The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #3426    
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Gyardosamped's Avatar
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrirDarkWolf View Post
Thanks for your help Gyardo(do you mind if I call you that?). You say it wasn't much, but, it helped me a lot!
It didn't help me sort out my feelings, but, it did make me slightly more confident in myself.
You can call me that if you'd like. :p

I'm glad I could help somewhat. <3

We need to be confident about ourselves on every level before we commit to anything. I hope someone on here can help you out more and give you some worthy advice. :]
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3427    
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Buzz Buzz's Avatar
Buzz Buzz
What's all the Buzz about...
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Belgium
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
I thought about posting here for quite a while. (I honestly think I've been stalking this particular thread for almost a year). I really don't know why I didn't before or why I am now, but I guess it was just me being myself.

I've read a lot of the posts here and came to understand and respect several point of views. I'd like to be able to say that I know I'm gay (actually a lesbian, ... is there a difference? or can a girl say she's gay too? Hmm...), but I can't because I don't.

I've absolutely no problem with being gay, but I'd like to be able to define myself (not for other people, but for me). I'm going to university next year (hopefully) and while I don't think it's a massive hurdle, I'm starting to feel that my 'cluelessness' about my sexuality is taking a lot of my time. Time that should go to trying to decide what to do next year and making some big decisions. I'm not sure why I suddenly 'decided' that this is so important for me to know and why I think that it's limiting me in other things. If I had to guess, I'd say that it's because next year I'm supposed to have and know everything. I'm supposed to know what to do with my life and I can't do that if I still don't fully know who I am.

I just needed someplace to vent and you all seem like such nice people . Either way, I'd like to join (if you'd have me).
__________________
Challenges:
In Progress
SR - Raichu - X
SR - Exploud - Diamond
MC - Yellow - White 2
Persona - Sacred Gold

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald), Blastoise (Blue), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Clefable (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Omastar (Leaf Green), Mew (Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Swampert (Sapphire), Torkoal (Fire Red), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red - Fire Red, Platinum
Legendary Trio - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres - Fire Red
Reply With Quote
  #3428    
Old February 14th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Esper's Avatar
Esper
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Buzz View Post
snip
Yes, we'll have you. We take everyone. That's not to say that we don't have standards, of course, just that we've already concluded you'd be wonderful to have here.

I sort of understand your feelings. (I don't want to say I completely do since I don't know exactly what they are.) I get the feeling you don't want to be worrying about it and you want to be able to say something to someone else and not have to speak whole paragraphs and give them too much information. That ability to just say "I'm gay" (which lesbians are also so it's fine to say) and have people go "ah, okay" and move on to other things. It makes things simple. But if your feelings aren't so simple it's not so easy.

It's also okay not to know exactly who you are and what you're feeling. Everyone's different. I think lots of people will understand that. I hope you won't over-worry about it. Maybe you just need time to figure it out. You can also just, you know, define yourself as "still thinking about it" or however you want to word it.

But to have to know everything before college? I'm graduated from college and I'm far from knowing and having everything. College (or just being out of high school in general) might be your time to find yourself once you aren't held down by everything you've done and said and that's followed you through your elementary, middle, and high school career. There is no rush to define yourself.
__________________

deviantart blog pair
Reply With Quote
  #3429    
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Buzz Buzz's Avatar
Buzz Buzz
What's all the Buzz about...
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Belgium
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Yes, we'll have you. We take everyone. That's not to say that we don't have standards, of course, just that we've already concluded you'd be wonderful to have here.
Thanks for having me and yay for passing the standards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I sort of understand your feelings. (I don't want to say I completely do since I don't know exactly what they are.) I get the feeling you don't want to be worrying about it and you want to be able to say something to someone else and not have to speak whole paragraphs and give them too much information. That ability to just say "I'm gay" (which lesbians are also so it's fine to say) and have people go "ah, okay" and move on to other things. It makes things simple. But if your feelings aren't so simple it's not so easy.

It's also okay not to know exactly who you are and what you're feeling. Everyone's different. I think lots of people will understand that. I hope you won't over-worry about it. Maybe you just need time to figure it out. You can also just, you know, define yourself as "still thinking about it" or however you want to word it.
My feelings change from time to time. Sometimes I do want to be able to say "I'm gay" and be done with that, but other times I feel like 'Why do I even need to say it?' (not because they already know, but because it's none of their business). Lately I also find myself watching what I say (like controlling the urge to shout "Wow, she's hot" during a movie ). Thought I think my sister (and my parents, ... and my brother, ... and my other sister, ... well my entire family) think that I might be a lesbian. My sister hasn't flat out asked, but I think she's waiting 'til I say something. I'm not quite ready to do that yet, but if she'd ask me straight out I think I wouldn't deny there's something going on even if I'm not sure what it is yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
But to have to know everything before college? I'm graduated from college and I'm far from knowing and having everything. College (or just being out of high school in general) might be your time to find yourself once you aren't held down by everything you've done and said and that's followed you through your elementary, middle, and high school career. There is no rush to define yourself.
I know to a certain extent that I don't need to have everything figured out, but it's a feeling. I don't know if I'm able to explain it correctly, but I'll try my best.
Basically my teachers (and friends/family) are saying that we have to think about our future. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, not at all, but the way they go about it is (a little) 'extreme'. I'm certain they're just trying to get me (and my classmates) motivated to really think and not make any hasty decisions, but they get me too motivated. I'm trying to figure everything out to make the best possible decision. I know I'll have to make one regardless, but I'm not quite there yet. I'm actually looking forward to next year, because I'll probably be on my own for the first time and I have thought about the fact that it might be easier to start anew without something holding me down.

