Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here

This is an outdated image simply used for cosmetic purposes.

Intro:
Pokémon Ancient Emerald is a group attempt between Me, Nintendork15, and Konjiki no Yami in making a successful GBC demake of Pokemon Emerald Version, as you may have no doubt guessed. The Demake will feature the 100% accurate Emerald Storyline, plus as many features as we can recreate, probably all of them, and various post game content added on..

Storyline:
We all know the emerald story, but here goes:
You and your Mother have moved to the Hoenn region after you Father gets a job as Petalburg City's new Gym Leader. He was told of this job by his buddy; Professor Birch, who is your neighbor, and happens to have a child the same age as you, after meeting the child, you meet the Professor in a awkward manner of being attacking by a Zigzagoon, naturally you use his Pokemon to help save the day, he gives it to you and you go off on a journey.

Features:
  • GSC Graphics
  • All emerald exclusive features
  • Post Game Content
  • Battle Frontier
  • All 386 Pokémon obtainable
  • Day/Night Tileset Swap
  • Much more...

Screenshots:

Music
I'm currently remixing the entire soundtrack using 'gbFont' a Gameboy Styled Soundfont, I've done 12 songs so far, but I won't upload the entire soundtrack. You've gotta play the game once it's released to hear em all.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzv80mw4ys1p5or
By Downloading the songs you're also agreeing not to use them in any of your products or showcase them anywhere without mine or Pia's permission.

Team:
Varion - Mapping, Tiling, Music, Eventing
Pia Carrot - Project Leader, Spriter, Mapper, Coder, Eventing
Aisaka - Mapping, Eventing, Scripting
Catman - Graphic Ripping
Chris - Coding
CrimsonFlag - Spriting/Graphic Ripping

Downloads:
None

Banners:
GIFs
Spoiler:

PNGs
Spoiler:

Credits:
KitsuneKouta - Secret Bases
BlackNekos - Spriting
Rocka210 - Banners
Melash - Sprite reference and inspiration
Previous - Original Truck Rip
Disgerdas - Viridian City Pallettes for Custom Houses
Gamenerd Advance - Colour Pallettes for Inside the Truck Tiles.
Lockerz102 - Ruby/Brendan Overworld
M.L - Tiles
Jaagup - Undersea Tiles
Poccil/Flameguru/Maruno - Pokemon Essentials Version 11
Gamefreak - Pokemon Metal Generation
Lights - CSS

Last edited by Pia Carrot; May 13th, 2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:06 PM
MrElephant
Pokemon Researcher

Nature: Serious
Wow this games seems cool. I am going to start playing this as soon as it come out. (I thought it had a download originally but it didn't)
Trying to find time to mod

Lets see I like modding

Dragon Warrior, Lego Racers, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Mario Racing, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Banjo.
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:21 PM
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Nature: Relaxed
You don't see a lot of fangames with GSC-graphics nowadays. It's nice to see.
Love what you've done so far. You've really taken the RSE-graphics and turned them into the Gen II-style nicely.

Look forward to seeing more from this!
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Pia Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrElephant View Post
Wow this games seems cool. I am going to start playing this as soon as it come out. (I thought it had a download originally but it didn't)
Thank you. Yeah, we won't have a download for some time, as we are still making rough-drafts of the maps, and have yet to be "proof-read" by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tImE View Post
You don't see a lot of fangames with GSC-graphics nowadays. It's nice to see.
Love what you've done so far. You've really taken the RSE-graphics and turned them into the Gen II-style nicely.

Look forward to seeing more from this!
I appreciate the comment. I agree there are too few GSC fangames, and there are reasons for it. Essentials is becoming more and more geared towards newer generations, and there are few resources for making such a game. Not to mention it's a matter of preference in graphics, honestly. However, the members of VPS Productions are all Metal Gen fanboys, so we intend to see this to the end. We are all fairly experienced with Essentials and pixel art, so we are confident in our ability to finish this. Not to mention I learned the basics from our very own Cilerba way back in the day.

Last edited by Pia Carrot; February 8th, 2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:43 PM
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Arms View Post
I appreciate the comment. I agree there are too few GSC fangames, and there are reasons for it. Essentials is becoming more and more geared towards newer generations, and there are few resources for making such a game. Not to mention it's a matter of preference in graphics, honestly. However, the members of VPS Productions are all Metal Gen fanboys, so we intend to see this to the end. We are all fairly experienced with Essentials and pixel art, so we are confident in our ability to finish this. Not to mention I learned the basics from our very own Cilerba way back in the day.
Haha, Max is quite the teacher.
My first Pokémon game was actually Firered, due to the fact that I didn't have any video-games as a kid. Despite that, I've always loved the metal-generations graphics.
If you ever need any help with spriting, send me a message, I'd be glad to help out.

Good luck with the game!
Old February 8th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Is there going to be secret bases?
also this game seems really interesting and inventive, I'd like to see how its progresses, it could be a really awesome turn-out, Good luck!

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old February 9th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Pia Carrot

Secret bases are planned to be implemented, and I'm hoping I can contact a friend of mine to give me a broken base for the system he made ages ago (mostly because I am lazy and I don't see a point in coding minigames right now).

Old February 9th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
o, you've brought it here too.
Sorry, I still have no internet, but atm I've been eventing Littleroot town - Route 103.

I'll update soon.
gone.
Old February 9th, 2013, 04:18 PM
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt

Coolest idea in a while, the GSC version of Brendan, the starters, and Prof. Birch are really well done.

