The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Research & Development

Notices

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old March 19th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Alex_32571
HG/SS Scripter

Nature: Adamant
Can someone explain how setting, removing and checking flags works?
I want to make a script where a Murkrow is a wild encounter, then after he is beaten he disappears.
Without flags he will just repeat the battle over and over.
Old July 10th, 2011, 02:08 PM
moohoomoo1
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_32571 View Post
Can someone explain how setting, removing and checking flags works?
I want to make a script where a Murkrow is a wild encounter, then after he is beaten he disappears.
Without flags he will just repeat the battle over and over.
Well try out flags like 900, 901, 902 and so on but they dont go much higher then that.
I have done this so it works!
http://www.awesomenessgamez.weebly.com

Please Check them out!!
Old July 25th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Moonstruck Muse
Beginning Trainer

I'm sorry to bother people here, but I was wondering if there is a tutorial or program out there to edit the battle sprites in HG/SS? I've seen people do it but haven't been able to track down anything of that sort, so I was curious if one existed. Sorry if this has been covered all ready and I missed it in this topic. Thank you very much!
Old August 12th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Jean LaFlame
French chic ♪

@Moonstruck Muse, well I think you can't. As far as I know there isn't any program that allows you to do that. I can be outdated [?] but that's all I know. I'm sure you can do it using an HEX Editor. How? I have no idea. I currently now what must you do, but not how. Sorry

Hi!
Well, I don't really know how to research HG/SS. I'm currently using PPRE and I found lots of scripts that I don't understand. Most of them are new Functions, like CheckPokemonLeague (I think it wasn't seen before, when I say 'before' I mean GBC/GBA hacking) or other ones.
I know how to hack GBA (not really well but some things) and RPG Maker. So I hope you can help me. Thank you very much.
Old August 12th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Team Fail

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck Muse View Post
I'm sorry to bother people here, but I was wondering if there is a tutorial or program out there to edit the battle sprites in HG/SS? I've seen people do it but haven't been able to track down anything of that sort, so I was curious if one existed. Sorry if this has been covered all ready and I missed it in this topic. Thank you very much!
You can, but I'm currently unsure as to how yet.

Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆

Old August 12th, 2011, 05:03 PM
DavidJCobb
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER

Nature: Lonely
EDIT: Oops, forgot what thread I was in. This isn't the GBA questions thread! Sorry.
Old August 29th, 2011, 01:39 PM
jvpski3
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Relaxed
.narc, file. Yet as well no tools for HG/SS.

Found some tools though:
so far the best program to edit pokemon games (that i know of) is ppre which can be found here:
http://projectpokemon.org/ppre/download

and to edit text you need thenewpoketext:
http://pokeguide.filb.de/

but if your just trying to mod your save use this:
http://projectpokemon.org/pokesav/downloadpokesav

And try PokeGEN NOW!!!! IT IS SO COOL!

Last edited by jvpski3; August 29th, 2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 10th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Ciax
Ledian Used Starlight!

Nature: Sassy
Alright so been checking around the internt for awhile adn cant seem to find anything. Is there some sort of tool to change the starters of HG/SS, i have done it before on B/W and D/P with a program off the internet but I cant find anyhting for HG/SS, please help all I want to do is instead of getting cyndaquil I get houndour
Old November 8th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Nature: Naughty
Is it possible to change the shiny value from 1/8192 to like 100/8192? This is really important!
Old February 5th, 2012, 11:58 AM
darkdarkrai
No. 1 World at war fanboy

Nature: Jolly
Sprite editing HG/SS uses Pokemon DS Pic Platinum - There is no Pokemon DS pic HG/SS For all those on pokemon communities wolrldwide.

I support

Old March 30th, 2012, 06:20 PM
TTYO
Old Timer

Has anyone got a solution editing the Wild Encounters in HGSS?
Old April 11th, 2012, 04:27 PM
ascension7
Creator of UnovaHGSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck Muse View Post
Use PokeDSPicPlatinum. Do keep in mind that you'll need a program that will be able to change your new image to 8bpp (256 color palette with only the first 16 colors used in my experience, first color always transparency).
Link: www.mediafire.com/?kagm2147iaepyv3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTYO View Post
Has anyone got a solution editing the Wild Encounters in HGSS?
PPRE worked for me. Just make sure to know that, if the scripts in a map are unchanged, PPRE will corrupt them for some reason. Just type some gibberish in a random script in the map (example: ioushfiuhsljfialjds) and it won't corrupt the scripts. I had the problem of my game freezing every time I edited something, then I realized it was just the scripts, so I'm assuming it's an error in the program. Gibberish is a great fix though

Last edited by ascension7; April 14th, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:35 AM
TTYO
Old Timer

Ok thanks...

