The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 26th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Hopefully the Day and Night system in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will have the light change colour slowly, rather than an instant fade of a colour as in Black and White Versions. I would much prefer the Day and Night system to have a similar kind of style as what the Animal Crossing games had.

And wouldn't it be interesting to see the sunset or sunrise in the background during the morning or evening? That would be something I would love to see.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Theory_
Unhatched Egg

Would be really cool to see the seasons with the new graphics.
Old February 16th, 2013, 05:11 PM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
I never understood why the Day/Night cycle in Gen V was partially removed
Yes, Day/Night cycele still work. If you leveled up Eevee with max happiness in 20:00PM, it still evolved to Umbreon. But, the in-game doesn;t even feel night at all. There is no more Pokemon that would appear onky at night. So stale and boring.

It never crossed out in my mind that Seasonal Cycle would disturb it unless GF programmers are really bad they can't make something that have different time hold working together. If they thought that catching night-only Pokemon is such a hassle, how about Vaniluxe and other that only appear out in Winter? Remind you that season changes once a month in a cycle compared to 12 hours cycle of day/night.

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old February 17th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengar View Post
I never understood why the Day/Night cycle in Gen V was partially removed :(
Yes, Day/Night cycele still work. If you leveled up Eevee with max happiness in 20:00PM, it still evolved to Umbreon. But, the in-game doesn;t even feel night at all. There is no more Pokemon that would appear onky at night. So stale and boring.

It never crossed out in my mind that Seasonal Cycle would disturb it unless GF programmers are really bad they can't make something that have different time hold working together. If they thought that catching night-only Pokemon is such a hassle, how about Vaniluxe and other that only appear out in Winter? Remind you that season changes once a month in a cycle compared to 12 hours cycle of day/night.
Oh also with the night, not feeling like night... it should seem darker, and things should change rather than just lighting and lamps etc. Everything needs to be lit up, and for things to be found in harder places at night than during the day imo.
Old February 17th, 2013, 03:38 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Oh also with the night, not feeling like night... it should seem darker, and things should change rather than just lighting and lamps etc. Everything needs to be lit up, and for things to be found in harder places at night than during the day imo.
It not even like dusk at all
it just lik day with cloudy weather >__>

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old February 17th, 2013, 02:17 PM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
I don't see why they would remove the day and night feature? It has been in every pokemon game on DS and I dont see why they would stop with it now? I mean sure they may remove the season feature since its 3D and everything but I'm 99% sure they will include the day and night feature and 30% that they will include the seasons feature. It would still look badass if they had the seasons feature in X and Y :D

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620
Old February 17th, 2013, 03:49 PM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Nature: Timid
Seeing as so many Pokémon's evolutions depend on the Day-and-Night system, it'd be pretty stupid of GF to exclude it. Although, they've done it the past with Gen III. >.>

As for the seasons, I'd like to see them return. Deerling's forms are heavily dependent on the seasons, so I don't see that system being completely done away with. Perhaps they could improve the system with random weather corresponding to each season; high winds, down pours, blizzards, droughts, sandstorms, fog, cloudy, and clear skies.
Old February 19th, 2013, 02:54 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Well obviously they'll include it, the real question is how they'll improve on it, as someone above said, an actual transition between day and night instead of an instant change would be nice, and heck, it would be cool to watch the sunrise and sunset in certain areas, as for the seasons, more effects on the overworld, maybe during summer, vines can drop from trees to allow you to swing across gaps, we saw that could be done in the trailer with that (gym?) puzzle.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links