The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 13th, 2013 (11:10 PM).
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
If they make a Dolphin Pokemon I would finally be able to die happy or something. I've been wanting a Dolphin Pokemon for years now. One of my initial disappointments with the Fifth Gen after they showed all the Pokemon was that they didn't make a Dolphin. I do not want to be disappointed again.
Old February 13th, 2013 (11:20 PM).
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
i just want the typing, thats all i ask, didn't that show say we would get more news today?

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 13th, 2013 (11:50 PM).
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
You do realize that we could have had absolutely nothing in exchange for the Eevee Evolution. We don't have to have any news until we get closer to October. So even a little bit is nice.
I agree with this. Although, I do find it odd that they just give us this, six Pokemon, no typing for any of them and only weight and height for Xerneas and Yveltal. I find that odd, but some information is better than none.
Old February 14th, 2013 (12:01 AM).
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

I wonder if they are against it because it could create controversy with the whole Japanese whale and dolphin killing thing. That's a pretty heavy topic right there. But we have Wailord, so I don't see why not. In my opinion though, a dolphin Pokemon would be hard to get right. I see it turning out looking very weird, but I'd embrace it if they got it right. On the Ninfia topic, I'm putting my money on it being flying. That looks a hell of a lot like Skyla and I could see it becoming her signature Pokemon.
Old February 14th, 2013 (12:15 AM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterman View Post
i just want the typing, thats all i ask, didn't that show say we would get more news today?
What show? We only get News two major ways in Japan, during the Sunday Episodes of Pokemon Smash (Saturday afternoons for Americans) and on or around the 15th of every month when the Coro Coro Scans are released.

There aren't any other schedueled news releases other than this. Internationally we have to wait for one of these to align and watch Pokemon's Twitter/Pokemon.com to see if we get the international version of it. We still have 2 days to see if the Coro Coro leak is japanese exclusive (which is possible seeing as its more Movie related than game related with Ninfia headlining the Pikachu Short with Eevee.) If we don't get any info on Ninfia for English viewers by the 15th than its Japanese exclusive release.
Old February 14th, 2013 (01:37 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightShine View Post
but how in the world would a dolphin be able to use solarbeam, id be laughing so hardly if it could do so

or they could make it clamperl-evo-like - either evolve into a water/psychic or water/fighting, depending on your choice
I wouldn't mind something like that actually, maybe not those typings though.
Old February 14th, 2013 (02:03 AM).
Garoucher

Nature: Timid
I think Ninfia will be Dragon type. Sounds a little weird, but come on, Vibrava is also Dragon Type.

Old February 14th, 2013 (02:21 AM).
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garoucher View Post
I think Ninfia will be Dragon type. Sounds a little weird, but come on, Vibrava is also Dragon Type.
Vibrava is based on a 'Dragonfly', hence why it's Dragon type, so that reasoning doesn't really work.

If anything it will most likely be flying due to the kite-tail ribbons.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old February 14th, 2013 (05:13 AM).
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
Here's a random idea; its' official name is Sylveon, so what if it was Steel-type? Sylv? Silver?
...Maybe not. In my opinion, it's either Bug- or Flying-type.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Little Big Planet 3

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Shovel Knight

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old February 14th, 2013 (05:28 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Ok, I've just read Serebii and it's Sylveon huh? I like that name and it's kind of giving off a silver/steel feel to the name but judging by it's appearance I wouldn't class it as a steel type.. hmm.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old February 14th, 2013 (05:32 AM).
Moxxy

A ghost type, anyone else? I mean she's very pastel, the fangs, the eyes, ghosts can be cutesy right?
Anyone with me? I'm no expert on attacks in any way but they also led me to think this, even though I have no idea what's what.

What are your thoughts on typing?
Old February 14th, 2013 (05:36 AM).
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Sylveon -> Sylph and "Sylphs are female and are almost transparent. They're slender and graceful, with large glistening eyes and huge wings".

That to me seems like a fairly strong endorsement of this being the Flying type Eeveelution.

Old February 14th, 2013 (05:46 AM).
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
Clue: Ninfia is considered the lightest eeveelution. Though not the lightest Pokemon, but the light weightness could provide a clue. Flying comes to mind, maybe some way of flight, I picture Sylveon could create wings made of energy. Imagine Sylveon with feather wings, it would look very cool.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old February 14th, 2013 (05:50 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Corocoro mentioned that that more secrets will be revealed about it next month. Sooo that will be the new addition. Any hopes? Maybe it's typing will be revealed? Or maybe how to actually evolve Eevee to it?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 14th, 2013 (05:53 AM).
Forever
let it go

I like the English name, and that it likely hints towards Flying-type Eeveelution. If that's trueee then I wonder why they decided on only flying??

But ya, I think next month we'll definitely get its typing, and perhaps details about an event involving it maybe...?
Old February 14th, 2013 (07:02 AM).
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
Sylveon -> Sylph and "Sylphs are female and are almost transparent. They're slender and graceful, with large glistening eyes and huge wings".

That to me seems like a fairly strong endorsement of this being the Flying type Eeveelution.
I had the same idea, Sylv could only mean Sylph and Sylphs are beings of the air, so it's one of the biggest pieces of evidence that it'd end up as a flying type.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old February 14th, 2013 (08:22 AM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post

Thats not all true. Slyphs can be male as they have no real gender. They are spirits that use wind to construct their bodies and are usually feminine by looks but fan take male forms. Though they are really genderless spiritual constructs.

I am agreeing that Sylveon has a good chance of being Flying now, but still have to wit for confirmation.
Old February 14th, 2013 (08:31 AM).
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

If it DOES end up being Flying type, i would be disappointed. Yes, it's the lightest eevelution but not my much. Neither does it have a very aerodynamic Body shape.4 ribbons can't lift 23 kgs.
Old February 14th, 2013 (08:38 AM).
Spinosaurus

So wait, are the bow tie and ribbons coming from its flesh? It sure looks like it and that's plain creepy.

What a soulless design, borderline terrible. Then again I suppose that's what you should expect from an Eevee evolution.
Old February 14th, 2013 (08:44 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Given the English name, which is pretty awesome by the way, I think it's looking more and more likely that Sylveon will be a Flying type. With the Sylph connection, does anyone think the long ribbons were inspired from the Sylph Hummingbird?

Spoiler:

Also, we've got some footage.

Old February 14th, 2013 (09:15 AM).
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Nature: Relaxed
I like that idea. I'd love for it to be a Ghost. The shiny can be purple maybe.

Also, this is gonna get moved to the CoroCoro discussion thread.
Old February 14th, 2013 (10:26 AM).
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

oh my god, what if it is? the move at :15 could be aerial ace!!
Old February 14th, 2013 (10:35 AM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
It's Trump Card, actually.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old February 14th, 2013 (10:41 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I dig "Sylveon". I have no idea what the first attack was, but the next two were most definitely Trump Card and Swift.

Old February 14th, 2013 (10:52 AM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
I dig "Sylveon". I have no idea what the first attack was, but the next two were most definitely Trump Card and Swift.
It looked like focus blast, not sure though. I'm curious what that third move was though. It looks like it's charging up Zap Cannon but it just stops.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links