The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 15th, 2013, 01:36 AM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
I suppose it's a possibility, I just don't see why a Normal type like Eevee who can evolve into seven different types, would evolve into the same type? If you ask me I'd try to use almost every type for a diverse choice.

Old February 15th, 2013, 01:40 AM
afromann21
Unhatched Egg

Anyone else think sylveon is a flying type? I think that would be most likely because if you look at this chart images.vg247 .com/ current / / 2013/ 02/ Eevee _ Evoli _ Graphic _ EN - 545x600 . jpg (Remove the spaces) You can see each eeveelution across from an eeveelution who's STABs they are weak to. Vaporeon across from leafoen, fglaceon across from flareon, espeon across from jolteon. That leaves us with three choices: Water, ground, and flying. We already have a water type (Vaporeon) and she doesn't seem like a ground type. So what do you guys think?
Old February 15th, 2013, 02:45 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
It would help if we knew what its name was derived from. This one is a lot less obvious than the others.
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
It would help if we knew what its name was derived from. This one is a lot less obvious than the others.
What if this Eeveelution is there for another purpose - reuse/introduction of a type?
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
It's based on a sylph, is it not? I know we can't be certain but it's seeming really likely based on the information so far and that'd definitely pin it as a Flying type!
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:57 AM
vaporeon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
It's based on a sylph, is it not? I know we can't be certain but it's seeming really likely based on the information so far and that'd definitely pin it as a Flying type!
In that case, then yeah, it probably is a flying type.

Or it was made at the Silph Co.
Old February 15th, 2013, 05:51 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
[YOUTUBE]pse_I1klRhA[YOUTUBE]

Ninfia (or Sylveon) in battle and it looks like it's using a mixture of moves which include Trump Card and Swift. Also notice how Hariyama, Gligar and Krookodile are in the scene too, I wonder if they will contribute to the Pokedex?
Damn, I thought that ribbon butterfly thing would look natural in game footage.
I love how they prove wrong I am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Its either this, or bug type.
By mentioning Sylph, it make more sense being Flying-type though (as it already bring strange familiarity with Skyla certain Gym Leader)

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old February 15th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Saw this somehwere..

Thoughts ?
Old February 15th, 2013, 06:42 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
Saw this somehwere..

Thoughts ?
That's kinda far-fetched theory but still good nonetheless
If it true, the type would be Flying or GF could do a curve and give us Ground type instead.

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old February 15th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Vapie
Togepi

I definitely think it's flying, and if not then some new type. Having Eevee evolve into another normal type defeats the purpose, Eevee evolves based on it's surroundings supposedly.
Old February 15th, 2013, 07:01 AM
BUKKØW

Nature: Brave
So i was checking my emails and came across this via pokemon.jp

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/xy/pokemon02/

This makes me wonder what typing it will get. What do you all think.

Current Shinys: NONE
FRIEND SAFARI:
Old February 15th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
I really don't think that it'll "defeat" any purpose at all. Eevee itself is a normal type sure, but what's to prevent it from evolving naturally into a stronger Normal type? I'm still pretty sure that Sylveon is flying, but hypothetically, if it was Normal, then there really wouldn't be anything wrong with it technically, though I question about its competitive capabilities, since I feel that Flying would suit it more than Normal, unless it has Adaptability.
Old February 15th, 2013, 07:59 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

I thought that Eevee being so adaptable to its surrounding enviroment don't prevent it to evolve into further Normal type. Just imagine it live in urban or prairie habitat. It still pretty much possible (and I'd love to) for Eevee evolve even further without changing it type and attributes.

But well, Sylveon is far from "further evolved Normal" Eevee anyway, so I guess the best bet is either Flying.

Old February 15th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
It's most likely going to be Flying type (or maybe Normal) from what we can currently know and see, but Game Freak do have a strong reputation of surprising us, so they could well spring a new type upon us. Although I don't think it's likely I'm still keeping an open mind about it right now, idk what they're going to do next tbh..

