl in Fire Red? Is it possible to just make the character automatically male?
Just to say, I didn't ignore you earlier, I just don't know. There is a thread around here somewhere dealing with removing the intro. If you go back a bunch of pages in this thread, someone asked about removing the intro and got a bunch of links. (December, maybe? I know if happened, or was it the Script help thread... It's in one of them:D) Some of them might be useful.

You could also make it a choice between two guys, that would be the easiest.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; February 13th, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Zemekis
The Booze Cruise

Okay, i'll look back through/search the thread. Do you know how to change both options to "Boy"? Both methods are acceptable, so if you could give me some pointers on doing the double-Boy option, that'd be great!
Old February 13th, 2013, 09:39 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

in fire red what is it that keeps your pokes from evolving into gen 2 pokemon? I would like to allow users to catch and raise gen 2 pokemon as starters (a catch your own starter instead of taking the 3 choices)
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:11 PM

what program would allow you to make oppenents have shiny,or change shiny encounter rate? and stuff like that? lol

To be changed to Terror!

Old February 14th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
what program would allow you to make oppenents have shiny,or change shiny encounter rate? and stuff like that? lol
You can use HackMew's shinyzer to make others have shiny or make wild shiny battle.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 14th, 2013, 03:36 AM
prnoct90
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Adamant
I have two questions:

1. Is there a hack of fire red that pretty much just leaves the game itself alone, but makes it so all pokemon can be caught/evolved in game (as opposed to trading)?

2. Is any team working on a hack that combines all the "real" regions into one complete game?
Old February 14th, 2013, 03:41 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
Okay, i'll look back through/search the thread. Do you know how to change both options to "Boy"? Both methods are acceptable, so if you could give me some pointers on doing the double-Boy option, that'd be great!
Well, you would have to change Oak's inrtro text to say who are you instead of what. You can do this in A-text, a hex editor, or even a script editor, though A-text would be the easiest. Then, you would have to create two different character sprites, both boys, and insert one over the girls sprite using NSE or un-Lz. So, basically replace everything girl with guy. The toughest part might be changing the multi-choice box which asks if you are a girl or a guy to say something based on the qualities of your two choice for boys, like tough kid and smart kid. I am not quite sure how to chance the multi choice box, but you may be able to find it in A-text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
in fire red what is it that keeps your pokes from evolving into gen 2 pokemon? I would like to allow users to catch and raise gen 2 pokemon as starters (a catch your own starter instead of taking the 3 choices)
The answer has come up before in this thread. I can't remember right now, but you are still supposed to search before asking.

Edit: I think you need to give the player the national Pokedex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
I have two questions:

1. Is there a hack of fire red that pretty much just leaves the game itself alone, but makes it so all pokemon can be caught/evolved in game (as opposed to trading)?

2. Is any team working on a hack that combines all the "real" regions into one complete game?
1) Probobly, I know that there is one for Emerald. Try looking for a FireRed Complete or FireRed 386 in the showcase.

2) This is really tough due to space requirements. The closest I think would be the 649 patches by Jambo51 and Chaos Rush.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; February 14th, 2013 at 03:57 AM.
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:01 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

thanks... I found the "search this thread" function

but im fairly certain this one is NOT in this thread:

I need a way to make the safari game NOT end... then a way to make it end again...

for example...
I am making a "catch your starting pokemon" event... where you go into a safari zone game... and catch a pokemon... then immediately after you catch that poke the game ends... yay

but by going into the Safari Zone game.. you get that step counter... so if someone were to hang around and NOT catch something till that timer ran out... they would be teleported to the REAL safari zone and end up in fuscha city with no pokemon...

so I need to turn the step counter off for just that game... then for all other safari games (you can only get into this area one time) the step counter should be on...
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:06 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
thanks... I found the "search this thread" function

but im fairly certain this one is NOT in this thread:

I need a way to make the safari game NOT end... then a way to make it end again...

for example...
I am making a "catch your starting pokemon" event... where you go into a safari zone game... and catch a pokemon... then immediately after you catch that poke the game ends... yay

but by going into the Safari Zone game.. you get that step counter... so if someone were to hang around and NOT catch something till that timer ran out... they would be teleported to the REAL safari zone and end up in fuscha city with no pokemon...

so I need to turn the step counter off for just that game... then for all other safari games (you can only get into this area one time) the step counter should be on...
Better idea, run a check to make sure the player has a Pokemon after the safari game. If not, send him back in!

