• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Do you think there will be travel between regions?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
i hope you can visit the hoenn!

Ya most people want that, actually. But really after thinking about it, if Hoenn were included, I'd have thought it'd be one of the first selling points, rather than just a new Eeveelution. :(

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
Years
Oh god, that would be amazing! You should definitely be able to go back to other regions after you've been there. For example, if you're in Unova and you want to go to Hoenn, there should be a ship, or a plane, or a train to bring you to all regions. Like a different ship/plane/train for each region.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh god, that would be amazing! You should definitely be able to go back to other regions after you've been there. For example, if you're in Unova and you want to go to Hoenn, there should be a ship, or a plane, or a train to bring you to all regions. Like a different ship/plane/train for each region.

I don't think we'd be able to go to every region. Like imagine how much would go into that and all the other games would seem like they have less value than before imo. ;(

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't think we'd be able to go to every region. Like imagine how much would go into that and all the other games would seem like they have less value than before imo. ;(
Not to mention, the level curb would probably be a mess should every region be included.

While to fans it would be a big selling point, GameFreak is the one who will be losing out the most.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, I guess my concern is that travelling to other regions miiiight take emphasis away from this whole new region. Fans can be like, "ohhhh cool a new region!" but then they realize they can explore Hoenn and be like "OMG WE CAN GO TO HOENN! I HOPE TEAM MAGMA AND AQUA ARE ARE HERE" for instance.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Well, I guess my concern is that travelling to other regions miiiight take emphasis away from this whole new region. Fans can be like, "ohhhh cool a new region!" but then they realize they can explore Hoenn and be like "OMG WE CAN GO TO HOENN! I HOPE TEAM MAGMA AND AQUA ARE ARE HERE" for instance.

I don't think it would be that bad. I mean most generations have had the option to go to a region other than the newest region.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver didn't take that much emphasis away from Sinnoh. (same goes for Kanto and Hoenn)

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't think it would be that bad. I mean most generations have had the option to go to a region other than the newest region.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver didn't take that much emphasis away from Sinnoh. (same goes for Kanto and Hoenn)
What Miss Doronjo probably means is, having an older region available within X and Y such as how Kanto was in Gold, Silver, and Crystal would remove some of the emphasis from the new region. This wasn't the case between RSE and FRLG or DPPt and HGSS, because they were each separate games from one another that came at a later time.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I've always been thinking about a game in which you can visit all 5 (6) regions. Short summary: Team Rocket should be the villainous team, because Giovanni got more potentional during his battles in the PWT. Every region has his own Admin. You start as a trainer in Aspertia City and chosse your starter in Nuvema. After defeating Rocket in Unova, you have to travel to Kanto by plane. From there walk to Johto, from Johto to Sinnoh by boat and from Sinnoh to Hoenn by boat ass wel. You have to defeat Rocket Admins in eevery region and the grande finale should be on Mt. silver where you battle Giovanni. The level curve isn't a problem if you just hand over your Pokemon to the regions proffesor.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Why not raise the level cap and leveling curve to be able to handle multiple regions ?

blue

gucci
Years
Imagine if they did a poll to see which region we could travel too in X & Y out of all of the current ones to date, I know they wouldn't but that would be awesome.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I have no idea if there will be travel between regions, but I sure hope not. I want GF to invest every bit of resources - time and budget - into making a region that's the best it can possibly be, with a story that's the best it can possibly be and a pokedex that's the best it can possibly be. I don't want them diverting resources from that for some piddly additional region that they'd almost certainly only do a half-assed job of anyway (like they did with Kanto in GSC/HGSS).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Imagine if they did a poll to see which region we could travel too in X & Y out of all of the current ones to date, I know they wouldn't but that would be awesome.

That'd be interesting but I'm not sure it's too likely to happen, unless the regions are already pre-planned actually. Unless it's small DLC I'm not sure they could bring it in earlier without it having already been programmed that way.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Guys, 3D models already take up MUCH MUCH MUCH space, and adding another region would make the game so big and the game will lag so, in my opinion we can't travel to other regions and as usual it will just be another outbreak of pokemon... -_-

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Guys, 3D models already take up MUCH MUCH MUCH space, and adding another region would make the game so big and the game will lag so, in my opinion we can't travel to other regions and as usual it will just be another outbreak of pokemon... -_-

I don't think it'd necessarily lag much, unless it's way over their limit. I'm sure there's a certain limit they intend not to bypass so it doesn't overly lag, meaning that another region, as long as it's not overly done, is possible without lag!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
In that case Johto or Unova would be the best candidates as Sinnoh,Hoenn, and Kanto are fairly large. I think if anything it'll be Unova to Parallel generation 2's trip to Kanto. Maybe if the add the original Dragon they could have it's event there. Yet again if they had Unova in 3D one would ask why they didn't make B2W2 3D, unless they didn't have enough time.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I wouldn't be surprised if Unova appeared actually! Because really, like you mentioned the parallel point, it's true, it's meant to be like Johto, and Unova seemed to grab a lot of GF's attention so it might be likely.~

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
The only problem with going back to Unova is that every Unova pokemon would have to return (apart from maybe some legendaries) or it would be strange. How do you explain half (or more) of Unova's pokemon being replaced by Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon?

It's not the same as Pokemon Gold/Silver where there was only the pokemon from two regions to consider.

My ideal situation would be that they would sell additional regions as dlc on the eShop for about €10-15. I would only be willing to pay if it included a full experience though. That means new main storyline and post game, evil team, rival, gyms, elite four, additional features and aspects that make each region what it is (if I buy a Sinnoh expansion pack I want to be able to make poffins, if I buy the Hoenn expansion I want to be able to enter all the contests or set up a secret base in a tree, if I buy the Johto expansion I want to be able to enter my pokemon in the Pokeathlon etc)

I wouldn't expect to get a full region for free. I don't think it would be worth their time.

My expectation is that they won't attempt something like this for the 6th gen, but it would be amazing if they did go down an expansion like route.

Last edited:

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
I can't imagine All the regions, everything in those regions and all that data in one tiny chip, I just can't not in our time.

Back