• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
It's definitely possible~

You know what? I actually love to see more evolutions like that; it's like, expect the unexpected, you know? Like it blewwwwwwwwwww my mind when I found out that Trapinch can evolve to Vibrava; I'd love to see more unexpected evolutions!

Actually, what I want to see are explanations for these kinds of species-switching evolutions. It could be that Trapinch's evolution contains an unknown split in which whether or not it follows the branch leading to Vibrava and Flygon depends on the presence of another, possibly as-yet-undiscovered Pokémon inside either your party or the current trading session. The other branch could resemble the one in which Nincada evolves into Ninjask and leaves behind Shedinja, its cocoon, while also incorporating the commensal relationship created upon the cooperative evolutions of Shelmet and Karrablast into Accelgor and Escavalier, respectively, such that the other Pokémon present either in your party or during this trade would evolve into something that inhabits Trapinch's cocoon. I imagine that this new Pokémon's evolutionary result could be a pre-evolved form of Torkoal that hasn't yet developed Trapinch's cocoon, which might originate from its exoskeleton because of how that resembles a shell, into Torkoal's shell.

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Wait, people are guessing that the palace place is a ground type gym? I mean, okay yeah it makes sense with the Pokemon outside of it on the statue, but why? The architecture suggest its likely the Louvre or the Palace of Versailles, and those would either be psychic or grass type gyms if anything.

I seriously cannot wait for season and day/night together with this engine. Its gonna be so amazing. Even better is the weather, rain is going to be awesome, with the clouds in the sky and perhaps lightning bolts behind em giving the clouds a glow.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well the Louvre is currently a Museum, they could make a connection between that and digging up relics, though we just had a Museum-gym last generation though it was Normal rather than Ground so I'm not sure if they'll go that route again.

I hope they bring back thunder in the overworld like in Hoenn, I don't think it's been in any other generation since III...

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Well the Louvre is currently a Museum, they could make a connection between that and digging up relics, though we just had a Museum-gym last generation though it was Normal rather than Ground so I'm not sure if they'll go that route again.

I hope they bring back thunder in the overworld like in Hoenn, I don't think it's been in any other generation since III...

I hope they have a random weather pattern for the whole region. It'd be cool to check the weather report on TV everyday.

Years
That'll be nice to see, it'll give us a bigger opportunity to check out the messageboards in the gates. Speaking of gates I'm hoping this generation we have less than we did in five, maybe keep it at two like Hoenn had (both of which were for cycling road) though put one at the league. If they do lessen the use of gates than the weather can be on tv.

vaporeon7

Years
That'll be nice to see, it'll give us a bigger opportunity to check out the messageboards in the gates. Speaking of gates I'm hoping this generation we have less than we did in five, maybe keep it at two like Hoenn had (both of which were for cycling road) though put one at the league. If they do lessen the use of gates than the weather can be on tv.

I didn't mind all the gatehouses in Unova. Nor did I mind all the vending machines. I just hope we get some vending machines with different things. MOO MOO MILK AND LAVA COOKIES!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Eh, I haven't really used the vending machines myself; although it would be cool if they added more cool stuff and have more offers like a 12 pack of Sodas~ Or maybe we can have our own base where we can install our own vending machine, which would also be cool!

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Yeah, there is: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=294412

I would like to see a Day and Night cycle again myself~ And I would love nocturnal pokemon to return again too.
Thank you :D
For me I'll like to see another Owl based Pokemon. Noctowl isn't my cup of tea.
The vending machines were such an insignificant part of the games for me that I wouldn't really notice if they removed them for good. .___.; I wouldn't mind if they stocked them with different items, but it really doesn't make a difference for me.
If they give me to buy 12 soda at once, or at least skip those *kachank! sound, I wouldn't mine to have them again.
The most annoying hassle to went through when buying sodas is waiting for that *kachank! sound >__>

Guy

just a guy
Years
If the vending machines were to be removed, I don't think I'd notice unless someone pointed it out to me. They are pretty insignificant as Derk mentioned earlier. I definitely would like to see them hold other items besides Fresh Water, Lemonade, and Soda Pop. Gale of Darkness had Moo Moo Milk, I wish they could have continued that with the main games. I do like the idea of putting them in secret bases should they come back. That would be cool.