Well thanks for the welcome and I'm happy to strengthen the ranks.
__________________
Challenges:
In Progress
SR - Raichu - X
SR - Exploud - Diamond
MC - Yellow - White 2
Persona - Sacred Gold

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald), Blastoise (Blue), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Clefable (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Omastar (Leaf Green), Mew (Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Swampert (Sapphire), Torkoal (Fire Red), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red - Fire Red, Platinum
Legendary Trio - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres - Fire Red
Reply With Quote
  #3430    
Old February 14th, 2013, 03:35 PM
QuilavaKing's Avatar
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oregon
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Incoming random post with no context whatsoever:

At the college I went to in Seattle, there were two GSA-type clubs, religious clubs weren't allowed at all, and they had a very strict no bullying policy. They made it very clear that any bullying whatsoever, even verbal, would get you kicked out of the school really fast, and had several discussions and even classes on the subject.

Where I'm going now, in Redneckville, Oregon, there is a Mormon club, and a Christian club with posters all over, its own page on the school website, and its name right at the top of the club list. There is a GSA but it's not listed on the official list of clubs, even though it's been an officially active club for 7 years. I've never heard anything about it, seen any posters or found anything on the website without a searching google. No mention of bullying or any anti-bullying policy has ever been made.

Not surprising of course, but just some observations about how different the two places are.
__________________
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon



Last edited by QuilavaKing; February 14th, 2013 at 04:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3431    
Old February 14th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Gyardosamped's Avatar
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Buzz View Post
quote
First of all, I wanted to say welcome to you, although I already said it to you through VM. :p

What I’m understanding from your posts is that you’re trying to sort of find “who you are” before what you consider to be more important things start entering into your life, like college, for example. In reality, though, everyone is different when it comes to finally appreciating themselves for who they are. I definitely don’t think you should rush things, especially with trying to find out who you truly are. I’m sort of confused with your posts, though, and don’t necessarily understand what you’re confused about. It seems as if you know you’re gay and are satisfied with that, which is a really good thing confidence-wise. Are you trying to find the courage to come out to your family/friends before college? Someone’s sexuality is a very private matter, and it’s something that should not be hurried. Go at your own pace. Growing up too fast is definitely not a good thing. Also, it seems as if you’ve really been pressured into “thinking about the future”, and although you really need to have plans when it comes to how you’re going to live, where you’re going to go school, etc., there’s no need to make any hasty decisions when it comes to your personal self. I know it feels like a heavy weight is put on your shoulders during the duration that you’re closeted, because I am also closeted and I also really want to find the courage to just “come out” already, but I definitely am not letting anyone or anything pressure me into making any decisions that I could potentially regret in the future until I feel it's time to make those decisions. When I feel it’s the right time, then that’s the time for me, but that’s different for everyone. Just because you’re entering college and possibly a new life without your parents/family for a while, doesn’t mean you have to hurry things.

What you’re feeling is normal, and it’s natural to feel confused, because, well, society has taught us that being anything but heterosexual is “incorrect”, and it really makes those that aren’t heterosexual feel as if we’re making all the wrong decisions. I really want to come out to my family, too. I want that burden lifted off of my shoulders like you do, too. Although I don’t necessarily want to tell the whole world, I want to be able to find the courage to tell people I’m gay without any hesitation, but that braveness hasn’t entered into me yet. If you rush things, it could potentially end bad and you’ll probably be a lot more confused than you were before, trust me. I also believe my family thinks I’m gay, too, and are just waiting for me to come to them to reassure their thoughts. It’s very difficult to hold back in the urges, too. Anywhere I see a male I like, it’s not necessarily easy to hold back in the thoughts, either.

Although this post didn’t really give any advice, I just wanted to make it clear that it’s completely fine to feel the way you’re feeling. Don’t grow up too fast. It’s not worth it in the end. Finding who we truly are takes time and it's part of being a human being. Finding who we want to be takes time. It’s not going to come to you in a day, a month or a year. Hell, it might even take decades, but that’s fine. I know you want to get that weight lifted off your shoulders, but don’t force things until you feel it’s the right time. If you think it’s the right time now, then just come out to your closest relatives and that’s it. The world doesn’t need to find out about your sexuality, and your friends don’t need to know for the moment, either, or ever if you don’t want them to. Yeah, you might be starting a new journey in your life soon, but you’re still young, and there’s still plenty of time to think things out. Don’t let college and new beginnings pressure you!

