The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 8th, 2013, 06:54 PM
EvilTotodile
We're Evil

Nature: Lonely
Username: EvilTotodile
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Fun to use in battles, but i mostly like them cuz their cool design
Your partners: (Up to two) Umbreon
What Types rule: Dark
Answer the current topic:

Current Topic

advantage: strong to psychic, a commonly used type in the battles
weakness: weak to fighting, another commonly used type in battles
Old February 10th, 2013, 03:08 AM
awolfsquared
This time I might just disappear.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTotodile View Post
Username: EvilTotodile
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Fun to use in battles, but i mostly like them cuz their cool design
Your partners: (Up to two) Umbreon
What Types rule: Dark
Answer the current topic:

Current Topic

advantage: strong to psychic, a commonly used type in the battles
weakness: weak to fighting, another commonly used type in battles
Welcome to the club EvilTotodile.

AAAAAh this club has been so inactive so sorry guys.

I'm gonna have to add a bunch of people to the list. ._.

Um new topic is in order.

What would you consider to be the most overrated Dark-type?

Sorry didn't mean to not post in such a long time. I want this place to be as active as possible. X_X

awolfsquared "And I'm feeling like a ghost. And it's what I hate the most."
My Blog| EGC | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old February 10th, 2013, 04:08 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared

AAAAAh this club has been so inactive so sorry guys.

I'm gonna have to add a bunch of people to the list. ._.

Um new topic is in order.
T-T naw its my fault....

Well, least I can do is answer the topic...

Answering Topic: Which is the most overated Dark Type?

I would say that the dark/ghost types were the most overrated with their introduction with their no weakness. But their stats say otherwise. I cant say top OU pokes like Tyranitar and and Hydreigon are overated cuz their reputation is true to form. On that I say would be overrated is Zoroark. Its true its a very good offensive poke that can get into your opponents head and a forced to be reckoned with. However, its overhype with the introdution of its movie(refer to lucario) and its fragility combined with somewhat limited options against special walls can say a little bit about how Zoroark is slightly overated imo.
Old February 12th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Username: Cosmotone8
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark type Pokemon are probably the coolest types in Pokemon. Almost all the dark types look fierce and ready to fight, which is pretty awesome. :)
Your partners: Weavile and Bisharp
What Types rule: Dark-Types rule
Answer the current topic: Zoroark is kinda overrated I guess. Not really all that great a Pokemon, just has a cool ability and starred in a movie. :/
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old February 14th, 2013, 04:00 PM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
Username: Cosmotone8
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark type Pokemon are probably the coolest types in Pokemon. Almost all the dark types look fierce and ready to fight, which is pretty awesome.
Your partners: Weavile and Bisharp
What Types rule: Dark-Types rule
Answer the current topic: Zoroark is kinda overrated I guess. Not really all that great a Pokemon, just has a cool ability and starred in a movie. :/
Welcome to the club bud!

I think I agree with you about Zoroark being somewhat overrated mainly cause it's movie overhypes it. While his Illusion ability is neat, and it's a good offensively, but it's not very special to me. Though still a cool looking Pokemon.

Old February 15th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
The most over-rated Dark type? Hmm... I think that title should go to dearest Hydreigon! He's seen as this huge legendary beast of a Pokémon rivalling anything that's thrown at him, but is he really that good? Obviously the answer's yes since he's the pseudo-legendary of Gen V, HOWEVER I don't think he's even close to competing with the other pseudo-legendary Pokémon that are supposed to be in the same league as him. One kick to the face with a Fighting move and Hydreigon is down for the count, is that what you want from such a beast? Granted he does have incredible offensive power and the diversity of his move pool is exceptional, but Hydreigon's low speed and average defences leave him open to a lot of grief from the right Pokémon, which in OU can be almost anything! Without his Dark typing I think he'd be absolutely unstoppable and definitely Uber, but those couple extra weaknesses without much extra coverage are holding him back.
Old February 15th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Overrated doesn't always mean overused or used far too often, it could also mean very common for a trainer to use or talk about. Zoroark might have this achievment due to it's early reveal to the public.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old February 15th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Umbr30n
Laggity Laggity Flash Crash!

Hydreigon? I dunno.

Possibly Zoroark too, maybe because it's rarity, and possibly because of it being quite powerful.

Old February 17th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Which is the most overrated Dark Type?

I have no idea if I answered this or not, but I would say it to be Hydreigon, as it evolves at the highest level, it has a unique type combination and it's the most recent Pseudo-Legendary, you know, the things that make Pokemon stand out.