Good luck to you guys, biggest fan right here =P
Old February 9th, 2013, 04:41 PM
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

I really do like the idea, something I've not often seen. The sprites look very well done, I love how Rayquazza looks in GSC style. All the sprites seem very well done, there's nothing that I can really say is wrong here, keep up the good work.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Old February 11th, 2013, 03:05 AM
I-Like-Shiny-Pichu
Eevee

Location: Somewhere that might be near you, but most likely isn't.
Nature: Lonely
Wow, when Evil Arms said we had gained a little fanbase here too I didn't believe him entirely, but here we are and people actually LIKE this. Thank you everyone for your support! I'm the resident "I'll work on that later" guy

So far I've mapped Slateport and that's it, but I'm working on some useful stuff for the rest of the team, and I'll be working on Mauville and other past the first beta maps once I'm done. We are working pretty hard on this, though a few of us are experiencing some IRL difficulties at the moment, so updates on what we are working on may be slow at the moment. The support is very much appreciated though, and we look forward to having something ready for you guys to play with!

Shiny

Yandere and proud!

HCF

Co-Admin of HCF & TCC
Old February 11th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ben.
Did you ask this guys permission before you remade his hack in RMXP?
Original Hack

Old February 11th, 2013, 09:09 AM
I-Like-Shiny-Pichu
Eevee

We aren't remaking his hack. If I remember correctly the name clash did come up when we were coming up with a name but went ahead with it because we liked the name. We have no affliliation with the creator of that hack, and any similarities unless stated otherwise are purely coincidental (we aren't here to rip off anyone, though that does happen all to often so I can understand your concern)

Yandere and proud!

HCF

Co-Admin of HCF & TCC
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Like-Shiny-Pichu View Post
We aren't remaking his hack. If I remember correctly the name clash did come up when we were coming up with a name but went ahead with it because we liked the name. We have no affliliation with the creator of that hack, and any similarities unless stated otherwise are purely coincidental (we aren't here to rip off anyone, though that does happen all to often so I can understand your concern)
I think the fact that you're doing exactly the same thing as him and using the same name may qualify for ripping him off.

You also are using the exact same hair as his profession birch.

Last edited by Ben.; February 11th, 2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:43 AM
I-Like-Shiny-Pichu
Eevee

*shrugs* if he has an issue with us using the name we'll change it. As for the concept...it's demaking a game, people come up with that stuff all the time, as with remaking. I don't think I've seen any people complaining to the creators of Shiny Gold or Liquid Crystal etc that their ideas aren't original though. I hadn't even seen that hack before I clicked that link, so I don't really know how I could be ripping him off. I can't speak for any of my fellow team members however, I have no idea if they knew of the existence of that hack (I just remembered that the name that clashed with a hack was one we decided not to use). Hopefully that clears up any issues, though I highly doubt it will.

Yandere and proud!

HCF

Co-Admin of HCF & TCC
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Like-Shiny-Pichu View Post
*shrugs* if he has an issue with us using the name we'll change it. As for the concept...it's demaking a game, people come up with that stuff all the time, as with remaking. I don't think I've seen any people complaining to the creators of Shiny Gold or Liquid Crystal etc that their ideas aren't original though. I hadn't even seen that hack before I clicked that link, so I don't really know how I could be ripping him off. I can't speak for any of my fellow team members however, I have no idea if they knew of the existence of that hack (I just remembered that the name that clashed with a hack was one we decided not to use). Hopefully that clears up any issues, though I highly doubt it will.
I'm not aiming this at you directly but at the team, you wouldn't like it if I made a game with the same name, sprites and concept as your game? As in, totally the same. Damn, the mods wouldn't even allow it.

Old February 11th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Pia Carrot

I have cited Melash as my inspiration for this game several times on DeviantArt. However, we have no affiliation with the hack and it has been long discontinued.

I also forgot to mention I have indeed emailed him.

Last edited by Pia Carrot; February 11th, 2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

No one owns the idea of demaking a game. The hack's thread was locked over 3 years ago, so I doubt there would be much confusion over which is which. Aside from the very similar Professor heads, I see no evidence of theft.

I'll give this the benefit of the doubt for now, and I'll keep an eye on it. If anyone wants to talk about the accusation or my decision, please do so in a PM.
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
A major difference is that one is a hack, this one has to be made entirely from scratch; the hack already has existing scripts and things.
However, this is really a problem between the lead creators and developers; not for us to discuss here.

One thing I wanted to say was why does Birch look so angry in the intro?

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old February 11th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Pia Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
A major difference is that one is a hack, this one has to be made entirely from scratch; the hack already has existing scripts and things.
However, this is really a problem between the lead creators and developers; not for us to discuss here.

One thing I wanted to say was why does Birch look so angry in the intro?
The matter is being taken to PM at this point. Regarding his "anger", it's more aimed to be serious, similar to Oak's intro sprite from G/S/C, which is the sprite I used as a base for Birch.

Old February 11th, 2013, 11:04 AM
I-Like-Shiny-Pichu
Eevee

I only just noticed he looks angry, that's pretty funny :') I think Evil Arms was going for serious but I quite agree it does look kinda angry

Yandere and proud!

HCF

Co-Admin of HCF & TCC
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

I love this idea a lot, hehe! I am for sure going to play it. Can't wait for it!
Old February 11th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Pia Carrot

We now have support banners by the amazing Rocka210:

Banners:
GIFs
Spoiler:

PNGs
Spoiler:

Old February 13th, 2013, 04:11 PM
aegisrox

it looks great, i will play it when you release! congratulations for your hard work!
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

I still have nothing to show for you guys.
I won't have internet till roughly round the 26th and I'm lacking resources to map or event, because I've forgotten what people say in events and how the maps are formed, I have the worst memory.

But when I do get internet, I promise I'll have a torrent of screens to throw into your faces. :I
gone.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here