We’re all here for you. :]

*sorry for super long post omg dear Lord lol*

*hugs*
__________________

Last edited by Gyardosamped; February 14th, 2013 at 04:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3432    
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:01 PM
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Redneckville?
That is, the most country name, of any city, that's not actually in the south.
__________________

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Reply With Quote
  #3433    
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:03 PM
QuilavaKing's Avatar
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oregon
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
It's not actually called that, I was just comically describing what it's like, lol. It's not even that redneck... it's just a little town in the middle of nowhere that consists mostly of conservative Christians.
__________________
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon



Last edited by QuilavaKing; February 14th, 2013 at 04:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3434    
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:15 PM
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
It's not actually called that, I was just comically describing what it's like, lol. It's not even that redneck... it's just a little town in the middle of nowhere that consists mostly of conservative Christians.
Ohhhh....
Sorry, I'm kinda slow to some of these things...
I know how you feel about being in a little town in the middle of nowhere with a lotta Christian folk.
Though, I don't think Texarkana's that small anymore... And it's actually in a very important location in Texas, like, right in the corner where, like, all the trains pass through.
__________________

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Reply With Quote
  #3435    
Old February 14th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Buzz Buzz's Avatar
Buzz Buzz
What's all the Buzz about...
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Belgium
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyardosamped View Post
I’m sort of confused with your posts, though, and don’t necessarily understand what you’re confused about. It seems as if you know you’re gay and are satisfied with that, which is a really good thing confidence-wise.
First of all, thanks for the welcome and the hugs again

Sorry for the confuse-inducing posts. The reason why I seem so confident and confused at the same time is just me. I'm not very good with emotions in general and most of my confusion with my sexuality stems from a 'disability' to understand 'love'. (Not to say that I don't know what love is or don't recognize it, I just think it's a hard concept). I believe I've never been in love and while I don't think that's weird because as you pointed out I'm still young, it's something that made me think. (I also tend to think too much and generally make things more difficult than they are). As I said before I don't know what love is, so how do I know when I'm in love with someone? That's a question that's relatively easy to avoid, because I think a relationship starts with a mutual liking that will/should develop into love. No worrying about that anymore because starting a relationship is the first thing to worry about. (Sorry if I'm not making sense anymore, I'm almost giving myself a headache here).
I'm going to stop myself here, because if I go any further I think I'm going to be writing a book here so let's stick to the basics: love = difficult concept. Basically how can I know I'm gay if I don't know who I love or even who I like? And not knowing how you know that? (I like a few people, more than a few but I have no idea if I like-like them or just like them)

I thought about the terms asexual and aromantic for a while, but I believe they don't fit (here I go, labeling myself again ). No, I didn't mean to label myself, I just thought that they might make it a bit easier for me to explain, but they don't. I'm capable of romantic (and sexual, but I'm not going to mention that) feelings, but believe it or not: for a lot of people. (That makes me sound so ... weird) Well take my friend for example. She's a nice girl, (has a boyfriend) and I enjoy talking to her, hanging out with her (she is my friend, so quite obvious). Would I go on a date with her? Quite possibly, yes. Would I enjoy that date? Probably. Would I go on a second date? Well, why not? Would this situation ever occur? No. (At least, I don't think so) But (and I'm seriously going to be mortified if I'm the only one who thinks like this) replace her with any of my friends (or other people, not everyone) and I wouldn't mind. (And by date I mean drop of on the doorstep and kiss goodnight date cliché)

Man, I'm just going to blame the late hour for my ramblings. I meant to ease the confusion a bit, but I'm afraid I just made it worse. Well, at least you've got some hugs back from me and my sincerest apologies for the headache you might get.

Well, one last thing maybe. I've never met anyone who has the same thoughts about love (or really anything) as I do and I'm not exactly confident about everything I've written here, so excuse me for being so vague in explaining myself (or trying to), but I've never dared to before and I haven't exactly proofread any of this.
__________________
Challenges:
In Progress
SR - Raichu - X
SR - Exploud - Diamond
MC - Yellow - White 2
Persona - Sacred Gold

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald), Blastoise (Blue), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Clefable (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Omastar (Leaf Green), Mew (Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Swampert (Sapphire), Torkoal (Fire Red), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red - Fire Red, Platinum
Legendary Trio - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres - Fire Red
Reply With Quote
  #3436    
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Gyardosamped's Avatar
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
Incoming random post with no context whatsoever:

At the college I went to in Seattle, there were two GSA-type clubs, religious clubs weren't allowed at all, and they had a very strict no bullying policy. They made it very clear that any bullying whatsoever, even verbal, would get you kicked out of the school really fast, and had several discussions and even classes on the subject.

Where I'm going now, in Redneckville, Oregon, there is a Mormon club, and a Christian club with posters all over, its own page on the school website, and its name right at the top of the club list. There is a GSA but it's not listed on the official list of clubs, even though it's been an officially active club for 7 years. I've never heard anything about it, seen any posters or found anything on the website without a searching google. No mention of bullying or any anti-bullying policy has ever been made.

