The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old February 14th, 2013, 06:02 PM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
So here's my problem. Right now my family's computer (the only computer we have) is in need of new speakers. The speakers we have uses a 2.5mm adapter plug that goes into our headphone jack. The problem with our current speakers is that no sound comes out when we plug them in. The plug is messed up and we have to constantly adjust the wires to get the sound to work. It's at the point where no matter how much we adjust the wires, the sound won't work. The only time we can managed to get sound, it's this soft buzzing noise that's hard to hard unless the volume's high. So we're thinking the best solution is to just buy new speakers. These speakers are over 15 years old and we've had them since our first computer so it's about time.

So this got me thinking. What kind of computer speakers do you have? Do you like them? Is there any brand or model of speakers you recommend ? My dad was looking for something cheap but produce good sound.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I have a nice Logitech 2.1 system on my desktop. A good sub woofer and two desktop speakers. It isn't necessary but I got a good deal on it. You can get a nice pair of Logitechs for a good 2.0 system for relatively cheap these days. You can also use a USB port instead of the 2.5mm jack. Up to you. Both work well.
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Bounce
Blue eyes :3

Nature: Docile
If you have $100 to throw down on computer speakers, check out the Creative Inspire S2.

If you're looking for something cheaper, just buy a cheap pair of Sony speakers.
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:29 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Lol I got studio monitor speakers and they are amazing. But VERY pricy. The ones I got are $150 a piece and they are KRK Rokit 5's. But I'm in the process of making a studio so that explains why I have them. As Bounce recommended, if you got cash to throw down then I'd suggest them too. They got good sound quality.
Old February 21st, 2013, 05:59 PM
naskdn
Unhatched Egg

I use headphones 90% of the time. but I currently have the Logitech Z623. They are pretty good for my needs. The Corsair 2.1 have good reviews but I got the Logitechs since they were on sale in my local store
Old February 25th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
My asus laptop has a hardware problem where.. now the speakers think there's something perpetually plugged in. :/ Poopy, I know. I either have steelseries headphones on, or I have this.. I think it's logitech speaker/subwoofer set I just plug it into
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links