Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Reload this Page [Help] Anyone know about installing Ubuntu on Windows 8?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old February 14th, 2013 (12:12 PM).
I review anime and stuff!

Nature: Lonely
Ok, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to install Ubuntu whilst keeping my current OS of Windows 8?
I think I can use Wubi, but I'm not sure. If anyone knows then please let me know

3DS FC: 4854-6421-4741
Be sure to add me and let me know so I can add you back!
Old February 14th, 2013 (12:52 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
First of all, if you're using windows 8, you might as well just uninstall it and stick with Linux. ;)

Here's a video walkthrough of how to do it:

And if you need more info, google has your back:
https://www.google.com/search?q=install+dual+boot+ubuntu+windows+8
Old February 14th, 2013 (01:42 PM).
Dayum, son. Where'd you find this?
Community Supporter

I feel that the easiest way to do so is by burning it onto a CD (make sure it's bootable though), restart your computer, and undergo the install process. You'll be given the option to install Ubuntu alongside Windows and will get to choose how much space Ubuntu gets.
Old February 14th, 2013 (10:46 PM).
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Just burn the install to a CD, restart, and press enter/click next a bunch of times. The default setup is to install it side-by-side with Windows, meaning you can boot into it at startup.

Wubi lets you boot into it from within Windows if you prefer that instead.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H. L. Mencken, unsourced

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links