Not surprising of course, but just some observations about how different the two places are.
Redneckville, Oregon :p

That's pretty interesting. I guess how people view sexuality really depends on what region you live in (and how open-minded they are about it), and in this specific case, which State you're in. I attend a state college, but clubs aren't really publicized as much as I had anticipated they would be when I first started at the school. I guess that's partly due to the fact that I go to a college as opposed to a large university. Nonetheless, you do definitely see some club advertisements around the school sometimes. I haven't seen any for the LGBT club, though, but I know there is one at my school because I've been in the SGA office before and they have their own little cubicle and poster-advertisement thingy.

That's a nice observation, though, although that's kind of disheartening to know some clubs are favored over others just because of their mission/purpose. >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Buzz View Post
Post
I’m not good with emotions, either. I’ve never been in a relationship before so it’s hard for me to give you advice on “love”. It is definitely one of those subjects that is very hard to explain or understand. I mean, although I’ve never been in a relationship, I know for a fact that I’m attracted to the same sex because, well, you just know. I hope I’m making some sense here, haha. I know I’m homosexual because I like males, and you like females, so I guess that labels us as gay? I guess what you’re confused about is whether or not you’re romantically attracted to women or are just attracted to them as friends. For me, I’m definitely not attracted to females because I’m just not. There is no physical or romantic attraction there, but I do admire females as friends. It’s not that easy to explain, haha. :\

I do think I’m capable of having a romantic relationship with a male just like you with a female. I don’t know what you mean that you have feelings “for a lot of people”, but I’m guessing you’re saying that you don’t have feelings for just one person at a time (in this case, female), but for multiple people. I could be totally wrong, though. :p

Don’t worry! You’re not rambling! You’re just expressing what you feel and that’s completely fine. We’re all human and it’s natural to feel what you do. We all go through it and one point or another. I tried to understand what you were saying to the utmost possible, haha, but I know it’s difficult for most people to express what they’re feeling. I have trouble with that, too. I haven’t met anyone with the same thoughts about love as me, either. I sometimes question if I ever will, but I have let life make that decision for me. It’s good to think about these things, but don’t over think them because you’re going to end up becoming paranoid. I guess the only advice I can offer you is to let life just pave its course.

I feel like my post has no significance, ahhh! I’m really trying to help but it’s such a difficult situation overall. I hope things get better, really. Like I said before, we’re all here if you need us. We’re all kinda also going through the same thing as you or have been in the same situation before, so don’t think you’re alone at all. We’re all one here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3437    
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Barrels's Avatar
Barrels
The Fresh Prince of Kanto
Community Supporter Tier 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hanging from the edge of a cliff
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
I thought about the terms asexual and aromantic for a while
For a moment I read that as 'aromatic', and I was unreasonably delighted. Because I iz thick.

Right! Hello! Um, so I haven't posted in here (apart from joining) because, well, I'm heterosexual. And therefore have about as much understanding of everyone's problems and feelings as a particularly slow-witted tree. Having said that... I'm going to try to contribute, because something about your post struck a chord with me. So apologies in advance if I screw up...

Quote:
(I also tend to think too much and generally make things more difficult than they are).
Welcome to the club, haha. No, wait, don't leave! We have donuts. Donuts shaped like thoughts. That's how meta we are.

Quote:
As I said before I don't know what love is, so how do I know when I'm in love with someone?
Well... this is completely personal experience, and for all I know you're asexual/aromantic/aromatic, but... maybe it'll help. So...

Quote:
How do I know when I'm in love with someone?
When people talk about falling in love, a lot of the time what they mean is - 'I can't stop thinking about this person.' I've had that. It honestly can keep you awake; you can't get them out of your head, but usually that's down largely to the fact that you don't really want to. And they'll also mean, 'I'm massively attracted to this person; I think they're gorgeous.' That's kinda the physical component there.

But then you've got the romantic stuff - and that, for me, has essentially consisted of either honestly believing the person is a wonderful, fantastic human being or knowing that they're only human like the rest of us but thinking they're special anyway. (The second is obviously a lot healthier than the first...)

Maybe I can use an example. I don't know if you've ever seen reality shows about relationship problems (there's a lot in the UK, which is admittedly no excuse) - where good people, decent people, will sit on a stage in front of an audience and expound at length on all the times their partner has messed them around/forgot their kid's birthday/cheated on them with their sister. And I always used to sit there wondering - 'how? Why? How can you still like that person after they've let you down so much?'

But the thing is...they do. Somehow. And as I get older, and meet more people, and fall harder and more often, I'm beginning to understand why. Maybe I'm beginning to understand love.

...None of which is particularly helpful, is it? I'm sorry. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, in answer to your question:
Quote:
How can I know I'm gay if I don't know who I love or even who I like?
Maybe you don't need to worry about 'love'. Love is a funny old thing, and it's different for different people, and sometimes it hits you like a train and sometimes it takes years to grow. Trying to define love is a massive undertaking that you might not need to do just to figure out who you are. (If knowing what love was was a prerequisite for labelling yourself gay, straight or anything else, we'd all be up the spout.)

So...

