Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What typing should the "???" undecided Evolution line be?
pure Dark 4 18.18%
Water / Dark 2 9.09%
Water / Ground 4 18.18%
Electric / Dark 7 31.82%
Electric / Ghost 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 23rd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Jayster23
A Promise To Return

Advertise here
I was just wondering if you were also going to edit the overworld player sprite at all?
Too give it a bit of a foreign feel with the fakemon
FC: 4441-9989-0344
FS: Tangela | Swadloon | Quilladin
IGN: Jayden
Old January 24th, 2013, 05:21 PM
HeroesAndCons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayster23 View Post
I was just wondering if you were also going to edit the overworld player sprite at all?
Too give it a bit of a foreign feel with the fakemon
That is a possibility, but that wouldnt be done for a while to be honest. We're just concentrating on the Pokemon and trainers at the moment.
Try the Base Stat Total Limit Challenge!
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Southueki
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroesAndCons View Post
That is a possibility, but that wouldnt be done for a while to be honest. We're just concentrating on the Pokemon and trainers at the moment.
I like the way this is developing. I think some fakemon could use a little work, some polishing. Especially the starters, since they are so important

But mostly they look great

Looking forward to this
«There is no life without love. None worth having, anyway.»
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:26 PM
BCTElite
Novice Hacker

Nature: Lax
I love fakemon hacks!
I would make one but i cant do spriting, but you seem to be really good at it!
Ma DA - http://bctelite.deviantart.com/
- My Hack
Old January 31st, 2013, 11:42 PM
HeroesAndCons

New Update!

A few pokemon have been added to the Dex, but the main reason for this update is that I have now revealed the typings of all of the Pokemon! Enjoy!
Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:11 AM
Jayster23
A Promise To Return

I'm liking the fire/ice typing. Just wondering how well that will work.

Also i'm guessing the legenday trio are fighting/ types?
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:47 AM
HeroesAndCons

Indeed they are, but none of them are the same typings as the fighting legendary musketeers so they are quite unique

As for Fire/Ice, well thanks, I've done this hack with a mind towards showcasing the potential for many as-of-yet unused typings. Not all Pokemon have competitively-minded stats, obviously, but the majority of pokemon are useful or effective in their own way Obviously, certain pokemon such as the legendaries, pseudo-legendary, Gyarados' replacement, and the starters have great all-round stat with their best stats being fantastic, but even the lower-stat Pokemon like the early flying types have moves and stat distributions that allow them to be useful for the majority of the game (like Fearow was useful despite being low stats overall, etc).
Old February 4th, 2013, 05:41 AM
HeroesAndCons

Deleted due to genericness and pointlessness.

Last edited by HeroesAndCons; February 10th, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:11 AM
HeroesAndCons

Okay, I've added a poll which I would like as many people to vote on as possible. There are a few typings I would like to add into the game but only one evolutionary line left to replace, and you guys can decide what typing from the listed options you would prefer to see in game! Note that it will be able to be captured very early on.

EDIT: A new feature has been added! I am implementing new moves into the game (using the A-Tack tool). If someone has an idea for a move they want to see in the hack, drop a comment here and tell me and if I can put it in, I will!
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Dradier234

Nature: Careful
I just found this, its awesome. I love your fakemons.
http://poke-fans.forumotion.com/
Join Here
Old February 14th, 2013, 03:36 PM
HeroesAndCons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradier234 View Post
I just found this, its awesome. I love your fakemons.
Haha, well thank you! We're working hard so I feel that we can have a beta out, with all sprites inserted into the game, some time in May - though if you're lucky it may actually come sooner! It all depends on how quickly we can get back sprites done, which are surprisingly difficult to get right because of the odd perspective. Once all the front sprites are done, I'd estimate we can have a beta out about 6 weeks later. The most time-consuming part of all of this, is that for every major change I make I have to play-test through a good portion of the game to make sure I haven't made anything unintentionally weak or broken, such as a particular Pokemon, basic trainer or Gym Leader; i'm currently playing through it for the third time, which isn't easy when a lot of original sprites such as Grime and Pikachu are still in it!

And as a side note, I have taken the liberty of changing a few crappy TMs such as Roar, Secret Power and Attract into actually useful moves. The list of new TMs can be seen on the OP, and i've made sure that the list of Pokemon that can learn these moves is suitable for them. Enjoy!
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:33 AM
HeroesAndCons

Only 6 days left to vote for the pokemon type you want! If you like, you can PM me suggestions for the names of the winning typing too, though I'd probably have to change my designs a little.
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Mr155555

Nature: Adamant
dark/electric should be good
Feraligatr and Krookodile Best Pokemon Ever
my pokemon omega ruby team
swampert-ludicolo-altaria-hariyama-torkoal-froslass
Old February 25th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Ivee
Ask me about Trailblazer :3

Nature: Naive
With the boasts of high quality sprites, I wasn't expecting so many edits of original sprites :/. There's also some style inconsistency, for example, Duragon looks like it's from a completely different game. Mysticrash looks odd, its shading style looks like it's an enlarged sprite. Velocivex is a hugely blatant fusion of Persian and Entei.

