• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Dragon Pokémon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Huh? What happened to dragons as mascots? Speculate!

I'm honestly not really sure what you mean here. If you're talk version mascots, they first started using dragons as version mascots from generation 4 through 5, and apparently the generation VI Pokemon Yveltal is supposed to be a Dragon. Nothing really happened to them except it got switched up a little, and if I'm gonna be completely honest, I think dragons are a bit overused nowadays. It's just getting a bit unoriginal, and especially if they keep being the starring Pokemon of each generation, which is why I'm happy they decided to mix things up a bit with Xerneas. Now don't get me wrong, I still love the dragon Pokemon, I just think there are too many of them when there shouldn't be :/

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
@Olli
I'll agree that a slight change of pace is welcome with the new legendaries, but i'll have to disagree and say that the more dargons ther are the merrier :)

Well, although dragons and dragonic/dragon-like pokemon have maintained grounds as legendaries for a time, I dont think that version mascotts should only be delegated to dragons although I'm also pretty used to it so far. Yveltal will mostl likely be dragon(maybe), so theres that. In any case i'm sure there are many other dragons to be had in the region to come.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
My username is Darklix- as you can see :)
If we choose partner Pokemon then I would choose axew.
I love the dragon type Pokemon. Most of them start out cute and then they look more deadly haha. Like charmander, deino, and axew.
In my heart, the perfect dragon Pokemon is charzard. He was just a classic from the start and I loved him ever since. That was a tough choice for me as I love almost all Dragon pokemon :) so I can't really say one Pokemon is the most perfect or imperfect dragon type.
I really hope I can join this club. Thank you!!!!

Edit: I just realized I answered the wrong topic. I don't understand what you mean by "what happened to them" white and black 2 mascots are dragons and that's the newest game that came out.(I'm pretty sure they are, I haven't finished the game yet, but the first white and black mascot pokemon are.) I wouldn't mind if the next legendary Pokemon were dragons or not though. We did get our fair share of dragon legendary/mascot Pokemon :p

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Huh? What happened to dragons as mascots? Speculate!

I'm honestly not really sure what you mean here. If you're talk version mascots, they first started using dragons as version mascots from generation 4 through 5, and apparently the generation VI Pokemon Yveltal is supposed to be a Dragon. Nothing really happened to them except it got switched up a little, and if I'm gonna be completely honest, I think dragons are a bit overused nowadays. It's just getting a bit unoriginal, and especially if they keep being the starring Pokemon of each generation, which is why I'm happy they decided to mix things up a bit with Xerneas. Now don't get me wrong, I still love the dragon Pokemon, I just think there are too many of them when there shouldn't be :/

Oh well. Sometimes there's a bit too many of a good thing, huh? xD

I suppose I'll have to wait until we end up getting what we're actually getting when it comes to other dragon Pokémon.

That said...
What kind of dragon Pokémon do you expect to see in XY?

CourageHound

Years

Well I cant really expect for much at this point besides the fact that they might step up the detail in the making of the dragons based on the starters and the 2 mascott legendaries. I can hope for some kinda Komodo Dragon dragon/poison pokemon(as i've said time and time before). That would be amaing. Maybe also making some dragons derived from different mythologies as well such as amphiters or gargoyles(Druddigon is more of a cave dragon. And even that doesnt make sense cuz its dex says that it becomes incapable of movement without sunlight energy stored. Real gargoyles become inactive in sunlight. Even so in druddigon's case, Cave =/= Sunlight ????).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Hmm...the type of Pokemon I would like to see...
I think it would be cool having a Pokemon that is a dragon/ice type. Since dragons weakness is ice. Although, im not sure if some people would like that. I would also like to see more illusion Pokemon like zorua, but that would probably annoy a lot of people. I just want to see more of those cool little trick things. Not really tricks but just those type of cool little things.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
I'm going to join this club.

Partner Pokémon: Dragonite and Charizard.

The only thing I'm really expecting is a Defensive Dragon. I mean, sure, Altaria is there for SPECIAL Defense, but maybe there should be a true tank Dragon, that has a somewhat good Attack, but not too high.