It really depends on how you define 'gay' (and 'straight', and 'asexual', come to that). Personally, I'm inclined to go with Gyardosamped:
Quote:
I know I’m homosexual because I like males, and you like females, so I guess that labels us as gay?
In other words, if you're attracted to your own gender - if you can and do imagine kissing/doing-other-non-PC-friendly-activities with them, congratulations! You're gay.

(Oh Lord, that sounds so jumped-up and presumptuous and condescending and gaaahh, doesn't it? I'm so sorry. I have no intention of telling you what you are - like I'd know, anyway. This is just my personal view. It means nothing. It means less than nothing. It's like a great big stew of gaseous nonsense. By all means ignore it. The only reason it's escaped my backspace key is that you wrote, 'I'd like to be able to say that I know I'm gay', and I wanted to help.)

The more I think about it, though... 'gay' is just a name for a difference - something that you don't share with some other people, right? In this case, it's the capacity to feel attracted to girls if you're a girl and guys if you're a guy. Speaking as a boring old straight, we just don't - can't, even. So you and I, we're different in that regard: I've only ever liked the opposite gender, and you haven't. And the name we give to that difference could be 'gay'. (It could alternatively be 'mulpichurichious'. Whatever floats your boat.) And I think you can know you're mulpichurichious without ever falling in love.

Dunno if that's helped any. But before I go...

Quote:
I'm capable of romantic (and sexual, but I'm not going to mention that) feelings, but believe it or not: for a lot of people.
So basically you fancy loads of different people. I have a feeling that's more common that you might think. Just speaking personally... if she's nice, funny and pretty, I probably fancy her. And quite a lot of people fit those attributes - simultaneously. That's fine! There's no rule that says you can Only Like One Person At a Time Or Else. That'd be a daft rule. And one I know for a fact none of my friends - male or female! - could possibly adhere to.

Quote:
(That makes me sound so ... weird)
Nah, it doesn't.

Quote:
But (and I'm seriously going to be mortified if I'm the only one who thinks like this) replace her with any of my friends (or other people, not everyone) and I wouldn't mind.
You're completely not the only one who thinks like that. What you've just described is having a casual interest in more than one person. Which is normal! And fortunate for our species, otherwise we'd all be obsessive crazies. It means if we get rebuffed at a party, no big deal, we can dance with someone else. And enjoy it. Millions of people do that every day.

Also...

Spoiler:
*MASSIVE HUGS*

Stop by my profile sometime, 'kay? You seem like a really interesting person. :D
__________________

Ramona Flowers
Reply With Quote
  #3438    
Old February 17th, 2013, 10:10 AM
QuilavaKing's Avatar
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oregon
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Quote:
As I said before I don't know what love is, so how do I know when I'm in love with someone?
I've only felt love once... or the closest thing to love I've experienced at any rate... but in my case, when I first met the person, they really weren't particularly attractive, we had nothing in common, and had completely different beliefs and personalities... and yet after awhile, he became the hottest guy on the planet, and all of those other traits didn't matter to me at all anymore. It didn't really matter why, I just wanted him no matter what.

That's the best I can do to describe what it's like... in my experience anyway.
__________________
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon



Last edited by QuilavaKing; February 17th, 2013 at 04:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3439    
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Gyardosamped's Avatar
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Love is so difficult to define because, well, we all have our own interpretation of what it is.

I define love as simply enjoying being around someone who brings joy to your life. That's it. Love is the amount of adoration you receive and show to someone you take pleasure in being around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
I've only felt love once... or the closest thing to love I've experienced at any rate... but in my case, when I first met the person, they really weren't particularly attractive, we had nothing in common, and had completely different beliefs and personalities... and yet after awhile, he became the hottest guy on the planet, and all of those other traits didn't matter to me at all anymore. I wanted him, no matter what.

That's the best I can do to describe what it's like... in my experience anyway.
I highly agree with what you think love "feels like" because I've felt the same way before, too. Many times I have felt attracted more towards a person because of their personality rather than their physical qualities. For me, the way they interact with me or others just really attracts me to them and I totally disregard their physical attributes entirely and views on anything, for that matter. Then, like you said, they become the most appealing and fascinating person on the planet. xD

Love is so difficult to define and understand, really. Every person, society, and culture has their own description of what it means to them and how they demonstrate it to others in real time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3440    
Old February 17th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Buzz Buzz's Avatar
Buzz Buzz
What's all the Buzz about...
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Belgium
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
Thanks Barrels for making my day with your post. It's probably the hardest I've laughed today while reading your post. (For a slow-witted tree you're incredibly witty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
Welcome to the club, haha. No, wait, don't leave! We have donuts. Donuts shaped like thoughts. That's how meta we are.
I do hope those donuts come in shapes accordingly to my thoughts, 'cause I think big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
Maybe you don't need to worry about 'love'. Love is a funny old thing, and it's different for different people, and sometimes it hits you like a train and sometimes it takes years to grow. Trying to define love is a massive undertaking that you might not need to do just to figure out who you are. (If knowing what love was was a prerequisite for labelling yourself gay, straight or anything else, we'd all be up the spout.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
I've only felt love once... or the closest thing to love I've experienced at any rate... but in my case, when I first met the person, they really weren't particularly attractive, we had nothing in common, and had completely different beliefs and personalities... and yet after awhile, he became the hottest guy on the planet, and all of those other traits didn't matter to me at all anymore. I wanted him, no matter what.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyardosamped View Post
Love is so difficult to define because, well, we all have our own interpretation of what it is.