Old February 15th, 2013, 10:04 AM
vaporeon7

AlexOzzyCake made an interesting point:
Quote:
I was having quite an in-depth conversation about this last night with a friend and we came up with the following assumptions:
Based on large amounts of evidence so far, Sylveon is based on the creatures known as Sylphs.
Sylphs are known as creatures of air, making Sylveon a Flying type.
Sylphs are historically only female, meaning that Sylveon is likely to be a female-only evolution of Eevee.
This implies that there must be a male counter-part to avoid having to introduce two new types of evolution!
As the new types introduced are usually opposites of each other, what could be better as an opposite to Flying than a Ground type?
A bulky wall-like male Ground type eeveelution would rival the speedy (sylphs are very fast!) and nimble Flying type Sylveon perfectly.
THEREFORE OHAI GROUNDEON.
Thoughts? :D
That sounds reasonable to me.
Old February 15th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I think if we were going to have two new Eeveelutions this generation though, they might have revealed them both at the same time. However, the thought of a female and male exclusive evolution for Eevee is a plausible idea and something I would like to maybe see happen one day.
Old February 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
Quote:
AlexOzzyCake made an interesting point:

That sounds reasonable to me.
Perhaps the other eeveelution's name is based on the term Orcs which are goblin like creatures that tend to be male and are bulky. I'm guessing it'll be Rock though considering one the eons is suppose to be stronger than the other Jolteon beats Vaporeon while V beats Flareon, Umbreon beats Espeon, Glaceon beats Leafeon.

Edit: though it could also be a fighting type as it's weak against Flying.

Last edited by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire; February 15th, 2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old February 15th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

If Sylveon is a female-only evolution and Game Freak invented a male specific one, this would be a stretch, but as a pair, what if they would be partly based on aeons as well? Aeons in mythology (or was it theology? Eh.) are spiritual entities that exist in pairs; one male and one female. Latios and Latias were the first to be based on aeons, so maybe if they wanted to make another aeon pair, gender-specified Eeveelutions would be a good ploy.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 15th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
If Sylveon is a female-only evolution and Game Freak invented a male specific one, this would be a stretch, but as a pair, what if they would be partly based on aeons as well? Aeons in mythology (or was it theology? Eh.) are spiritual entities that exist in pairs; one male and one female. Latios and Latias were the first to be based on aeons, so maybe if they wanted to make another aeon pair, gender-specified Eeveelutions would be a good ploy.
That can work after all the eevelutions use the word Eon (in english at least) at the end of their names much like the Lati's classification.
Old February 15th, 2013, 11:27 AM
vaporeon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I think if we were going to have two new Eeveelutions this generation though, they might have revealed them both at the same time. However, the thought of a female and male exclusive evolution for Eevee is a plausible idea and something I would like to maybe see happen one day.
Not necessarily. Volbeat was in a Pikachu Short way before Illumise was ever introduced.
Old February 15th, 2013, 12:19 PM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Found this theory.I hope it is true.What do you think?

White 2:4814-8483-7594

3DS:4871 4138 8216
Old February 15th, 2013, 12:31 PM
François
Earth! Wind! Fire! Water!

Nature: Serious
Anything would be preferable to Normal/Flying.

Old February 15th, 2013, 01:02 PM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
Anything would be preferable to Normal/Flying.
I prefere flying type solo.

Off topic:From witch movie is your sig?

White 2:4814-8483-7594

3DS:4871 4138 8216
Old February 15th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Not necessarily. Volbeat was in a Pikachu Short way before Illumise was ever introduced.
Volbeat and Illumise aren't part of the same evolutionary line, nor was Volbeat the center of the short, unlike Sylveon. They still would have shown two Eevee Evolutions in the Coro Coro and only stated that one would be shown in the movie keeping both methods of evolution secret as well as their types.
Old February 15th, 2013, 02:27 PM
White Mage
ノクティス

Nature: Timid
When I first saw Sylveon, it immediately reminded me of Skyla, which of course made me think that it would be a Flying type. Plus, it weighs the lightest out of all the Eeveelutions.
Without any further knowledge, I can probably say that this is my new favorite Eeveelution. It has my vote for favorite color scheme of the and I'm super excited to learn more about it.

Formerly Keyblade/Ðelta
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links