Really, I know making over a hundred sprites it hard (I have made over 60 fakemon sprites, most of them having backsprites and shiny forms), but put more effort into each of them! It will be time consuming and may take over a year (in my case, 3 years), but it will be so worth it! I want to see more fakemon in hacks.

Last edited by Ivee; February 25th, 2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old February 26th, 2013, 01:44 AM
BlackSoul95
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivee View Post
With the boasts of high quality sprites, I wasn't expecting so many edits of original sprites :/. There's also some style inconsistency, for example, Duragon looks like it's from a completely different game. Mysticrash looks odd, its shading style looks like it's an enlarged sprite. Velocivex is a hugely blatant fusion of Persian and Entei.

Really, I know making over a hundred sprites it hard (I have made over 60 fakemon sprites, most of them having backsprites and shiny forms), but put more effort into each of them! It will be time consuming and may take over a year (in my case, 3 years), but it will be so worth it! I want to see more fakemon in hacks.
I understand what your saying, especially with velocivex but there are only 3 of them which are original pokemon as base sprites (excluding Velocivex). with "inconsistent" styling the whole point for certain pokemon is for them to look different, there is back story behind each pokemon in the dex explaining why they are what they are and with duragon, I spent a couple of weeks getting it right and its one of the 3 that has an orginal pokemon as a base sprite. by saying it looks like it looks like its from a different game doesnt really make sense being that this is a fakemon hack. Also unfortunately there is a limit to the amount of colours per sprite and so because of the gem and the wings and horns there were more than the alotted amount so i had to change a few things to make it be accepted by the program.
on another note you said you have made may sprites, have you put them in a hack? would love to see them and play through with those sprites

You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

You are a plague and we are the cure.
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Ivee
Ask me about Trailblazer :3

Nature: Naive
I have put them in a hack but I don't want to release anything until I have 150 done... and by then gen 7 would have come out, lol. I'm well aware of the color limitations. With the criticism on Duragon, I mean its shading is way more detailed so it sticks out compared to the others. Compare it to the ones on either side of it.

So that I look less like a jerk (really, I don't critique things often), I will say that my favorite looking sprites are Tritonic and Amphidrain. They look original and cute, nicely made in general. And I still give kudos for doing a pure fakemon hack.
Old February 27th, 2013, 05:12 PM
megasaturn999

Nature: Adamant
You're obsidiore sprite is just smogon's CAP sprite for stratagem with some parts erased. I understand that sometimes you're going to use pokemon sprites as a base and maybe use parts of that in the sprite but Obsidiore looks way to much like stratagem. Otherwise I'm looking forward to playing this game when it's released.
Old February 28th, 2013, 11:16 PM
BlackSoul95
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by megasaturn999 View Post
You're obsidiore sprite is just smogon's CAP sprite for stratagem with some parts erased. I understand that sometimes you're going to use pokemon sprites as a base and maybe use parts of that in the sprite but Obsidiore looks way to much like stratagem. Otherwise I'm looking forward to playing this game when it's released.
yeah i know what you mean, originally i started this sprite without knowing the existence of stratagem but when i couldnt get the mask right i showed it to heroesandcons and he showed me stratagem, i think i ended using the lower part of the face. also i had to do the rock formation type without it looking to much like a prevo of boldollum

You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

You are a plague and we are the cure.
Old March 8th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Gravyty 0
Pokemon physicist

What is this that you have called Hydraptor , is a bird.
The power of the black holes
Old March 25th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Gravyty 0
Pokemon physicist

You could add antimatter attacks, such as fire or explosive antimatter wave
The power of the black holes
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Jayster23
A Promise To Return

Been a while since i've look on here, it's progressing nicely indeed.
The Fakemon are still looking consistent with a few niggles here and there but they look really good. Keep it up!
Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:14 AM
HeroesAndCons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravyty 0 View Post
You could add antimatter attacks, such as fire or explosive antimatter wave
I can add new attacks but I'm not a talented hacker, I can't add a new "Antimatter" typing. Dark kind of IS antimatter anyway though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayster23
Been a while since i've look on here, it's progressing nicely indeed.
The Fakemon are still looking consistent with a few niggles here and there but they look really good. Keep it up!
Thanks man, I'm taking a hiatus from spriting for a little while but I'll be finishing this hack by the end of Summer (before I go to University). You can also PM me if you have any ideas for the design of a not-yet-sprited pokemon (based on their names and typings) from the table, or if you have any ideas for a replacement for Velocivex's placeholding sprite.
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Unhatched Egg

Do you know when a beta will be out?
Old June 3rd, 2013, 08:30 AM
HeroesAndCons

To all those complaining about Velicivex... complain no more! It's been removed and replaced to something totally new, not a splice of existing pokemon now New name and typing too.

@11111111 Afraid not, most likely in August, that's the plan at least, but nothing's for sure.
Old June 4th, 2013, 03:31 PM
egiannis
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
HeroesAndCons awesome hack!I love fakemons!!I miss games like Pokemon Quartz and others with fakemons
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here