I define love as simply enjoying being around someone who brings joy to your life. That's it. Love is the amount of adoration you receive and show to someone you take pleasure in being around.
I've never thought this much about love since I posted here. I guess there's no wrong or right answer and everyone perceives love different (Like you said Gyardosamped). Like I said, I've thought about it a lot the past few days and I guess it has a lot to do with trust (for me). Nobody knows 'everything' about me (and that's understandable, because frankly I don't need to know everything about someone), but I don't really tell anyone much about myself. (God, I'm not making any sense again).

What I'm trying to say here is that you 'always' tell 'someone' (at least, I hope so). Like, if you've watched a movie you talk about it with a friend afterwards. Or you talk about music, or the latest book you've read. It doesn't even have to be with the same person every time, because you probably don't have the exact same interest as your friends. But I don't. Ever. If I see a movie I go like 'Hmm, okay that was good' and leave it at that. While my friends are like 'Hey, did you see that movie' and then I'm like 'nope' (or I just sit and nod at the appropriate times). I just never felt the need to share any of my likes or dislikes. (Well I share my love for pizzas with everyone, but that's just taking care of my basic needs. If you want me to come over you better have pizza). I also just recently 'came out' as a 'gamer' (I'm not a 'hardcore' gamer, but I do enjoy mah gamez) and my friends were like '... really, you play games?' (Well not that surprised, but only one of my friends is also a 'gamer' and I guess the 'others' just don't really know what they're talking about (seriously one of my friends didn't know who Voldemort was and has never even seen a disney movie, just where was she hiding?)

I'm quite easy to embarrass and I don't see myself being with someone I 'know' now. I might end up with someone I 'know' now once I get to know her better and don't feel so embarrassed by my interests (and that will probably take some time). Or I might get to know someone and instantly feel quite at ease. Like you said Barrels, it might happen in an instant or it might take a while (but I'm certain we'll all get there).
__________________
Challenges:
In Progress
SR - Raichu - X
SR - Exploud - Diamond
MC - Yellow - White 2
Persona - Sacred Gold

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald), Blastoise (Blue), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Clefable (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Omastar (Leaf Green), Mew (Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Swampert (Sapphire), Torkoal (Fire Red), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red - Fire Red, Platinum
Legendary Trio - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres - Fire Red
Reply With Quote
  #3441    
Old February 17th, 2013, 01:33 PM
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias's Avatar
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
Alrighty! I have been lurking this thread for some time now, and have finally decided to join on in.
I'm not only joining in as an Ally, but of someone who is in the LGBTQ2P--long name indeed, community.
I am of course a female who is turning 19 in a few days and I am in fact Bisexual. I was the Vice President in my High School's Gay-Straight Alliance, so I know of various issues and conflicts of the latter.

FYI the first quote in my signature is my own philosophy in life and how I choose to live it.
__________________
"The one who seeks the right path!"

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs


Currently on Hiatus until further notice.
Reply With Quote
  #3442    
Old February 17th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Gyardosamped's Avatar
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Hey, T_A!

Welcome to the club! Is there anything we can call you by? Possibly a nickname?

I'm glad you finally decided to join us! :] That's pretty awesome that you are your school's GSA VP! Are there any interesting stories you could maybe possibly share with us? That'd be cool if you could.

Anyways, hope you'll stay active and post around here from time to time. Your input is really valued. & btw, the quote in your signature is so true. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Welcome again and *hugs*
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3443    
Old February 17th, 2013, 03:43 PM
FenrirDarkWolf's Avatar
FenrirDarkWolf
Water Musician Fenrir
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Oh my...
For some reason, I feel really petty, when I compare some of my problems to you guys...
My confusion is seems just so... Small, but, maybe that's just me...
__________________

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296631 -My Art Den
On AAO
On DeviantArt
On FurAffinity
Reply With Quote
  #3444    
Old February 18th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Katholic Nun's Avatar
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Hey guys, stopping in to say hi so you don't all forget me!

Welcome to all the new people, and sorry I haven't been around more. I try my hardest but life sucks sometimes in its ability to pull one away from one's computer, kicking and screaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twihiki_Amias
I am of course a female who is turning 19 in a few days and I am in fact Bisexual. I was the Vice President in my High School's Gay-Straight Alliance, so I know of various issues and conflicts of the latter.
I have to say, I love the idea of a bisexual person being the leader of a gay-straight alliance. Because... well, a bisexual person is kind of like a gay-straight alliance within themselves!

It's after midnight this is the kind of deep thought that comes to me lmao.
__________________

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Reply With Quote
  #3445    
Old February 18th, 2013, 07:47 AM
U_Flame's Avatar
U_Flame
Brony Hacker
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: UnderwaterSapphire in Hoenn 100 years in the future
Age: 18
Gender: Male
I finished playing Mass Effect 3 recently, and I have to say, I love the open sexuality of the game, The gay pilot with a tragic backstory of his husband's death, the lesbian secretary, and the ability to have Shepard date both males or females, regardless of Shepard's gender. I just have to say, I love that about this game.