I'd actually like to just see some old random vending machines in the middle of routes and when you check on them either a wild Pokémon pops out or you find a loose item in them.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I guess the only feasible reason behind not having MooMoo milk in the vending machines could be that it expires quickly lol

Guy

just a guy
Years
(more of a joke)

You know how vending machine sometimes give you an extra drink, well what about if rarely, it just takes your money? Maybe then you could go complain to someone in a building and they'd give you like 10 drinks.
I'd actually just prefer it take our money and we get nothing in return. I know I'd totally hate it, but it would just be downright hilarious if that were to happen. It could be like a rare thing as you said.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
(more of a joke)

You know how vending machine sometimes give you an extra drink, well what about if rarely, it just takes your money? Maybe then you could go complain to someone in a building and they'd give you like 10 drinks.

That happens waaaaay too much IRL. Well, at least for me. ): It goes kinda like this for me:

~ Insert Coins
~ SOLD OUT MESSAGE / Internal Error?
~ Presses button for coins back
~ MACHINE DOESN'T GIVE COINS BACK?

It'd be funny if Vending machines work that way in pokemon too. :3

vaporeon7

Years
That happens waaaaay too much IRL. Well, at least for me. ): It goes kinda like this for me:

~ Insert Coins
~ SOLD OUT MESSAGE / Internal Error?
~ Presses button for coins back
~ MACHINE DOESN'T GIVE COINS BACK?

It'd be funny if Vending machines work that way in pokemon too. :3

I guess it add more more real life components to Pokémon.

What if some days certain PokéMarts or other stores had sales, like in RSE?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I guess it add more more real life components to Pokémon.

What if some days certain PokéMarts or other stores had sales, like in RSE?

That's a neat idea; I'd love sales to return~! Or maybe you can get some sort of discount card for special sales?

Also, maybe on some days, Marts will sell even rarer items like Evolution stones~

Or maybe something akin to Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker where you meet this guy named Beetle, and he sells you stuff, and depending on the cost of the purchase you make, he gives you 'points' in which the more points you have, the better rank you can get; (ie. Bronze Buyer, Platinum Member, etc.) And the higher rank you have, the better items you can get for sale (even with the number of badges you have) and the cheaper it can be?

vaporeon7

Years
That's a neat idea; I'd love sales to return~! Or maybe you can get some sort of discount card for special sales?

Also, maybe on some days, Marts will sell even rarer items like Evolution stones~

Or maybe something akin to Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker where you meet this guy named Beetle, and he sells you stuff, and depending on the cost of the purchase you make, he gives you 'points' in which the more points you have, the better rank you can get; (ie. Bronze Buyer, Platinum Member, etc.) And the higher rank you have, the better items you can get for sale (even with the number of badges you have) and the cheaper it can be?

I'd like something like that, or maybe even just being able to buy in bulk for cheaper.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hey guys, has a theme-park-like idea been introduced into the main series already? Not counting Nimbasa, I'd like to see a full-fledged theme park, and hopefully they could expand upon that in X/Y, and I feel that, if we're to ever really have battle facilities similar to that in Battle frontier, it would be in a carnival/theme-park like style, y'know.

Just a thought I'd like to share with everyone, is all. :3

Ahhh that'd be cool~! Like a theme park-style Battle Frontier! But yeah; either way, I'd love to see more theme parks in X&Y too. Maybe not a gym because that's been done already, but, maybe just as a tourist attraction?

Years
Sinnoh's felt sort of theme park like to me for some strange reason...though a more real one would be cool. Maybe it can have a Pikachu and other electric rodents in it parallel to real life Disney which has Mickey Mouse.
Speaking of electric rodent I wonder what we'll get this time around, for gens 1-2 we got mouses (Raichu and it's pre evolutions), gen 3 rabbits, gen 4 squirrel, gen 5 flying squirrel. Maybe they'll do a non electric roddent line like Johto with Marill, along with a pre evolution to one the older electric rodents.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I really liked the theme park in Nimbasa, but I wish it'd extend more. :( Sooo hopefully in these games there are better theme parks with more things to do. Like a cup game or something! And a better ferris wheel too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back