But I just wish to know about What scripts are we talking about in PPRE. I apologize as I am new to PPRE a little. Where am I supposed to add the gibberish?
Attached Images
File Type: png script.png‎ (20.3 KB, 67 views)
Old April 14th, 2012, 06:44 PM
ascension7
Creator of UnovaHGSS

Quote:
Ok thanks...

But I just wish to know about What scripts are we talking about in PPRE. I apologize as I am new to PPRE a little. Where am I supposed to add the gibberish?
Here, in Scripts-Scripts, I just typed some random stuff, and when I go to edit the wild Pokemon, it won't produce any errors for me. It should work for you too!
Attached Images
File Type: png scripts.png‎ (42.3 KB, 61 views)
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:56 PM
TTYO
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascension7 View Post
Here, in Scripts-Scripts, I just typed some random stuff, and when I go to edit the wild Pokemon, it won't produce any errors for me. It should work for you too!
Sorry guys no matter what I do, I get the same error....
Old April 26th, 2012, 06:01 PM
ascension7
Creator of UnovaHGSS

Quote:
Sorry guys no matter what I do, I get the same error....
Hm, that's odd. I'll make a video of what I do to edit the Pokemon, I might have missed a step... I'll post here/edit this post in a few days with the video.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has ever done any research as to how editing a Pokemon's sprite position in battle would be possible. In DPP, it's quite easily achieved by editing the files called poke_yofs, poke_shadow, and poke_shadow_ofx (and others I may not be aware of). However, like many NARCs in HGSS's filesystem, when edited at 1/3/2, 1/3/5, and 1/3/7 respectively, they do nothing to change the actual game. In fact, I removed the files, and the game was still completely stable as far as I could tell. This tells me that the information originally in the previously mentioned NARCs is somewhere else; I assume it's probably encrypted in ARM9 somewhere (based on my past luck!) I searched the decompressed ARM9 (albeit quite noobishly, I don't quite know how to search with a Hex editor in an efficient manner, if one even exists), so, is there anything I can do to lead me in the right direction? Any ideas anybody? :o

Here's a video on changing the wild Pokemon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bihs20Xql1I

Last edited by ascension7; April 29th, 2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old May 4th, 2012, 03:46 PM
PPAN
Beginning Trainer

Hi guys :D, I'm trying to add new trainer to battle in HGSS using PPRE. I have been digging the forum to answer 2 questions below, but I found nothing, so I hope someone can help me answer:

1. Does anyone know how to which trainer does the each of the Trainer classes called x01E x01F stand for (in HGSS)? There are many of them in the list!

2. Does anyone know how to add a new trainer to the list found in the Trainer editor tab in PPRE?

Thanks, guys!
Old May 23rd, 2012, 04:52 AM
Arif123
Beginning Trainer

So? any hack? Or any ETA? if it's done, will someone post a link?
Also, found a hack of HG/SS called Perfect Gold/Silver:
Just search for it on Google
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Cathar
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I hope it's still okay to post in this thread, yes?

I'm planning to do a hack of either HG or SS using PPRE. I was just wondering how much experience others have had with using this tool with these games?

I know of some issues:

You can't fill up the level-up moves because it will make Pokémon learn unwanted moves all the time -> Easy to fix

Editing Wild Pokémon makes the game crash because of the scripts -> this is adressed a few posts above

Most HG/SS roms seem to stop working after some time because of anti-piracy (or something) -> no idea if my rom is affected or not, so any help here would be appreciated. I do have SS for real, is there some way to get it off the DS cartridge on my PC?

I'd appreciate any additional input on this, or just links to forum threads about this and other common issues with PPRE and HG/SS.

Thanks for your time in advance,

Cheers,
Peter

Last edited by Cathar; June 14th, 2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old June 27th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.