Are there any other games with such open sexuality?
__________________
Computer obtained! Back to hacking! Yay.

Times I've been ninja'd: 16
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Reply With Quote
  #3446    
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Barrels's Avatar
Barrels
The Fresh Prince of Kanto
Community Supporter Tier 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hanging from the edge of a cliff
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
I define love as simply enjoying being around someone who brings joy to your life. That's it. Love is the amount of adoration you receive and show to someone you take pleasure in being around.
And with approximately thirty words, Gary (Gyary?) answers the question I spent an entire post scratching my head over. Nice one, fella.

Quote:
Many times I have felt attracted more towards a person because of their personality rather than their physical qualities. For me, the way they interact with me or others just really attracts me to them and I totally disregard their physical attributes entirely and views on anything, for that matter. Then, like you said, they become the most appealing and fascinating person on the planet. xD
I was just going to moan about how shallow y'all were making me feel... until I realised that the last girl I fell for, I fell for so hard and so quickly because she was distilled fun to be around. That was it. I mean, she was pretty, but that wasn't why I liked her. Wow. I fink I just had an epiphany. A really nice one. I'm not as shallow as I thought I was.

Quote:
Thanks Barrels for making my day with your post. It's probably the hardest I've laughed today while reading your post.
Haha, fantastic! I aim to please. And making people laugh is one of the Most Awesomest Things Ever, second only to bacon and knitting.

Quote:
I've thought about it a lot the past few days and I guess it has a lot to do with trust (for me).
It's Amateur Psychology Night at the PokéCommunity Forums! No, but seriously, this is so interesting. This is your own unique experience of love. Please excuse my fascinated prodding.

'Kay, so, if I've understood correctly, to fall for someone, you have to really know them. More than that - they have to really know you. And, because you're naturally quite reserved - you've 'never felt the need to share any of [your] likes or dislikes' and you're 'quite easy to embarrass' - you've so far managed to avoid tripping headfirst into any romantic puddles. Heh, I kind of wish I was more like you... if I'd gotten to know some of my crushes really well *before* falling for them, I could've worked out how incompatible we actually were. Ah, well. You live and learn, or some other empty cliché that provides NO COMFORT and leaves me SOBBING OVER MY LAPTOP. *bzzzzt*

(Though I have to ask - what interests could you have that would be so embarrassing? Gaming = awesome, Pokémon = awesome, pizza = awesome, Voldemort = if not stereotypically awesome, really ***ing hot, especially as played by Joe Walker. I can't see why anyone would react with much other than 'OMG YOU LIKE PS3/POTTER/PIZZA/POKÉMON/THE LETTER P, APPARENTLY? ME TOO! SQUEEEEE!', and that could be the start of something beautiful. )

Also...

Spoiler:
Big enough for ya?


Quote:
Hey guys, stopping in to say hi so you don't all forget me!
Who the hell are you and JUST WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THIS THREAD
__________________

Ramona Flowers
Reply With Quote
  #3447    
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Phantom's Avatar
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it...
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
I finished playing Mass Effect 3 recently, and I have to say, I love the open sexuality of the game, The gay pilot with a tragic backstory of his husband's death, the lesbian secretary, and the ability to have Shepard date both males or females, regardless of Shepard's gender. I just have to say, I love that about this game.

Are there any other games with such open sexuality?
Dragon Age series, specifically Dragon Age 2.

Dragon Age: Origins has two bi characters (Zevran and Leliana), and all of the companions in 2 save for one are bi.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3448    
Old February 19th, 2013, 04:57 AM
voltianqueen's Avatar
voltianqueen
WITH SEAWATER
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TN
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Hahaha I confessed to a crush to someone today... She was just joking with me at first but I felt kinda bold at that moment so I ended up going along with the joke...except I was being serious :o
this was followed by many OMMGGGGs on her part.

Unfortunately, she is dating someone (as I mentioned...some time ago), and even if she wasn't, I'm in a strange place right now as far as romance and relationships go, so it'd be bad of me to go out with her right now. I'd rather try and deal with my current romantic situation before dating anyone else, otherwise it'd probably be an emotional disaster.

But I did do it!
__________________
CHARMELEON! WAR-TOR-TLE
Reply With Quote
  #3449    
Old February 19th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Gyardosamped's Avatar
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
And with approximately thirty words, Gary (Gyary?) answers the question I spent an entire post scratching my head over. Nice one, fella.