White 2:
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:23 PM
CourageHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
The most over-rated Dark type? Hmm... I think that title should go to dearest Hydreigon! He's seen as this huge legendary beast of a Pokémon rivalling anything that's thrown at him, but is he really that good? Obviously the answer's yes since he's the pseudo-legendary of Gen V, HOWEVER I don't think he's even close to competing with the other pseudo-legendary Pokémon that are supposed to be in the same league as him. One kick to the face with a Fighting move and Hydreigon is down for the count, is that what you want from such a beast? Granted he does have incredible offensive power and the diversity of his move pool is exceptional, but Hydreigon's low speed and average defences leave him open to a lot of grief from the right Pokémon, which in OU can be almost anything! Without his Dark typing I think he'd be absolutely unstoppable and definitely Uber, but those couple extra weaknesses without much extra coverage are holding him back.
I do agree that its Dark Typing can prove daunting for Hydreigon. However, nothing about hydreigon is below average with not a single stat below 90. While 98 speed is troubling in the case of more of the faster OU threats, its enough to outspeed more than half of OU(of which hydreigon can 1HKO) and its defenses are good enough for it to take one super effective ice beam at full hp and strike back.

All in all I think hydreigon is slightly overted, just not for some of the things you mentioned.
Old February 18th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Galoria
Moo~ ♪

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Galoria Send a message via Skype™ to Galoria
Username: Galoria
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They're pretty badass and unique. Even they're really rare and hard to get for some of them. They're aslo very well designed as Darkrai. And aslo good against Psy, so they're pretty interesting.
Your partners:
What Types rule: Normal. Kidding, Dark type rules, duuuh.

Current Topic

My thoughts are gone on Hydreigon. Because of its unique type and one pseudo legendary Pokemon who is too powerful. I remember when I battled Ghestis and his Hydreigon's movepool was too amazing for me like Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Crunch etc.... I had no chance to be honest. I think this one would be Uber like Blaziken if it was only a Dragon type. Its weaker zone is on its own speed. Even with its great movepools and diversity, it can be beaten easily with a good fight team. But you have to predict it. Like to switch on Gengar or Jellicent something d:
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Which is the most overrated Dark Type?

I'd have to say Hydreigon. None of its stats are below base 90, and while 98 base Speed is just short of the key 100 most OU threats have, it's still enough to allow it to outrun a few things. It also has a pretty good movepool, learning at least one attack of every type except Grass. In Black/White getting Dark Pulse on it was a bit tricky, but the Move Tutors in B2/W2 made it much easier to get Dark Pulse, which when combined with Dragon Pulse hit hard due to STAB. It can also learn Focus Blast and some Fire attacks to get around Steel's resistance to both its STAB moves. It's defenses aren't too shabby either, given that high BST for pseudo-legendaries plus Levitate protects it from Ground so it gets two neat immunities too.

Not to mention how badass it looks, and how OP Ghetsis' Hydreigon was in Black and White.
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:25 PM
clydez13
Unhatched Egg

Which is the most overrated dark type pokemon?

For me, it'd be absol. Very high attack and speed makes it kill enemies at first turn. It could also learn elemental attacks (say tm blizzard, fire blast, thunder).

Quote:
So... Who gets the stick? Miku, or Farfetch'd?
Old February 20th, 2013, 12:27 AM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galoria View Post
Username: Galoria
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They're pretty badass and unique. Even they're really rare and hard to get for some of them. They're aslo very well designed as Darkrai. And aslo good against Psy, so they're pretty interesting.
Your partners:
What Types rule: Normal. Kidding, Dark type rules, duuuh.

Current Topic

My thoughts are gone on Hydreigon. Because of its unique type and one pseudo legendary Pokemon who is too powerful. I remember when I battled Ghestis and his Hydreigon's movepool was too amazing for me like Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Crunch etc.... I had no chance to be honest. I think this one would be Uber like Blaziken if it was only a Dragon type. Its weaker zone is on its own speed. Even with its great movepools and diversity, it can be beaten easily with a good fight team. But you have to predict it. Like to switch on Gengar or Jellicent something d:
Welcome to the club Galoria!

I guess I have to disagree with lot of people since I really like Hydreigon. Though I agree it is slightly overrated and overpowered. The one Ghetsis says was powerful and way . Though I guess I had better experience batting him than others cause I remember it being only somewhat challenging for me but my Scrafty basically took it out. Though it's still none of it's stats are below 90 so it's pretty overpowered. Still really like it and think it's one of my favorite Dragon-types and one of my favorite Gen V Pokemon.

Last edited by awolfsquared; February 20th, 2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old February 20th, 2013, 06:43 PM
CourageHound

Umm....ok i'm not entirely sure if we are alll on the same page on what overrtaed is....idk could just be me
Old February 21st, 2013, 01:20 AM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Me neither though what people say is overrated is rather subjective. How about a new topic then?

What is your favorite shiny form out of the Dark-types? (Feel free to list more than one or have a top 5/10/ etc. like thing.)Least favorite? (if you have one/any.)

Here's the Dark-types in shiny-form if you want to know what they look like
Spoiler:

The last topic was getting a bit confusing/out of hand I guess. So discuss!

