• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
It could be flying type, it could also be a new type. They seriously are messing with our heads when it comes to Sylveon, and we likely won't find out till this summer. All we know is that Nymphs are the likely basis, and that's it.
Edit: It won't be normal type, and Eeveelutions will never get a normal type. The whole point of Eevee is gaining a new type for the environment its in, so yeah. Unless it becomes normal with multitype, so it can become an ultimate Eevee, and I doubt they'll do that.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd be happy with any typing tbh, its a new eeveelution which is something we havent had for some time, regardless of what it turns out to be i'll definitely be using it.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I'd be happy with any typing tbh, its a new eeveelution which is something we havent had for some time, regardless of what it turns out to be i'll definitely be using it.
Especially with a versatile moveset like it shows in the footage. Hopefully its indicative of what it can truly learn, cause for the story portion at least it could be useful in a team.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I can't see how it can fly or even glide. It may be the lightest eeveelution but it's still 23kgs/51lbs . It does not have an Aerodynamical body shape. Those ribbons can not lift that weight. Besides, don't the moves shown signal to Normal type ? It doesn't look like anything but Normal typed to me.
It doesn't need wings to fly though. Just ask Doduo and Dodrio.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Raichu and Pikachu might have something to say about Flying as well.

In any case, it does look like quite the versatile pokemon, but then again, Flying type pokemon do have versatile movesets in general.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Besides, don't the moves shown signal to Normal type ?

The rest I'll give you but to me it seems fairly obvious they gave it Normal type moves in the trailer so as not to give away its typing. If they had it using a move of any other type it would immediately be obvious what type it is, and they obviously don't want to reveal that just yet.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It doesn't need wings to fly though. Just ask Doduo and Dodrio.
Based on Pokedex description, Doduo and Dodrio have wings. They are just really small.
Raichu and Pikachu might have something to say about Flying as well.

In any case, it does look like quite the versatile pokemon, but then again, Flying type pokemon do have versatile movesets in general.

Pikachu/Raichu use balloons to fly. Hardly relevant.

The best relation is Landorus in Therian Form as its a quadruped that can essentially run on air.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I have a kinda weird idea.How about a Grass/Fire?How does this double typing sounds?
Unusuall but everything is possible.

It doesn't look anything like that... at all. :x And it'd be using up previous typings :(

Guy

just a guy
Years
Based on Pokedex description, Doduo and Dodrio have wings. They are just really small.
Forgot about the old PokéDex entries. However, while true for Doduo, the same can't be said for Dodrio. There hasn't been anything as far I can recall that has stated Dodrio having wings of any kind unlike Doduo.

Regardless, if a Pokémon like Doduo and Dodrio can fly even with wings so tiny, I'd hardly say it would be out of this world for Sylveon to be a Flying-type. Perhaps its ribbons expand in air giving it the ability to fly similar to how Buizel and Floatzel's floats can expand in water.

Landorus' Therian Form is another good example though!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Ok, I have to get it out of my system.

Why can't Sylveon pull a Tails(from Sonic), and just use it's ears to basically flap itself in the air??

This is probably the stupidest thing ever, but it has literally been on my mind since this Pokemon was released and speculation has been around concerning it's type. @_@;; That would be the only way I can picture it flying in any way whatsoever.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing that~ Though then again, Dragonair have wings on its ears, and while Dragonair can "glide" in the anime, it couldn't fly in the games.

So, maybe it can, maybe it can't, the jury's out on that one.

blue

gucci
Years
130.png

Gyarados doesn't have wings and even though it is based off a Large Dragon in Chinese Mythology, it's still Water/Flying. So I'd say not ALL Flying type Pokemon have to have wings to fall under that class.

Years
Sylveon? Gah! It's a nice name, but it doesn't definitively tell us the type. "Silva" as in forest suggests Grass- or perhaps Bug-typing. Would they really have two eeveelutions of the same time? "Silver" suggests a Steel-type, though it doesn't look very metallic. "Sylph," though not as close as words with a "v" sound, would strongly imply a Flying-type. It may not look like a Flying-type, but if it's based more on fairies and airy spirits then it's much easier to see in its design some 'airy' elements.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
If they announce the new Eeveelution on Pokemon Smash, I guess it means that Eevee will be obtainable in the games or something.

Let's hope they announce news that's worth waiting for!

I hope so, that will mean all the other eeveelutions will be in the game. I love having the option of choosing between them, even though I'll probably use a new eeveelution if one is introduced.

Actually, I wish Eevee was more common so that I could create an entire team of Eeveelutions just for fun even if it wouldn't turn out to be effective in battle.

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2013
If I had a 3DS this would be really exciting for me well anyway if I ever do get a 3DS I will choose... FENNEKIN :D
() ()
(. w.)
0( )0

Scripturient

I think I've lost it.
Years
For some reason, I really want to say that Sylveon is just a Normal type evolution for Eevee. Something about the color palette and design screams "Normal". I know Eevee is normal already, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back