Well, since we already seen Fire/Dragon and Water/Dragon, why not have a GRASS/Dragon? I know what some of you are thinking, like, "Grass isn't really a good Type competitively" or "I'm not sure whether a dragon of this Type would be strong" but we never had a Grass/Dragon. If there is a Grass/Dragon I would expect it to be fast, defensive and somewhat offensive, and would learn significantly more Status Moves than any other dragon.

To go further into what I think a Grass/Dragon's Stats would be, click the Spoiler.

Spoiler:

But we never know. Anything could happen - Maybe a pure Dragon (Which is unique compared to other pure Dragons) or a Dragon/Rock, or anything. We all just have to wait and see.

I'm also going to answer one of the previous Topics.

What do you think is the perfect Dragon?

Dragonite. It's really cool and is not too slow (Although Speed is one of it's biggest weaknesses). Actually, Dragonite was the first final evolution of a Dragon I ever got. It is a really good sweeper and could take many hits.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Well, since we already seen Fire/Dragon and Water/Dragon, why not have a GRASS/Dragon? I know what some of you are thinking, like, "Grass isn't really a good Type competitively" or "I'm not sure whether a dragon of this Type would be strong" but we never had a Grass/Dragon. If there is a Grass/Dragon I would expect it to be fast, defensive and somewhat offensive, and would learn significantly more Status Moves than any other dragon.

Hmm... This sounds like a certain starter that just recently got a move explosion in B2W2.

Anything could happen - Maybe a pure Dragon (Which is unique compared to other pure Dragons) or a Dragon/Rock, or anything. We all just have to wait and see.

We've already got the Haxorus line for pure Dragon. Now, for the Dragon/Rock combination... Hmm, maybe they could reuse and tweak an existing idea...

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Hmm... This sounds like a certain starter that just recently got a move explosion in B2W2.

Never mind then. But still, Dragons are badly in need for a strong Tank.

We've already got the Haxorus line for pure Dragon. Now, for the Dragon/Rock combination... Hmm, maybe they could reuse and tweak an existing idea...

Yeah, I know. But Dragon/Flying is common , and pure Dragon is even more common, surely we're going to see another pure Dragon. Or at least another Dragon/Ground. In short, we're probably going to see another of those existing combinations again.

If they introduce a new Type in X/Y, that should definitely have a combination with Dragon. If GF did make a new Type, which is unlikely in my opinion, they should make it so that the new Type (Depending on what it is) would be immune to Ice. After all, only a few Dragon-Types don't have weaknesses to ice. Do you think something like this should happen? Or would it make Dragon-Types too OP?

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years

Oh..! I already asked myself this question. In previous post about Leafy Forest Club, I imaginated a Dragon/Grass type. It would be like a legendary one. But has we can see, there are too many legends who has dragon in their types. And it is kinda boring...! You don't think so? I mean, we see too many Dragon/Flying types. They should change it and innovate something new!
As we know, dragon are really weak to Ice, my bad, Ice Pokémon are very rare and hard to use, so I'm thinking about a Grass/Dragon one,
it will balance its rate of power and weakness against ice :DAs Umbr30n said, it would be cool to see a Dragon-Tank in the new generation.

Here how I see my pseudo-legendary Dragon/Grass
Spoiler:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

Oh..! I already asked myself this question. In previous post about Leafy Forest Club, I imaginated a Dragon/Grass type. It would be like a legendary one. But has we can see, there are too many legends who has dragon in their types. And it is kinda boring...! You don't think so? I mean, we see too many Dragon/Flying types. They should change it and innovate something new!
As we know, dragon are really weak to Ice, my bad, Ice Pokémon are very rare and hard to use, so I'm thinking about a Grass/Dragon one,
it will balance its rate of power and weakness against ice :DAs Umbr30n said, it would be cool to see a Dragon-Tank in the new generation.

Here how I see my pseudo-legendary Dragon/Grass
Spoiler:

Remind me maybe: What does Multi-Scale do, anyway? Tanks can come in handy, but it's no use if it's susceptible to too many things.

CourageHound

Years
Remind me maybe: What does Multi-Scale do, anyway? Tanks can come in handy, but it's no use if it's susceptible to too many things.