'Kay, so, if I've understood correctly, to fall for someone, you have to really know them. More than that - they have to really know you. And, because you're naturally quite reserved - you've 'never felt the need to share any of [your] likes or dislikes' and you're 'quite easy to embarrass' - you've so far managed to avoid tripping headfirst into any romantic puddles. Heh, I kind of wish I was more like you... if I'd gotten to know some of my crushes really well *before* falling for them, I could've worked out how incompatible we actually were. Ah, well. You live and learn, or some other empty cliché that provides NO COMFORT and leaves me SOBBING OVER MY LAPTOP. *bzzzzt*

(Though I have to ask - what interests could you have that would be so embarrassing? Gaming = awesome, Pokémon = awesome, pizza = awesome, Voldemort = if not stereotypically awesome, really ***ing hot, especially as played by Joe Walker. I can't see why anyone would react with much other than 'OMG YOU LIKE PS3/POTTER/PIZZA/POKÉMON/THE LETTER P, APPARENTLY? ME TOO! SQUEEEEE!', and that could be the start of something beautiful. )
Hahaha, it's Gyarados (I made this account in 2005 when I was like 10 and spelled 'Gyarados' wrong (>.> lol). You can call me Ant, though. :]

I'm kinda the same way as Miss Buzz. I'm very introverted and find it difficult to try and relate to others and visa versa. I'm not a hermit or anything, but I'd just rather keep to myself to save from possible embarrassment. I'd rather have others tell me what they like first, and if we like the same thing or things, then I'll start opening up. I know the feeling, Buzzy. :[ Luckily, we both don't like any type of weird things, haha.

& yes, I agree that everything BB likes is seriously awesome! I'd really be interested in someone who liked all of those things. :p That would definitely be the start of something beautiful, lmao. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
I finished playing Mass Effect 3 recently, and I have to say, I love the open sexuality of the game, The gay pilot with a tragic backstory of his husband's death, the lesbian secretary, and the ability to have Shepard date both males or females, regardless of Shepard's gender. I just have to say, I love that about this game.

Are there any other games with such open sexuality?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX0990 View Post
Dragon Age series, specifically Dragon Age 2.

Dragon Age: Origins has two bi characters (Zevran and Leliana), and all of the companions in 2 save for one are bi.
That's an interesting find, U_F & Phantom. After reading both your posts, something sparked in me to search for other games with LGBT characters, and my Google search led to this Wiki page. It's interesting to see that there are actually quite a large number of games with non-heterosexual characters or actions implemented within them.

Here are some popular ones that caught my eye:

Quote:
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 for the NES. Birdo is referred to as a male who believes he is female and would rather be called "Birdetta." The character was the first transgender for Nintendo.
  • The Final Fantasy games seem to have a large number of LGBT characters and features.
  • Fable's 2008 sequel, Fable II retains its ability for players to choose their player character's sexuality. The game also includes more lesbian, gay, and bisexual NPC townspeople to court and marry.
  • Abu'l Nuquod, one of the assassination targets in the historically-based game released in 2007, Assassin's Creed, is strongly implied to be gay. He believes the people hate him because he is "different", is shown caressing the cheek of one of his male guards during his angry tirade, and claims that he cannot serve the cause of a god who calls him an abomination.
  • In the 2009 game Dragon Age: Origins. the player may choose a male or female character from the start of the game. The main character has an opportunity to have sexual encounters with one party member of the same sex.
  • In the 2012 adventure game, My Ex-Boyfriend the Space Tyrant, the majority of characters, including Tycho Minogue, the main character controlled by the player, are gay. (Although not necessarily popular, the game is apparently entirely gay-themed).
There are so many listed, and it's quite refreshing to see. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Hey guys, stopping in to say hi so you don't all forget me!

Welcome to all the new people, and sorry I haven't been around more. I try my hardest but life sucks sometimes in its ability to pull one away from one's computer, kicking and screaming
Come back soon! We all miss juuuuu. x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltianqueen View Post
Hahaha I confessed to a crush to someone today... She was just joking with me at first but I felt kinda bold at that moment so I ended up going along with the joke...except I was being serious :o
this was followed by many OMMGGGGs on her part.

Unfortunately, she is dating someone (as I mentioned...some time ago), and even if she wasn't, I'm in a strange place right now as far as romance and relationships go, so it'd be bad of me to go out with her right now. I'd rather try and deal with my current romantic situation before dating anyone else, otherwise it'd probably be an emotional disaster.

But I did do it!
Ahhh, congrats! :3 At least you got your feelings out. It sucks she was joking, but nevertheless, you said she was in a relationship so she probably wasn't thinking about being with another person for the moment (although maybe in the future she will be available, haha :p).

What's your current romantic situation if you don't mind sharing? *hugs*
__________________

Last edited by Gyardosamped; February 19th, 2013 at 09:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3450    
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:59 AM
voltianqueen's Avatar
voltianqueen
WITH SEAWATER
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TN
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
We say stuff like that to each other frequently (come to my bed!, let's get married!, etc), just messing around but we've only known each other for a really short time. Still, she didn't seem to object to the idea of being with me, except for the fact we both have other people XD

My current situation... Well, it's a long story, but the short version is that we are not officially together, because he feels a bit confused about stuff and what I think he's getting at is he wants to explore a bit more about himself and sort out his feelings. Still in love, but I think from now on we're just gonna kinda go with whatever happens. We could end up together in the end, but...who knows! It's kind of hard... I'm a together-forever kind of person, so I don't really like this at all.
__________________
CHARMELEON! WAR-TOR-TLE
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.