Also, the above question I believe you need to give the player the national pokedex.

Paired with Simba
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:28 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Better idea, run a check to make sure the player has a Pokemon after the safari game. If not, send him back in!

Also, the above question I believe you need to give the player the national pokedex.
I would run a check but I cant edit the way the safari zone ends...

I may be able to edit the real exit mapscript... that may do it...

I dont know how to check for pokemon...
I tried countpokemon... but it turns the map black

I was using the countpokemon check to end my mini game (after each battle) but that is wrong... what command checks how many pokes you have in your belt?
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:45 AM
FBI agent
Imagine something beautiful

Quote:
I would run a check but I cant edit the way the safari zone ends...

I may be able to edit the real exit mapscript... that may do it...

I dont know how to check for pokemon...
I tried countpokemon... but it turns the map black

I was using the countpokemon check to end my mini game (after each battle) but that is wrong... what command checks how many pokes you have in your belt?
It is countpokemon, if you're using PKSV. Also, you're going about it the wrong way. If you want a custom safari zone without a counter make a new map, don't bother trying to edit the existing routine.

My name forum name is FBI Agent, though a lot of kids call me FBI because they're lazy. I run an ASM request/resource thread feel free to request me any cool ideas you have!

My current projects:
- Nothing right now. Gief request
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:54 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
It is countpokemon, if you're using PKSV. Also, you're going about it the wrong way. If you want a custom safari zone without a counter make a new map, don't bother trying to edit the existing routine.
I did make a new map...

on my new maps mapscript
under "On entering map/on menu close [05]"
ive got:
Spoiler:
#org 0x8800800
'-----------------------------------
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if == call 0x8800810 ' Equal To
end

#org 0x8800810
msgbox 0x8800900 ' OAK: Have you caught...
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
closemsg
special 0xCE
special FR_NATIONAL_DEX
setvar 0x4055 0x3
warp 0x4 0x5 0xFF 0x4 0x2
end

#org 0x8800900
= OAK: Have you caught a POK\eMON?\nCome back so we can see.

its supposed to end the game after any battle where you caught a pokemon... because you would have 0 pokemon going in... then you should have 1 pokemon after the battle, so when it checks... it should play that event and give end the game... but instead... after any battle... it goes black ;(

UPDATE:
I used the "countpokemon" code in the exact same fashion while making the person stay in the event (if they get kicked out by the step counter)

Spoiler:
#org 0x8801000
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if >= call 0x816D2F2 ' Larger Than or Equal To
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if == call 0x88009B0 ' Equal To
end

#org 0x816D2F2
lockall
textcolor BLUE
msgbox 0x8197E85 ' Did you catch your f...
closemsg
applymovement PLAYER 0x816D362 ' walk_down walk_down ...
pauseevent 0x0
special 0xCE
setvar 0x406E 0x0
releaseall
end

#org 0x88009B0
lockall
textcolor BLUE
msgbox 0x88009F0 ' OAK: Have you caught...
closemsg
applymovement PLAYER 0x88009E0 ' walk_up end
pauseevent 0x0
special 0xCD
setvar 0x406E 0x2
warp 0x4 0x6 0xFF 0x19 0x1C
releaseall
end

#org 0x8197E85
= Did you catch your fair share?\nCome again!

#org 0x88009F0
= OAK: Have you caught a POK\eMON?\nGet back in there...

#org 0x816D362
M walk_down walk_down end

#org 0x88009E0
M walk_up end

and it worked perfectly... (even tested by actually playing the safari game and that way ends correctly too)

so y am I getting a black screen when I count in my lil safarigame...

counting to 0 works I guess cause it lets you keep playing if you run or chase off a poke... but if you count to 1 it glitches up...

UPDATE2:

it works without the message box script... so if oak doesnt call me to tell me to come back I randomely warp back with my poke...

that sux

Last edited by LocksmithArmy; February 14th, 2013 at 07:19 AM.
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:58 AM
FroggestSpirit

Hello, I came here from the GBC hacking, because I had the idea of patching Pokemon Crystal to have up to 512 pokemon. I'm pretty fluent in using a GB debugger, and know GB ASM well, as i've done quite a few things with it. I figured that It'd be more beneficial to come here, and work off of FireRed. It sounds like this 649 patch is kind of what I wanted to do, so that's great. Other than that, Where's the best place to start, and is there an IRC?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links