The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 14th, 2013, 10:53 PM
PlayTradeCollect
Unhatched Egg

I chose Snivy in B2 because my first white playthrough I chose Tepig and my 2nd playthrough I chose Oshawot, But I was thinking about ditching Serperier. Im just not into it but I might let her get her place in the hall of fame and then ditch her
Old February 15th, 2013, 11:10 AM
KungFuPurp
Unhatched Egg

i haven't ditched my starter (Pignite)fully but i've been using an all around team effort more than i have in any other Pokemon game, Black 2 is such a good competitive game with a good pokedex you have to use somewhat of a team effort. I'm searching for my 4th badge as of now. I've decided to take my pokemon on a grinding journey to level them all up (Boldore,Pignite,Gurrdurr,Sigilyph,Trubbish)
Old February 15th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Yoshistar64
Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!

Nature: Relaxed
I didn't, but I feel like I should've for Black 2.

I picked Snivy just cause. However, early in the game, there's no dearth of grass Pokemon, all of which are in my opinion more interesting to raise than Snivy. I really feel like building my team around Snivy hurt it as a whole, because my Serperior was quite one-dimensional (use Leaf Blade!). I think that if I had broke taboo and ditched the starter for this game, my experience would've been a lot better. Absolutely love Black 2, just not my in-game team!
Old February 16th, 2013, 12:54 AM
GallifreyanGallade
Poké Time Lord

Most times when I play Gen V games, I'll just ditch the starter completely, but on a recent playthrough of Black I kept Serperior on my team to see what it was like. Wasn't all that bad really.
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:12 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I had originally planned to ditch my starter after catching the first Pokémon I wanted on my team, but I suddenly found myself a soft heart after I decided to start with Tepig ─ never chose to use it before in White ─ and I ultimately decided to keep it with me. I doubt at this point I'm going to abandon it, not until probably post-game anyway. Truthfully, the Gen V starters as a whole are kind of "meh."
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:30 AM
Chespin13
Unhatched Egg

Yeah, I ditched my Snivy, I wanted to use a new pokemon instead of the starters.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links