Nature: Relaxed
It looks like this thread has pretty much died but hopefully someone will give me an answer.
I've been away from hacking for quite a while and now I thought I would go back to it.
What's the latest on Pokemon DS hacking?
Is it completely possible yet? Like Map editing, Script editing, everything.
I'm mainly interested in Diamond/Pearl.

Old July 30th, 2012, 03:42 AM
diamondmutt1111
A wild summer appeared!

Nature: Lax
excuse me but can anybody tell me how to edit evolutions? like show me a how to. thank you in advance

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi
#swablunest/Youtube/Blogger
Old August 4th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Tan and Teal
DS ROM Hacker

Nature: Careful
I think this thread has died a little bit, but i changed the warps around a little, swapping the hero's house with Pallet town (The hero was supposed to come out in front of red's house, but I came out of Blue's instead ). I don't think anyone has found this out yet, but I encountered a wild pokemon, and instead of the Kanto wild theme it gave me Johto's. The same thing with the trainer theme. So I'm guessing it was a Pokemon League thing, like after the champion is beaten the game unlocks the Kanto themes?
It'll be one of the coolest and most unique DS Pokemon Games ever.
It'll be awesome.
Old December 13th, 2012, 08:32 AM
metalflygon08
BIG PECKS

Since DS map hacking is now a thing, scripting is gonna have to be known too, and I havn't seen any compiled list of Script and movement commands, so I made some using trial and error

Spoiler:
SCRIPT FUNCTIONS
Lockall-Locks NPCs and starts script.
Faceplayer-Makes NPC face you.
Message #-Assign a text number, it will bring up that line of dialouge.
WaitButton-Waits until you press A or B
CloseMsgOnKeyPress-Closes the message upon pressing A or B (goes with waitbutton)
TrainerBattle # 0 1-Assign a trainer's number to have the battle against that trainer
Releaseall-(must be there with lockall) allows other NPCs to move again.
End-ends script, must have too
Applymovement # mov_#-applies movement to the OW the # is assigned to, and applies the movement set assigned to the mov_#
Waitmovment-waits til movement is finished before continueing the script.
Removepeople #-removes the NPC assigned to it
Receive MEgg-recieve the Togepi Egg
GiveEgg 175 11-Cynthia's egg script from platinum
Setflag 106-?Gives Pokemon option?
Setflag 283-Gives Bag Option
Setflag 284-Gives Trainer Option
Setflag 285-Gives Save option
Serflag 286-Gives Option option
Setflag 156-Gives PokeGear
ActPkgrFunction 1-Loads Town Map into Pokegear
GiveRShoes-Gives Running Shoes
PlayMusic 1067-Plays Oak's theme
ActPokedex-Activates the Pokedex
Setflag 107-Gives Pokedex Option

MOVEMENT COMMANDS

Exclaim

SeeUp
SeeRight
SeeDown
SeeLeft

WalkUpFast/Normal/Slow
WalkRightFast/Normal/Slow
WalkDownFast/Normal/Slow
WalkLeftFast/Normal/Slow

RunUp
RunRight
RunDown
RunLeft

JumpFacingUp
JumpFacingRight
JumpFacingDown
JumpFacingLeft
Jumps one/two
JumpUpOne/Two
JumpRightOne/Two
JumpDownOne/Two
JumpLeftOne/Two
PauseWalkUpFast/Normal/Slow
PauseWalkRightFast/Normal/Slow
PauseWalkDownFast/Normal/Slow
PauseWalkLeftFast/Normal/Slow

TEXT
\n break, \r new text

Current Fakemon Creation
Old December 16th, 2012, 11:25 PM
emilin_rose
Togepi

Send a message via Yahoo to emilin_rose
If there is a kind and loving god among you, please please tell me how to modify the starters.
Old February 15th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Usagi777
Unhatched Egg

hello. does anyone know how i can play soul silver as barry? ive seen videos of it before and there was a download circulating a while back but it wasnt as sufficient as it was in the videos. in the videos the in battle/pokeball throwing sprite was barry but the hack i had just used ethans sprites for those moments. but either way now i can find anything on this. could someone please direct me to where i can get this hack? i really want to play as barry!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links