Old February 21st, 2013, 03:29 AM
Google2.0
Alone through the night

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbr30n View Post
Hydreigon? I dunno.

Possibly Zoroark too, maybe because it's rarity, and possibly because of it being quite powerful.
And for his unique ability.
Yes, i´ll go with Zoroark aswell.
Old February 21st, 2013, 03:50 AM
CourageHound

Answering Current Topic:

All the dark type shines look very exotic. Hmm...my favorite would be shiny mightyena. Second favorite would go to Nuzleaf for the cool orange mask. Least favorite would be Weavile. Idk the pink lemonade look just doesnt fit Weavile for me.

Last edited by CourageHound; February 21st, 2013 at 04:07 AM.
Old February 21st, 2013, 04:12 AM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Answering the topic:

My fave Shiny Dark-type without a doubt is Zorua, I love that nice blend of the brown-black with the blue, it may look clashy but I think those colors go so well together! I was also pretty fond of Spiritomb and Mandibuzz's Shiny colors too.

Least fave would have to be Sneasel/Weavile, that pink and yellow is just a horrible look for it.
Old February 21st, 2013, 04:37 AM
Google2.0
Alone through the night

My favorite shiny dark type pokemon is Spiritomb, looks kinda weird and funny, but that´s what i like about it.
Second favorite would be Umbreon, because Umbreon is so cute.
Old February 21st, 2013, 07:34 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
What do you think of dark type pokemon-

The thing about dark types is that all of the pokemon look like they should be of that type. Not like some pokemon from other types that look like they belong to another type. Other than that almost all of the dark types look cool and are good for battling.

Your partners -

Tyranitar, Honchkrow.

Current Topic
●What is your favorite shiny form out of the Dark-types? (Feel free to list more than one or have a top 5/10/ etc. like thing.)Least favorite? (if you have one/any.)

My favourite shiny has got to be Umbreon. Those blue stripes perfectly complement the black colour. Same goes for Zorua who is second. My least favourite shiny dark type is a tie between Honchkrow,Weavile andMurkrow. That pink suits them horribly as they are all supposed to be bossy pokemon.

What types rule –
Dark types rule.

Last edited by Chocolate™; February 21st, 2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 06:41 AM
A3R0D4C7YL
Dark Type Master

Name-A3R0D4C7YL
What Do You Think of Dark Types-Yes. Just. Yes. I think they're as strong as they are fast
Partners-Weavile and Honchkrow
What Type Rules-Heheheh...you're so funny. Dark. Types.

My Youtube: http://youtube.com/superstition456
So yea...subscribe or something!

Aerodactyl! Weavile! ATTACK!!!

Old February 22nd, 2013, 01:03 PM
CourageHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanea View Post
What do you think of dark type pokemon-

The thing about dark types is that all of the pokemon look like they should be of that type. Not like some pokemon from other types that look like they belong to another type. Other than that almost all of the dark types look cool and are good for battling.

Your partners -

Tyranitar, Honchkrow.

Current Topic
●What is your favorite shiny form out of the Dark-types? (Feel free to list more than one or have a top 5/10/ etc. like thing.)Least favorite? (if you have one/any.)

My favourite shiny has got to be Umbreon. Those blue stripes perfectly complement the black colour. Same goes for Zorua who is second. My least favourite shiny dark type is a tie between Honchkrow,Weavile andMurkrow. That pink suits them horribly as they are all supposed to be bossy pokemon.

What types rule –
Dark types rule.
Welcome to the club! I see we have some of the same thoughts on least favorite shinies. Imo it just doesnt that feirce or commanding appearence they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3R0D4C7YL View Post
Name-A3R0D4C7YL
What Do You Think of Dark Types-Yes. Just. Yes. I think they're as strong as they are fast
Partners-Weavile and Honchkrow
What Type Rules-Heheheh...you're so funny. Dark. Types.
Nice set of partners! Mind if I asked why ya picked them? And answering the topic would cool as well :)
Old February 22nd, 2013, 03:24 PM
A3R0D4C7YL
Dark Type Master

Nice set of partners! Mind if I asked why ya picked them? And answering the topic would cool as well [/QUOTE]

I picked Weavile cause he/she is my favorite pokemon And I picked Honchkrow because it looks cool and it's a Flying type...my 3rd favorite type...Poison being 2nd

And the topic right now is best shiny i believe.
I'd say Zoroark's because it just looks more gothic and evil to me. If i were to have a Zoroark,i'd have a guy.But if it was shiny,i'd take a girl. i just looks like one if shiny

My Youtube: http://youtube.com/superstition456
So yea...subscribe or something!

Aerodactyl! Weavile! ATTACK!!!

Old February 23rd, 2013, 07:30 AM
Google2.0
Alone through the night

Haven´t used photoshop quite some time so the outcome looks bad, anyways i was bored and had some time so i made a banner. :p Oh well...

Sponsored Links