As long as you have full hp, multiscale cuts any damage you take from a direct attack in half ;)

I wouldndt mind a tank dragon as long as it could also fill the dual role as an offensive threat and not just a sitting duck. Sort of like a druddigon 2.0

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Do you think tough/scaly dragon Pokémon are still cuddly enough?

I think I'm thinking of weird things lately.

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years

Well, errr...
it should be hard to hug a dragon as Haxorus...!
And, without risking cutting your own head when making him a kiss on the cheek...I think it is the only one that I wouldn't hug :3
But I would love to hug Dratini. In view of its skin molting all the time, it should be sweet! Or dripping ... Ewww...
Yeah, Bagon and Dratini would be great <3

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

While the majority of the dragon Pokemon's designs are of ferocious dragons, looking ready to wreck havoc in any place they go, there's one single line of Dragon types that I've never gotten that impression of, which, obviously, is the Dratini line. I mean, Pokemon like Axew and I guess Trapinch are also cute enough, but they're both the first in their evolutionary lines, and Axew is, afaik, a baby Pokemon, so no wonder they're made cute. With the Dratini line however, I don't find any of them scary in any way. Dratini couldn't scare a Rattata no matter how hard it tried, and Dragonair is just simply beautiful. It changes quite a bit when we reach Dragonite, however the look in its eyes is just so dopy, I couldn't possibly be intimidated by that thing. In the anime appearances it has shown its ferocious dragon side, though I tend to seperate stuff in the anime and stuff in the games, so I don't really want to include that.

But yeah, I think Dragon types can be cuddly :p

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

While the majority of the dragon Pokemon's designs are of ferocious dragons, looking ready to wreck havoc in any place they go, there's one single line of Dragon types that I've never gotten that impression of, which, obviously, is the Dratini line. I mean, Pokemon like Axew and I guess Trapinch are also cute enough, but they're both the first in their evolutionary lines, and Axew is, afaik, a baby Pokemon, so no wonder they're made cute. With the Dratini line however, I don't find any of them scary in any way. Dratini couldn't scare a Rattata no matter how hard it tried, and Dragonair is just simply beautiful. It changes quite a bit when we reach Dragonite, however the look in its eyes is just so dopy, I couldn't possibly be intimidated by that thing. In the anime appearances it has shown its ferocious dragon side, though I tend to seperate stuff in the anime and stuff in the games, so I don't really want to include that.

But yeah, I think Dragon types can be cuddly :p

Hehe, cuddly, huh? Sometimes I even think Druddigon and the like can be something rather... funny and you just can't help but want to give them a nice hug (Rough Skin notwithstanding).

LucarioElectivireDuo

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Hello everyone! Does anyone mind if I join? My preferred Dragon Pokemon whom I must have on my team are Dragonite, and Flygon.

Dragonite, since the original games, has always been such an honor to have on my team. The final evolution original Dragon Pokemon family. I have always been impressed with this Pokemon. Not to mention the fact that Dragonite is capable of Learning all six Unova HM's. I believe the only other Pokemon capable of that is Mew!

Now, the reason I admire Flygon is perhaps due to the fact that it is doesn't look like much when starting out as a Trapinch. But when you look into it through details. It's really something to raise a Flygon from a Trapinch. With proper care, you can have one strong and powerful Flygon :D

Despite my favorite Pokemon being Non-Dragon Pokemon (as evidence of my username), My favorite Type is the Dragon Type. They are just so rare being that there are only EIGHT Pure Dragon Pokemon (regardless of the fact that some of them lose their Pure status after evolving). And not to mention their power. We can all agree that Dragon Pokemon are a force to be reckoned with.

CourageHound

Years
Answering Topic Question: Do you think tough/scaly dragon Pokémon are still cuddly enough?

Daaaaww!! Luv this Topic~

Well basing this topic on my beloved Druddigon, I'd say yea most definitely! Dragons not only imposing and intelligent, can indefinitely being cuddly, trusting, and kind to its trainer. Even with Druddigon's ruff edges, its whats on the inside that counts the most. And if it loved you enough, it would show it too, as Dragon pokemon tend to be one of the most loyal when a bond is formed.

ChocolateCrunch

Not an old man. x]
Years
-pokes Twiggy to death- May I become a member again in this club? I was a member as Icy Burn but then changed accounts. c; I might change some of my details a bit, but I'm not really decided yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back